Type keyword(s) to search

Lisey's Story: Anticipation Thread

• Start Topic

I thought we were going to get it all at once. I’m disappointed, I was going to spend the weekend watching it. I’m not used to Apple TV, I got used to Netflix.  

(edited)

I am a huge Stephen King fan but this is one book I read once and never read again. It had nothing to do with the story but rather the timing of when I read it. I lost my husband in 2006, when this book came out, and was looking for something to take my mind off of it. I had no idea what the novel was about because I have a hardcover collection of Stephen King novels and buy them no matter what. I should have put it down once I realized what the subject matter was, a wife coming to terms with her husband's death, and waited until I wasn't so emotionally raw but I enjoyed the writing. I keep promising myself I will read it again but just cannot seem to pick it up again.

This long preamble to explain that I am now unsure as to whether or not I will watch this series. I love Julianne Moore and I have seen almost every Stephen King film and miniseries (excepting a few Children of the Corn films) but I hesitate to commit myself to the series. If I start it, I will finish it, but should I even bother? Has anyone seen any previews beyond the one above? Does this look like one of the better Stephen King adaptations or another bad Children of the Corn film?

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 2