Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Reunion

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TazDevil said:

I wanted to see what the rest of it looked like!  I was also distracted by the water spot that kept showing on her boob off and on.  That's why you use a straw on TV, Elizabeth!!

I saw it in Reddit. Skin tight down to her ankles, total ROY G BIV. I agree with the poster Upthread - total drag vibes, especially with the Dolly Parton bosom. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I never found Elizabeth particularly attractive. Borderline horsey almost. I thought Izzy, with her long and lean body and high cheekbones, nearly model material (after a tiny bit of lip filler maybe). Ashling is a cute blond with an unfortunately thick, matronly body, Francesca reminds me of Annette Bening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

This was the most forgettable reunion ever. The season also was a real snoozer. MVP's are Eddie, Izzy, and the bright shining star of the season... Delores. Hell, it almost makes me miss the assholes like Timothy Sykes and Dean Slover, to whom the Queen of Versailles crew were poor substitutes for. I miss the glory days of seasons 2-5 when it was the crew contending with the demanding and crazy charter guests.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 10:12 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Elizabeth was striking poses throughout the reunion.  She kept looking at her image in the zoom screen.

Right!!?? What a total idiot. She at one point was sticking her chest out!! Elizabeth will be fine, as she is her own biggest fan. She can not for a moment consider that she is a dolt and does not belong in yachting. She is a stage 5 cling on, who I initially thought was kinda attractive, but by seasons end I considered her a horse faced moron. 

I thought Rachel looked incredible. Seeing her all made up made it clear why she was on Season 3 of ANTM. The red in her hair was flattering. I hope to see more of her on upcoming seasons, and hopefully she learns to curb her drinking.

I don't find Francesca remotely interesting. I hope they do better with chief stews. Kate is hard to replace, that is for sure.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, luvthepros said:

18 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I saw it in Reddit. Skin tight down to her ankles, total ROY G BIV. I agree with the poster Upthread - total drag vibes, especially with the Dolly Parton bosom. 

See Elizabeth's gown here

Totally didn't like Elizabeth before the reunion but the pose in her selfie, the dress, and all the posturing she was doing during the reunion has bumped my dislike up to yuck. It is clear that being on the show was 100% about her getting exposure. I'm guessing her next gig will be as an influencer on instagram. Which is fine if that's what she wants to do and if she wanted to get on the show to up her recognition? Fine. What sticks in my craw is her "woe is me, everyone's so mean to me and I'm doing the bestest job possible, I'm trying so hard and I don't understand at all how anyone could be frustrated". 

I contrast her with James who is equally immature, but who was up front about why he joined the show - for the kicks, and still he did his job competently. 

• Love 14

I'm glad they skipped Dolores (though they did mention her).  

I'm glad Rachel seems to have taken stock of her behavior, at least the most egregious drunken parts.  As for the rest... there's an extent to which extraordinary talent will make up for people not wanting to be around you. The trouble is, there's a tipping point, and once it tips things change really quickly, and people who have skated on their talent never seem to see it coming. Sometimes it's just somebody 80% as talented who comes along without the temperamental baggage.  All the other cogs in the wheel work better and happier... and that 20% margin is no longer considered indispensable. 

• Love 8
On 2/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, TexasGal said:

Did Elizabeth find an old figure skating outfit?  Interesting top she’s got on.

Ok I am embarrassed... I came here to say that I love her top and if anyone knew where I can buy it.  Didn't realize it is a gown.

On 2/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, aqusdealer said:

Sunshine did everyone a favor logging on. Then the ditz doesn't even listen to the questions and threatens to "logoff" because he's getting flack? Please Shane....don't let the door hit your clueless ass on the way out! LOL

I know some people like him - humor and sarcasm just doesn't click with them.  It is difficult to joke around with people like that.  

I do wonder if he knew that he was on BRAVO!?  With Andy Cohen in charge - cruel and awful, known for basically knocking people down and making fun of them - every single program, every show!

On 2/22/2021 at 9:32 PM, Lassus said:

I also think that Francesca is lying that she didn't know it was Elizabeth's birthday cake.

This whole crew is mostly gross. 

Lee being a dick, too!  She JUST SAID SOMETHING positive, Captain.  Christ. 

This is just unpleasant to watch.

I wonder if Captain Lee zoned out there for a minute at the end when he said that Elizabeth never says anything nice about "Chess" (barf) after she JUST said nice stuff about her.

• Love 1
On 2/22/2021 at 10:32 PM, Lassus said:

I also think that Francesca is lying that she didn't know it was Elizabeth's birthday cake.

One hundred percent - I just watched the Galley Talk of this episode and I will bet money that the person who yells out "Happy Birthday Elizabeth!" when the cake comes out is Francesca. It was her voice/accent - and no, she wasn't celebrating her. She was being a bitch. And I believe that she was the one who set the tone of jumping in with the forks to mangle the cake, as there is a very quick shot of the cake on the table and the only part missing is right in front of Francesca. I have been pretty clear about how I thought Elizabeth was a fuck-up, but I think Francesca is too, and it WAS mean-spirited and immature of someone who is a BOSS to be so petty with the rest of the crew after firing her, especially since Elizabeth did seem to take it pretty hard. I also thought that her "Don't touch me!" exclamation when Elizabeth was trying to appeal to her after the firing was bizarre. I don't need to see her back.

Edited by Teri313
Fixed typo
  • Love 3

I did not watch this season at all. I'm only watching the reunion now because it was on my tv this morning when I turned it on and I'm lazy lol. The only comment I have is lol at Capt. Lee having his damn book propped up on full display during the reunion. 😂 He said if I gotta be here, I'm getting some promotion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I did not watch this season at all. I'm only watching the reunion now because it was on my tv this morning when I turned it on and I'm lazy lol. The only comment I have is lol at Capt. Lee having his damn book propped up on full display during the reunion. 😂 He said if I gotta be here, I'm getting some promotion.

I laughed at that too. And not  even on a table or bookcase like most people do, but propped up on the back of the couch behind him. Not too obvious! lol I know that most people here love him - I actually liked him in the first few seasons - but I think he's let his "celebrity" go to his head and his schtick has gotten old. I would like to see Bravo retire him and get a new captain. JMHO.

Edited by Teri313
Typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I wonder if Captain Lee zoned out there for a minute at the end when he said that Elizabeth never says anything nice about "Chess" (barf) after she JUST said nice stuff about her.

Possibly, but he also could have been reacting to Elizabeth being asked to say something nice about someone, to which she could have replied any number of things, like "she's kind to animals" "she really loves her family" "she does a hilarious impression of ___"  and instead basically saying "once or twice she let her guard down and appeared almost human, and I liked that - shame she didn't do more of that." She turned it into an opportunity to slam her some more. That was how I interpreted Lee's reaction. 

Picture Eddie being asked to say something nice about Sustainable Sam, and instead of saying something benign like "I liked how appreciative and enthusiastic he is about the environment we work in" he said "He's really enthusiastic about the environment -- I wish he'd been equally enthusiastic about making our working environment more positive."

You don't make a dig during the "say one nice thing" part of the interview.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I will bet money that the person who yells out "Happy Birthday Elizabeth!" when the cake comes out is Francesca.

I thought it was the cake server.  She had no clue Liz wasn't there or what was going on.  YMMV

• Love 5
16 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I thought it was the cake server.  She had no clue Liz wasn't there or what was going on.  YMMV

I just watched it again. The server who brought the cake to the table asked if they needed a knife, and her voice is high pitched and difficult to hear because she is not miked. The person who responded to her saying they don't need a knife is the one who said "Happy Birthday Elizabeth" quite loudly with a lower pitch, and she is clearly miked, and it sounds just like Francesca.

Edited by Teri313
Original was a little convoluted, rewrote to get to the point
On 2/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, TexasGal said:

You know, as I copied that I thought...were they on Ohana?  But Bravo still doesn’t have an episode description up online so that’s how much they care I guess.  😂

Did Elizabeth find an old figure skating outfit?  Interesting top she’s got on.

Elizabeth looked ridiculous. For one so conscious of how she looks on camera, it's a shame she evidently does not own a mirror.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:59 PM, aqusdealer said:

Cracked up when there was a shot of Rachel enjoying the show and popping peanuts as if to say "nobody can ever be a crazy as me, I'm truly certifiable" Ha ha

I loved that, too. Wasn't it while a couple of the stews were being encouraged to slam each other? I thought she looked like she brought popcorn to watch.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:16 PM, janiema said:

It looks as if Shane was wearing sustainable clothing.

As in, he just got it out of a dumpster.

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Seriously??!! I love Iceland!! Maybe we will get a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis, Gullfoss Falls, etc...the nature is amazing there, I am so excited!!

Via IG private message to Deux Moi 

79560E13-F6B5-4624-A9AF-DDD9E16B7836.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 2/22/2021 at 10:32 PM, Lassus said:

Rob did a Reddit AMA. He said production ordered the cake and made sure there was an empty place setting for Elizabeth. I wonder if that was who Rachel was going off about, as we know “fuck you” and “eat my cooter” wasn’t really aimed at Captain Lee. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 2/24/2021 at 7:02 AM, MadMiniaturist said:

I never found Elizabeth particularly attractive. Borderline horsey almost. I thought Izzy, with her long and lean body and high cheekbones, nearly model material (after a tiny bit of lip filler maybe). Ashling is a cute blond with an unfortunately thick, matronly body, Francesca reminds me of Annette Bening.

I think Ashling looks great. If this is thick and matronly, sign me up! 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CE1KLdbh5T_/?igshid=1enw27xwadyf4

• Love 6
On 2/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, Mr. Miner said:

I hope the two twats from Australia are done on BD. 👎🏻

Because they are Australian? Or because they don’t put up with lazy, vain and vapid people? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, UKTally44 said:

Because they are Australian? Or because they don’t put up with lazy, vain and vapid people? 

Neither, I just thought they were both incredibly lame. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 1

This is my first season watching this show (I just started marathoning it on Demand while my newborn was up all night) and I’m surprised by all of the posters saying it was boring/nothing happened. I thought it has a lot of action for an “unscripted” Bravo show. Firings! Conflicts! A guest jumping ship! Terrible James, ditzy Elizabeth, and my intense secondhand embarrassment for her! Rachel being Rachel! 

Is it usually more action-packed than this? Genuinely curious!

Also, I’m sure this has been talked about but I find the gratuitous shots of everyone changing to be … creepy. 

• Love 3
On 7/22/2021 at 8:59 AM, ladle said:

This is my first season watching this show (I just started marathoning it on Demand while my newborn was up all night) and I’m surprised by all of the posters saying it was boring/nothing happened. I thought it has a lot of action for an “unscripted” Bravo show. Firings! Conflicts! A guest jumping ship! Terrible James, ditzy Elizabeth, and my intense secondhand embarrassment for her! Rachel being Rachel! 

Is it usually more action-packed than this? Genuinely curious!

Also, I’m sure this has been talked about but I find the gratuitous shots of everyone changing to be … creepy. 

Welcome to the BD viewership! I enjoyed this season (much more than last season, which was mostly terrible) and also wondered why so many thought it was "boring".

• Love 3