Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: Reunion

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

On 2/19/2021 at 6:50 PM, TexasGal said:

AIrdate 02.22.2021

Only one episode for a reunion?  Shocking.

They’re not going to drag it out to three episodes/hours? Thank heavens. One hour I can handle, no reason for more. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

Did they switch boats?

You know, as I copied that I thought...were they on Ohana?  But Bravo still doesn’t have an episode description up online so that’s how much they care I guess.  😂

Did Elizabeth find an old figure skating outfit?  Interesting top she’s got on.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Interesting that Rob was a no-show AND that Rachel was the one defending him. 

I wonder if the fact that Elizabeth wasn’t able to complete a full sentence when given the opportunity contributed to the other girls maybe thinking she’s done and seeing the opening to speak. At the end of the day, if Lee is saying Liz is not cut out for the yacht or life, I’m going to take his word. Not that I ever thought otherwise but his validation seals the deal.

Interesting season overall, Eddie and Izzy were my favorites, I’d love to see them return. I didn’t mind Ches, I say give her another season with new stews to see what happens. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

I rarely say this, but I think Rob is flat lying that he didn't watch the season.  (And I think Rachel is a liar, too.)  He did watch, he knows he was a dick, and is too chickenshit to show up.

My favorite character so far is James' french bulldog.  EDIT: And the bulldog friend!

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

As a note, Captain Lee actually AGREED with James from earlier there, that going into the guest cabin for Elizabeth WAS a last straw.  I think if she hadn't been such a wreck prior they wouldn't have fired her for that. Harshly reprimanded, threatened, yes.  But not fired.  Lee very nearly admitted as much.

• Love 10

I also think that Francesca is lying that she didn't know it was Elizabeth's birthday cake.

This whole crew is mostly gross. 

Lee being a dick, too!  She JUST SAID SOMETHING positive, Captain.  Christ. 

This is just unpleasant to watch.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

38 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Everyone else is facing the camera - and Elizabeth sits there posturing - at one point I swear I saw Sarah SandersonSarah Jessica Parker sitting there!  

Elizabeth was striking poses throughout the reunion.

That's what I meant MovingTargetGal - couldn't think of the correct phrase!!!

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

Is it just me or does Cap not seem like himself?

It wasn't just you.  I feel really bad for Captain Lee, I cannot imagine finding my son after overdosing.  It would be hell enough to learn of their death, but to actually FIND them...OMG. There is no telling where his mind was while shooting the reunion, but he didn't seem to be in such a good place at all.  

• Love 11

Well, I am impressed with Shane realizing that they were going to make him the comic  relief and he wasn’t having it. Glad he stood up for himself and they backed off.  As much as I wasn’t impressed with Elizabeth’s work ethic, I really feel as if she was ganged up on, including by Captain Lee, who had NO idea what her work was like.  James should have been let go as well, but Eddie had already fired Shane so he didn’t want to let someone else go.  Francesca is a terrible manager and I think she’s quite a snit so there’s that.  Just as I predicted, Rob did not show up for the reunion. If Izzy is correct and he never wanted to be on camera why did he accept the job?  He must have been aware that the was going on a reality show.  That said, I agree with whoever said that yachting is not for everyone.  I doubt I could stand waiting on all those rich jerks who expect an elite experience and at times can be overbearing - the tips seem nice if that’s what really happens but it does look like hard work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I have to admit that Rachel looked pretty good with makeup... but then came the thought of her constantly referring to squirting diarrhea and references to “cropdusting“ farts and I would think maybe I threw up in my mouth a little. 🤭

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I got nothing from the reunion, no shockers, no insight, nothing.

How does Andy think this was entertaining, he did not talk about Izzy and her newly found awareness, he did not ask Capt. Lee why that blue mug (which we have never seen before), was always in the frame of filming, was it a gift from his now deceased son?  Capt. Lee did not address Delores at all nor did they show the infamous jump in to the water, no mention of any of the charters where things actually happened.  We did not even get a montage of Lee's sayings.

Capt. Lee is going thru grief, it could be a long process and he should have been kinder to himself and not filmed, he was checked out, understandably.

Eddie was subdued, we could have been treated to a rerun of his goat calling, that was funny. 

Nobody brought up the beach clean up with no gloves and Elizabeth dressed like she was going clubbing.

C'mon Andy, do better.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Spelling, it is always spelling!
  • Love 21
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

her outfit looked like a skating costume.

This is also exactly what I thought about her outfit - maybe also gymnastics.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Didn't watch the reunion but I said earlier that this whole season was off. Captain Lee was not himself I am sure because he was grieving the loss of his son. No Kate and let's face it she was a major part of what made this show special. Love her or hate her she is hard to replace.  Francesca ws not a good choice for Kate'sreplacement. Sh has no peronality and does not make for good reality TV. Funny thing is I can't even remember who Rob was.   

• Love 11
11 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Interesting season overall, Eddie and Izzy were my favorites, I’d love to see them return. I didn’t mind Ches, I say give her another season with new stews to see what happens. 

Same here.  Might be an UO, but I thought Rachel was good TV.  I'd watch another season with her as chef.

10 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Just as I predicted, Rob did not show up for the reunion. If Izzy is correct and he never wanted to be on camera why did he accept the job?  He must have been aware that the was going on a reality show.

$

6 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Eddie said that canceling the final 2 charters cost him $5K.  Their tips are usually ~$1500.  Does that mean they get a $1000 base salary per charter?  The number seemed high to me.

Bravo pays them as well, on top of pay from the Charter Business and tip.  Might the number of scheduled charters have something to do with it?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, RedHawk said:

And we don’t know how his wife and other family members are taking the loss. He may be trying to hold himself and his family together plus deal with Covid. He’s had a terrible, tough year and I think he’s just doing his best to honor his commitment to this job while hoping to get to a better place emotionally soon.

My husband and I lost our only child unexpectedly two years ago to a bizarrely severe case of pancreatitis. We can say from experience that the pandemic is doing us no favors in terms of helping the healing process and trying to figure out what our life can possibly be without her. Too much time alone with your thoughts; no opportunity to be with friends or get away and be distracted. I feel a kinship with Captain Lee and his family, and when I see him on tv and his social media, I look at how they are doing their best to carry on, which is a reminder to us that it is what we must do, what our child would want for us. But it's hard. 

32 minutes ago, Madhattter said:

My husband and I lost our only child unexpectedly two years ago to a bizarrely severe case of pancreatitis. We can say from experience that the pandemic is doing us no favors in terms of helping the healing process and trying to figure out what our life can possibly be without her. Too much time alone with your thoughts; no opportunity to be with friends or get away and be distracted. I feel a kinship with Captain Lee and his family, and when I see him on tv and his social media, I look at how they are doing their best to carry on, which is a reminder to us that it is what we must do, what our child would want for us. But it's hard. 

I am so very sorry for your loss

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, TexasGal said:

You know, as I copied that I thought...were they on Ohana?  But Bravo still doesn’t have an episode description up online so that’s how much they care I guess.  😂

Her makeup was way overdone,  she is a very pretty woman,  she didn't need to apply make up like she was a dancer in Vegas.  She did herself no favors everytime she spoke either.  That girl is delusional.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How does Andy think this was entertaining, he did not talk about Izzy and her newly found awareness, he did not ask Capt. Lee why that blue mug (which we have never seen before), was always in the frame of filming, was it a gift from his now deceased son?  Capt. Lee did not address Delores at all nor did they show the infamous jump in to the water, no mention of any of the charters where things actually happened.  We did not even get a montage of Lee's sayings.

Capt. Lee is going thru grief, it could be a long process and he should have been kinder to himself and not filmed, he was checked out, understandably.

Eddie was subdued, we could have been treated to a rerun of his goat calling, that was funny. 

Nobody brought up the beach clean up with no gloves and Elizabeth dressed like she was going clubbing.

C'mon Andy, do better.

Andy clearly always has his own agenda,  he was trying to make Francesca and Ash the villain's in this season.  Why didn't anyone call out that jerk James ?  He was such an ass and not one bit amusing or funny or forgivable.  James was a rat. 

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, jrzy said:

Andy clearly always has his own agenda,  he was trying to make Francesca and Ash the villain's in this season.  Why didn't anyone call out that jerk James ?  He was such an ass and not one bit amusing or funny or forgivable.  James was a rat. 

Andy is always going to portray women as the villains, it's his stock in trade.  James is too cute for Andy to call out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

The reunion seemed like it ended so abruptly lol it was weird.

Elizabeth continued to be an idiot. She is just delusional.

Shane is still a big baby. I don’t think he raised any awareness for the environment lol. Like did I miss something? Izzy saying he told her not take shells from the ocean or whatever was idiotic. Anyone with a brain knows not to just grab stuff like that. Shane is a moron who thinks he’s very special for some reason.

I spent most of James segments watching out for his dogs lol.

Rob is a coward.

Rachel actually seemed to come off not too bad on the reunion.

Need a better cast next time. This one didn’t seem to work.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

C'mon Andy, do better.

All of my same thoughts.  This was one of the worst reunions I've watched.  They can stretch some of the stupid housewives shows into three reunions to discuss stupid shit - I would have liked to have seen a second hour of this, discussing all you mentioned.  

The only thing I got out out of this is that my original perceptions of each crew member were spot-on.  

I thought that Francesca and Rachel both looked very pretty.  Francesca appeared much more petite and small-boned than I thought during filming.  Rachel looked stunning, and that color blue was gorgeous on her.  Without make-up, they both are naturally pretty but with the right makeup, they are beautiful.  Izzy, too.  Ashling was more subdued, but she looked nice.  Elizabeth looked like she was wearing Tonya Harding's cast-off skating costume.  Tacky, tacky, tacky!!!  

Shane looked like the surfer-dude (with a social conscience) that he is.  I didn't like Eddie' beard.  James looked okay, but messy.  (I was very distracted by his dog, who is adorable!!)  Captain Lee looked very dapper - I like seeing him in a suit and tie.  He just seemed sad, though, and that made me feel bad for him.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

So I’m NOT the only one who thought this.  Pushing her chest out, shifting shoulders.   I thought “honey, this  is NOT a Playboy shoot.”   

No, you're not the only one.  She was shifting and changing positions so much, I thought there may have been a still photographer in the room, snapping away while she was on Zoom.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Marley said:

Shane is still a big baby. I don’t think he raised any awareness for the environment lol. Like did I miss something? Izzy saying he told her not take shells from the ocean or whatever was idiotic. Anyone with a brain knows not to just grab stuff like that. Shane is a moron who thinks he’s very special for some reason.

I didn’t get why Izzy was so shocked that people aren’t supposed to take shells, coral, and other flora and fauna from places they visit.  That has been a known practice/rule for decades.  When I was a teenager back in the 80’s, my dad lived in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia as a dive master for UK company for several years.  I spent 3 summer vacations visiting him in those countries as well as a few adventures to Borneo, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.  We snorkeled and surfed everywhere, and the #1 rule for anyone on the boats or in the water or on the beach was DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING.  No shells, not even sand!  And my dad was really strict about this, and the beaches and tourist sites had signs everywhere to remind tourists.  This isn’t a new “sustainability” movement, Shane.

Edited by BusyOctober
Spelling matters
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Madhattter said:

I am so extremely sorry for your loss - I hope that you will find your way to some healing.  ❤️ 

• Love 9

It's less than 24 hours since I watched the reunion and I've forgotten most of it. Some takeaways: If I didn't know I was watching a BD show, I would never have recognized Izzy, Rachel, or Elizabeth. Izzy and Rachel looked gorgeous but normally gorgeous Elizabeth looked ridiculous. Her hair is not a good shade, she had on way, way too much makeup, and her outfit did her no favors. She didn't help herself with her equivocating on tough questions, playing the victim, and having no self awareness about her job performance nor her "relationship" with James. It was less than a Boat-mance even. Captain Lee called it right, a one night stand but they continued to work together making a clean get away impossible.

I appreciated Rachel's look at herself. She was ready to take her hits (Unlike Shane) and reflect upon her life's choices. I wish Andy had directly asked her, are you an alcoholic? As he did to Kat at the season 1 reunion. 

Shane is delusional about himself, a degree from Berkeley  He clearly didn't feel "safe" and I think he would have prepared himself to get tough questions. It wouldn't hurt for him to review his life's purpose and learn from this experience. 
While many folks know not to take shell's, etc. from vacations, not everyone knows it and it has to be learned each generation. I just didn't find that too surprising and I appreciated that Izzy found something nice to say about Shane.

I think my biggest takeaway was Ashling not giving an inch to Elizabeth. She was very Captain Sandy, "Yachting is not your passion" 
I'm not a Captain Sandy fan but Francesca and Ashling were both very Guest Enjoyment centered. I remember when Ashling was new to the boat, she woke up and decided to make her detox shots for the hungover guests. No one told her to do that, she was being proactive to think about her guests and what might make them happy? What would enhance their experience? And she just did it. 
Compare and contrast that to Elizabeth who never it seems, put the guests first. Her love life was always her first concern and then "being nice" came in second. 
But I digress, Ashling was a little like a dog with a bone, she wasn't going to back down from her assertion that Elizabeth was a bad/lazy stew.

I would have LOVED to see Josiah on that boat!! He came on his previous season with ideas and suggestions right out of the gate and I can only imagine how he would have improved service on this season. Francesca and Ashling would have both walked away improved in their service capabilities. It's a shame it didn't work out.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I didn’t get why Izzy was so shocked that people aren’t supposed to take shells, coral, and other flora and fauna from places they visit.  That has been a known practice/rule for decades.  When I was a teenager back in the 80’s, my dad lived in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia as a dive master for UK company for several years.  I spent 3 summer vacations visiting him in those countries as well as a few adventures to Borneo, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand.  We snorkeled and surfed everywhere, and the #1 rule for anyone on the boats or in the water or on the beach was DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING.  No shells, not even sand!  Amy dad was really strict about this, and the beaches and tourist sites had signs everywhere to remind tourists.  This isn’t a new “sustainability” movement, Shane.

General rule for the beach and the sea:  "Take only photos and leave only footprints".  

• Love 8

Elizabeth looked like a drag queen and not a good one. You can definitely tell she is not used to fake eye lashes because she was blinking non stop!!

Would love to see Josiah on a future season. 

Capt. lee looks so sad. I can't even imagine his loss. Also, not used to seeing him in glasses. I know he usually is pretty quiet on the reunion shows. 

Edited by Thisgirllovespasta
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Marley said:

The reunion seemed like it ended so abruptly lol it was weird.

Yes It's like they couldn't be bothered to edit it in a way that made sense. I thought my DVR cut off.  Really wish they have someone other than Andy host non-Housewives reunions.  You can tell he doesn't watch the show and gives no effort.

6 hours ago, jrzy said:

Andy clearly always has his own agenda,  he was trying to make Francesca and Ash the villain's in this season.  

And again, yes.  He was so upset when Rachel didn't play along.  Speaking of, I always appreciate when people watch themselves and recognize they weren't always 100% right.  Rachel seems to have learned a bit from her experience.

While I agree with most that Izzy was a great deckhand, I do find it a bit rich that she so quickly calls out Rob & James for being disrespectful when she loudly called Francesca a twat.  Especially since is wasn't even her battle. In yachting, stripes do matter.  

I just adore Eddie, hope this isn't the last we've seen of him.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I wanted to see what the rest of it looked like!  I was also distracted by the water spot that kept showing on her boob off and on.  That's why you use a straw on TV, Elizabeth!!

• Love 4

OK, my takeaway...didn’t Elizabeth notice the stain on her skating costume?  I think that says everything we need to know about her.

James cracks me up, maybe because he so obviously doesn’t take himself seriously.  Captain Lee’s comment that James and Elizabeth would have been a one night stand if it didn’t take place on a boat was spot on.  And, having had a few one night stands, you know that going in...Elizabeth’s doe eyed “but I thought he was my true wuv” is ridiculous.

Edited by MartyQui
Misspelling
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, jrzy said:

Her makeup was way overdone,  she is a very pretty woman,  she didn't need to apply make up like she was a dancer in Vegas.  She did herself no favors every time she spoke either.  That girl is delusional.

Seriously clownish make-up to the point of being distracting. I'm not fond of her blonde hair either. Such a waste of space Elizabeth is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7