Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Door County Cherry

Fast Foodies

"Top Chef" winners Kristen Kish and Jeremy Ford, and "Iron Chef" winner Justin Sutherland compete to re-create and reimagine a celebrity guest's favorite fast food dish.

I love this show.  I want to try all the food, even the original fast food item.  :D  Their cheffy re-interpretations sound incredible.

It's funny though, I've watched all seasons of Top Chef and I didn't remember Jeremy at all. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

It's funny though, I've watched all seasons of Top Chef and I didn't remember Jeremy at all. 

I haven't watched all seasons.  I've watched many seasons but not all.  I don't think I saw the season Kristen won but I recognize her from her other appearances.  Jeremy? Who also won?  Don't remember ever seeing him on the show.

I really want to try that maple mornay sauce that made Bobby Lee cry last week.  What can you say about that?  

I don't want to try the fast food but I would love to try their interpretations of the fast food and then their remixing of the fast foods.  I don't know if I need a "punishment" at the end of each episode; although the terrible pizza combos did make me laugh. 

• Like 1

Jeremy was on the season 13 so maybe that’s why no one remembers him! It was the one that was set in various different places in California. It’s more notable contestants were Kwame Onwuachi who came back for the Colorado season, Isaac Toups, and Karen A (something long I do t remember) who was on the recent All Stars season. 

All the seasons are on Peacock and I would definitely recommend watching Kristen’s Seattle season.

I am really enjoying this show. If you can make me tolerate Bobby Lee for 30 minutes you are doing something right. 

I love Kristen so much, she is both a perfectionist but also low key. I even watched her travel show with the soccer player married to Susan Sarandon’s daughter! So I hope she continues to do tv projects.

I wasn't sure about this, as I almost never eat fast food, so I wouldn't have any connection to the things being made, but I love Kristen (don't remember Jeremy and only vaguely recognize Justin), so figured I'd give it a try.  About one minute in to the first episode, when she goes to head for the kitchen after explaining the concept, and says, "I'm stuck.  And I'm drunk," and someone else says "Great start," I figured I'd like it.

It was rather obnoxious, though - too much bro energy and humor.  It was like a frat house.  There's relaxed and then whatever the hell this was.  But I liked the remix round; they seemed to settle down a bit.  And then the disadvantage came along, and that was just stupid.  Seeing what they all did with hot dog flavors/elements in completely different dishes was interesting.  I would have liked to eat all of them.  And then came the consequence, and we were back to stupid.

I think I'll try the next episode tonight after I've had a few drinks; I may be more open to the gimmicky shit.  And at least the next episode will, presumably, not mostly consist of wiener jokes.

I went ahead and watched a couple more, and even without drinks I liked the next episodes better.  (Even though I'd happily eat those hot dogs in the first episode, but would say no thanks to an egg McMuffin or Domino's pizza.)

The remix round in the egg McMuffin episode made me wish I didn't hate egg yolks so much, because those dishes all looked and sounded so interesting, but I wouldn't be able to eat any of them.  I don't like Bobby Lee, but I loved how excited he was by the food.

Kristen blinding GaTa with science in the Hawaiian pizza episode was funny.  I wasn't familiar with him before this, but he's attractive.  Funny, too.  I can surely understand not wanting to make something that tastes like Domino's, but that's what the copycat round is about, so I was on Justin's side in that one and thus loved the "Are you sure you don't work for Domino's?" reaction.

Like the previous two, the remix round in the pizza episode was great - it is just so interesting what they do with the flavors.  It's that round that makes the show watchable despite the cheesy stuff.