Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: An Existential Crisis and a Bear That Makes Bubbles

Bort
  • Start Topic

Great inclusion of Billy – his “I’m beautiful!” was just priceless.

I thought the philosophy teacher did a good job – she was approachable, got Sheldon to challenge his assumptions and renewed his interest in learning. I’m pretty sure she was OK with him dropping her course, too.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:27 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Connie using the chicken to get Sheldon out of bed was hilarious.

But was there a chicken? Maybe it was just an illusion!

On 2/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, ChitChat said:

I understood his Dad's point about not quitting the team though.  My son played various sports all through school and it was frowned upon to quit on one's team mid-season.  They stuck together through the good and the bad.  George just wanted him to honor his commitment to the team.

Well, Georgie may be acting like a teenager (unsurprisingly!) but he does have a point about finding his niche in life.

On 2/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, tennisgurl said:

The philosophy teacher was right, I feel like its pretty common for students to fall down the existential deep end after taking their first philosophy class...or maybe it was just me. At first I thought that Sheldon would hate philosophy, because the whole point of philosophy is to ask questions that have no clear answer and Sheldon loves answers (especially when he knows them) but it makes sense that he might end up finding it interesting as well. Its the search for truth and all that. 

I tried taking Intro to Philosophy twice in college.  Dropped it both times because I found it pretty pointless and too navel-gazey for me.  Guess I'm more like Sheldon than I thought in that I want to deal in facts, even though my facts are in the Humanities and not the Sciences.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:14 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Billy:  "I'm beautiful!"  I gasped out loud at that.  Even Billy isn't one dimensional anymore. 

I thought that was fantastic.  Billy's rather backward, but a sweet kid at heart.