Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Felons No More

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Found it interesting that Kody asked Robyn if she had child care lined up for Thursday night when they were planning the road trip. Aren’t Robyn’s oldest 21 and 18? They can’t watch their younger siblings? If not why can’t Christine’s or Janelle’s kids watch them? Hell they had 15 year old Logan practically running the entire household prior to the first season.

also why won’t they just come out and tell the audience why the sister wives don’t get along? Kody says we are five people that really don’t want to be around each other. Why? They always reference the tired old excuse of sharing a kitchen. Come on so much has happened since then. What’s the real reason now? Tell us exactly why and who Christine is so jealous of? Talk about Meri Maddie conflict? These clowns never are honest about what the real problems are. What are the sister wives complaining to Kody about?

If they liked each other, they’d figure out the kitchen issue. Every year for 30+ years I’ve spent a long weekend with a groups of girlfriends. We rent a big house and we share kitchen duties. It didn’t take long to work out the kinks. The difference is, we all really want to be there. Of course, we’re not sharing a dick, so that helps a lot 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I should be embarrassed to admit how long it actually took me to watch the entire episode.

It's very disappointing to watch in real time.. i record it in case I fall asleep. Ill watch it Mon morning, , ff all the flashback clips. Fleeing UTAH, Meri and the firetruck, wedding pics x4, etc etc. Then the commercials. You'll have maybe 20 min of content, and lots of that is repeating some phrase from before a commercial break. 

Ok. Now I'm pissed.  

• Love 10
On 2/23/2021 at 4:30 PM, WhatsUpDummy said:

Can someone please tell the Brown's that you are not a felon unless you are convicted of a felony.  None of them have even been arrested let alone convicted of anything.  None of you are felons. Stop calling yourselves felons. 

The title should actually be: Never Were Felons, Just a Lie LIke Everything Else We Say

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

It's very disappointing to watch in real time.. i record it in case I fall asleep. Ill watch it Mon morning, , ff all the flashback clips. Fleeing UTAH, Meri and the firetruck, wedding pics x4, etc etc. Then the commercials. You'll have maybe 20 min of content, and lots of that is repeating some phrase from before a commercial break. 

Ok. Now I'm pissed.  

I counted only 14 minutes of unrepeated content in one of the shows last Spring.  I think that is fairly typical.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I counted only 14 minutes of unrepeated content in one of the shows last Spring.  I think that is fairly typical.

I imagine the editors of this show are just trolling us at this point... "ha let's show the browns hearing the sirens in Utah again..."

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Christine had to WATCH Kody and Robyn giggle and smootch and flirt with each other. No normal woman would ever get over that. Ever.

And then she had to watch it all over again on TV, knowing the world would see it, too. Plus, their honeymoon!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I left the tv on TLC after the two hour slog known as 90 Day Fiance (one of my favorite live chats; we’re hilarious!) and saw some of the Sister Wives episode. Kody makes me ill. How could he find four women who wanted to be with him? And I’m not even talking about sexually. He’s stupid, has no self-awareness whatsoever, is disrespectful and did I mention stupid? Yuck.

He is a total narcissist, and what narcissists do is, they shower their targets with attention until the target is under their spell, and fully invested in the relationship -- and then, they turn it off/turn it elsewhere. It's like they don't have to work anymore once they've got you. I know this from personal experience.

• Love 6

This show has become as interesting as watching Janelle on her spin bike... oh wait never-mind, that never ever happened.  Robyn is a true snake, saying in her tweet that all her life she had to hide, no bitch, you were married before and did not have other sisterwives, just a shitload of debt from Victoria's Secret. Maybe she studied reverse psychology saying she must have a rennal when in fact all along she wanted to buy the mansion that no other sisterwife had, securing her number 1 spot.  It used to be more interesting to me when the kids were younger seeing their dynamic and their disdain for Mariah the precious princess, or Meri and her list of must haves for her LV house, like a wetbar, the house facing north as not to blind poor princess in the morning and waken her from her coven.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This show has become as interesting as watching Janelle on her spin bike... oh wait never-mind, that never ever happened.  Robyn is a true snake, saying in her tweet that all her life she had to hide, no bitch, you were married before and did not have other sisterwives, just a shitload of debt from Victoria's Secret. Maybe she studied reverse psychology saying she must have a rennal when in fact all along she wanted to buy the mansion that no other sisterwife had, securing her number 1 spot.  It used to be more interesting to me when the kids were younger seeing their dynamic and their disdain for Mariah the precious princess, or Meri and her list of must haves for her LV house, like a wetbar, the house facing north as not to blind poor princess in the morning and waken her from her coven.

Sometimes I watch one of Christine's recorded FB lives where she does cooking demos, just to get a glimpse of her girls.

Off-topic, did you see that Danielle of Mahamid Frauded Me fame is back on one of the versions of "90 Day"?  Mohammed himself is also on! I thought of you when I saw that.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Like X 1,000.  Exactly right.

• Love 3

I don't know much about the Dargers, but I looked them up and read that one of their children passed away and they were investigated for being polygamists even though the death had nothing to do with abuse or negligence.  So, they actually experienced some form of harassment yet still live in Utah.  The article I read said that the investigation is why they were trying to get the law changed.  Anyway, if I were them, I would be pretty pissed at Kody's antics.  He was never in any danger.  And yes, as others have said, they are not felons.  Quit being drama queens. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

Would some one identify the identical twin "fellons" in the Darger household?  I thought at first the two dark haired women were the twins.  Val, I think was the late addition, and I think she was the one talking about the non-biols telling her they loved her.  The sisters are the same height, and it looks as though the cousin is taller.  I think the blonde is one of the twins, but I was not sure so I googled pictures of them which didn't help because in some pictures they all have dark hair and they are in various positions so judging height is tricky. And in others, the tall one is blonde.

I grew up with two girls who thought they were identical and they really looked alike but they had genetic testing and they turned out to be fraternal.  The only noticeable differences was one was slightly blonder than the other and one had slightly lighter skin, but unless they were next to each other, it was really hard to tell.  They always referred to themselves as identical, and the teachers definitely thought they were. Very strange.  Their facial features were very, very, very similar and they were both blue-eyed. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Would some one identify the identical twin "fellons" in the Darger household?  I thought at first the two dark haired women were the twins.  Val, I think was the late addition, and I think she was the one talking about the non-biols telling her they loved her.  The sisters are the same height, and it looks as though the cousin is taller.  I think the blonde is one of the twins, but I was not sure so I googled pictures of them which didn't help because in some pictures they all have dark hair and they are in various positions so judging height is tricky. And in others, the tall one is blonde.

I grew up with two girls who thought they were identical and they really looked alike but they had genetic testing and they turned out to be fraternal.  The only noticeable differences was one was slightly blonder than the other and one had slightly lighter skin, but unless they were next to each other, it was really hard to tell.  They always referred to themselves as identical, and the teachers definitely thought they were. Very strange.  Their facial features were very, very, very similar and they were both blue-eyed. 

The tall one with brown eyes is the cousin & legal wife.  The twins had blonde and very dark hair in the recent SW episode.  But in the past all three have dyed their hair various shades of brown, blonde and auburn.  The dark haired twin looked fitter and like she was wearing blue contact lenses to match her top, or it may have just been the bronzer that made them look bluer.  Her face also looked more refreshed with moisturizer. The twins' eye-shape does not look identical to me in any of the photos I've seen, but one may use botox or other enhancers.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

The tall one with brown eyes is the cousin & legal wife.  The twins had blonde and very dark hair in the recent SW episode.  But in the past all three have dyed their hair various shades of brown, blonde and auburn.  The dark haired twin looked fitter and like she was wearing blue contact lenses to match her top, or it may have just been the bronzer that made them look bluer.  Her face also looked more refreshed with moisturizer. The twins' eye-shape does not look identical to me in any of the photos I've seen, but one may use botox or other enhancers.

I was trying to go by facial features, and then I watched that segment again and paid attention to the clothes.  I think the one in purple is the cousin, and the sisters had on the pinkish sweater and the dark blue turtleneck.  The pink and blue women appeared the same height in the kitchen, and purple seemed taller, although I wasn't sure about the heel height of their boots.

I had tried to figure it out earlier when they were outside doing the talking heads.  The blonde seemed to be so much more wrinkled than the others that it really confused me.   I have no idea why I cared. 

The twin Vicky is the mom of the six year old, I guess?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Off-topic, did you see that Danielle of Mahamid Frauded Me fame is back on one of the versions of "90 Day"?  Mohammed himself is also on! I thought of you when I saw that.

Yes, I saw that, but I am really pissed at Discovery right now for launching their streaming service and shows being shown only on there. I pay a buttload for cable as it is, so that should be included for cable subscribers...i digress

I bet she comes off looking like her typical rocket scientist huh?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Yes, I saw that, but I am really pissed at Discovery right now for launching their streaming service and shows being shown only on there. I pay a buttload for cable as it is, so that should be included for cable subscribers...i digress

I'm with you.  Those add-on streaming services AND my oversize cable bill?  It's getting ridiculous.

This Sunday's SW should be called Robyn, the Shit-Stirrer.  Peacemaker, my ass.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:
On 2/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, Teafortwo said:

Yeah, I don't subscribe to the streaming service either. I'd only do it if I got rid of Hulu, which I use instead of cable. I didn't really pay attention to the 90 Day when it was on. I feel like there is way too much 90 Day, what with Pillow Talk and more and more stuff. If I had the Discovery pay TV thing I'd watch some of the HGTV stuff too, but I don't really care if I miss those as they are rerun so often.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Watching the Browns roll up to the Dargers in the ol’ Family Van was like watching Cousin Eddie and crew roll up to the Griswalds in their RV on Christmas. 

Robyn never reminded me of Spongebob Squarepants more than when she did her “wall dance.” Ever the stealth bitch, did anyone else take the fact that she was “building a wall” as a jab at Meri? I think Meri did, since she oinked out a rude “Nice dance!”-type comment for good measure to embarrass Robyn and make the moment even more awkward. 

I think the Dargers sat in their Beautiful Kitchen surrounded by their house full of fresh Wayfair decor and laughed raucously for hours after the Browns finally left. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

Also,  I read Discovery+ has something like 11 million subscribers. That’s a strong launch and indicates to me that it’s not going anywhere.

Like many here, I refuse to pay a dime more than I do for cable, but on its own, Discovery+ is a compelling value and I feel like I am closer to cutting the cord than ever. This is a big step, guys, as I’m a ‘90s kid who grew up watching cable TV and have witnessed all the evolutions of the format and networks. Funny how the independent cable channels now seem unnecessary (TLC vs. Discovery vs. Magnolia) as they consolidate into “steaming networks” like Discovery+ and Peacock. I predict further consolidation where we are left with two or three major steaming players (just like Comcast vs. DirectTV) and we will probably end up paying more than we did for cable in the first place, but at least we will have access to much more programming that we’d actually watch.

Anyway, sorry, this was more a pep talk for me, but I understand the need for Discovery+ in today’s world and at least it seems well-executed. Cable is becoming such a poor overall value that keeping it will soon be seen as being Backwoods like the Browns! 

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HelloOutThere said:

Also,  I read Discovery+ has something like 11 million subscribers. That’s a strong launch and indicates to me that it’s not going anywhere.

Like many here, I refuse to pay a dime more than I do for cable, but on its own, Discovery+ is a compelling value and I feel like I am closer to cutting the cord than ever. This is a big step, guys, as I’m a ‘90s kid who grew up watching cable TV and have witnessed all the evolutions of the format and networks. Funny how the independent cable channels now seem unnecessary (TLC vs. Discovery vs. Magnolia) as they consolidate into “steaming networks” like Discovery+ and Peacock. I predict further consolidation where we are left with two or three major steaming players (just like Comcast vs. DirectTV) and we will probably end up paying more than we did for cable in the first place, but at least we will have access to much more programming that we’d actually watch.

Anyway, sorry, this was more a pep talk for me, but I understand the need for Discovery+ in today’s world and at least it seems well-executed. Cable is becoming such a poor overall value that keeping it will soon be seen as being Backwoods like the Browns! 

Not directly related to this shit show, but last night I was watching a new episode of Fear Thy Neighbor on ID Discovery.  It's quite a popular series on that network.

On the bottom right of my TV screen was the disclaimer (paraphrased) "New Season of Fear Thy Neighbor Only on Discovery+."  Apparently they aired the season premiere episode on regular ID Discovery, but viewers will have to go to Discovery+ to watch subsequent episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of these networks shuttling a few of their more popular series over to their streaming service to draw in viewers.  I'm getting 6 months free through my Verizon Unlimited.  To be honest, I'll be paying the $6/month or whatever it is just for ID Discovery programming.  

Oh, I just remembered, as it relates to this shit show, Discovery+ has every episode ever available for viewing.  

I'm bored today.  Maybe I'll spend the day taking a walk down memory lane with these assclowns.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm with you.  Those add-on streaming services AND my oversize cable bill?  It's getting ridiculous.

Not only is there the cost, it's mind-boggling trying to figure out where to find anything anymore.  And how to watch them.  I don't need the aggravation.  I'm not searching fifteen different options for the few programs I watch routinely. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, HelloOutThere said:

Its not that I am against streaming service, I mean why pay for channels you don't watch. I would have to sell my kidney to get out of my current cable contract - I think its up next January otherwise I would have a huge termination fee. I currently have Dish and I am happy with them because I can get Netflix and Amazon on their apps and I do not have a smart tv. Maybe once my contract is up, I may look into just streaming. I have friends that do that, but once you start adding up all the services, its almost as high as a cable bill.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I currently have Dish and I am happy with them because I can get Netflix and Amazon on their apps and I do not have a smart tv.

Not having a Smart TV is really a pain, I hate watching things on my computer without stringing up a bunch of cables. I already pay $200 a month for basic cable because it includes my WiFi and phone so I am not going to pay any more for additonal services.  I watch a ton of PBS shows and I don't know of any other way to get those except with cable unless I sit in front of a laptop all of the time.  Frustrating.

• Love 5

Finally let the episode run last night.  What an absolute waste of the first 30 minutes.  They are below the dregs of the barrel if we have to get half an episode of loading a vehicle plus flat tire non-drama.  Even the Darger part wasn't interesting to me because it was long ago plus who cares about all the love the other family so much talk?

• Love 8
On 2/25/2021 at 11:30 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This show has become as interesting as watching Janelle on her spin bike...

Now, I  "truely"  dislike Janelle more than Christine and Meri.  Probably tied with Robyn and Kody, but I have to hand it to Janelle in this episode as she was able simultaneously to throw shade on both Robyn and Meri when she remarked about how her children felt free to rummage through Christine's refrigerator, but not Robyn's.  Janelle's kids probably didn't dare take anything from Meri's refrigerator in Lehi or Vegas, either.  Only Christine had an open refrigerator policy.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Now, I  "truely"  dislike Janelle more than Christine and Meri.  Probably tied with Robyn and Kody, but I have to hand it to Janelle in this episode as she was able simultaneously to throw shade on both Robyn and Meri when she remarked about how her children felt free to rummage through Christine's refrigerator, but not Robyn's.  Janelle's kids probably didn't dare take anything from Meri's refrigerator in Lehi or Vegas, either.  Only Christine had an open refrigerator policy.  

Christine's fridge was full of taxpayer's food + some kicked in by working members of the family who depended on Christine to home-school their brood that became used to eating lunch and snacks at her place. In a fambly where many struggle with overweight and obesity, open refrigerator policies exacerbate the problem. 

• Love 6

Anyone notice Robyn's comment about "having to share Kody with the other wives"? She certainly knows her position as Queen Bee, does she not?

Why does Joe Darger's beard sparkle? 

Of all the wives, Christine is the one who gives the fewest shits right now. She is done, done, done.  And her face reflects it. She looks like she's aged 20 years.

And the Dargers' kitchen was glorious... I was surprised at how modest the house looks from the outside. The entire first floor must be all kitchen.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

And the Dargers' kitchen was glorious... I was surprised at how modest the house looks from the outside. The entire first floor must be all kitchen.

They did have an awkward post coming out of the island, but it would have cost a lot more to put a long beam in instead to support the second floor.  Maybe the Sister Wives' original kitchen was tiny so everyone got in each others way.  Though I think the big problem was that Janelle tolerates dirty breakfast dishes on counters all day, Meri is a neatnik and Christine somewhere in between.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Though I think the big problem was that Janelle tolerates dirty breakfast dishes on counters all day, Meri is a neatnik and Christine somewhere in between.

If the way they have left other homes when moving out is any indication, they all are total slobs.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Why is this show still on?  Nothing but ugliness spewed out by Cody Brown during his talking head segments.  He's disgusting and so is TLC for keeping this show alive.

Edited by Swiss
  • Love 6
On 2/23/2021 at 12:25 AM, Jeanne222 said:

It must be the same make-up person that does the reunion show make-up!  Horrible!  I can't believe they go on screen like that!

That was so stupid for an overnight trip.  I wonder who Kody slept with at the motel????  Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Kody created those monsters when he bought all those huge Las Vegas homes.

Everybody looking at Meri 's gigantic  rental?  Really???   Robin's purchased mansion?  Who's in charge.  

Obviously Robin

• Love 7
On 2/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, Teafortwo said:

And then she had to watch it all over again on TV, knowing the world would see it, too. Plus, their honeymoon!

The most telling time was when Kody and Robin married for real and it was "just paperwork" they couldnt hold back the glee, it was so sickening to watch. Robin was gushing 

• Love 10

I rewatched this episode looking out for what someone on here mentioned.  At the Dargers, the men stand back with Kootie trying to charm Joe, all the ladies dive in to prepare lunch ... EXCEPT Robyn, who stands back doing absolutely nothing, but was first in line to load up her plate.  So she certainly acts like a Queen bee with no kitchen duties, just like the men.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I rewatched this episode looking out for what someone on here mentioned.  At the Dargers, the men stand back with Kootie trying to charm Joe, all the ladies dive in to prepare lunch ... EXCEPT Robyn, who stands back doing absolutely nothing, but was first in line to load up her plate.  So she certainly acts like a Queen bee with no kitchen duties, just like the men.

Quoting Kootie, "you're too pretty to cook."  He told Queen Bee that, when they got their Vegas house.  She bought it.  Vain and selfish, just like Meri & Kootie.  Delusional with a capital D.

• Love 8

I guess it’s somewhat comforting that I can pick back up with this show after having not seen it in a long time and the Browns are still making the exact same bad decisions (and I’m not talking about polygamy) and having the exact same awkward conversations.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don’t think anything would be solved by sending Kody to jail for bigamy. For his poodle hair, maybe…

I always think of the Browns and Dargers as kind of a polygamy Goofus and Gallant.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, ladle said:

I don’t think anything would be solved by sending Kody to jail for bigamy. For his poodle hair, maybe…

He's not legally a bigamist.  He has one legal wife and the rest are "spiritual".  He's just a jerk with one wife and three baby mamas.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

He's not legally a bigamist.  He has one legal wife and the rest are "spiritual".  He's just a jerk with one wife and three baby mamas.

I'm hazy on the law here but I think in some places he'd technically still be a bigamist because it could be argued he's common-law married to the other wives.  Definitely agree on the jerk factor though!  

1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Yes, but I think we can all agree that he should be jailed for the poodle hair no matter which state he's in. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, ladle said:

I'm hazy on the law here but I think in some places he'd technically still be a bigamist because it could be argued he's common-law married to the other wives.  Definitely agree on the jerk factor though!  

But maybe not...I think that in some places it requires co-habitation. Since Kody doesn’t live with 3 of the 4 wives, they may not even count as common law. 

• Love 4

Found this, and closed it too quickly to provide a link after copying:

Bigamy, by definition, is the crime of being legally married to more than one person at a time. You can have multiple partners you are “spiritually” married to, but as long as you only have one legal, state-issued wedding certificate, you’re fine.

Where this gets muddy is some fringe Fundamentalist Mormon churches practice multiple “spiritual” marriages, which is legal…but they then engage in fraud, for example by claiming welfare for multiple spouses, or naming multiple spouses as dependents.

The FLDS refers to this kind of marriage fraud as “bleeding the beast”[1]—that is, draining money away from what they see as an evil, beastly secular government.

There have been cases of fraud prosecutions of FLDS members who engage in welfare fraud and tax evasion that have rested on the fact that they consider multiple people their spouses. But it’s important to remember that they were not arrested or prosecuted for having multiple “spiritual marriages,” but instead for fraud.

• Useful 7