Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Felons No More

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Anyone else amused by the fact Kody got all fan girl with the Darger husband? It seems like whenever another man comes into the room, Kody has to be the happy fun guy in the room.

What’s interesting to me is that Kody has never been an example of the ideal polygamist or monogamous husband. He does not financially or emotionally support his wives or kids. Kody loved running around in circles talking about how cool it was to have four wives and eleventy kids. Now he is just a middle-aged grandfather with sad sack wives, kids who seem to barely tolerate him and a bad perm. 

Since Meri said Kody only talks to her when it is about business, I would bet the business is Kody asking for some of Meri’s LuLuRoe money to take care of Robin and her family. The only stream of money in this family seems to be from TLC and Meri and Christine’s MLMs and I highly doubt the MLM money is going into any joint family account. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

LMAO @Kid   Crotch Fruit - dead

I rilly don't get why they gave these grifters another season. They all hate each other, all they do is eat and Robyn just cries because she didn't get her rennal. Are they still sitting on plagueville land or did he sell it ?

Based on the fawning adoration from their fans on FB and Instagram, apparently there's enough people watching and actually loving this show, and not just for the first-class snark.  Go figure!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

What was Christine doing in Phoenix for "work", besides avoiding the meeting with Kody and her sister wives? She has always seemed the most averse to getting a job, and I always figured that was most of the reason why she didn't ditch Kody.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings are in:  1.482 M viewers and a .32 rating.  Fourth cable show of the day.

I guess that is decent, although I have no idea how it compares to last season.

I am convinced the squished ride to the Dargers was probably planning for plots for next season, although I guess they have to see how the ratings for this one go. 

I suspect after a lot of angst in the first part of this season, there will be a kumbaya moment for some reason, although I cannot imagine what it might be.  Janelle  and Kody will take a trip somewhere within 3 hours of Flagstaff for a "vow" renewal.  Meri and Christine will pair up against Janelle and Robyn.  Kody will have discussions with Joe Darger contractor about building on Prairie Dog Acres. Ysabel will have surgery and do cartwheels.  Robyn will pretend she cares about Maddie's children and will fake wanting to be there for Mykelti's birth pangs.   Mariah and Meri will make rice krispie treats.  Gwendolyn will take Kody with her to a salon, and he will emerge with blue hair.  There will be plans to move to Utah. Kody will bitch and moan.  Christine and Meri will organize the remaining girls for a Lularoe fashion show.  Janelle will have digestion issues. Kody will be in arrears on property taxes.  The IRS will audit everyone.  Meri will forget the past and cry.  Janelle will cry because Christine and Meri aren't on board the plans for a tent city of Browns in PD Acres.  Christine will cry because she hates that she is jealous.  Robyn will cry because she is Robyn.  Kody will demand a new mission statement which reads: All Browns will do whatev it takes to keep our show on teevee.

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Based on the fawning adoration from their fans on FB and Instagram, apparently there's enough people watching and actually loving this show, and not just for the first-class snark.  Go figure!

I actually like the show.  I watch it because I find it interesting....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, eyelash said:

I always hope the wives inform Kodoofus they've resolved their issues by agreeing he's the problem, and he needs to leave for good within 24 hours.

He can go pitch a tent next to the picnic tables at Coyote Pass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I actually like the show.  I watch it because I find it interesting....

Despite all their crap, there are some likeable things about these people. Mostly, I think most of their kids are really good people, despite the dysfunction they grew up with. And most of their kids are going to college or into the military and making something of themselves, unlike the Duggars. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Anyone else amused by the fact Kody got all fan girl with the Darger husband? It seems like whenever another man comes into the room, Kody has to be the happy fun guy in the room.

Kootie is starved for male attention.  He gets the same way when around Caleb.  Apparently there are no manly men in Flagstaff for him to talk to. Or they don't give him the time of day.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

The recap's a-comin' folks!

I just...need to maintain consciousness through the entire episode.

Please send ice cream. And vodka.

Hey, at least your recap gets a road trip!  For mine, they all stared at each other from across a lemon-covered table in the darkest corner of a restaurant.  I was more interested in the food they were picking at.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hey, at least your recap gets a road trip!  For mine, they all stared at each other from a lemon-covered table in the darkest corner of a restaurant.  I was more interested in the food they were picking at.

I felt for you when I was watching that first episode. What a slog.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Robyn will pretend she cares about Maddie's children and will fake wanting to be there for Mykelti's birth pangs.

The way things are going with the production/airing schedule, we won't be seeing Mykelti give birth until 2022.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

The more of us that do this (not watch but get the info here), the sooner this shit show gets cancelled and Meri, Christine and Janelle can start their new show “Life After Sister Wives!”  And Kootie and Sobbin can start looking for the perfect trailer to live in, with dual masters and enough bedrooms for each child and her parents.  I CANNOT WAIT!

I admit..I don't want it cancelled.  I love watching their nonsense and rolling my eyes at them.  

• Love 13
39 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Can someone please tell the Brown's that you are not a felon unless you are convicted of a felony.  None of them have even been arrested let alone convicted of anything.  None of you are felons. Stop calling yourselves felons. 

THANK YOU! That was driving me nuts.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

It actually bothers me the way Kody sparkles when there's another man nearby. His crispy ringlets seem to stand taller. Ish.

It bothers me too.  When he's around other men he acts like a needy teenager, desperate for laughs and attention.  It's so cringey and painful to watch.  He was sooo much more into Joe than Joe was into him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

I guess that is decent, although I have no idea how it compares to last season.

I am convinced the squished ride to the Dargers was probably planning for plots for next season, although I guess they have to see how the ratings for this one go. 

I suspect after a lot of angst in the first part of this season, there will be a kumbaya moment for some reason, although I cannot imagine what it might be.  Janelle  and Kody will take a trip somewhere within 3 hours of Flagstaff for a "vow" renewal.  Meri and Christine will pair up against Janelle and Robyn.  Kody will have discussions with Joe Darger contractor about building on Prairie Dog Acres. Ysabel will have surgery and do cartwheels.  Robyn will pretend she cares about Maddie's children and will fake wanting to be there for Mykelti's birth pangs.   Mariah and Meri will make rice krispie treats.  Gwendolyn will take Kody with her to a salon, and he will emerge with blue hair.  There will be plans to move to Utah. Kody will bitch and moan.  Christine and Meri will organize the remaining girls for a Lularoe fashion show.  Janelle will have digestion issues. Kody will be in arrears on property taxes.  The IRS will audit everyone.  Meri will forget the past and cry.  Janelle will cry because Christine and Meri aren't on board the plans for a tent city of Browns in PD Acres.  Christine will cry because she hates that she is jealous.  Robyn will cry because she is Robyn.  Kody will demand a new mission statement which reads: All Browns will do whatev it takes to keep our show on teevee.

Wow. Joe Darger is a contractor!! I didn't know that, but it explains the polygamy home  decorating episode on TLC a few years ago.

Wow.

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

Lol. Not gonna lie. I’m out. I watched the first episode but when I saw it was mostly a rehash (just like the eleventy billion episodes before it), I quit. I didn’t even watch last night’s show. Like many of the much wiser COLs of this board, I’m just going to read here for recaps. They are great!

I'm out, too.  I've watched this show from the beginning, and used to really like it, but it stopped being fun a few years ago.  Then, with the hype of moving to Flagstaff and building the Plyg!Mansion, I thought I'd get back into it this season.  Missed the first ep, and got about 5 minutes into this one before deleting the recording & the timer.  I can't even pretend to enjoy it anymore, especially the Asshat Kurly.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

The way things are going with the production/airing schedule, we won't be seeing Mykelti give birth until 2022.

Perfectly happy to wait... or to not see that at all.

And I think Kody is purposefully acting up the "I hate my wives" angle to sell drama. Don't get me wrong. Kody doesn't actually like his wives or anything - but he's being extra for the cameras for sure.

• Love 17

Honest question...how is polygamy different from bigamy? Cody is only legally married to one of the three women. They aren't all living together either. Would that stand up in court, and who would care anyway? So the discussion of having a polygamy charge tacked onto a traffic stop...don't cops have more pressing issues? So if there are three roommates who have all had sex at one time or another, is that considered polygamy? Seems nebulous.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Ucross said:

Honest question...how is polygamy different from bigamy? Cody is only legally married to one of the three women. They aren't all living together either. Would that stand up in court, and who would care anyway? So the discussion of having a polygamy charge tacked onto a traffic stop...don't cops have more pressing issues? So if there are three roommates who have all had sex at one time or another, is that considered polygamy? Seems nebulous.

I always took bigamy as having two spouses that you legally married (or attempted to I guess the second wouldn’t actually be legal.  Polygamy at least here would be having more than 2 spouses but there’s only one legal wife everybody else is a spiritual wife.  Also it seems like in bigamy the other spouse doesn’t know about the other while in polygamy it seems like everybody knows about each.  Although I’m basing all this on tv shows and Kody running around screaming at strangers that he has 4 wives and 18 children 🤷‍♀️ 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Polygamy is plural marriage based in religion and is practiced all over the world where it is legal. Spouses and offspring are legally and morally provided for in jurisdictions that allow the practice.

Bigamy is plural marriage based in fraud and is illegal because of the intent to deceive subsequent spouses who are ignorant of original spouses.

This cheats the subsequent spouses and offspring of inheritance and/or marital and parental benefits the state recognizes and awards to legal unions. Issues like custody, inheritance, ownership of assets and liability for debts do not have automatic standing in bigamous unions.

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Useful 7
  • Love 11

14 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

It actually bothers me the way Kody sparkles when there's another man nearby. His crispy ringlets seem to stand taller. Ish.

Interesting observation, and very correct.  It's like he both wants to puff out his chest and spread his peacock feathers, and he also wants to be asked to play tag after school with the neighbor kids.  It's weird.  HE'S weird.

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Interesting observation, and very correct.  It's like he both wants to puff out his chest and spread his peacock feathers, and he also wants to be asked to play tag after school with the neighbor kids.  It's weird.  HE'S weird.

On Point Laurakaye!  He actually verbalized this in one of his talking heads when he was attempting to justify his choices, he concluded his ramble with "come and be my friend".  He still may be that lonely kid, seeking approval and admiration.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

If Kody weren't such a dick, I might feel a  little sorry for him. Everyone needs some level of approval and validation--but you'd think he has/had enough of it from the wives (some of them at least).

Perhaps Kody didn't get enough male attention and approval from his father--perhaps that is why he chose polygamy--to please his dad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Not enough attention growing up could be the issue.  But then he goes and marries four women and sires 20 kids, all of whom do nothing BUT clamor for his attention and he acts like they're all nothing more than annoying little gnats that he wants to swat away.

Perhaps that's not the kind of attention he was looking for.

• Love 17

I suffered through the rest of the episode. It feels like the Dargers were a setup to revisit the one house drama. And if Robyn thinks moving into one house will make her feel less like a stepmother, she is very unrealistic. Other than Truely and her own two youngest kids, ALL the other kids are either already adults out of the house, or teenagers. None of them is going to bond with her as a mother at this point. She's always going to be Dad's 4th Wife. And at least some of the kids see her aligned with Meri, who none of them can stand, or as an instigator of drama, because of all the crap that happened after she joined the family. They feel bonded to Christine because she was always there and cared for them as babies while Janelle worked. 

Also, Robyn telling Kody to hold Meri's hand in the preview?? Robyn just likes to stir the shit and then stand back and watch.

• Love 21
34 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Found it interesting that Kody asked Robyn if she had child care lined up for Thursday night when they were planning the road trip. Aren’t Robyn’s oldest 21 and 18? They can’t watch their younger siblings? If not why can’t Christine’s or Janelle’s kids watch them? Hell they had 15 year old Logan practically running the entire household prior to the first season.

I forgot about that - but these are Robyn's girls, I'm quite certain they'd get the vapors if asked to take on any responsibility for their younger siblings.

21 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Also, Robyn telling Kody to hold Meri's hand in the preview?? Robyn just likes to stir the shit and then stand back and watch.

1,000,000%.  And if Kody didn't make the appropriate face of disgust upon taking Meri's hand, Robyn will surely let him know about that as well.

The Surviving Sister Wives podcast has been one of my happy places during the last 12,000 months (at least that's what it fills like).  They made a good observation about the road trip to see the Dargers - Kody insisted on one van crammed full of unhappy women and 14 pairs of Kody's shoes only to serve Kody's ego, because how would it look to Big Joe if Kody rolled up to their house followed by a caravan of his wives who refused to get into a vehicle with him or each other?  So he forces everyone into the clown car for the world's most miserable road trip, even though there's a very good chance that Joe & Co. have watched a couple eps of Sister Wives and already know how much these people loathe each other.  Nice try, Kurly, thanks for playing!

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

Not able to watch, just happily feeding of here, but here are some of my thoughts based on stuff posted above re their financial situation:

We are currently doing a rerun of season .... (baby Solomon is approx 1 and they want to establish My Sister Wives Closet) And I cannot help but notice and wonder about the following things:

• By this time (2012ish?) they had built their houses, but no solid jobs and they still had the Lehi house (Meri went to visit it and she was discussing renovation works) Where did the money come from to build 4 $440,000 houses (according to the internet)?
  • They were trying to pitch the SWC jewellery thingy, the dragons were not particularly impressed. Just checked their web page but the page says "were updating the store for you". It's been like this forever. I doubt it still exists. It seems to follow the gym-disaster? Remember they once considered starting their own gym?
  • Now they're in AZ. Their houses have sold, according to the internet, for prices ranging from 535-574 and 575 and 618 (Christine vs Meri/Janelle vs Robyn) meaning they did not have even 500,000 cash if I do my math quickly when they moved to AZ. I now have to think about that interview when Robyn said "you convinced me with all the equity we had in those houses." Yeah right, I think Kody used different numbers.
  • And now they have all that money+mortgages  in CP and Robyn and Christine's houses... how do they do that? Which money lender is that stupid?
  • I have not yet addressed the personal bankruptcies some of them have faced in the past. But financially, they do not seem...that bright... 

I am not from the US but I can tell here in Holland you're absolutely screwed with a record like that. You are listed (almost equals black-listed) when you get into debt. I highly doubt anyone with a record like this would even qualify for a $5-a-month phone plan here...

PS their own website seems to be dormant too. That, or they have forgotten to grow poor Ari to that hideous tree!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

also why won’t they just come out and tell the audience why the sister wives don’t get along? Kody says we are five people that really don’t want to be around each other. Why? They always reference the tired old excuse of sharing a kitchen. Come on so much has happened since then. What’s the real reason now? Tell us exactly why and who Christine is so jealous of? 

I'd like just one real screaming match between Christine and Kody, where she points out that he clearly favors Robyn.  THAT is the only jealousy I can see Christine having.  Doesn't seem like she has a problem with jealousy towards Meri or Janelle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Found it interesting that Kody asked Robyn if she had child care lined up for Thursday night when they were planning the road trip.

Ugh.

I didn't watch this ep, but this line really resonated with me.  (And I can't believe I'm somewhat coming to Robyn's defense, here!)  So the wives are expected to line up their own childcare, manage their household moves, resolve all fights between children, procure financing for their own houses.  WTF does Kody actually do all day every day?  And what does he actually take responsibility for?  He clearly wants to be treated like the Head Honcho but in actuality contributes jack sh*t.  It's so gross.  Fly like the wind, ladies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

"not that there's anything wrong with that"   LOL

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

WTF does Kody actually do all day every day?

He's home waiting to hear from god (or more likely TLC) what the next move should be.  If TLC says "new wife", I'm sure we'll be hearing about a message from god telling him to take another wife. Apparently god was too busy to send them the rennal so who knows when word will arrive.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Found it interesting that Kody asked Robyn if she had child care lined up for Thursday night when they were planning the road trip. Aren’t Robyn’s oldest 21 and 18? They can’t watch their younger siblings? If not why can’t Christine’s or Janelle’s kids watch them? Hell they had 15 year old Logan practically running the entire household prior to the first season.

also why won’t they just come out and tell the audience why the sister wives don’t get along? Kody says we are five people that really don’t want to be around each other. Why? They always reference the tired old excuse of sharing a kitchen. Come on so much has happened since then. What’s the real reason now? Tell us exactly why and who Christine is so jealous of? Talk about Meri Maddie conflict? These clowns never are honest about what the real problems are. What are the sister wives complaining to Kody about?

IKR??  Why manufacture drama when there is plenty of real drama!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Robyn was brought in to the family as Kody's newest girlfriend while Christine was pregnant. In my humble opinion, this is no different than having your husband cheat on you while you're pregnant. It's actually worse, because instead of Kody sneaking around behind her back, Christine had to WATCH Kody and Robyn giggle and smootch and flirt with each other. No normal woman would ever get over that. Ever. And if Robyn wasn't so selfish, she would have realized that and stepped back from the relationship. But Robyn loves to play dumb, then cry later and force everyone to reassure HER. 

I hate these people, but I can't stop watching. It's like getting to the end of a bad book. You're annoyed, but you need to see how it ends.

I'm watching the first season (I never watched the actual show, just followed it here, and the snark made me curious to have it on in the background). I cringed when Kody said "I'm not gonna kiss my girlfriend while my pregnant wife is in labor." Then immediately walked over to Robyn and kissed her. He was bad even back then.

And it's clear from S1 that the wives don't want Robyn to join them, Christine especially. She is UPSET about a lot of details. She didn't get a kiss before the wedding, or the nice wedding with the flattering dress, or the nice honeymoon, and everyone brags about how they dump their kids on her and she'll just...handle it all. I'm sure as I work my way through the seasons, it'll become clear, but is she an otherwise terrible person? Because right now I feel really bad for her!

• Love 21
2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

WTF does Kody actually do all day every day?  

I would say he spends all day preparing to bring the D, but I suspect there's not much of that happening except with maybe The Chin. Maybe he's out looking for BabyMama #5 - the Grand Canyon is nearby, and there are lots of people to choose from there. Or maybe he spends his time gazing at Humphrey's Peak or visualizing Prairie Dog Poop Pond as a sandy beach. Or sneaking into his secret room papered with pictures of Caleb and that Darger fella to gaze longingly upon their countenances. Or watching YouTube curly hair tutorials on his phone. Lots to do for the Kodouche. Lots. To. Do. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

This show is like empty nesting on steroids. When you are younger and get married, it's all about raising the kids. With the Cootie clan, there was a never ending stream on babies. Now that the babymakers are shut down and the majority of the kids are gone, they are now faced with having to figure out of they all actually have a relationship with each other, sans kids 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I left the tv on TLC after the two hour slog known as 90 Day Fiance (one of my favorite live chats; we’re hilarious!) and saw some of the Sister Wives episode. Kody makes me ill. How could he find four women who wanted to be with him? And I’m not even talking about sexually. He’s stupid, has no self-awareness whatsoever, is disrespectful and did I mention stupid? Yuck.

• Love 15

So much to unpack. So what I rilly wanted to see was where everyone spent the night before visiting the Dargers. Did they stay in a motel,  AirBandB, Lizzie's Heritage Inn? Who slept where? Separate rooms for each? A big suite? Who gets Kodster for the night? Come on TLC, film the good stuff. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4