Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Felons No More

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

The Browns visit their polygamist friends to discuss the sudden and exciting possibility that polygamy will be decriminalized in Utah. The car trip to get there is a mess, but once there, the excitement is palpable.

Air Date: February 21, 2021

• Useful 1

The most entertaining part of that episode was trying to figure out what was up with Janelle's upper lip in her TH. At first it looked like she had had stitches and a scar, then it looked like she had lip liner on just half of her upper lip that bled. 

I found it amusing that the Browns and the family that they visited talked about how they are not going away. Joe did not say if any of his grown kids are following polygamy, but we know that none of Kody's are. I have to give kudos to Robyn - possibly a first - for actually saying the reason the laws against polygamy exist in the first place, and that there really are women and children who need to be protected. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 18

I haven’t watched this show in years... but they all really do seem to hate each other don’t they? I remember watching some really early seasons when they all lived in the same house and they talked about how nice it was and they’re one big happy family, the kids are like any other siblings, etc. Now they can’t even stand to be in the same car with each other. It’s sort of uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 20

Usually I watch this on the small TV in the bedroom but just watched on the big TV.  Holy cow...the make up!!!  Whoever does the wives' make up should be fired.  They look ghastly.  I think it is a make up person because Janelle's lip cancer is concealed during the talking head.  And Meri's left eyebrow should not go so far toward midline!!!   P.S.  Please Robyn, stop crying at every little thing.  It doesn't make you look more empathetic, it makes you look manipulative.  

• Love 24

"Felons No More"?  When were they ever?  Or are they admitting that they have been (and probably still are) fleecing the system which is a felony?  (I never watch this mess, these people make me physically ill.  So I turn to those with strong stomachs to let enquiring minds know.)

• Love 12
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The most entertaining part of that episode was trying to figure out what was up with Janelle's upper lip in her TH. At first it looked like she had had stitches and a scar, then it looked like she had lip liner on just half of her upper lip that bled. 

In last weeks episode she had a nasty looking mole on her upper lip.  I think it looks like she had it removed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

Kody worrying if they had a big enough engine to pull Janelle up the mountain.

And for what it’s worth, elevation at Flagstaff is around 6900 ft. and St.George is 2700 ft. The trip to Utah is actually downhill!  (I’d usually give credit for thinking ahead to the return trip home being uphill, but this is Kody so...)

Also, when I’ve had a tire that is actively leaking to the point I can hear it, I have always been taught to not drive on it otherwise you risk ruining the tire and the rim. Dimwit Kody doesn’t stop, unload, and put the spare on in one of the TWO driveways he stopped at?!  Hmm, they said the tire was beyond repair...wonder which wife Kody will blame.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Some tweets from last night. Once again, Christine did not participate.

53EC8C92-6373-4F05-9BEF-0B99A67D90FD.jpeg

81C338B8-0322-4B28-B2B9-3A9BBE192689.jpeg

B27DF971-862A-4BDB-8328-7F1E0A95A69E.jpeg

A8A5FA56-D1D0-4DC5-BBD7-2D4063175A17.jpeg

Lol!  Kody didn’t exactly disagree with the Jackwagon  - “Well, the wives like her too.”  Also, there are so many contradictions from their own mouths, from their own actions, and from what we can plainly see as viewers that this show hAs to be a joke.  They’re just making us mad enough to return every week. 😜 

7 minutes ago, Cancun said:

And for what it’s worth, elevation at Flagstaff is around 6900 ft. and St.George is 2700 ft. The trip to Utah is actually downhill!  (I’d usually give credit for thinking ahead to the return trip home being uphill, but this is Kody so...)

Also, when I’ve had a tire that is actively leaking to the point I can hear it, I have always been taught to not drive on it otherwise you risk ruining the tire and the rim. Dimwit Kody doesn’t stop, unload, and put the spare on in one of the TWO driveways he stopped at?!  Hmm, they said the tire was beyond repair...wonder which wife Kody will blame.

Your insight on this!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

Usually I watch this on the small TV in the bedroom but just watched on the big TV.  Holy cow...the make up!!!  Whoever does the wives' make up should be fired.  They look ghastly.  I think it is a make up person because Janelle's lip cancer is concealed during the talking head.  And Meri's left eyebrow should not go so far toward midline!!!   P.S.  Please Robyn, stop crying at every little thing.  It doesn't make you look more empathetic, it makes you look manipulative.  

It must be the same make-up person that does the reunion show make-up!  Horrible!  I can't believe they go on screen like that!

41 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Kody packed a weeks worth of clothing for a weekend?  Including a sports jacket.  JACKWAGON.

That was so stupid for an overnight trip.  I wonder who Kody slept with at the motel????  Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Kody created those monsters when he bought all those huge Las Vegas homes.

Everybody looking at Meri 's gigantic  rental?  Really???   Robin's purchased mansion?  Who's in charge.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Whoa - the morning after and not even a dozen posts.  I think this shows our state of mind where this show is concerned.

Kody calling someone a JACKWAGON?  LOLZ.  Hits a bit too close to home there, slugger?  If you disagree with a comment, there's always the option to ignore it.  To call it out and then call the poster a name only brings more attention to the truth of the comment.  Nice try, though.

Janelle had a talking head where she mentioned that Joe Darger is married to sisters.  Janelle - who did not grow up in the faith - talked about how it's not unusual for sisters to marry the same man, and that if she had a sister who wanted to marry Kody she'd be all Rah! Rah! for that particular pairing....of course, the giant pink elephant in the room is the fact that she actually came close to doing that herself by marrying Kody.  Now I am no body language expert but during this interview, Janelle awkwardly reached around to scratch her shoulder.  I've watched enough bad reality tv to know that this is usually an indicator of lying or of being duplicitous.  Idk, it stood out to me in what was otherwise a supremely boring episode.

And we have Kody doing what Kody does best...forcing his women into uncomfortable situations so he can complain about what bitches they are.

Perfect takes as always.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

It must be the same make-up person that does the reunion show make-up!  Horrible!  I can't believe they go on screen like that!

They do their own.  Christine posted a video of her doing make up for the show.

24 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

In last weeks episode she had a nasty looking mole on her upper lip.  I think it looks like she had it removed.

Which shows you how long ago this stuff was filmed.  She had that removed eons ago and posted about it.  Nothing like year old news disguised as a "new season".

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Cancun said:

Perhaps Christine's fancy Infiniti has run flat tires, many luxury cars do.  They are actually designed for you to drive on them when they are flat.  Pain in the ass part of run flats is that they often can't be patched so you have to buy a new replacement, not repair.  And they are super expensive to replace!

• Useful 13
  • Love 1

I wonder how the Show money is paid out??  One check to the family that Kody controls or each wife receiving her own piece of the pie???

If you step back and think about it they could be living a nice life with secure futures if ALL THAT SHOW MONEY was invested and they were living THEIR FAITH in one home like their friends!

I think Kody loves showboating to his polg friends!  Look at me, look at us!

It like a house of cards!!!

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

That was so stupid for an overnight trip.  I wonder who Kody slept with at the motel????  Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Kody created those monsters when he bought all those huge Las Vegas homes.

Overnight trip?!   I looked it up; it is 500 miles each way, which is about 8 hours driving time according to google maps.  4 women who are peri-menopausal or menopausal will need frequent potty breaks so it probably took closer to 9 and a half hours.  That's a lot of time to spend in a car with people you don't rilly like all that much.  I am exhausted from just thinking about that trip.  I don't blame Janelle for hiding in back with her laptop. 

When I was in my early 20's we drove the 650 miles from NOLA to Tulsa without stopping to attend a wedding. We spent 2 nights and one day in Tulsa before driving straight back home.  It wiped me out.

I do think building such large houses was a major mistake.  I guess they thought they needed to be in a cul-de-sac for filming;  it seems like it made it easier to film, but it wasn't necessary.  They didn't claim that they were forever homes and that they needed that much space for when the hundreds of grandkids would visit.  Christine seems to be the only one in Flagstaff with a house that is somewhat similar to what they had before. I guess Meri is doing great with her MLMs, but she is renting and spending a lot for it. Janelle is the only one to downsize.   And Robyn's house is ridiculous for someone who soon should have just two kids at home.  Not sure, however, that she is going to push any little birdies from the nest anytime soon

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Overnight trip?!   I looked it up; it is 500 miles each way, which is about 8 hours driving time according to google maps.  4 women who are peri-menopausal or menopausal will need frequent potty breaks so it probably took closer to 9 and a half hours.  That's a lot of time to spend in a car with people you don't rilly like all that much.  I am exhausted from just thinking about that trip.  I don't blame Janelle for hiding in back with her laptop. 

It would have made more sense to rotate drivers when stopping for potty breaks, that way, Robyn could have rode "shotgun" for Christine or Meri when it was their turn at the wheel.  Kody did say that he was under pressure to return home as he had 'Business' to attend to and I found it interesting that with a 16 hour round trip plus at least 3 hour filming time, there must have been an overnight stop at a motel along the way but there was no mention made of that or the room assignments and sleeping arrangements.  Even if Kody had borrowed Robyn's She-Ra cape and drove both ways straight through, the camera crew would not have been expected or even allowed to do so.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Kody's little meltdown's are becoming fun.😁 He sure has lost that loving feeling and become nasty. His behavior during the packing scene seemed like he is afflicted with ADD, I wanted to pop a horse tranquilizer in his arm. His comments and the look on his face in the talking heads tell us everything we need to know about the realities of his "love needs to be multiplied not divided" dogma.

Curious: what "work" is Christine doing in Phoenix and Janelle in the back of the familllllly van and Kody in general.

Meri and her resort rental: what a waste of money; she will be needing that dough in the future after the divorce from TLC. Who cleans that place? Utilities: high ceilings = large heating bills. 

Sounded to me like Kody is in the preliminary stage of planning his "next" million dollar move. What was all that moving talk about?

Liking: Christine pushing back on Kody's nonsense and his frustration with it.

OMG on the luggage for an overnight trip. 

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Curious: what "work" is Christine doing in Phoenix and Janelle in the back of the familllllly van and Kody in general.

Christine seems to go down to Phoenix to do LuLaRoe takeovers - where she goes to a LLR consultant's house and does live sales on Facebook and sells their extra unsold inventory.  I assume she gets some split of the profits?  

I saw someone claiming on the Sister Wives facebook page that Kody has a couple private businesses he partners in.  One commenter said it was an investment firm he was running and that he made $400,000 a year doing that.  Given that it's just rumors on facebook and there is no way to know if that is true or not.  

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

The kitchen should be nice, Joe is a general contractor.

He actually has a job? Unlike Kody. 

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

The funniest thing about the Darger house was when they showed an exterior shot of their home - decent sized, but certainly not ostentatious or anything...followed by an artist's rendering of Kody's Plyg Dream House, which appeared to be approximately 14 times bigger than the Dargers' house.  I think I snort-laughed.

Well, the Darger's don't have TLC money to fall back on. I'm sure they all don't drive luxury SUV's either. Except poor Robyn with the mini-van. Even she said that type of vehicle is beneath Kody. Who the hell does he think he is? It's his champagne taste that has driven their finances in to the shitter. 

If I had to sit in a vehicle for 8 hrs with 4 other adults that I don't particularly like I think I would rather have a bullet through the head and call it a day. 

Yes,, Kody, it is you who has not "managed" your family properly. You failed. At least he recognized it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
14 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I saw someone claiming on the Sister Wives facebook page that Kody has a couple private businesses he partners in.  One commenter said it was an investment firm he was running and that he made $400,000 a year doing that.  Given that it's just rumors on facebook and there is no way to know if that is true or not.  

Yeah, not believing that one. I think if he was making that kind of money combined with TLC money they would have 4 new homes on Coyote Pass by now. He also wouldn't have told Meri they didn't have the money to help her with a down payment on the B&B.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Except poor Robyn with the mini-van. Even she said that type of vehicle is beneath Kody.

She was talking about her unmanly mini-van like it was a 1980s Dodge Caravan, but it looked like a Honda Element or something similar - an oversized SUV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

He also wouldn't have told Meri they didn't have the money to help her with a down payment on the B&B.  

When she asked the fambly for money to buy the B&B, Kootie called his partner in one of his businesses they were winding down and was told it would net $0.  I suspect most of his "businesses" are shady like that.  Borrow & spend money & get tax write offs until there is nothing left.

• Love 12

The Dargers do seem to have it together.  Their kitchen was nice.  The show was fairly boring so I will comment on things that are superficial.  

The food at the Dargers looked healthier than things I see coming from a Brown kitchen.  The kitchen is lovely.  I was left with the thought I need to scan the footage from 1/6.  I have a hunch Joe would hang with that crowd.

For all that is sacred, can someone PLEASE send a brow training video to the Brown clan AND the Darger clan?  Super distracting.  We have Meri with brown rainbow shaped things over her eyes, Robyn with pollywogs over her eyes, older Darger with dark slashes over her eyes.  Blonde Darger looked the best.  The blonde's sister needs to choose a less harsh hair color.  Aging.

The road trip seemed like total hell.  It would have been fine had they left Kurly at home.  God he is an asshole.  His contempt for his wives is palpable and I do not know how they stand it.  And if they haven't learned in almost 30 years he should not be in charge of logistics I don't know what to tell them.  They need to be stronger with him and not let him plan things that are not in his wheelhouse.  I am thinking Meri needs that job.  He is a surly brat.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Perhaps Christine's fancy Infiniti has run flat tires, many luxury cars do.  They are actually designed for you to drive on them when they are flat.  Pain in the ass part of run flats is that they often can't be patched so you have to buy a new replacement, not repair.  And they are super expensive to replace!

The flat was on the Nissan Armada. 

48 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She was talking about her unmanly mini-van like it was a 1980s Dodge Caravan, but it looked like a Honda Element or something similar - an oversized SUV.

At one point in the driveway I thought I heard someone mumble something about taking the Odyssey, so maybe a Honda Odyssey minivan.

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

Kody worrying if they had a big enough engine to pull Janelle up the mountain.

I cannot stop laughing!

11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Didn’t she have a cancerous mole removed about 6 months or so ago

• Love 4

Do the opening credits still have their nonsense about how their lifestyle makes them better or whatever,  and love should be multiplied not divided ? I fill like it is now just music and pictures of them then and now. Robchins is quite startling, imo.

• LOL 3

Personally, I think it would be revolting to share a husband with my sister or a friend.  The fact that Janelle thinks this is okay says a lot about her.  Hence why she had no problem "marrying" her sister in-law's husband.  And she wonders why Meri can’t stand her.  She should have casted her net farther down the road.

Poor Robyn! She feels like a stepmom.  Someone should probably remind her that by the time she came along, the family was already established and most of the kids were teenagers. 

So, if Meri has cut her string to Kody, then I can’t help but wonder why she is still around. 

• Love 14

Why did Meri draw one eyebrow longer than the other?  That's all I could see. 

The Dargers with dark hair looked older than the blonde highlighted one, for sure.  Joe looks better beardless.  Kootie needs to shave that noodle hair off, it looks ridiculous.  He acts more like a toddler every season.

57 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The Dargers do seem to have it together.  Their kitchen was nice.  The show was fairly boring so I will comment on things that are superficial.  

The food at the Dargers looked healthier than things I see coming from a Brown kitchen.  The kitchen is lovely.  I was left with the thought I need to scan the footage from 1/6.  I have a hunch Joe would hang with that crowd.

For all that is sacred, can someone PLEASE send a brow training video to the Brown clan AND the Darger clan?  Super distracting.  We have Meri with brown rainbow shaped things over her eyes, Robyn with pollywogs over her eyes, older Darger with dark slashes over her eyes.  Blonde Darger looked the best.  The blonde's sister needs to choose a less harsh hair color.  Aging.

The road trip seemed like total hell.  It would have been fine had they left Kurly at home.  God he is an asshole.  His contempt for his wives is palpable and I do not know how they stand it.  And if they haven't learned in almost 30 years he should not be in charge of logistics I don't know what to tell them.  They need to be stronger with him and not let him plan things that are not in his wheelhouse.  I am thinking Meri needs that job.  He is a surly brat.  

Yes to all that.  What is the footage from 1/6?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why did Meri draw one eyebrow longer than the other?  That's all I could see. 

The Dargers with dark hair looked older than the blonde highlighted one, for sure.  Joe looks better beardless.  Kootie needs to shave that noodle hair off, it looks ridiculous.  He acts more like a toddler every season.

Yes to all that.  What is the footage from 1/6?

That is one of the mysteries for which there are no answers!  Ha!  

Recordings of what transpired in DC on 1/6.  He does look better beardless.  That Shirley Temple perm is bad.  Put a sailor suit on him and have him perform On the Good Ship Lollypop!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I cannot stop laughing!

Didn’t she have a cancerous mole removed about 6 months or so ago

She had a basal cell carcinoma removed in late April last year. So these shows were filmed about a year ago pre basal cell removed and pre pandemic I guess. The thing that gets me is that she let that skin cancer get bigger and bigger without having it checked out. She is fortunate is wasn't melanoma. Even if I were not worried about it being skin cancer I would have wanted it removed for appearances sake.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle had a talking head where she mentioned that Joe Darger is married to sisters.  Janelle - who did not grow up in the faith - talked about how it's not unusual for sisters to marry the same man, and that if she had a sister who wanted to marry Kody she'd be all Rah! Rah! for that particular pairing....of course, the giant pink elephant in the room is the fact that she actually came close to doing that herself by marrying Kody. 

This just makes me think of the commandment about not coveting your neighbor's wife or in Janelle's case coveting your SIL"s husband.  Do these people not read the Bible???

Also I would think divorce would be frowned upon in the AUB or UAb or whatever the initials are.  Here we have Kody married to two divorced women and Joe is married to a divorced woman. 

• Love 17