Type keyword(s) to search

Impractical Jokers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I thought the crotch chop was a reference to when Joe had to forcefully acknowledge his crotch in one of the rounds? He exaggeratedly went to people and did that to himself. 

I don't think so because she's done it on The Misery Index also.  I thought she did a good job on the supermarket challenge.

This week's punishment was a bit much, with Murr getting the catheter, having to ride a zipline with it in, and then getting the prostate exam on top of it.  Didn't seem fair.

I'm still wondering when this stuff was filmed, because there's no sign of masks anywhere.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

My research confirms for me that Jameel does her crotch thing because of Joe. Which is irritating to me (that she does it).

What information did you find that indicates Jameel does that because of Joe?   The crotch chop thing long predates Joe doing it.  In fact, when he did it I assume it was a reference to WWE wrestling group DX, who used to do it and yell "suck it", just like Joe did.  This was back in the '90s, but I'm pretty sure the crotch chop even predates DX.  

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I am going to re-watch the episode when it repeats Thursday and see if she is doing a crotch chop or a "present your crotch in a grand fashion" because I think they are two different things. I don't think Joe invented the crotch chop. I do think Jameela is doing whichever one it is she is doing in reaction to whichever one Joe did, not as a thing that she just does

That's an interesting point.  I do think Jameela does more of a "present your crotch in a grand fashion" gesture, while Joe was definitely doing a crotch chop (especially since he accompanied it with the "suck it" line).  I'd say either one is a variation of the other.  Now if she had done it in the same episode that Joe did it, I might be more inclined to believe it was a reference to Joe, but the Captain Fatbelly thing was years ago.  I guess she could have seen it and liked it, but as I said she's also done it several times on The Misery Index, so I tend to think it's just something she likes to do.

This may be terribly sexist of me, but I don't find the gesture to be very ladylike lol.  But it's vulgar when men do it too.

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I was referring to the above for Joe's present your crotch in a grand fashion episode, not his Captain Fat Belly crotch chop/suck it episode.

Okay, I see what you're saying now.  I had forgotten about that scene.

It's kind of sad that it took a crotch discussion to get a little activity on this forum.

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I was referring to the above for Joe's present your crotch in a grand fashion episode, not his Captain Fat Belly crotch chop/suck it episode. 

I have a follow up to this.  I watched the Misery Index last night, and in the little intro TBS played immediately before the show, they showed Jameel doing her crotch thing.  I would interpret it as she did two crotch chops, and then presented her crotch in a grand fashion.  I don't know if that's what she did on Impractical Jokers, or if that's what she does every time, but that's what she did in that clip.  If I could find a video of it, I'd post it, because it's terribly important you know.

I'd seen a few episodes of this show here and there but about two weeks ago, I had TruTV on and they were just playing this non-stop so I watched this non stop.  I still feel like this is a guilty pleasure sometimes because I'm weirded out by the poor folks who don't know this is a joke show but it made me a laugh...a lot.  And that's pretty rare these days.

So here I am.  The first two episodes this season felt strange compared to the normal episodes but strangely tonight, which actually showed some pandemic presence was funnier. 

I hope they come back with Dinner Party because I LOVED that.

I'm still wondering when this stuff was filmed, because there's no sign of masks anywhere.

I know very little about how this show is filmed but I do have suspicions.  I know that they were mid filming Season 9 when the show was put on pause because of the pandemic. 

Tonight was the first evidence of the pandemic.  The people who came into the receptionist challenge all seemed to be carrying masks in their hands.  It makes me wonder how they got them to take off their masks. 

And the final punishment seemed to have been filmed during more of  a lockdown since Q was alone. 

Does anyone know if they film challenges for a specific episode or if they film a bunch of challenges and then package them together based on who is being "punished" for the night? 

On 2/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, rmontro said:

This week's punishment was a bit much, with Murr getting the catheter, having to ride a zipline with it in, and then getting the prostate exam on top of it.  Didn't seem fair.

I know they joke they hate Murr but then punishments like this make me believe, lol.  Or like the one where they had him take a lie detector test in front of his old school and his ex.  Man, that's cruel.

32 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I still feel like this is a guilty pleasure sometimes because I'm weirded out by the poor folks who don't know this is a joke show but it made me a laugh...a lot.  And that's pretty rare these days.

I don't know if I just had the giggles or if the show was really good, but this latest episode had me laughing throughout.  The punishment with Q and the singing puppets was so bizarre, and somewhat maddening, and also kind of cute.  I did notice the masks in the receptionist challenge.

32 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I know they joke they hate Murr but then punishments like this make me believe, lol.  Or like the one where they had him take a lie detector test in front of his old school and his ex.  Man, that's cruel.

I've always thought they give Murr the worst punishments.  I don't know if it's because they dislike him on some level, or if he's the only one who could take it.  Joe seems pretty fearless, but he's not as physically capable, so I'm not sure.  Watching Dinner Party, you could kind of see some of Murr's pretentious behaviors, so maybe that's why they bag on him.

If you’re on Facebook might I suggest joining The Tenderloins Group. A fantastic group for all things about IP, Dinner Party, Misery Index and individual projects. Murr is even a member and posts on there on the regular.  You get regular update/ posts  from the guys and the moderator who they personally know. From sneak peeks on future punishments, shows, giveaways, off show background videos of the guys,tours, other projects  etc. Interact with other fans as well. It’s a lot more active then this thread. Through the group, I was able to see them in person at a taping of The Misery Index & 100,000 Pyramid game shows. Hopefully  they’re allowing new members. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
3 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I mean seriously, why couldn't they be on another group besides FB?? I can't believe I am considering it.

Stay strong, Lucinda!  I'm not on FB either.  If you like the Tenderloins, I think they're on TV about 20 times a day.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I went to that link. I don't want to have to join FB in order to sign up for their private page but this is the first time I am seriously considering doing just that, signing up for FB. I like this show and these guys that much. sigh

I read the list of rules and there were about 9 names listed as the admins of the group. I immediately started trying to figure out if the names were made up, like they were in one of the receptionist challenges where they had to call out nonsensical names, or names that said something else when you said them. 

I mean seriously, why couldn't they be on another group besides FB?? I can't believe I am considering it.

Please don’t let the number of admins deter you. I run my own classic film group and sometimes you need back up help from trolls and rule breakers. Especially since it’s such a large group. The founder is a great lady and the guys are connected to the group. Hope to see ya there! 

4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I have so many questions about the filming of this season.  How did they convince people they could go maskless inside while they were filming? 

The one lady was wearing her mask around her chin, so it was definitely during Covid time.

By the way, I headed over to the My Shiney Hiney website to see if it was featuring Murray as their spokesman.  It said use promo code Murr for a free gift, lol.

This last episode was the first time I saw them bungle the "Prince Herb" joke.  In the punishment, they have Q give a podcast, but this is just a screen for them to clean out his closet and donate all his clothes.  The note was signed Joe, Sal, and Murr.  That's the first time I've seen them mess up and use Sal instead of Prince Herb.

There seems to be a new format with this show.  They'll do one challenge, and then on the second challenge they'll only show enough to determine the loser, then they'll do the punishment.  I'm not sure if the episodes are actually shorter, or if they're just putting more detail into the first challenge.  There used to be multiple bits in each show, now there's just  like one and a half.

Maybe with Covid they've tried to cut back on the number of locations.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:17 PM, stewedsquash said:

Not sure if it is a prank or not but Joe announced NYE on instagram that he is not joining the show this season and is separating from his wife. 

What the heck is this about?  This is one of those things that I have never considered, but when you think about it, maybe should have expected.  Still, given the nature of the show, you have to at least suspect it might be a publicity stunt.  Or a "loser has to resign from the group" challenge.  

If not, well, Joe was my favorite, I always thought he was the funniest.  Maybe we lose Joe in the Impractical Jokers, but gain Traffic Cam.

• Love 2

(edited post) I couldn't get the instagram post to link here (after several different tries using different methods) but Bessy has posted about the breakup there. I also read that she did a tiktok thing where a generic question was asked What in your house is broken and everyone just accepts it is broken and Bessy raises her hand which people are saying shows that she is broken over the breakup. 

I am bummed for them. Also bummed about the show. Will wait to see if the lightning in a bottle combination of those four will still work as a trio instead. Not sure it will.

Life sucks, ha.

eta Still not sure this won't eventually revealed as a prank. 

Edited by stewedsquash
wonky link
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

eta Still not sure this won't eventually revealed as a prank. 

Honestly, the only thing that makes me think it isn't a prank is I don't see Joe joking about his marriage breaking up.  He's always seemed to draw the line when it comes to joking about his spouse.   If not for that, I'd be almost 100% sure it was a joke.

If they do go on without Joe, I hope they don't replace him with Joey Fatone (hey, another Joe).

• Love 1

Yeah, for sure I agree with you above. I guess it is just wishful thinking and hoping that it will work itself out on my part in stating that I would accept it as a prank. I think all the guys, while complete jokesters, do provide a protective place for their off screen lives and romances. I always thought that each guy, again acknowledging that they are complete dorks and will go very far for a joke or prank, always seem to have a respect for people in general and women in particular. They all seem like the good guys.

If not a prank then I hope it is really just a separation and not a done deal divorce. 

• Love 2

We saw Joe’s comedy tour show in Iowa last week. When he first came on stage, he said something like “well, there is nothing new with me…” then laughed and changed the subject. He moved on to telling his jokes and stories. He did talk about and tell stories about Bessy and the kids, in a very loving way. Didn’t sound like someone thinking about divorce. I hope it is all a horrible prank. And why are they pulling some of his episodes off the show?

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Anhourofmylife said:

And why are they pulling some of his episodes off the show?

How do you know they've pulled them?  What episodes have they pulled?

Seems a little odd that Joe doesn't have time to be on Impractical Jokers so he can be with his family (according to the story), but he has time to do his own shows.  

• Love 1

So they showed the first episode without Joe last night after the Final Four basketball game.  Apparently they aren't showing any more of the season until June though.  Not sure why they stuck this one episode out there, I guess it was to take advantage of the extra eyes from the basketball tournament.  

Apparently Joe is really gone, I was hoping it was just a joke.  :(  Looks like the new format is that they will feature a guest star in his place, last night they had Eric Andre.  He didn't compete in the challenges, he just did an appearance or two and helped with the punishment.  

There seemed to be a little more scripting than usual.  For example, there was a skit where they were putting on that the whole show was fake, and that Murray was a motion capture character.  There was one part that seemed like a rip at Joe (although they would probably deny it):  Sal said he was tired of doing the "Prince Herb" bit, and Q and Murray said "Sal, as your friends, we don't care".  So Sal pitched the earrings.  I get the impression "Prince Herb" was a bit Joe thought up.

Wow, that Impractical Jokers Shark Week Spectacular was horrible.  It really showed how horrible some of their writing can be when left to their own devices outside of their main premise of dares.  Q's storyline about the red devil shark was beyond stupid, as was Murray's storyline of trying to translate dolphin language.  

The only one who came out okay was Sal IMO.  His cowardly act was completely credible and consistent with his character.  "Wow, I was really brave out there.  Did you see me?".  "Oh, you did?" (disappointed).