Type keyword(s) to search

Impractical Jokers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh Dear God! (Frasier voice) This show kills me. It is hilarious. I dont' even know where to start. My bf comes in the room when he hears me cackling and is all, (as the kids say) "WTH?"

Some of the innocent people do funny things like that older lady in the podiatrist office who almost squeezed Murr's tushy. The fast food scenarios are always a hoot, but so are the parks and ... oh IDK... all of it. When they were at the mall and got someone to give over a belt was a shocker as was the long hug up AND down the escalator. omg.... If it were me I think I could say almost anything, but I'd have to draw the line at opening people's pants or kissing and/ or eating things.

I wonder if someone has ever just hauled off and punched one of them in the face.

So far the season is off to a good start, I think.  I howled until tears ran down my face when I watched the season premiere.  Sal in that scooter with the beer bottle, all bent over and making noise, made me laugh until I gagged.  Didn't even know such a phenomenon was possible...

• Love 1

Joe in the mermaid costume! I had to rewind that whole scene immediately because I was laughing too hard when he rolled back down towards the ocean.

I love this show...My 15 year old son and I have the same humor and we roll while watching it.

No outrage about a hairless cat so traumatized that it freely urinates in the elevator? Doesn't anyone feel for the bedbugs in the carpeting, beside the itching each morning?

I can't get enough of the reruns. Something I especially love is how each joker expresses their individual glee. Sal falls down, of course, Q usually pumps his fist in the air, Joe claps his hands together much like a baby does, and Murr jumps up and down in place. Cracks me up every time!  

• Love 2

I really think Sal's tattoo was th worst of the three, but his reaction was priceless! When he said "Oh my God this is going to change our friendship forever", I really couldn't help but laugh.

Me too! That part is my absolute favorite. I especially liked when he said something about them all getting someone from the Smith family. I can't even hear/think/see Jaden Smith without this episode coming to mind and I crack up every time.

And have to chime in that Sal is my favorite too!

The punishment on tonight's episode made me laugh so hard, I was in tears, nose all stopped up and everything!! My gawd, that has to be the funniest one yet. Anytime they bring out the Jaden Smith tattoo, I crack the hell up. It's one of my favorite Sal things, lol.

I just watched the "Punishment" special, and watching them make Murr skydive still makes me uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine driving a friend to tears and laughing about it.

I felt the same way about that punishment. I felt so bad for Murr on that one. However, that episode solidified my Sal love because of how he spoke to Murr and explained how they all agreed that they had to do punishments or leave the show (not that I think for one second they would kick someone off). He was calm and soothing and I believe he helped Murr to focus enough to follow-through with it.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 2

I was so irritated that the live punishment special ran over so long; my DVR cut off just before Joe's attempt. Thanks to TruTV's relentess airing of the show though, I was able to catch a later rerun over the weekend where they edited it down to an hour. It was cool how excited they all were for Q's success. Howie Mandel was quite awkward throughout.

I recently started watching the show & thanks to tons of multiple marathons over the last 3 weeks, I've caught a lots of episodes. Sal is def my favorite, though I love all of the guys.  He's endearing, quirky, sweet, flirty and I love when he literally falls out.  I told my husband I have a  little crush.  His smile and dimples are just too cute.

I love the episode where he and Q have the debate about being a bad son.  He goes too far, calls his mom, yells at her, and hangs up. Not two seconds later, he's calling her back, freaking out & taking the loss. I also like when his sister gets involved in the crazy, his expressions kill me.  He's obviously a sweet guy who loves his family.

I love that Sal's long con punishment was a third of the episode!  It was a crazy, messed up thing and I love the reactions at the end.  Some of the punishments have been lame (e.g. Joe at the gym) and some have been genius (e.g. Q at the dude ranch).  There is an amusing interview with Q and Sal from The AV Club that was published after the episode. 

I saw the recent Joe punishment on an ep of World's Dumbest Pranksters. While someone was away on vacation his friend did the same thing to him- he wrapped up everything in his house. Including his food and his toilet paper, while it was still on the roll! They didn't replace his pictures though. But I wonder if Murr, Q, and Sal saw that ep and got that punishment idea.

Aaaand this ep is one of the few times we saw Q topless! (wolf whistle) OK, Sal, you're next! LOL!!

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2014 at 2:43 PM, spaceytraci1208 said:

Anytime they get Sal to dance, I die...the dancing in the park remains my favorite:

What do we have to do to get Sal on Dancing With The Stars? I want him on NOW!!

I do NOT think this episode was fair to Murr because Murr went twice in the last challenge and Sal only went once. Murr should NOT have gotten the thumbs down! I hope someone mentions this on Twitter. Murr should not have gotten the thumbs down. Murr shouldn't have lost that last challenge! He got the first guy to hold the sign! By all rights, Sal should have lost and it should have been a double punishment.

They should have edited out the part where Murr got the guy to hold the sign or made Sal go twice! That was NOT fair. Murr got the first guy to hold the sign,  he should have gotten thumbs up! I didn't even watch this punishment out of protest because Sal should have been there with him! That was NOT fair!!! I demand reparations...Sal should be punished next week!

I do NOT think this episode was fair to Murr because Murr went twice in the last challenge and Sal only went once. Murr should NOT have gotten the thumbs down! I hope someone mentions this on Twitter. Murr should not have gotten the thumbs down. Murr shouldn't have lost that last challenge! He got the first guy to hold the sign! By all rights, Sal should have lost and it should have been a double punishment.

They should have edited out the part where Murr got the guy to hold the sign or made Sal go twice! That was NOT fair. Murr got the first guy to hold the sign,  he should have gotten thumbs up! I didn't even watch this punishment out of protest because Sal should have been there with him! That was NOT fair!!! I demand reparations...Sal should be punished next week!

I never thought someone who loves animals as much as Q could be scared of spiders! I mean, spiders? I'm not even scared of spiders.

But I have to admit, this is the first time I ever saw Q truly scared. Usually he hates his punishments or is humiliated by them...but this is the first punishment in which Q was sweating and actually scared!

But...in a superficial level, Q's really lost weight and he really looks good! Hell when the preview was shown at the beginning of the show I thought it was gonna be another Murr punishment!

But I never saw him as Rosie O' Donnell. Clean shaven, I always thought he resembled Jim Belushi.

The punishment also looked kinda like what you would see in Hellevator. I kept waiting for one of the Soska Sisters to go, "Your nightmare begins...now!"

And THAT'S not even Q's worst punishment this season! He texted about a month ago that he gets the last punishment of the season, which is big and massive (not counting the live one, of course), and we have about two more eps to go until Nov 3rd. Wonder what THAT one is gonna be!

I never thought someone who loves animals as much as Q could be scared of spiders! I mean, spiders? I'm not even scared of spiders.

But I have to admit, this is the first time I ever saw Q truly scared. Usually he hates his punishments or is humiliated by them...but this is the first punishment in which Q was sweating and actually scared!

But...in a superficial level, Q's really lost weight and he really looks good! Hell when the preview was shown at the beginning of the show I thought it was gonna be another Murr punishment!

The punishment also looked kinda like what you would see in Hellevator. I kept waiting for one of the Soska Sisters to go, "Your nightmare begins...now!"

And THAT'S not even Q's worst punishment this season! He texted about a month ago that he gets the last punishment of the season, which is big and massive (not counting the live one, of course), and we have about two more eps to go until Nov 3rd. Wonder what THAT one is gonna be!

That was one of the roughest punishments ever!  Although the Murr's skydive still trumps them all, at least for this acrophobic. 

I find Q's disappearing beard very distracting LOL.  I know the episodes aren't filmed in order but it still confuses me!

5 hours ago, Albino said:

That was one of the roughest punishments ever!  Although the Murr's skydive still trumps them all, at least for this acrophobic. 

I find Q's disappearing beard very distracting LOL.  I know the episodes aren't filmed in order but it still confuses me!

Q had to shave off his beard when he officially retired from the fire department. They don't allow anyone to have beards, even for special ceremonies. But from what I see on Twitter, he's growing it out again.

Well, it looks like the only Joker we haven't seen cry yet is Joe. Murr cried while skydiving, Q cried last night and Sal...cries every other ep! :) Sleep with one eye open, Joe. You're next!

On 3/30/2017 at 10:58 PM, 17wheatthins said:

Tonight's punishment with Q putting red x's on all the paintings was really hard to watch. Those kids were MAD. LOL 

i loved the girl telling Q she still hated him after being told it was for the show. 

Kudos to that girl for standing up to him, even though he got the red X on there anyway.  So many people just passively let them do stuff to them.  It's amazing that a whole class of people just let him destroy their paintings like that.  The first mom painting he put the red X through looked like some nice work, IIRC.

On 10/6/2016 at 10:42 PM, SpikeGal said:

Some time has passed, so I'm not sure about what exact episode you're talking about.  But I do know that the challenge scenes are edited, so we don't always see the entire challenge.  Presumably, if Murr went twice, Sal probably did also.  They just didn't show it for whatever reason - most likely because it wasn't particularly funny or entertaining.  I've noticed several times where if you watch closely, each joker has a different number of chances to complete (or fail) a challenge.  It's all in the editing.

The one thing about Murr is, it seems to me they give him the worst punishments.  The skydiving, the piercing, shaving the eyebrows off.  I find it hard to imagine them doing anything like that to the others.

I've noticed that Sal seems to be the joker who has the most sex appeal with the ladies.  Not sure why that is.  He has a certain charm, but they all do.  He's not in particularly great shape.  Maybe because he's husky?  Or because he has a certain ethnic/Italian look to him?

That one scene where they are working in the fast food place demonstrates this:  The girl behind the counter agrees to go to the theater with him (after she had previously turned down Murray lol).

After Sal, Q probably gets the most female attention.

• Love 1

Not sure where else to post this.... My hubby and I saw these guys live last October (the Santiago Sent Us tour). All I can say, is if you love this show and these guys, SEE THEM LIVE. We had second row seats and I was laughing so hard, each of the jokers pointed and laughed at me at some point during the show. Joe is my favorite, so I had my "Team Joe" shirt on and at the end of the show, he pointed to me and bowed. I swooned (his eyes are gorgeous, right?). I can't wait until their next tour. 

(And I'm in agreement with everyone else who can't stand the Casey Jost moments... Why is he even on the show?!). 

I thought it was a subpar episode, the punishment with Sal at the psychic was just lame.  Didn't care about Joe's "slipping backwards" either, although he's usually good for the physical comedy.

I did find Murray's fake hair interesting (I thought it looked real).  The only part I really enjoyed was the beginning when they were reading each other's TV show pitches.

I agree, they are the cruelest to him in every way. He's my favorite, probably because he looks exactly, and I mean EXACTLY like my husband. They could be brothers. The major differences are the my husband is not a tv star, and he doesn't manscape as extensively as Murr. Ha.

Edited by littlemommy
On 4/21/2017 at 2:19 AM, 17wheatthins said:

This week's punishment was hard to watch; harder still because it was Murr. I don't really like that his punishments seem more mean-spirited than the others'.

That was the one where he had to take cigarettes out of people's hands, wasn't it?  I agree, that wasn't entertaining to watch, it was just painful.

The most recent episode with Q and the turkey legs wasn't much fun either.  He was apparently getting nauseous from eating all that turkey.  And they said he had just eaten a full meal before filming that, ugh.  It reminded me of the one where he had to eat the meal in the backseat of his jeep while Racecar Bob was driving him around the obstacle course, and he was getting carsick.  I always laugh when Sloppy Joe comes in though.

Just watched last night's episode.  I noticed that during Sal's comedy act punishment, I was actually dreading the Impractical Insider portion that was coming up with Casey Jost.  Nothing against Casey Jost, I would hate this segment no matter who was hosting it.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, 17wheatthins said:

It hasn't aired yet; hopefully for the "summer season", although sometimes the bits don't make it to air at all, but I hope this one does. 

thanks 17wheatthins!

On 6/17/2017 at 1:42 AM, bmoore4026 said:

Anyone else put off when the other guys rag on Q for liking comic books?

It's not really that much of an insult, especially these days.

I've come to the conclusion that Joe is the funniest of the Jokers.  I was watching the Hawaiian episode with Joe playing a psychic, he had his female customer in stitches.  He always seems to look for the comedic angle and takes his punishments with a good attitude.  

On the other hand, he also seems to be the one who takes the most enjoyment out of his friends' discomfort. 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, 17wheatthins said:

I am impressed with how hard they work on trying to keep the show fresh. These guys put a lot of effort into their brand. If more people were interested here, I could make a subforum for their other two shows.

What shows are those?

Maybe I'm not that bright, but I would be totally fooled by Murr's "Q wig" if I saw it in public.  It looks natural to me, like it could be his own hair.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

They do an Impractical Jokers: Inside Jokes that is basically the older episodes with little factoids that pop up with trivia and episode information.

There is also an Impractical Jokers: After Party which I guess is kind of like Talking Dead as it airs live right after a new episode and host Joey Fatone along with some or all of the Jokers discuss the episode that just aired. 

Okay, I am familiar with those shows.  I kind of consider "Inside Jokes" just basically an alternative version of the regular shows.  I wouldn't think we would need another subforum to discuss that show or After Party, I would think they could be discussed here.  Especially considering the traffic here is fairly light for such a popular show.  But it's not my website, maybe the moderator would feel differently.

Well, I am probably the only person in the country that finds these howling idiots completely and totally unfunny.  Someone in my home watches this and I cringe every time I hear them laugh hysterically at their lame jokes.  I wear this badge with pride.  To each his own.  Peace.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:40 AM, 17wheatthins said:

Oh my Gosh, this was a really funny episode! I loved the 4 man challenge in the waiting room; Joe is in my opinion the most consistently funny one in the group. His apple/water sneeze was disgusting but hilarious. 

I agree that Joe is the most consistently funny joker.

Murr did seem to really enjoy that pirate adventure.  If it was a punishment for Sal, it was like a reward for Murr.  Sal and the milk was the funniest part of the episode for me,   That jingle he was singing was pretty catchy:  
"But the captain's milk, it is the best, because it comes from a woman's breast".

• Love 1