Type keyword(s) to search

Impractical Jokers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I've only started watching this, but comparing earlier shows to this most recent season, I feel the show seems to have really gelled...the humor is funny, but not mean-spirited, because it's not innocent bystanders who are the butt of the jokes - it's the four guys. I'm loving this series so much, and am also amazed that it seems to get away with so much "adult" humor...I suppose the laughter makes it all the more acceptable.

Thank you, tru.tv!

Edited by A Boston Gal

I started watching with my son and just love these guys. I have to say though that I like the ones where they are in stores or fast food places the best. I never believe the ones where they are supposed to be experts giving lectures or the focus group ones because it always seems like the people are in on those.

Just saw the Ja'Crispy episode last night, as well as the singles mixer (was it the same show?) Anyway, Sal is my favorite as well. He can take a challenge and almost make it logical: he's a guy who knows how to get the crowd/individual on his side.

Joe reminds me of all the men in my large Italian family; corny sense of humor, very confident, and pretty much fearless when hanging with friends. He seems best at keeping a straight face during his challenges. I also love that he has a Bischon Frise named Canolli. That cracks me up!

17wheatthins, I guess I haven't seen the "Larry" episode yet...what is Joe screaming "Larry" all about?

I've been obsessed with this show since it came out. I love that they're four best friends and because they're also from NYC like me (born and bred, woop woop!) I feel like I "get" their humor (you'd have to be pretty uptight not to, though!). I ALWAYS laugh at this show. Hope it stays on forever <3

• Love 2

Thanks, 17wheatthins. (I feel I know you so well by now...may I call you 17wt? ;) )  So, the guys were a touring comedy group before the show? Interesting... I wonder whether this was a full time gig for them, or did they have day jobs?

Joe reminds me of all the men in my large Italian family; corny sense of humor, very confident, and pretty much fearless when hanging with friends. He seems best at keeping a straight face during his challenges. I also love that he has a Bischon Frise named Canolli. That cracks me up!

I love Cannoli! She has an instagram that I looked at out of curiosity (@cannoligatto) and she has a new sibling named Biscotti :)

My favorite Joe moment was his gymnastics punishment...saying "thanks, I can do it better" as his pants came off while he was being pulled out of the pit.

Loved the slot machine challenge, but wish there hadn't been so many "wild cards", as it led it to being more of the usual "three guys pick a scenario."   Also: either the make-up was especially bad, or Joe makes the ugliest drag queen that's ever been.

And the punishment w/Joe in the dress thinking he would be modeling but really conducting a seminar? I found it hard to breathe....so much fun.

That's the best--the moment he realizes it's not what he thought it would be, like when he jumped out of the cake!

I've been binging on this show for the last few days, can't get enough.

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 1

Murr can be convincingly childlike. The woman who took him by the hand when he yelled out "Mommy" in the store--too cute. His toy store tantrum (from a never-before-seen clip show) was amazing. (So was Sal's!)

• Love 1

Sal is my favorite. He can be so clever on the spot! What episode was the Ja Crispy? I have them all taped, but I didn't see that one. Thanks if you know!

I loved the one where Sal laid on that woman's beach blanket and took a nap and she liked him! That was so funny!

Joe is great but I am a bit worried about his body shape. He is fat and in the way that is dangerous with it right in his middle. He needs to lose weight. I think he is very talented and amazing ad-libber/improv actor. He can also do so many funny noises. After Sal he is my second fave. Of course I love them all. 

I love the resigned look Q sometimes gets when he realizes he's just been screwed over in a challenge. The guys know there's a line he definitely will not cross. In a way, it kinda dooms Q every time the others want him to lose, but as you said, 17wt, Q's parents raised him right; he seems like a true gentleman.

It's very endearing! Just saw Sal try to get a pretty woman to kiss him--the ep where Murr skydives I think--and he was so nervous about it. I was surprised he went for it.

Murr and Q had looks of horror on their faces but not Joe--he's always clapping gleefully, lol.

The spa day challenge was really good! They all appeared to be having a good, awkward time. I especially enjoyed "Can you massage my bald"....too funny! And the punishment w/Joe in the dress thinking he would be modeling but really conducting a seminar? I found it hard to breathe....so much fun.

I was at the Justin Timberlake concert during this episode and received texts from two friends and my sister crying over how funny it was. Everyone who knows me knows i take my JT VERY seriously, so for them to text me during his concert I knew it had to be a great one!

I LOVE this show. My favorite vacillates between Joe and Sal. I cannot begin to tell you how many times my son and I will yell LARRRYYYY to get each others attention.

• Love 2

Q and Sal often make guest appearances on comedy podcasts, in addition to their own, What Say You? They revealed in at least two interviews that a multiple punishment will be aired next month where three Jokers each get tattooed.

I was very impressed with Q during the challenge when they had to cut in line to get Broadway tickets; he just very matter-of-factly said to people, as he was cutting them in line, "I don't wait in lines, excuse me..." and actually got to the booth to purchase a ticket!

I felt genuinely bad for Murray when they made him jump out of the plane...I don't think I could ever push anyone, especially someone I consider my friend, to do anything they were genuinely terrified of. He's always a good sport though; my favorite loser challenge he did was probably the dodgeball one where they had an oven mitt on his right hand lol

• Love 1

Just came back from vacation and had a marathon of episodes I hadn't seen before waiting for me...almost made it worthwhile to come home again! The bowling was hysterical, as was Joe's mashed potato slinging. Any clue as  to the format of the new show?

OMG this episode was sooooo funny; the security guard challenge was one of the funniest I've seen from these guys. I'm still laughing thinking about it!

And Jokers Wild was funnier this week; I liked the bank sketch the most...I guess they're doing their more absurd bits on this program, and this week's episode seemed to show their camaraderie more than last week.

*or, maybe poor 17WT got enough sleep this week so she was in a better frame of mind for comedy.

Yes, I loved the security guard sketch. I'm still giggling thinking about Sal and the password. Murray's turn was another classic though. I loved the punishments this week too. Murray's and Q's weren't too bad, but I don't blame Sal for being so angry. It was hilarious though. 

I also thought that Jokers Wild was better this week. It's still comes across a little awkward and unfunny at times, but I'll keep watching now if it's like last night. I loved the bloopers though of the bank scene. 

I love Sal at the Bingo Hall..he kept saying "guys I swear, this is the worst punishment ever" but he always says that!

Then the next funny thing was the Planning Council meeting. I think some of the people are in on it and some aren't. It's near the Beef Gristle Mill....I don't know how he kept a straight face going over that proposal! Grandkid Park, statutes of grandkids. 

Thanks! Yeah same here.

This season I am really digging Sal. I usually favor Murr. But that whole senior park presentation at the town hall meeting was so funny. Probably my favorite skits are the presentations where they don't know the topics and have to wing them.

Also thought it was funny that Sal got recognized at the drugstore. I doubt they could get past me but I'd play along. They need a chick on the show!

Murr has such an unassuming look about him I often think he gets away with more.