Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 90 Words Per Minute

• Start Topic

I feel like a lot of things are out of sequence in that show.  Something that someone pointed out to me was the part where Mo "met" those guys to play football.  They were already miked up when he walked up to them.  How is that even possible?  That had to have been staged.  Which makes me feel like that hobag at the bar was probably sent by production to hit on Mohamed. 

Also Dani and Mo got married in July.  So he would have likely arrived here late April.

• Love 2

My brother told him that and he was very offended.  At the time, at least, Mo was pretty convinced that he would become a star.

Nothing better than a big laugh first thing in the morning !    A star.......LOL

• Love 1

Oh I believe they are going for a reality show.   After all, bills must be paid.

But on the other hand, there are people who have to have drama in their lives All. The. Damn. Time.  It's exhausting to be around people like that.   Something is always a major deal.   And if it is not, they will find a way to make it one.   Mo didn't have to respond to any of those women on his page.   Dani didn't have to read them.   but they both chose to do so.   Then go "oh look at all the drama, we just want to be left in peace."   Then shut up and live your life and stop letting others in.

Now that TLC has cancelled Honey Boo Boo. I think you are right on the money.   Working title "The Stupid Couple"?       TLC's Believe It Or Not?        Dani and Mo Plus No Electricity?      Desperado and the Tunisian Tool?

• Love 2

Did I read correctly?

Danielle would uproot her daughters from the state where they have done all their schooling, and where their extended families are, to follow her short term green card gigolo to another state as long as he supports them all with his entry level salary?

NO.  He's contemplating out of state jobs to be rid of you all.

• Love 5

Now that TLC has cancelled Honey Boo Boo. I think you are right on the money.   Working title "The Stupid Couple"?       TLC's Believe It Or Not?        Dani and Mo Plus No Electricity?      Desperado and the Tunisian Tool?

Here Comes Dani Mo-Moobs.

• Love 3

Canada AGAIN! (is there something in the water up here? I dunno haha)

Dale Egle: Angie.... was that you that what's his name went to stay with for 5 days after the wedding???????

Angela Hassan: Dale Egle yes

Dale Egle: so you and danielle are no longer friends?? and that is when he wanted you to go to Canada???
Angela Hassan: Yes Dale Egle

Dale Egle: wow

Angela Hassan: BTW Dale Egle the interview episode they were lying both of them

• Love 3

Oh I totally agree that Mo, or as he put it "Movie Character" on his FB page, was convinced that being on this nationally-televised reality show would bring him fame and fortune.  In fact, I would venture to opine that the draw of being on US Television was greater than getting the oft-mentioned green card. 

Danielle just wanted him to live with her/marry her, and apparently she didn't do her homework to find out that TLC pays next to nothing for these types of shows.  She's seen the arc with June Shannon. 

That scene where he's talking on the phone and telling the person on the other side that he didn't want to be there, might have been totally staged, but OTOH it could have been at least partly true.

IMO, Mo's motivation is becoming famous and rich.  well he's got #1.  #2?  I don't see it happening - I don't think he's aware of how quickly reality show "stars" fade from the firmament as the viewer's interests flick from one train wreck to another.  Sister Wives starts this Sunday, that will divert attention from this freak show pretty quickly.

Yes, they do! :)

I asked Jim Tom Hedrick, who's one of the Moonshiners, a question about money issues and he did that pinching motion in front of his mouth and said "I'm locked up tight as a drum!" He had some problems with Discovery when he wanted to start selling his brand of moonshine, legally. The problem was with the distillery he had a deal with, they were a rival to the other one in the area that was the primary sponsor of the show. Discovery at one point was threatening to sue him and bounce him off the show. But word about this did manage to leak out and Discovery backed down after so many people told them to shove it. Jim Tom is an old guy and why should they prevent him from making a living outside of the show? I don't think the other distillery is a sponsor any more, so it sort of looks like Discovery "discovered" which side of the bread their butter was on.

I am sure these people were made to sign a similar agreement to be on this show. But Mo doesn't understand the concept of staying off social media and keeping quiet. Neither does Danielle, apparently.

I'm guessing that as long as they don't reveal how much they were paid, TLC is more than happy to let the social media drama run its course.

• Love 1

I will say I've gotten tons of info off of Twitter feeds and direct contact with many of the cast.  None of them are shy about their opinions about production and there aren't many secrets most aren't willing to share.  So I'd say the only thing they aren't saying is how much they got paid.

He's left several times, not just that one time.

How many times?

I'm with the crowd that he will fade away... But how funny would it be if he was offered a minor movie role and climbed up the ladder LOL. we would all be served.

Let's not forget kardashian fame happened.

Mo is going to be iris elba's sidekick in the new bond movie. Elba will be all "shaken, not stirred" and mo will be all "you are an acceptable lady". And they will conquer females together.

Sounds like some of the behind the scenes production was hap hazard and they didn't pay too much attention to what was going on with social media.  They knew that public records could be found but did nothing to prevent it from happening.

Truthfully I don't think the premise of the show even makes sense.  Most of these people didn't go to america to "see" if they could get married.  Most knew they were getting married, without a doubt and it was a long process to get their Visa's.  Some of them it took months.  You don't go through that process to simply "see" if after 90 days you go home.  The show is that sense is misleading.  Every couple going in to it was going to be married.  I wish the show was actually about the process of obtaining the visa, then getting them here and then married.  They have to somehow cultivate drama by making us the viewers believe they weren't getting married.  Thus far there have been 10 couples that have been on the main show - all 10 have been married.  I'm not counting the dude they had online. 

• Love 2

Why would he want to sponsor THAT?

Mohamed possesses some kind of Tunisian charm that causes total strangers from all over North America to contact him with offers of assistance.  I'm gob-smacked by it.  He can probably walk into a restaurant and other people pay for his food.

• Love 1

Technorebel, ForRealorNot, If you read the original post you're quoting, and the subsequent conversation, you will realize that the man offering help is an attorney who specializes in helping people with issues such as Mohamed's situation.

Mohammed's situation? What situation would that be?

A poor Tunisian gigolo who finds himself in the awful situation of having to deal with a clingy, nasty, broke wife in order to get a green card?

I wonder if somebody has already started a non profit organization to help these poor guys who thought they were coming to the U.S. To get their green card with no problem at all and have to go through such hardships instead of a free ride?

Tunisian gigolos done wrong, poor, poor guys, such victims, they come with the honest intention to scam another human being and have to endure such atrocities, they do deserve all the help they can get.

Money? , send them lots of it, clothes for winter, check, place where to live, check, job offers, check, after all these poor guys are honest about their scam and deserve all the credit for it. Honesty in a scam artist is so hard to come by these days, life is really hard out there

• Love 6

A colleague of mine is from Nicaragua, and was just there on vacation.  I asked him about Myla Vox and he asked me if it was a cold medicine!  No joke.  So I explained to him and pointed him to their youtube.  He's in awe.  He said he'll ask his niece. 

• Love 4

A colleague of mine is from Nicaragua, and was just there on vacation.  I asked him about Myla Vox and he asked me if it was a cold medicine!  No joke.  So I explained to him and pointed him to their youtube.  He's in awe.  He said he'll ask his niece. 

I watched a couple Myla Vox music videos on YouTube, and they're not bad.  It's typical boy band stuff with nice harmonies.  I don't know how big they really are in Nicaragua, though.  I thought the group was just releasing their first album.

I find him as charming as a cockroach scooting across my just-frosted cake.

I think I peed laughing LOL

LOL cold medicine!

• Love 1

Mohammed's situation? What situation would that be?

A poor Tunisian gigolo who finds himself in the awful situation of having to deal with a clingy, nasty, broke wife in order to get a green card?

I wonder if somebody has already started a non profit organization to help these poor guys who thought they were coming to the U.S. To get their green card with no problem at all and have to go through such hardships instead of a free ride?

Tunisian gigolos done wrong, poor, poor guys, such victims, they come with the honest intention to scam another human being and have to endure such atrocities, they do deserve all the help they can get.

Money? , send them lots of it, clothes for winter, check, place where to live, check, job offers, check, after all these poor guys are honest about their scam and deserve all the credit for it. Honesty in a scam artist is so hard to come by these days, life is really hard out there

People said the very same thing about my stepfather.  He's 21 years younger than my mom.  He checked nearly very beznessman box.  Fifteen years later, the young women who mocked her and were so sure that they and their Arab lovers would last forever are all divorced and they are still beautifully together. 

Prejudices and stereotypes against Arabs and Muslims require that there be organizations to respond to them.  I'm an Arab Muslim woman and I hear them everyday on TV, on the Internet, all over the media.  I'm proud and grateful to God to be able to provide resources and assistance to immigrants from Arab and Asian nations, regardless of faith, ethnicity, or what kind of impression they make on a TV show.  Not everyone is going to agree, but, I'm ok with that.

• Love 6

regardless of faith, ethnicity, or what kind of impression they make on a TV show.  Not everyone is going to agree, but, I'm ok with that.

TV warps everything around. I don't like what Mo is doing on Facebook, but I think on TLC, Danielle is more obnoxious than Mo. Daya was poorly portrayed, as was Cassia.. It could be possible Mo was also poorly portrayed. 

Of course... 90% of the clues around us point to him being just as guilty as her.... but my point is that I can see your perspective

Edited by EggoWaffles
  • Love 1

TV warps everything around. I don't like what Mo is doing on Facebook, but I think on TLC, Danielle is more obnoxious than Mo. Daya was poorly portrayed, as was Cassia.. It could be possible Mo was also poorly portrayed. 

Of course... 90% of the clues around us point to him being just as guilty as her.... but my point is that I can see your perspective

Thank you, Eggo.  I've been very critical of Mo, too, mostly because I don't like him using Islam and culture as an excuse for his behavior.  But, his reactions are familiar to me, so, I don't see him as a villain.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my reasons for distrusting Mo have nothing to do with prejudice against muslims.  It's his own words and behaviour.

I get that.  He's fair game for praise or criticism, as is anyone else on the show. 

People said the very same thing about my stepfather.  He's 21 years younger than my mom.  He checked nearly very beznessman box.  Fifteen years later, the young women who mocked her and were so sure that they and their Arab lovers would last forever are all divorced and they are still beautifully together. 

Prejudices and stereotypes against Arabs and Muslims require that there be organizations to respond to them.  I'm an Arab Muslim woman and I hear them everyday on TV, on the Internet, all over the media.  I'm proud and grateful to God to be able to provide resources and assistance to immigrants from Arab and Asian nations, regardless of faith, ethnicity, or what kind of impression they make on a TV show.  Not everyone is going to agree, but, I'm ok with that.

I sure hope that your mom's age and your step father's age is the only thing in common they have with Mohammed and Danielle.

I am not stereotyping Arabs or Muslims just because Mohammed is one of them, if Mohammed would have shown any respect for the institution of marriage and what his intentions really are, if he would have come to the U.S to marry Danielle for the right reasons instead of the obvious reasons then I would feel sorry for him because Danielle truly is a hot mess and I would feel bad for his bad luck.

Mohammed has made clear in so many ways that he is here for one purpose only and that is a green card. He doesn't love Danielle but he still could show some respect and allow her to safe face, instead of that he is blunt in his disrespect, he is proud to let everybody know his true intentions, he has no shame to flirt with other women online, he has no shame in using Danielles own friends to escape a situation of his own doing, he has labeled himself a TV star and is cocky about his scamming ways and now he pretends to play victim? Oh heck no, Mohammed is only victim of his own greed and selfish ways.

My best friend married an American guy, she is from South America, 10 years they have been married and it is obvious to all that meet them that they adore each other, the stories she tells me about his family and how they took the news about they getting married would put to shame any of these TLC couples, the racism, the mean comments and all she had to endure was truly awful but she married him for the right reasons, they loved each other, now 10 years later and after 5 years after becoming a citizen it all has changed and now his family embraces her and understands that she is the best thing that could have happen to him.

I surely hope that you never had to witness your step dad telling the world that your mom was merely "acceptable" or that you had to go through the turmoil of having your stepdad moving out of your house within two weeks of the wedding day. I sure hope that your mom never had to go through the humiliation of her newly wedded husband flirting shamelessly online or accepting other women's money. I also hope that your step dad was proud to have your mom as his wife and never looked that he is about to throw up whenever she touched him. They have been married for many years so I am convinced that none of that happened to your mom.

Danielle is a complete hot mess, she is dumb, in denial, selfish about the welfare of her daughters and has never been financially responsible but she is still a human being, she might be fat and ugly but she still can feel hurt and humiliated, the saddest part of this story for me is that after Mohammed receives his green card, he will move on to the next victim, in the meantime Danielle will be destroyed. Am I supposed to feel sorry because Mohammed is living a nightmare of his own doing? Hell no, he could have returned to his country at any point of the 90 days but even after he found out about her financial situation he stuck with it, he doesn't love Danielle and that is obvious but at least he can show some respect and stop with the connection to other women.

IMO Mohammed is not a victim, he is just a greedy scammer , he wants the green card but doesn't want to give anything in return, not even a little bit of respect to the woman who is making it possible for him to get a green card. Fuck Mohammed.

• Love 5

Not to mention how he is forcing Danielle's daughters to jump through hoops in their own kitchen to keep it halal.

It is him that should be making the compromise, as a temporary room mate, to cook his own stuff and not impose his dietary restrictions on a whole family.  He is nothing but an interloper in their house.  He is really nervy in demanding that everyone caters to his halal BS... especially since he drinks beer.

Gawd he rubs me the wrong way in every possible direction.

• Love 6

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hear your own pain and anger in this response.  You seem to be taking this very personally; I am not.  I'm sorry if their situation brings back memories of something that happened to you.  Yes, people are scammed in marriage, and not just by immigrants, but, sometimes by people they fell in love with in high school.  The divorce rate in the US is very high; cell phones, the Internet and social media has contributed to a great change in social norms. Still, each of us makes choices in life.  Life is a series of lessons learned.  Danielle has made hers, and she may not be as blind as we may think, or lacking in her own agenda. 

Good people do bad things sometimes.  None of us know what is really going on with the two of them, but the simple fact is, they're in it together until they're not.  We're peeking in their window as far as we can see and it looks bad, but, that's all we really know.  That's probably all we'll ever know.

I sure hope that your mom's age and your step father's age is the only thing in common they have with Mohammed and Danielle.

I am not stereotyping Arabs or Muslims just because Mohammed is one of them, if Mohammed would have shown any respect for the institution of marriage and what his intentions really are, if he would have come to the U.S to marry Danielle for the right reasons instead of the obvious reasons then I would feel sorry for him because Danielle truly is a hot mess and I would feel bad for his bad luck.

Mohammed has made clear in so many ways that he is here for one purpose only and that is a green card. He doesn't love Danielle but he still could show some respect and allow her to safe face, instead of that he is blunt in his disrespect, he is proud to let everybody know his true intentions, he has no shame to flirt with other women online, he has no shame in using Danielles own friends to escape a situation of his own doing, he has labeled himself a TV star and is cocky about his scamming ways and now he pretends to play victim? Oh heck no, Mohammed is only victim of his own greed and selfish ways.

My best friend married an American guy, she is from South America, 10 years they have been married and it is obvious to all that meet them that they adore each other, the stories she tells me about his family and how they took the news about they getting married would put to shame any of these TLC couples, the racism, the mean comments and all she had to endure was truly awful but she married him for the right reasons, they loved each other, now 10 years later and after 5 years after becoming a citizen it all has changed and now his family embraces her and understands that she is the best thing that could have happen to him.

I surely hope that you never had to witness your step dad telling the world that your mom was merely "acceptable" or that you had to go through the turmoil of having your stepdad moving out of your house within two weeks of the wedding day. I sure hope that your mom never had to go through the humiliation of her newly wedded husband flirting shamelessly online or accepting other women's money. I also hope that your step dad was proud to have your mom as his wife and never looked that he is about to throw up whenever she touched him. They have been married for many years so I am convinced that none of that happened to your mom.

Danielle is a complete hot mess, she is dumb, in denial, selfish about the welfare of her daughters and has never been financially responsible but she is still a human being, she might be fat and ugly but she still can feel hurt and humiliated, the saddest part of this story for me is that after Mohammed receives his green card, he will move on to the next victim, in the meantime Danielle will be destroyed. Am I supposed to feel sorry because Mohammed is living a nightmare of his own doing? Hell no, he could have returned to his country at any point of the 90 days but even after he found out about her financial situation he stuck with it, he doesn't love Danielle and that is obvious but at least he can show some respect and stop with the connection to other women.

IMO Mohammed is not a victim, he is just a greedy scammer , he wants the green card but doesn't want to give anything in return, not even a little bit of respect to the woman who is making it possible for him to get a green card. Fuck Mohammed.

I don't dislike mo because he's muslim. I've never even brought his religion or race up. I despise his behavior and arrogance. That is not about my pain. It's about him being a douchebag with total lack of respect for anyone but himself

• Love 6

"Good people do bad things sometimes."

But bad people do more bad things, and worse things, more often.

The way Mo is treating Danielle and using her is pretty "bad," no actually it's one of those "worse" things and he had plenty of time and opportunity to make the honest choice.  He consistently chose evil, lies, deception and selfishness over honesty and kindness.

He is officially an amoral, arrogant punk in my book.

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 4

"Good people do bad things sometimes"

I am pretty sure all criminals and crooks think this way.

I am LMAO thinking about Teresa Guidice and her crooked husband telling the judge , "but your honor, good people do bad things sometimes" and the judge being understanding and exonerating them from any criminal prosecution. If it was that easy.

In real life good people who do bad things suffer the consequences, in this case where an obvious scam of the visa process is taken place, the consequences should be Mohammed's deportation.

BTW this has nothing to do with Mohammed being Muslim, if Yamir would have treated Chelsea the same way that Mohammed has treated Danielle and would be flaunting his total disrespect for her I would also be asking for him to be deported. If Amy, Cassia, Daya or Evelyn would have shown such callousness in regard of their fiance's feelings, then I would be asking for their deportation as well.

This has nothing to do with race or religion, it has to do with Mohammed being nothing but a scam artist.

• Love 8

Yep.  I feel the same way.  I studied Spanish, lived in Spain and have friends of every color of the rainbow.  Bad people can be bad regardless of race or religion.  Mo is a douchebag.  I kind of felt bad for him on the show with all Dani's lies, but then I started going on Facebook and reading how he flirts with these ridiculous heifers who all seem to be located some place in Canda or the western US.  I got grossed out that he consistently deletes Dani's comments, and on their own private pages they are not even friends.  It doesn't take a blood hound to smell the lies.  It's more potent that a fart in a car.  He's disrespectful.  On the reunion he couldn't answer a single question truthfully.  He never touched her and look repulsed and annoyed when she touched him.  This is a woman so desperate and with such low self esteem she has sacrificed her life savings for him.  I'm not feeling bad for her at all.  She's an adult and has made horrible choices.  But she doesn't deserve to be a punching bag for emotional and psychological abuse.

• Love 2

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hear your own pain and anger in this response.  You seem to be taking this very personally; I am not.  I'm sorry if their situation brings back memories of something that happened to you.  Yes, people are scammed in marriage, and not just by immigrants, but, sometimes by people they fell in love with in high school.  The divorce rate in the US is very high; cell phones, the Internet and social media has contributed to a great change in social norms. Still, each of us makes choices in life.  Life is a series of lessons learned.  Danielle has made hers, and she may not be as blind as we may think, or lacking in her own agenda. 

Good people do bad things sometimes.  None of us know what is really going on with the two of them, but the simple fact is, they're in it together until they're not.  We're peeking in their window as far as we can see and it looks bad, but, that's all we really know.  That's probably all we'll ever know.

There is no pain in my response but there is definitely anger. Anger that a POS like Mohammed pretends to be perceived as the poor and unwilling victim , he had 90 days to get out of this mess. He picked his poison. It is because of scammers like Mohammed that there is such a dark outlook to anyone who comes with a K-1 visa.

If your brother would have considered helping him out and loaning him money for a plane ticket going back to Tunisia, I would say Bravo, absolutely by all means help him. But according to your own posts, your brother considered sponsored him just so he can stay and perpetuate the scam under a K-1 visa, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is scamming the system and the good faith of the American government by pretending to marry in good faith when all he wants is a green card. He is not concerned about the consequences, after all the worst that can happen to him is deportation, in the meantime he doesn't care enough to even pretend that the scam is not taking place.

You are absolutely right about the divorce rate, the odds of them not making the marriage work , even if they were in love, is very high, but you are the one who brought race and religion, you are the one who mentioned that your brother and you got interested in Mohammed because he is from Muslim and from the Middle East, your personal reasons to want to help him are valid but in my case I have no personal agenda, I am commenting based on the show but also based on the content of his social network that he decided to make public. He is the one who has decided to put his personal business out there for the world to see and comment and I will continue to do so as I see fit.

As far as personal I have never commented on his FB page and will never do, I have never contacted him personally like you and your brother have, if there is any personal agenda here is surely is not mine.

• Love 7

Culturally, I think Americans are a forgiving people. We forgive our politicians, our pro athletes, even our presidents when they screw up when they take accountability and responsibility fully for their errors in judgement.One of the first things we learn as children is to accept responsibility for our actions right or wrong.
I believe we would all forgive and forget Danielle's past mistakes and would not keep bringing them up except for the fact that she never accepts full responsibility or accountability for any of them... It was her ex, someone scammed her on the internet, she got fired even though she was trying etc etc. Her family from their face book post as well as comments they made on the show enable her lack of accountability for choices she made.The "devil did not make her do it". Danielle did.

• Love 2

Its actually very simple. Mo and Dani deserve each other.

Yes, horrible people the both of them, I will offer help to neither, nor do I want to see a spin off of what would be little more than abuse porn involving two low lives and three minors that I profoundly pity, and hope will have the wisdom to keep great distance from Danielle when they become adults.

• Love 5

There is no pain in my response but there is definitely anger. Anger that a POS like Mohammed pretends to be perceived as the poor and unwilling victim , he had 90 days to get out of this mess. He picked his poison. It is because of scammers like Mohammed that there is such a dark outlook to anyone who comes with a K-1 visa.

If your brother would have considered helping him out and loaning him money for a plane ticket going back to Tunisia, I would say Bravo, absolutely by all means help him. But according to your own posts, your brother considered sponsored him just so he can stay and perpetuate the scam under a K-1 visa, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is scamming the system and the good faith of the American government by pretending to marry in good faith when all he wants is a green card. He is not concerned about the consequences, after all the worst that can happen to him is deportation, in the meantime he doesn't care enough to even pretend that the scam is not taking place.

You are absolutely right about the divorce rate, the odds of them not making the marriage work , even if they were in love, is very high, but you are the one who brought race and religion, you are the one who mentioned that your brother and you got interested in Mohammed because he is from Muslim and from the Middle East, your personal reasons to want to help him are valid but in my case I have no personal agenda, I am commenting based on the show but also based on the content of his social network that he decided to make public. He is the one who has decided to put his personal business out there for the world to see and comment and I will continue to do so as I see fit.

As far as personal I have never commented on his FB page and will never do, I have never contacted him personally like you and your brother have, if there is any personal agenda here is surely is not mine.

I explained what we do.  It wasn't about bringing in race and religion; that's been done many times before I showed up.  It was about answering a question about my brother's motives. After that, you went on a diatribe about Tunisians.  I assumed a Tunisian did you in. 

As usual with what happens on the Internet, someone says something and a reader reads what they want to into it.  So, now, because you hate Mohamed, you're disparaging my brother.  Ok, I have on my big girl pants. I can take it.  It's par for the course that when you despise someone, even a TV character, anyone who doesn't hold them in the same level of contempt is fair game, too.

That's not going to make me hate anyone, but, as you said, and I acknowledge, you're free to have at it.

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 1

All the cast members from the show that came from a different land probably feel weird (or most of them) because their new years already happened. lol. Portugal's new year happened about a half hour ago.. and we watched it on tv and raised our glass. Next, USA. Fashionably late I think??

Not sure if anyone will see this post but it IS small talk... No one has been on here recently.

• Love 2