Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 90 Words Per Minute

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

So sorry, @mamadrama.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.

Thanks. It's bad. 

And it actually happened on my birthday. 

It was so scary on my little one that after we got to my mom's I lost her and her dog for awhile. When I found them they were like this in one of the bathrooms. She was so scared getting out that it literally made her sick. 

FB_IMG_1615108700643.thumb.jpg.0f14fc53bcb632442f0eb51ccae668bf.jpg

Regarding "mediums" and their "predictions" . . . 

Sylvia Browne met up with Amanda Berry's mother on Montel Williams' show and told the mother that Amanda was dead.  Amanda . . . one of the three girls who was held captive by Ariel Castro in Cleveland - and escaped alive.  

Neither Sylvia nor Montel's production company commented.

She said another missing teen was dead, too . . . he was also found alive.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Regarding "mediums" and their "predictions" . . . 

Sylvia Browne met up with Amanda Berry's mother on Montel Williams' show and told the mother that Amanda was dead.  Amanda . . . one of the three girls who was held captive by Ariel Castro in Cleveland - and escaped alive.  

Neither Sylvia nor Montel's production company commented.

She said another missing teen was dead, too . . . he was also found alive.

I remember that, it is all so gross. Didn’t her mother die before she was found? Imagine Amanda saw that on television? Terrible. I’m not saying I don’t believe spirits and energy exist....I just think most of these people are charlatans.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I remember that, it is all so gross. Didn’t her mother die before she was found? Imagine Amanda saw that on television? Terrible. I’m not saying I don’t believe spirits and energy exist....I just think most of these people are charlatans.

Yes, the mother died about a year after the show. 

7 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Amanda did see it on television while she was in captivity. She's talked about it in interviews. At first she was excited because she thought it would give her mother some peace and let her know that she was okay and alive...and then she watched in horror as Sylvia claimed she was dead. 

Sylvia Browne, John Edwards, Theresa Caputo...all scam artists to me. They're wrong 80% of the time, we just don't see it. The other 20% comes from them being good cold readers. 

I actually believe in some level of psychic abilities. What I don't believe is in a person "seeing" a specific future (way too many variables) and anyone charging money for such a thing. If what they say gives a person who's lost someone some comfort then I'm generally okay with it. But what these people are doing goes way beyond that. It's cruel. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Amanda did see it on television while she was in captivity. She's talked about it in interviews. At first she was excited because she thought it would give her mother some peace and let her know that she was okay and alive...and then she watched in horror as Sylvia claimed she was dead. 

Sylvia Browne, John Edwards, Theresa Caputo...all scam artists to me. They're wrong 80% of the time, we just don't see it. The other 20% comes from them being good cold readers. 

I actually believe in some level of psychic abilities. What I don't believe is in a person "seeing" a specific future (way too many variables) and anyone charging money for such a thing. If what they say gives a person who's lost someone some comfort then I'm generally okay with it. But what these people are doing goes way beyond that. It's cruel. 

Agree with all of this. I also believe in some elements of the ability but these folks are cruel. The John Edwards 9/11 special, which was thankfully cancelled, was beyond disgusting. Hope you are doing well!

• Love 1

I have a friend who had a really spooky experience with John Edward. She had gone to a large group reading and her companion had purchased the tickets so there was no record of her name as an audience member. Her son, Danny, had fallen from a bridge into a river and drowned a few years before. John Edward was on the other side of the room but said he was being pulled to my friend’s row by someone who had “fallen from a height.” He walked up the steps, stopped right in front of my friend and said “Who is Dan?” And proceeded to tell her details about his accident that were accurate. He even knew the words on a sign she has posted on her house. I’m sure he makes up a lot of stuff, but sometimes he gets it right. 

But don’t get me started on Theresa Caputo...

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I have a friend who had a really spooky experience with John Edward. She had gone to a large group reading and her companion had purchased the tickets so there was no record of her name as an audience member. Her son, Danny, had fallen from a bridge into a river and drowned a few years before. John Edward was on the other side of the room but said he was being pulled to my friend’s row by someone who had “fallen from a height.” He walked up the steps, stopped right in front of my friend and said “Who is Dan?” And proceeded to tell her details about his accident that were accurate. He even knew the words on a sign she has posted on her house. I’m sure he makes up a lot of stuff, but sometimes he gets it right. 

But don’t get me started on Theresa Caputo...

Skeptical me.  Might the companion have set her up?  For John Edward to be THAT right screams of foreknowledge to me.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Skeptical me.  Might the companion have set her up?  For John Edward to be THAT right screams of foreknowledge to me.  

No, I’m positive her friend didn’t set her up. We thought at first her name was on some kind of list of participants and because Danny’s accident was national news at the time, it would have been easily researched, but the only name involved was her friend (who was hoping to hear from her late husband) when she purchased the tickets. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

No, I’m positive her friend didn’t set her up. We thought at first her name was on some kind of list of participants and because Danny’s accident was national news at the time, it would have been easily researched, but the only name involved was her friend (who was hoping to hear from her late husband) when she purchased the tickets. 

Did her friend happen to go to the restroom and perhaps strike up a conversation with a friendly "stranger"?  The charlatans are known to do that.  "Stranger" has a mike, and is transmitting to someone on Google backstage.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I sincerely doubt it happened, but I can understand your skepticism and how they could harvest people’s info in this way. 

Did she sign her name on anything when she entered the building? JE is notorious for wearing an earpiece and having information fed to him by producers during the reading. People don't have to buy advanced tickets for them to get names, they often make people sign in as they walk through the door. 

I've done a lot of horror and paranormal cons with JE and Chip Coffee. He has some super stealthy ways of getting information. It's almost more impressive than his "psychic" ability.

That said, I DO believe he has some abilities. I think a lot of these famous ones do. However, the more famous they become the bigger and grander their readings have to become. What started out as what may have been an honest sensitivity towards people and the afterlife suddenly becomes a performance-based seance. Who knows, though? He may have really felt something. I'm super skeptical but I also like to leave room for some belief, too. 🙂

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I just read that there will be a 90 Day Tell All (OK, Tell Nothing) next week on TLC, I'm guessing with Part 2 to follow.     I'm surprised, since they claimed the Tell Alls would only air on D+.  (The 30 minute preview is on Friday night, at 9 Central).   I wonder when this was filmed?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

On the mama's boy who still lives at home topic, a friend from work had a wild story about that.     

Suz (not even close to her name) went on a blind date with her mother's sorority sister's son.    They had a very boring, OK dinner the first date.    She agreed to another date to see a movie she wanted to see.    They're on their way to eat before the movie, and he says you need to meet my mom, then we'll eat and go to the movie.     They pull up to a huge house, and his Mom is ready and waiting for Suz.   

They sit down, and Mom pulls out the plans for the house remodel.   It would turn the upstairs into a multi-bedroom apartment upstairs, and after the wedding Suz and baby boy would move up there.   The mother already was working on the wedding plans, and guest list, on her dime.   

Yes, on date two the mother was planning the wedding, and where they would live.   My guess is the son never had a second date before.    Suz developed a headache, and had to go home, and never talked to him again.   Can you imagine someone being so desperate to marry the son off you pull this stunt on date #2?    When the boy's mother called the friend's mother, she really told her off too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Mom & Dad got into an argument today. He watched Phillip's funeral and was telling everyone in the hospital that Prince William was my husband (to Dad all Brits look and sound alike).  He kept wondering why he'd left me and the kids at home-and who the redheaded guy with Pete was.

Nope, Dad doesn't have dementia. 

• LOL 3

about those vaccines.... I just got my second Moderna shot this week.  The first shot I barely had an inkling of a sore arm, but this time was different.  8 or so hours later I got the chills...no big deal, I turned on the electric mattress cover.  Then  I woke up in time to start the day for work and had a fever of 101.8 (I called in).  I slept for 14 hours total.  The rest of the day I ate soup and grilled cheese, stayed in bed and watched/slept through some history channel stuff.  Let me tell you it was WONDERFUL!!!!   I had a completely guilt-free lie in.  If it were a weekday I may have even watched Price is Right and re-created a school sick day from (*ahem) 40 years ago.

Edited by ohgoodgolly
sentence structure was going to drive me crazy
  • Love 4
On 3/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, magemaud said:

I have a friend who had a really spooky experience with John Edward.

Wow! I only knew him as a crooked NC politician. He's now into ESP stuff? Bizarre.

Edited by Ucross
On 3/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, mamadrama said:

Did she sign her name on anything when she entered the building?

My understanding was that Amanda was kidnapped. Would she have been able to sign some sort of waiver? That seems unlikely.

16 hours ago, Ucross said:

My understanding was that Amanda was kidnapped. Would she have been able to sign some sort of waiver? That seems unlikely.

Um...say what? Who is Amanda? 

We're talking about the person who had a cold reading done by the medium, John Edward. 

Okay, so after making "Never Have I Ever" paddles for a Zoom Easter, I made this one for 90 Day.  Whenever I ask a question about motives or behavior, he holds this up!!  Edited to add:  He gave full permission to use his face, lol!

20210426_183823_55.jpg

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 7
On 3/20/2021 at 11:07 AM, magemaud said:

Penn and Teller did an episode on this. These people have spies listening to every conversation in the lobby before the reading. https://www.hulu.com/watch/31de0fcd-21ad-476e-8f52-37e50aaf573a

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2020 at 10:29 AM, magemaud said:

Molly (and Cynthia) had a television show about their bra business.

Kudos to them, it's a good, legit business, and pretty interesting.

• Love 1

I hope someone at TLC didn't see the delightfully witty remark someone made about Ronald and Jihoon being featured on a TLC show "90 Day Dads Who Will Never See Their Kids", or "90 Day Dad's Who Have Been Dumped", or it will end up on Discovery +. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Strongly considering getting Discovery+ because I'm under the misguided impression that I need to see more of these idiots who I've already pretty much hate-watched for the entirety of their airtime. Can someone come and knock me upside the head? Please?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Strongly considering getting Discovery+ because I'm under the misguided impression that I need to see more of these idiots who I've already pretty much hate-watched for the entirety of their airtime. Can someone come and knock me upside the head? Please?

The first step is acknowledging your addiction.

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Sorry, can't do it. I'm already gone.

But you CAN watch the entire HEA episodes 3 days before anyone else! 

• Love 1
On 6/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, Scout Finch said:

I have Discovery Plus and....I kinda like it.  I say EVERY WEEK - "Nope, not gonna do it!"  Then on Friday I get super excited as HEA dropped on Friday.  I have a problem......

(edited)

I am watching the sneak peak and as much as I don’t like Andrei I laughed HARD when he casually called Charlie a drunk bum. Accurate except he left out coke head. Also Charlie  and his bitch wife are parents of the year for flying alone while sending the kid to slum it on the RV. Why the hell does the ugly sister need 8 suitcases? I take one for 3 weeks in Europe. …sorry reposted in live chat too I think?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
On 3/20/2021 at 12:57 PM, AZChristian said:

just to chime in.  I have never told anybody about this (except my family and best friends).  I went into cardiac arrest 11 years ago - was in my 40s).  I was put in a coma for 2 days.. when i woke up I remembered (here is the point - and i am not a whack job).  I saw the "light".. no people but i was BEING PUSHED BACK.. into now.  I appreciate each day now. 

• Love 8
On 6/12/2021 at 6:29 PM, Gobi said:

The first step is acknowledging your addiction.

Happy to report that I cold-turkeyed all 90-Day franchises almost two years ago and have been Angela/Big Ed/Darcy-free ever since.

Life was hard enough these last several years without having these awful, self-perpetuating parasites in my head.   Now I don't care about any of it anymore.  If not for the unavoidable 90-Day/Discovery+ promos on my Firestick, I would have forgotten all of them long ago.

I miss snarking on the freak show here of course, but the peace of mind and quality of life that come from being free of the 90-Day addiction is worth the trade-off.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

Missed you all tonight! My girlfriend and I don't watch football so we skipped the Super Bowl and watched "Queer Eye." But that didn't stop me from making all the snacks. I made seafood salad, lil smokies, buffalo chicken dip, deviled eggs and sausage balls.

Superbowl fixings.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TazDevil said:

Yay!!  Fresh Meat!!!  Let's see how long it takes us to hate them all!!!

51 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I already hate them all.

We should get on their social media before they scrub it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I know I'm definitely not watching the Ari/Bini parts.  I'm sick of both of them, and Ari's parents.   I'm sure some of the new ones will be worthy of hate.    I'm wondering how much dirt they will have appear on the couples. 

Actually, since the producers don't seem to care about anyone's racist or criminal history, I bet posters here, and other online sources will find out all of the truth.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I may be, actually I am sitting this season out, I just don't have it in me anymore.

I envy your willpower.  

I will be watching.  I can't help myself.

• LOL 1