Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

There's been a marathon of this show on tonight and even when I'm watching it a second time it really seems like Aziza has an ulterior motive. When she's talking to her mom in Russian in front of Mike's family on Skype she was saying more of "I dunno if I can go through with it.." instead of "I'm looking forward to it and am upset you can't be here" it just made it seem like she's not doing it for love at all.

Anyone know how they're doing by now?

• Love 2

She was like a walking personification of situational depression. Toss in being young, having a language barrier and a monosyllabic husband who's possibly missing a sensitivity chip, and this is not a recipe for a long, happy marriage.

• Love 3

I sure hope I'm wrong about this, because I really want all of these TLC shows to be 100% real, but I could've sworn I saw "Mike's friend" with the dark bob hairdo who was along on all of Aziza's pre-wedding stuff portraying "clown girl's friend" on a "What Not to Wear" rerun...

20 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I don't remember them at all. They must be less.crazy.than their peers .

Season one.  He's from Cleveland.  Works for the city, IIRC, and they met on a language learning site.  I don't recall a lot of drama around them, other than her being homesick, and possibly there being something keeping her parents from coming for the wedding (may be confusing them with another couple).  I do recall minor drama with a family member of his - the usual "Why can't you marry someone American" crap, and alcohol was involved.  I also recall it coming out after the fact that the family was saying some of it was staged.

• Love 4

The show played up some stuff, like the fact that they hadn't slept together before she came over, that she never seemed to want to eat, etc. There was also the typical suspicion that she was using him to get to the US because their online relationship turned romantic only after her work visa application had been denied.

I always thought that they were a nice, fairly normal couple. He was financially stable and I remember that he bought her a round trip ticket when she came from Russia so that she wouldn't feel trapped in the US. He was a nice, considerate guy. I'm glad that they're happy and still together.

• Love 8

I always thought this couple was pretty normal and TLC probably created the little drama they had on the show. I did not see it anywhere in this thread, but about 2 years ago there was talk on reddit and facebook about some weird things that happened with these two. It about some very weird letters that were posted (it was graphic topic). Does anyone remember this? Was it proven true or false.  I really want to think and hope that there are at least a few normal couples from this show , so I am hoping what I read about was just a rumor or misunderstanding.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Does anyone remember this? Was it proven true or false.

I remember it and don't think it was ever proven true or false. It doesn't sound like they ever commented on it.

3 hours ago, Christina said:

I remember it and don't think it was ever proven true or false. It doesn't sound like they ever commented on it.

Thanks for the reply. It seemed like it was a topic discussed in 2017-18 and then went away. I guess if it was true or not they moved on and look happy and well. I will always wondered was she that troubled or was someone who made it up really troubled because it was one or the other. 

• Love 1

I decided to go and find the info on the Aziza scat play. This first paragraph is from memory. A woman posted to a mommy FB group saying that she found letters from another woman to her husband, and that woman said she was on the first season of this show, always wears a black rubber band around her wrist, and something to do with Rick and Morty socks. She also claims that the other woman sent an imprint of her butthole. They were eventually reposted to 90DF FB groups, but I have no idea how to find those old FB posts.

However, I was able to find a Reddit post and an Imgur of the wife's NSFW  comment, which will not embed. As you can see, the letter is signed "Your BFF" and the supposed ass print is a kiss. 

Some people gathered links of Aziza wearing the Mr. Meeseeks socks and having the black band around her wrist, and they are linked in that Reddit post.  I didn't click on the links so I don't know if they are dead or not, but I think some things were deleted.

Shortly after it made the rounds, info came out about the wife being mentally unstable, off her meds because she was nursing, and some of her FB Mommy Group's members believed she wrote the letter and posted it next to something else she had written, and it did look like the same handwriting. 

So the choices are it's either the wife managed to create a letter and include some identifying information about Aziza, including the band around her wrist and a pair of socks she had worn and discussed on a Tweet, or Aziza wrote a letter to a married man where she discussed her bowel movements. Another point made was that the two things that linked to Aziza were well known to everyone and had actually been discussed before, because Mike was a Redditor who sometimes commented in that subreddit. I don't think either one of them ever addressed this specific claim, though.

Maybe a troll, maybe true.

• Love 1