Type keyword(s) to search

S46.E13: Regé-Jean Page / Bad Bunny

• Start Topic

So, a sexy Brit is hosting; which gags are we going to see?

• Shirtless scene,
  • Bridgerton/Jane Austen/rom-com parody,
  • Kissing another dude,
  • Questionable regional American accent,
  • or Black Jeopardy?
  • All of the above?
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Trini said:

• Shirtless scene,
  • Kissing another dude,
  • or Black Jeopardy?
  • All of the above?

Hoping for at least Bridgerton/Jane Austen/rom-com parody and Black Jeopardy. They likely can’t resist doing a questionable regionable American accent—that’s an SNL staple. 

• Love 3
On 2/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, Trini said:

• Shirtless scene,
  • Kissing another dude,
  • or Black Jeopardy?
  • All of the above?

If Adele's episode is any indication, they may just let him use his real accent in the live sketches (although she wasn't an actress). 

I know we sort of got a Bachelor sketch with Adele, but I have a feeling we'll get a more traditional one with him.

• Love 3

I haven't watched Bridgerton. I've heard of it in passing but didn't pay much attention and didn't realize it was that popular.  I honestly can't remember when I was less familiar with a host. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I haven't watched Bridgerton. I've heard of it in passing but didn't pay much attention and didn't realize it was that popular.  I honestly can't remember when I was less familiar with a host. 

We only got 4 episodes in before we bailed.  The only reason we watched at all is because Mr. ebk thought it was more about history than a Shondaland romance (bless his heart).  But during those 4 episodes, I can honestly say that Mr. Page is very, very pretty.  Even if the show tonight sucks, it will be very, very pretty.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

We only got 4 episodes in before we bailed.  The only reason we watched at all is because Mr. ebk thought it was more about history than a Shondaland romance (bless his heart).

Oh my. 

10 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Even if the show tonight sucks, it will be very, very pretty.  

Well that's always nice. Pretty is good.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ebk57 said:

Even if the show tonight sucks, it will be very, very pretty.  

1 hour ago, vb68 said:

Oh my. 

Well that's always nice. Pretty is good.

I for one can use a little pretty tonight. He can stand there, let his eyes twinkle for 90 minutes and I’ll be good! (sans shirt, of course!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ebk57 said:

The only reason we watched at all is because Mr. ebk thought it was more about history than a Shondaland romance (bless his heart). 

Ha.  He missed the news that it was based on a regency romance series? 

I knew the show was popular given how long it stayed in the Top 10 (and often at or close to #1) but I still am a little surprised when people on streaming hits make main stream TV shows like SNL.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Ha.  He missed the news that it was based on a regency romance series? 

I think he got taken in by a piece in the NYT (?) about Queen Charlotte being mixed race and thought the show would concentrate on that.  Ah well...  🙂 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Chloe playing Britney Spears was perfect.

”Episode 5, 52 minutes in.”  Yeah, that’s pretty accurate for Bridgerton. I’m more impressed that people are able to yell that loudly with masks on. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, saoirse said:

I for one can use a little pretty tonight. He can stand there, let his eyes twinkle for 90 minutes and I’ll be good! (sans shirt, of course!)

I had never heard of him or watched Bridgerton, but damn, you weren't kidding about the twinkling eyes!

And yeah, the pretty is strong with him. 

• Love 14

I may just replay this monologue over and over for...research reasons? Yeah, we’ll go with that.

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

someone who binge watched Bridgerton in 2 days not because it was anything great but because of all the pretty.

I binged it in a day for the same reason!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 2/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, Crashcourse said:

I don't watch much SNL anymore, and I don't watch Bridgerton.  However, I'll tune in just to make googly eyes at Rege-Jean Page.

Much like Christopher Walken’s plants? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Gotta be honest, I’ve never heard of Rege-Jean before this, but his American accent is good, he can sing and he’s very attractive lol. I now understand the excitement from the audience tonight lol.

That sketch was so random lol more please!

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 9

I wonder how they even came up with enough material for Mr. Chicken legs. " Hey Mikey, what can you do?" 

I had no idea where the ad sketch was going, but that ending was great. Reminded me of something Will Forte would do.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Now if maybe we could have a scene where he’s looking for his lost shirt...

I kept thinking he was going to take it off in the monologue.  Or Aidy tear it off. Lol

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Have you seen the people coming in from Mexico these days? *shows image of Ted Cruz* 😂😂😂

I know how difficult it is to move that many pairs of shoes out of a white woman’s apartment! - Che 😂😂😂

Relationship expert Pete Davidson! 😂😂😂

And man they are going at Andrew Cuomo hard tonight 😂😂😂

I’m clearly enjoying this Weekend Update if you can’t tell lmao.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Wow, I'm only like, 3 sketches deep but I'm really impressed with the show and Regé-Jean so far.  I don't even watch "Bridgerton".

I thought they were going to have Kenan come out as Idris Elba to be the third hot British actor who plays American.  😄

I think that the audience is full of SNL, Regé-Jean and Bad Bunny fangirls which is really good for the energy.

Also, it feels like Pete is really killing it the past couple of episodes.  First Weed Gummy, now this???

I'm rewinding to watch the "Driver's License" sketch again.  I don't even like that song!  😁

Are you guys witnessing Regé-Jean in the "Driver's License" sketch?!?!?!  He looks like he doesn't even use cue cards.  He acts like one of the cast, not even like the host.  I'm kind of blown away.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
Just now, saoirse said:

I don’t know if the writers were inspired or maybe drugged, or spirited away this week. Of course there’s at least one and maybe two sketches left, but I’d say this ep has been the best overall IMO this season.

Lol I agree! Pretty solid show tonight. I haven’t felt like that about any episode in quite awhile.

• Love 11

There were only two things that didn't hold much for me.  One was the chicken leg sketch.  It was silly but not in a way that spoke to me.

The other was the monologue and the screaming.  I felt myself cringe every time he turned to the camera.  Aidy and Echo worked for me, though so that was 50/50.

And one thing tonight's episode has shown me is how you can't just hire Not Aidy to do the roles that Aidy would do and have the same success. I'm loving having her back.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And one thing tonight's episode has shown me is how you can't just hire Not Aidy to do the roles that Aidy would do and have the same success. I'm loving having her back.

Has Not Aidy been in any sketches tonight? I think I've seen everyone else but her. 

• Love 2

Cold Open: Britney sketch! And it was a perfect way to cover Ted Cruz's fleeing to Cancun. "I'm pretty bad at human stuff" indeed. And Pete as Andrew Cuomo was perfect casting, we need to see more of him. They got a lot of mileage out of David Paterson, and Cuomo has done, and will do, lots of dumb things. And I can't believe they got some jokes out of Gina Carrero. As trash as she is, she is indeed better than Ted Cruz.

Monologue: Even he admits that his show is a tough watch. Already the audience has a better energy than last week. I still have no idea who he is.

Actor's Spotlight: Yep, looks like Thirsty SNL is here tonight. LOVED Kenan playing Ice Cube trying to fake a British accent. Now THAT was impressive. Also his name is Coldy Squares now. Sorry, I don't make the rules. Also impressive was the sketch not overstaying its welcome. Was just the right length.

Loco: This was a good song. Man, Ego is definitely shining lately.

Driver's License: Okay, the audience is officially the opposite of last week's: They interrupted TOO much. It was almost distracting. It was a silly sketch, though.

Mr. Chicken Legs Pageant: Okay, a 10-1 sketch showed up before Update. What a weird premise. Pete with Jack Skellington legs saved this sketch, plus Cecily going 110% on the singing. 

Ad Agency: Now here's a great way to get all the product placement out of the way. This was great and so absurd. Loved all the dumb, absurd ads. This was great, definitely sketch of the night.

WU: This was definitely a fun week for those of us who don't like Ted Cruz OR Andrew Cuomo. Pete killed it once again. I bet Colin and Pete appreciated the rowdy audience, it definitely improved their energy for the bit. Heidi's bit where she was dressed as Freddy Kruger was...weird. 

Songs of The Sea: They're really getting mileage out of the Peter Pan set, aren't they? This was fun. 

Blessing: Obviously one family's prayers were better. "Don't forget the Holy Trinity: Earth, Wind, and Fire." Holy crap, wasn't expecting Beck to pull off The Worm like that.

Bridgerton: They stuck this sketch THIS LATE in the show? Oh, it's about filming a sex scene with stuntmen, that'll do it. It was delightfully gross. 

Grocery Rap: This was a fun one. This was definitely a Good Neighbor sketch. Kyle getting tazed in that early 90s rap outfit was hilarious.

Well, this was a fun one! Regé-Jean Page definitely hit it out of the park as a solid host, and the energy he brought the audience certainly helped. Next week Nick Jonas pulls double duty. This also makes five shows in a row.

• Love 18

I’m sticking by my personal evaluation of this as the best episode of the season so far. Did someone finally give the writers their Wheaties? Pete, Ego, Chloe all got great moments, and I think Lauren was the only cast member I didn’t id during the show but I thought I saw her in the goodbyes.

Tl, dr- GOOD SHOW, SHOW!

• Love 16