Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Late-February 2020

• Start Topic

Nova and Calvin move forward in their relationship, Ralph Angel makes a big decision, and Micah starts college. Plus, Nova starts a new business venture, and Charley fights against troubling news for the farmers and is faced with an impossible decision.

The Bordelons are back and as gorgeous as ever.  
giphy.gif 

Original air date 2021.02.16

• Love 1

It feels like its been ages since we last saw St. Josephine's, its great seeing the show back again. Especially great is seeing Francis being hauled off in cuffs and getting seven years of jail time, oh yeah that is just the sweetest of sights. Especially as she was going all Scarlett O'Hara southern lady when she was trying to act like the victim in all of this, you half expected her to shout "I Do Declare!" or "As God As My Witness!" before daintily fainting in the middle of the courtroom, while the judge just was not having it. 

Of course for all the victory's Charlie has gotten, Parker is clearly still playing hard ball. Threatening to put the new highway right through the towns cemetery is seriously low, especially in a community that so values their history and families, and then she tries to place the blame on Charlie. Of course, Park might play hard ball but Charlie plays even harder. 

I didn't even realize how pissed I still was at Nova until I saw her on screen the first time and actually groaned. I guess the Bordelon's have bigger issues now than being angry at Nova, and Nova at least has apologized, but I still feel like by the end of last season she still hadn't fully grasped how much damage her book did. Even now it feels like she expects them all to come around eventually, that her book was hard for them but ultimately led to "forgiveness" and "healing" and other words Nova loves. 

Ralph Angels proposal was so sweet, I am so glad that he, Darla, and Blue are coming out of this mess stronger as a family. 

• Love 7

I would still be very angry with Nova,  she still doesn't see the damage she has done.  Nova is self righteous and selfish.  She hasn't been learned or been humbled at all by her families reactions to her outright betrayals of family confidences.

I think Darla is a saint for encouraging Ralph Angel to reconcile.

• Love 6

Of course for all the victory's Charlie has gotten, Parker is clearly still playing hard ball. Threatening to put the new highway right through the towns cemetery is seriously low, especially in a community that so values their history and families, and then she tries to place the blame on Charlie. Of course, Park might play hard ball but Charlie plays even harder. 

Boss Charley is my absolute favorite. I'm looking forward to the showdown between her and Parker.

If only the show can finally pair Charley up with someone who recognizes her boss level and doesn't try to shrink her, that would be great. Not saying that she has to be coupled up, but so far, her love interests have been duds.

I figured Micah was pledging a frat.

Just seeing Blue made me angry at Nova all over again. Putting her family's business on front street was awful, but I thought the lowest reveal was Blue's paternity. I wouldn't blame RA for not forgiving her for that.

• Love 7
On 2/21/2021 at 11:53 AM, Sheenieb said:

Boss Charley is my absolute favorite.

When she busted through those doors looking mad as hell and gorgeous in that purple, I was like “GET THEM CHARLIE.”

On 2/21/2021 at 11:53 AM, Sheenieb said:

Just seeing Blue made me angry at Nova all over again. Putting her family's business on front street was awful, but I thought the lowest reveal was Blue's paternity. I wouldn't blame RA for not forgiving her for that.

I’m not sure I could, honestly. And it looks like this season, Nova has the nerve to be upset that the woman whose husband she had an affair with doesn’t like her. Nova has this nasty habit of doing whatever she wants and expecting people not to fault her for it (see also: stealing $10K; the show has let that slide, but I won’t), and it’s a trait I can’t stand.

• Love 6

This has to be the best produced series on tv. It is richly made, characters are all beautiful people.. They spared no expense producing this, I absolutely love watching Queen Sugar , basically all of Avery's shows . 

On 2/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, tennisgurl said:

It feels like its been ages since we last saw St. Josephine's, its great seeing the show back again. Especially great is seeing Francis being hauled off in cuffs and getting seven years of jail time, oh yeah that is just the sweetest of sights. Especially as she was going all Scarlett O'Hara southern lady when she was trying to act like the victim in all of this, you half expected her to shout "I Do Declare!" or "As God As My Witness!" before daintily fainting in the middle of the courtroom, while the judge just was not having it. 

I didn't even realize how pissed I still was at Nova until I saw her on screen the first time and actually groaned. I guess the Bordelon's have bigger issues now than being angry at Nova, and Nova at least has apologized, but I still feel like by the end of last season she still hadn't fully grasped how much damage her book did. Even now it feels like she expects them all to come around eventually, that her book was hard for them but ultimately led to "forgiveness" and "healing" and other words Nova loves. 

Ralph Angels proposal was so sweet, I am so glad that he, Darla, and Blue are coming out of this mess stronger as a family. 

I live for Charlie and Parker sparring with each other, makes excellent tv.  Hollywood and Vi and just pure magic . I am still trying to forgive Nova and Darla  ( not there yet ) but I love watching this series. 

• Love 1
(edited)

What the old folks called "too much." That's our Vi.

I really like  Charlie's short bob. Nova''s faux hawk, less so.

Being imprisoned really hit Frances Boudreaux hard. She was looking rather rough without her layers of makeup and fancy hairdos. Seven years doesn't seem like a long time to me though, since she'll probably get an earlier release for good behavior or something.

So Calvin is still with Nova. Okay. Lol at his having to keep a list of things not to do wrt a Black woman. But eating food in bed is usually kind of messy anyway.

A little awkward, Nova? Odds are extremely good Calvin's grandfather is one of those old, old, old school racists who has an old klan robe in the back of his closet and still thinks the nigras were better off as slaves.

Nu Zeta Gamma. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue but I guess the show had to find a combination of Greek letters that wasn't already used IRL. Looks like being in a frat might hurt Micah's academics and that won't sit well with Charlie. (Also, is it possible Charlie doesn't know Micah pledged?)

Whoa! Running a highway through a cemetery. That's almost sacrilegious, especially in that part of the country. Would the company pave over the graves? 

Edited by Joimiaroxeu