Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Jerry Bites Back

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cynicat said:

Oh hell no, I don't even have to guess at that one.  There's no way in hell they'd give her anesthesia without a full work up.  Maybe not even WITH a full work up.  

I meant for the poor hygienist.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Mothra said:

No, no, no.

She *tries* to brush her teeth twice a week.  That poor dentist!

Edit:  Everybody on earth beat me to it.

I was impressed that the flat grinding surfaces of her back teeth looked good--no cavities that I could see.  The dentist didn't say anything about her gum health, though, where you can get into big trouble.

I think it was kind of shitty of Amy to ask Jerry if he were ready to assume the chores of taking care of Tammy after  Amy & Michael move out.

We're watching Tammy deteriorate faster and faster.  She's going to be immobile sooner rather than later.  Tammy ought to be hospitalized to get her weight down to where she can walk around.  Forget about WLS; she could never comply with the restrictions afterward.  I think maybe periodic hospitalizations throughout the rest of her life just to make her lose a couple of hundred pounds--not with any idea of keeping the weight off, just walking her back from the ledge when she hits 600lbs--is the only way to save her.

I agree, but I think it would certainly make Jerry see the reality of what his future with Tammy would be like. So far, all he has done is feed her junk food. He has watched everyone else deal with the day to day chore of taking care of her. Is he really ready to clean her and take care of her on a daily basis?? I think not! I think Amy didn't pull any punches in letting him know she's "outta there." I have no doubt that Jerry is, too.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, Twopper said:

iI did wonder if it was a re-enactment of sorts and she had already gone for a cleaning a few weeks before.  That would also explain why she wasn't nervous about going.

I was really prepared to dislike the photo shoot in the fields, but it was sort of cute, and I thought of Ceres, Roman goddess of grain and fertility/motherhood.  

The first "date " with Jerry was ridiculous.   I understand she needed to take Michael along to push the wheelchair, and I understand Amy going along,  but Amy and Michael should have had their own date at a different table.

Good theory about it being a re-enactment. Tammy is apprehensive about so much and this kind of dental appt after decades of neglect would be daunting. Then again, she does seem to seek medical attention often, so maybe she has learned to shut down in a clinical atmosphere?

I liked the photo shoot, too -- not the super staged parts "cuddle your belly!" "Dad, get in there and kiss her neck!" But when she was just relaxed and kicking back she looked happy and glowing. Seriously - how many people look good in white? She does!  I hope that stills of those moments are what she chooses to frame and honor.  But I call shenanigans on her saying she ordered the costumes online and Michael's looked like a sheet. Because her dress was quite nice and his WAS a sheet. 

In real life I'm sure Amy and Michael would have gone to another table, but every conversation between Jerry and Amy consisted of her playing coy and him responding with vacant stares, so I can see why production staged it that way, or else the crew would have had all that covid exposure and venue rental for nothing airable.

16 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I really, really like Chris. (No doubt TLC will ruin it for me soon.)

I find it so interesting Tammy never pops off at him when he calls her out but she’s downright hateful to Amy. 

I believe they have said that most of the people in the family have cared for Tammy in the past and are done with her - perhaps she is eying Chris as her next caregiver? 

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think the most jarring part of this episode was Tammy's dramatics when Jerry left

He was there a week, and now Tammy doesn't know how she is going to survive without Jerry holding her at night? Girl, what? 

I dont know what jerrys deal is.  I dont think he is from central casting because they would have picked someone more obvious.  Jerry is weird and at his age, the candy addiction is odd. We all like junk food but we don't need to carry grocery store bags of it around. 

I think Jerry's deal is he wants to be on television. Perhaps not enough to want this as a full time gig, however.  

As for missing Jerry holding her at night... I'm heavier than I want to be. I have slept on a remote control without realizing it.  Unless he's holding on for dear life, I can't imagine Jerry's touch registering much. She's lonely.  I hope she can see the folks trying to reach her and help her save her own life and not get distracted by illusions of what Jerry is 5 mins after meeting him in real life.  

4 hours ago, cynicat said:

We don't know what they didn't show.  I would suspect that he did all of those procedures including cleaning her teeth but who really wants to see that?  Besides, they needed that extra time for her dramatic announcement.  

I have gone to the dentist twice a year for over 50 years, brush 2x/day, and it takes the hygienist a half hour to get the plaque off my teeth every 6 months. That had to be more than one visit just for that. Then again, my mother has a dentist phobia and hasn't been for 40 years and has never had a toothache and has all her teeth and a perfectly presentable smile at 84.  She too was poor growing up (though she has always been scrupulous about brushing.) I have a theory that the extensive monitoring/dental care I had as a child resulted in way more fillings than were possibly necessary, leading to bigger fillings and crowns, etc. as years went by.  Or maybe it's just dental genetics.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

With regard to x-rays, I don’t know how they’d get the bite wings in Tammy’s mouth. Even if they were able to do it, I’m guessing it was an ordeal and that’s why it wasn’t shown.

I have a bad gag reflex and a small mouth so they use the child-size bite wings for me.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Tammy's dentist was interesting.  Tammy hadn't been to the dentist for a decade, she brushes her teeth twice a week (who the hell admits to that?) And she eats a shitton of candy.

But no x-rays?  No discussion of cavities?  He just immediately fits her for a temporary bridge?  

I've been in the process of getting an implant on a single tooth towards the back and its a whole painful ordeal.  First the bone graft went in, then the post and it all sucked completely.  The guy who has done all that is an oral surgeon.  

What exactly is she having done? Why isn't he taking x-rays?  

Like many, I suspect there are things we did not see.  They may not have done x-rays but they likely did do a cleaning.  Or they did the cleaning after the dentist talked to her about new teeth.  I don't see TLC springing for veneers or implants for Tammy.  However a simple bridge, especially if it is only molded plastic (no metal attachment) is in budget. 

I am sure it was tough having missing teeth that other kids could see, and it is a sign of poverty or lack of valuing Tammy that they were not replaced when she was younger.  However, yeeeeeaaaaahhhh, that's not what people are looking at when they meet her.  I noticed it, but compared to her forehead it was not worth mentioning. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, kassa said:

I have gone to the dentist twice a year for over 50 years, brush 2x/day, and it takes the hygienist a half hour to get the plaque off my teeth every 6 months. That had to be more than one visit just for that.

Are you me?  I am that way, and, to a lesser extent, is my daughter.  Her brother and dad could probably go forever without building up any plaque at all.   It drives me crazy at times.  

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I at least wanted to see him announce that she had like 22 cavities.  

I certainly expected him to find a few or at least say there were spots that he needed to keep an eye on.

I had much rather watch Amy in the cornfield than look inside Tammy's mouth.

41 minutes ago, kassa said:

But I call shenanigans on her saying she ordered the costumes online and Michael's looked like a sheet. Because her dress was quite nice and his WAS a sheet. 

Ha!  hers did look better, but I think the costumes come with the little head dress thingy.  I order lots of costumes for the children's theater I work with---or did until COVID--so I do think his is probably a costume, too.  I may have to google "togas for men" to find out; I am not sure I am that interested.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Why isn't Tammy in a motorized scooter?

I wonder if they make them that would hold her, and if so, how large and expensive would it be.
If Amy wants her son to grow up with a father, she better tell her sister to get off her ass and walk, because that's too much on Michael, pushing her.

And does Tammy have a walker?  She should.
I just find her very hard to sympathize with.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 4

I've wondered the same about the scooter.  There has to be one for someone Tammy's size.  If not, that's an untapped market and I'd put money into that.  

I had imagined that since Tammy isn't the one pushing she is not super motivated to get one.  But its always such a production.  Michael isn't even wearing a back brace.  

I'm not a genius, but I suspect I'm a little more savvy and well read than Jerry and even I get confused with all the different sexualities.  When I was coming up, we had three.

I promise you that Jerry has pretty much heard of two.  

He had no idea what any of this means.  I'm not sure he particularly wanted to be on TV.  I mean he wasn't really trying to be entertaining at all. 

I feel like maybe Tammy mentioned the sharp check and thats when he decided he could, indeed make the drive. She is so desperate to have a boyfriend and I can easily see how she has been taken advantage of.  

Everyone is making so much of this "relationship" and im not sure that Jerry even knows he is Tammy's boyfriend.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Like most people here, I really like Chris. He's no nonsense and has common sense. I also think he has a beautiful smile and would be a really attractive man if he just groomed himself up a bit and lost a little weight.

• Love 11

I feel bad for Amy because I think she does want a different life. She looked so happy at her photo shoot. Watching her walk through the house that was for sale in the other episode, you would think it was a mansion in her eyes. I can believe she wants better for her baby. She seems to desperately want a normal life. The problem is that she is so tied to Tammy. I don’t think Tammy actually wants to get better. She would then have to be an adult and I think she wants to keep people, primarily Amy, taking care of her. 

Tammy seems to have greater mobility than is normally shown. The fact she can walk and go places puts her in a better position than most of the people on my 600lb but she doesn’t realize how much of a gift it is to still be able to walk. It makes it easier to exercise to lose weight if she really wanted to do so.1 If Tammy gets to big to leave her bed, she is going to end up demanding Amy still take care of her. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

If Tammy gets to big to leave her bed, she is going to end up demanding Amy still take care of her. 

And Amy needs to say no.  There is a goodness that shows in Amy.  You just want the best for her.  And Tammy will use her, and Michael, as long as they let her do it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

Tammy seems to have greater mobility than is normally shown. The fact she can walk and go places puts her in a better position than most of the people on my 600lb but she doesn’t realize how much of a gift it is to still be able to walk. It makes it easier to exercise to lose weight if she really wanted to do so.1 If Tammy gets to big to leave her bed, she is going to end up demanding Amy still take care of her. 

You're right, she's so lucky to be able to move.  I think that her ability (or lack thereof) to walk is getting diminished because she becomes short of breath so quickly.  And she gets frighteningly short  of breath

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Kid said:

And Amy needs to say no.  There is a goodness that shows in Amy.  You just want the best for her.  And Tammy will use her, and Michael, as long as they let her do it.

Tammy has said, on multiple occasions that no one needs to watch her.  

She may be right, but everyone seems to baby her.  She was discussed among family and friends while she was in a corner.  

Maybe Tammy just needs the opportunity to care for herself, sink or swim.  Judging from my 600 lb life, she can somehow get a home health aid.  

Her home health aide should not be a family member. It should be someone who will do what Tammy wants. 

Tammy is a human adult.  If she wants to eat herself to death, at the end of the day that's her decision.   

She isnt dumb and im sure someone has mentioned a controlled and intensive environment.  

Its been apparent that she has a problem.  I haven't seen her working so she doesn't have the excuse of being too busy to go to a controlled environment.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kid said:

I realized last night, I really like Amy. Despite some of the past circuses, I actually see something smart and determined behind her eyes. She has to use tough love with Tammy or she will be dragged down and so will be her child. She needs to focus on that, on moving forward on having a house...... and I do think Michael loves her a lot. I remember when she first started exercising and was doing some kind of dance video, he said something to the effect that he loved to see her happy. 

• Love 12

Poor dental hygiene is an issue for sure, but the teeth she knocked out...hmmm..replacing teeth is VERY expensive.  I guess her parents weren’t able to do it.  It’s in the thousands of dollars, so I get why it might have gone neglected.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Poor dental hygiene is an issue for sure, but the teeth she knocked out...hmmm..replacing teeth is VERY expensive.  I guess her parents weren’t able to do it.  It’s in the thousands of dollars, so I get why it might have gone neglected.  

I had one implant and it was almost $4000. I have insurance but it was denied as they consider it "cosmetic". The tooth was a molar in the back of my mouth! When you see people with missing teeth or on Dr. Pimple Popper with huge growths or skin conditions, insurance won't pay and they can't afford the out of pocket costs. Oh my insurance did pay for the removal of the cracked tooth. Big deal 😖

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

If Amy wants her son to grow up with a father, she better tell her sister to get off her ass and walk, because that's too much on Michael, pushing her.

See, that is what bothers me too. When Michael was trying to get her up that little incline into the restaurant, she just sits there like a lump when she can get up and walk in. It would not be that far. Just get up walk into the restaurant let him bring the chair into the restaurant and sit back down.  Her brother would have told her to walk in.

As libgirl2 said, if Amy and Michael don't hold their ground, she is going to take them all down.  Does Amy want her son standing around watching about his mother clean auntie Tammy's ass because she can't clean herself?  We have seen this time and time again with 600 pounders.

And Tammy can say till she's blue but they don't need to babysit her. She calls Amy to bring her food.  So I am not buying her "independence."

Edited by Kid
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, Kid said:

As libgirl2 said, if Amy and Michael don't hold their ground, she is going to take them all down.  Does Amy want her son standing around watching about his mother clean auntie Tammy's ass because she can't clean herself?  We have seen this time and time again with 600 pounders.

Sadly, I thought about all the My 600 lb Life right away. Does Amy want her son to not only watch but help? 

• Love 4
On 2/16/2021 at 7:34 AM, Shauna said:

When Tammy started with "I try to brush at least twice....", I thought she was going to say twice a day.  I about fell off my bed when she said twice a week. 

Apparently Jerry doesn't kiss her. That leaves pretty much nothing for Jerry to do in the "romance" department. Unless he's still trying to find her honey pot. Try GPS Jerry.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Its more expensive for front teeth.  I have a tooth closer to the back, and for that ONE tooth, its about 4k, all inclusive.  

My brother's front tooth got knocked out a few years ago.  He went to a pretty fancy pants oral surgeon/dentist.  It cost him 10k to get the implant.  I think the front teeth are harder because a) they are so visible that if you mess it up, you can really see it, so it has to be perfect and b) the teeth up in front are thinner and the gums aren't as thick as it is for the teeth in the back, so it can be complicated.  

All things considered, Tammy may be better off with a bridge or some other solution.  My brother's tooth looks great, but I think his tooth may be worth more than my car.  LOL.  

43 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Apparently Jerry doesn't kiss her. That leaves pretty much nothing for Jerry to do in the "romance" department. Unless he's still trying to find her honey pot. Try GPS Jerry.

LOL, she may have put in the effort for Jerry.  Which means that the twice a week may be an average, with daily brushes over the week Jerry was in town and like 2 monthly brushes the rest of the year.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kid said:

See, that is what bothers me too. When Michael was trying to get her up that little incline into the restaurant, she just sits there like a lump when she can get up and walk in. It would not be that far. Just get up walk into the restaurant let him bring the chair into the restaurant and sit back down.  Her brother would have told her to walk in.

And Tammy can stay till she's blue but they don't need to babysit her. She calls Amy to bring her food.  So I am not buying her "independence."

I think its why Tammy needs a home health aide.  On my 600 pound life, they are often friendly, but not overly attached.  they are there to do a job and move onto the next patient.  Tammy might prefer it because the ones I've seen are pretty non-judgmental and they will just bring the person their food, and make sure they are bathed.  

Tammy isn't stupid, she knows she is a food addict, and if she really wanted to make changes I think she would check herself into a program.  But, in a way I feel sorry for her, she has so long to go to even be normal.  I maybe wanna lose like 15-20 pounds and even thats a struggle.  For her, its probably like being at the bottom of Mount Everest and challenging yourself to climb it, when you know you could just as easily be at home watching Bridgerton on Netflix.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags because the story says it was part of Monday's episode, but I don't remember seeing it that way, & from the comments I don't think other people saw it that way.

Spoiler

1000-Lb. Sisters' Star Tammy Wasn't Rejected By Jerry Over Pansexuality

Jerry Sykes tells us ... yes he did leave Tammy and end their relationship -- as depicted in Monday night's episode on TLC -- but it's not for the reason everyone may think ... namely that she revealed she's attracted to all types of people, which seemed to throw him off.

I don't remember him ending the relationship, just leaving from the visit, so I'm confused.

Also, this show must be getting pretty popular if TMZ is doing stories on them.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, kassa said:

As for missing Jerry holding her at night... I'm heavier than I want to be. I have slept on a remote control without realizing it.  Unless he's holding on for dear life, I can't imagine Jerry's touch registering much.

You’d think after 5 years together he’d be used to me blurting out laughter, but I just scared the bejesus out of my poor little dog, thanks to this!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2021 at 7:34 AM, Shauna said:

When Tammy started with "I try to brush at least twice....", I thought she was going to say twice a day.  I about fell off my bed when she said twice a week.  Unbelievable.  My gums would be swollen and bleeding if I brush twice a week.  That is just so nasty.  Never mind flossing.  I bet she never does that. 

I was disappointed to see that Tammy could actually walk (down the hall in the dentist's office).  I'm disappointed because why doesn't she do this more often?  She's always shown in the wheelchair.  I understand it is painful, but come on.  It's only a matter of time before she is in bed without mobility. 

Huge difference in tone when Tammy talks to Chris versus Amy.  So much anger when talking to Amy.  If I was Amy, I'd be done with Tammy.  Jealousy is seething from Tammy. 

I sadly know someone like this.  Her daughter has the same brushing, um, routine.  I find it veru disturbing on many levels.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:49 PM, snarkish said:

As everyone else, I almost fell off the couch when Tammy announced "Twice a...week". I brush my teeth twice a day, minimum. I can't even go to sleep if I haven't brushed. I think it's a habit from not getting braces until I was 19 and wanting to do everything right. Also, I tend towards getting more buildup than usual so I go overboard. People that don't have this issue, like my husband, and often forget to brush 2X a day drive me batty. Here I am using an electric toothbrush, a handheld scaler for tough spots, expensive toothpaste (Colgate Optic White really does help a lot, and is $7 a tube!) and getting cleanings 2-3 times a year, and people like Tammy make me ill. Come to think of it, I ate tacos for dinner and I can't stand my breath just from that and will brush as soon as I post this...how can she eat all that garbage and stand her own mouth? Her crotch must be something else!

I almost fell off of the bed when I heard "twice a week" for brushing her teeth. Don't most people have a very funny taste in your mouth when you wake up and dont brush your teeth??? Also considering all of the junk food she eats.....not even once a day??!!

• Love 5
On 2/16/2021 at 2:57 PM, DanaMB said:

find it so interesting Tammy never pops off at him when he calls her out but she’s downright mean

I like Chris as well, but I think Tammy's treatment of Amy is because Amy loves to torment Tammy, harass her about her Walker, and rub it in that she's the thinner of the two. And Amy always makes these so-called "jokes" at Tammy's expense, even though she knows it hurts Tammy. Amy's always pointing out how heavy Tammy is in comparison to her (like shes a model?!) Or she chides Tammy about portions while comparing her to some absurd large item. Chris doesn't do that to Tammy. He empathizes with the struggle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I sadly know someone like this.  Her daughter has the same brushing, um, routine.  I find it veru disturbing on many levels.

It saddens me that Tammy doesn't even know enough to lie and say she brushes once a day. No shame with these two women.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, GaT said:

I'm going to put this in spoiler tags because the story says it was part of Monday's episode, but I don't remember seeing it that way, & from the comments I don't think other people saw it that way.

Hide contents

1000-Lb. Sisters' Star Tammy Wasn't Rejected By Jerry Over Pansexuality

I don't remember him ending the relationship, just leaving from the visit, so I'm confused.

Also, this show must be getting pretty popular if TMZ is doing stories on them.

Doesn't anyone else question this use of the word pansexual. Or is she just talking about people she's met on the internet? I can fall in love with anyone regardless of gender, but that doesn't mean I want to have sex with them. I question her use of the word pansexual as opposed to unconditional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I like Chris as well, but I think Tammy's treatment of Amy is because Amy loves to torment Tammy, harass her about her Walker, and rub it in that she's the thinner of the two. And Amy always makes these so-called "jokes" at Tammy's expense, even though she knows it hurts Tammy. Amy's always pointing out how heavy Tammy is in comparison to her (like shes a model?!) Or she chides Tammy about portions while comparing her to some absurd large item. Chris doesn't do that to Tammy. He empathizes with the struggle.

And this is why they need therapy separately.  That one session they had together was pointless, that's why Tammy shut down. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

Doesn't anyone else question this use of the word pansexual. Or is she just talking about people she's met on the internet? I can fall in love with anyone regardless of gender, but that doesn't mean I want to have sex with them. I question her use of the word pansexual as opposed to unconditional.

I'm confused by that term, too, but in a different way.  I would never think that one would separate people who are transgendered from whichever gender they've become physically or emotionally.  I know that no one in our family thinks of our transgender nephew as anything but a son, a brother, a husband, a father.  Is "pansexual" a term one uses to indicate "trans is OK" in one's tinder ads?

When I first heard it, my mind went to bestiality or objectiality.  I thought "bisexuality" covered people, whichever sex they are.  I hope I'm not being insensitive, but I genuinely don't understand this.  Does one use the pansexual label for people other than transsexuals?   "Pan" means "everything," so what else is there?  Is it restricted to the human species?  To living things?

• Love 6

Pansexual now means that someone is attracted to others regardless of the other person's gender.   While the term bisexual is still in use, some folks consider it too rooted to the idea of binary genders, that is, male and female.  With folks identifying as non-binary, agender and the like, pansexual includes those persons also.   That is why, to my mind, it would have been better if Tammy had said she doesn't care about the person's gender rather than referencing transgender persons.  However, I would not expect Tammy to be well versed in the language or the detailed definitions of gender and sexuality terminology. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Pansexual now means that someone is attracted to others regardless of the other person's gender.   While the term bisexual is still in use, some folks consider it too rooted to the idea of binary genders, that is, male and female.  With folks identifying as non-binary, agender and the like, pansexual includes those persons also.   That is why, to my mind, it would have been better if Tammy had said she doesn't care about the person's gender rather than referencing transgender persons.  However, I would not expect Tammy to be well versed in the language or the detailed definitions of gender and sexuality terminology. 

Thanks.  I think there ought to be another term, though.  Or maybe no terms at all, for any of us.

Love is love is love.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Thanks.  I think there ought to be another term, though.  Or maybe no terms at all, for any of us.

Love is love is love.

"sexually fluid" or "fluid sexuality" is what comes to my mind as an alternative term.  

There are all sorts of newer sexualities that I don't understand.  Someone said they were demisexual the other day and I just rolled with it real cool like because I didn't want to admit that I didn't know what it meant.  

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Someone said they were demisexual the other day and I just rolled with it real cool like because I didn't want to admit that I didn't know what it meant.  

Demi sexual means that they rarely experience sexual attraction and do so only after the presence of an intense emotional connection. 

I have no problem with Tammy identifying as pansexual- but how was that a secret? Wasn’t that on her dating profile on the website?

• Love 3
On 2/19/2021 at 2:33 AM, Chalby said:

It will be interesting to see which one of these sisters gains the most weight after Amy's kid is born. I think Amy will continue to use her excuse about the baby being the reason for her weight gain issues.

And Amy will get pregnant again, ASAP. 

• Love 3

Sorry, but that whole “secret” storyline was lame. If she’s as committed to Jerry as she claims, who cares what sexual she is? Her supposed pansexual status includes Jerry as someone she would be attracted to, so it changes nothing and doesn’t matter. I thought she was going to say she was attracted to women. That would’ve been way more fun, lol!

• Love 2

“Watched” (fast forwarded) the supersized episode.  The first bonus scene was in the dentist’s office and I don’t need to see any more of Tammy’s mouth than we were shown the first time.  The second was on the “date” when Amy ordered a sweet tea and Tammy decided to have one too.  Amy told her she wasn’t supposed to have that and of course Tammy threw a fit saying the doctor only told her to cut back and she was allowed one sweet drink a day.  I could have missed something since I fast forward as quickly as possible scanning for the words Bonus Scene!!

Edited by Caoimhe
  • Love 2
On 2/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Thanks.  I have a transman in my extended family, and I think I am always up-to-date on the latest terminology, but every time I think I have it, it seems to change a bit.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:16 PM, RealReality said:

Its more expensive for front teeth.  I have a tooth closer to the back, and for that ONE tooth, its about 4k, all inclusive.  

My brother's front tooth got knocked out a few years ago.  He went to a pretty fancy pants oral surgeon/dentist.  It cost him 10k to get the implant.  I think the front teeth are harder because a) they are so visible that if you mess it up, you can really see it, so it has to be perfect and b) the teeth up in front are thinner and the gums aren't as thick as it is for the teeth in the back, so it can be complicated.  

All things considered, Tammy may be better off with a bridge or some other solution.  My brother's tooth looks great, but I think his tooth may be worth more than my car.  LOL.  

They may be better off than they appear since they have that youtube channel.  Someone told me how much some of these people make, and I was absolutely shocked.  Also the dentist is getting a little publicity from the show. 

I was almost scared to watch the "supersized" version of this episode as I was sure it would be some horrible dental procedure that we didn't see originally, and it was.  It was the dentist making the impressions.  I guess it could have been worse, but I had a friend who was in dental hygiene school when we were in college and she made impressions of my mouth at least once.  I kept them for a while and used it as an ash tray.   I did like the bonus scene at the baby shower, because we got to see what they got.  Someone gave them a stuffed sloth which was very cute.  It was much nicer to watch that than the "what's in the diaper game."  I think the third bonus was a discussion of why Amy was drinking sweet iced tea at the restaurant, and why Tammy shouldn't have ordered sweet iced tea, too.  That could have been in the original , but it was late and my melatonin had kicked in so I was barely awake.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Shauna said:

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but:  WHO BRUSHES THEIR TEETH TWICE A WEEK!  What else does she have to do?  Its not like she's busy.

I feel guilty if I fall asleep (or my lazy ass doesn't feel like getting out of bed to do it) and I miss brushing once a week.  Then the next morning I curse myself out and brush extra good. 

Also it makes me think even more about how these folks who eat SO much must not even taste their food because they eat so fast. I can’t even stand to drink coffee or water before I brush in the morning. I want everything to taste good!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Thanks.  I have a transman in my extended family, and I think I am always up-to-date on the latest terminology, but every time I think I have it, it seems to change a bit.

Me too.  I was truly surprised by "pansexual" and then by the other terms of sexual specificity I learned here.  I was scratching my grizzled old head about why people would need to announce with such precision who they enjoyed sex with, and then it dawned on me:  so many people meet online these days, and they may become deeply interested in each other without the kind of getting to know one another--which would reveal without announcement what sort of sex a person wanted to have--that it probably is best to state upfront what a person is looking for in terms of love.  There's no body language, no "feel" that you get about someone you meet in person, as well as the kind of thing that may even be suggested on a first real-life meeting.  So I consider myself puzzled (and a little disapproving) no more--I'm all for these very specific self-applied labels used by people trying to find love in these modern times.

And again--the things you learn on the internet!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

The first bonus scene was in the dentist’s office and I don’t need to see any more of Tammy’s mouth than we were shown the first time.  

The dentist actually had an examination chair big enough for Tammy? Or did Tammy just stay in her wheelchair? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

The dentist actually had an examination chair big enough for Tammy? Or did Tammy just stay in her wheelchair? 

Not only did she not stay in her wheelchair, she left it in the lobby and waddled down the hall to the exam room or whatever dentists call their rooms.  It looked like a normal dental chair but they had the arm rests up to help support her.  Regular dental chairs only support up to 500 pounds so I guess this would have to be one of the special size ones unless he was able to have it modified to handle a higher weight.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Accommodating-dental-patients-who-live-large-3555645.php

• Love 1
On 2/22/2021 at 8:18 AM, chenoa333 said:

I think she asked if it would hold her and he said they had checked.  So obviously a lot of advanced work was done (as would be expected for filming).

• Love 2