Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E07: Week 7

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Arkay said:

My thoughts exactly. Matt and Tyler are in a swanky apartment in Manhattan now, both looking to increase their exposure as models. How great it would be for them to get in tight with a famous designer. Kit is savvy enough to know that they were using each other, and she cut bait when she felt she'd enhanced her own social profile enough. 

Jessenia and Pieper were really nasty to Heather, as you say, just as Victoria and Anna and Serena C. were to the second wave of women, so I'm fine with them getting the boot.  Serena C. is falling in love with him? She's never had any time with him at all.

I thought there was a chance he might have kept Chelsea. Such a beautiful and classy woman. 

I hate hate hate these moves that give such mixed messages to the women he's about to send home. Hand on Abigail's leg, waving the rose in Jessenia's face. No, no, no Matt. Put the hand down, put the rose down. 

1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

Is Abigail the first person to receive the first impression rose to never get a one-on-one date? She seemed like a very nice girl, wonder what happened there. 

Agree with all the above. If I were Matt, I would have given roses to Abigail and Chelsea, not Jessenia and Pieper. I get that Heather just came out of nowhere so it's more complicated giving her a rose over the ladies who've been there for longer, but I like her as well. 

2 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Chelsea strutted out of there like a model owning the runway.  What a beautiful woman!

I thought the same!

• Love 4

This season has felt like it's been dragging on forever with all the filler and manufactured drama, so I'm glad next week is hometowns, i.e. there's finally a light at the end of this tunnel.

I wonder if Bri's "I quit my job" move was intended as a Bachelorette audition rather than to win points with Matt. It's very similar to what Ali Fedotowski did on Jake's season, down to possibly the same "high profile social media" employer.

Jessenia, if you have to tell a man to lift you onto the hood of a race car and kiss you, that means he's not into you. She just made herself look stupid with the love confession after that.

I'm surprised that he got rid of Pieper; they seemed to have the best physical chemistry. It's almost like he doesn't want to end up with someone who's really into him so that it will be easier to break off the relationship after the show.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Matt: "Abigail, I liked you so much from the beginning that I ignored you and fell in love with some other women. My bad."

How had no one snapped this winner up already?

I guess I'd better go marry Abigail now.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Rainsong said:

Crickets – always the same crickets at the same pitch in the same numbers. Apparently the producers and sound engineers think we need crickets for all night scenes because we’re too thick to notice it’s dark. 

7 hours ago, Rainsong said:

There are the crickets again. Maybe some of us have spent more time in the country than others but memo to production: crickets eventually quiet down especially when it’s late and cold.

I've noticed the crickets all this season.  I live in Western PA, not far from Nemacolin.  Trust me, we don't hear crickets in October.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

So in other words, this episode is just like all the others.

Yes. I’m still traumatized by the Carly and Farmer whoseit date. Why do they do this? That poor girl was so uncomfortable. And she totally jerked her head back when he tried to slobber kiss her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

Matt: "Abigail, I liked you so much from the beginning that I ignored you and fell in love with some other women. My bad."

How had no one snapped this winner up already?

I guess I'd better go marry Abigail now.

And I’ll marry Michelle, though I’m not romantically into ladies. She’s just such a catch! Putting her in my top 5 bachelorettes if all time. I won’t be surprised if she parlays the show into something bigger than shilling diarrhea tea on IG. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

And I’ll marry Michelle, though I’m not romantically into ladies. She’s just such a catch! Putting her in my top 5 bachelorettes if all time. I won’t be surprised if she parlays the show into something bigger than shilling diarrhea tea on IG. 

Who can we get to pay for our double wedding?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Do all the of the families have to quarantine before the hometown dates?

I can’t really get angry at how Matt picks up the rose to reject because who knows if it’s producer choreographed.  I feel like it’s more and more scripted each time I watch (I don’t watch every season) like how he says he plans the yoga date.  Right.  

• Love 5

Truly it is all you guys and your commenting that is making me get through this season! (Cue the Katie ‘I thank you for your feedback’ gif). I can’t help but compare this season to Tayshia’s season and it is like night and day.  By the time it was her hometown dates, I actually felt her connections with the guys and I was invested in them.  She actually seemed to like them as well in a genuine ‘I’d hang out with you even if we weren’t in quarantine’ way and the men seemed to like each other as well.  I get zero feelings from Matt that he likes any of the remaining women or that the women like each other.  There is no playfulness among them. No glimpses of genuine camaraderie between the women or between Matt and his final 4.   It could be the cast never gelled due to all the unnecessary producer drama.  I’m just feeling blah about this season.  

Oh and Kit, you sweet summer child, your 5 year plan of graduating, traveling, and then starting a family is called becoming an adult and it’s not going to go that smooth.  I’m not mocking her either!  She was just so earnest and wide-eyed that my cynical 42 for a few more weeks self wanted to hug that innocence. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Jessenia, if you have to tell a man to lift you onto the hood of a race car and kiss you, that means he's not into you. She just made herself look stupid with the love confession after that.

Oof, I had the same reaction. That was uncomfortable. And they kept using that clip in the previews throughout the season, so to find out that it wasn't exactly a spontaneous makeout on the hood of a car and in fact she had to prompt him to do it, yikes. 

I came to really like Kit by the end - she came across really well on Rachel and Becca's podcast and once the in-house cattiness died down, she seemed generally pretty decent. But man, so many of the things she says remind me that she is so young. "I have a plan and I don't want to have kids until at least 24, 25" made me laugh out loud. Which isn't meant as a criticism - she is so young - but it just kind of highlights that a 21-year-old should not be on this show. 

I kind of loved Pieper refusing to give Matt the big goodbye he was clearly looking for when he walked her out. I'm pretty sure that's more or less how I'd react too in that situation - just get me the fuck out of here as fast as possible. 

I can't figure out why the dates this season have been so boring. They have a whole estate in the woods and seem to have a lot of resources at their disposal for farms, ice skating, hot air balloons, ziplining, ATVs, canoeing, tons of open space, so why do so many of the dates seem so blah? I was expecting a lot more from the Nemacolin setting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Major culling of the field tonight. What was even the point of the Heather detour?

I thought Serena was going home. She was straight up “I hated this date with you, and also I really don't want to kiss you.” I wish more people would say that to the lead’s face. She’s been one of my favorites since week 1, so I’m glad she got the one-on-one rose.

Jessenia, on the other hand, received the one-on-one snatch-back. She's been circling the bottom of my list since week 1, but something about Matt holding the rose in front of her face while rejecting her just seemed unnecessarily mean. It's okay to leave the rose on the table while telling someone who just said she loves you that there are a half dozen women you like better.

Abigail and Kit said they were done with this mess. Sights set on the next step of this franchise. Peace out.

• Love 5
Just now, Alexander Pope said:

I believe he was Mushroom on the last season of Masked Singer.  He was my favorite. He can really sing and has a helluva falsetto too.

Oh! Mushroom was my favorite! Goes to show how quickly I forgot, though, since I’ve “never heard of this guy.” Also explains why I was immediately impressed with a Bachelor performance for The First Time in Bachelor History. Aloe Blacc. I’ll need to look this guy up. My favorite singer that I’ve never heard a single one of his songs before. Granted, haven’t really left my house in a year, so I can’t say that I’ve listened to the radio at all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

can't figure out why the dates this season have been so boring. They have a whole estate in the woods and seem to have a lot of resources at their disposal for farms, ice skating, hot air balloons, ziplining, ATVs, canoeing, tons of open space, so why do so many of the dates seem so blah? I was expecting a lot more from the Nemacolin setting. 

I think a lot of them were at least partially boring because Matt was on them.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Chelsea strutted out of there like a model owning the runway.  What a beautiful woman!

Even my husband noticed the difference between Chelsea's runway exit and Serena C's strange struggle walking in heels, looking at the ground, veering to the left exit.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

I kind of loved Pieper refusing to give Matt the big goodbye he was clearly looking for when he walked her out. I'm pretty sure that's more or less how I'd react too in that situation - just get me the fuck out of here as fast as possible. 

She was ticked off. Not even a “bye” or a hug. She couldn’t wait to get in the car. 

Does Matt keep licking his lips and rolling his tongue around because he’s salivating over the women or is it some weird tic? His eyes look glazed over too. 

• LOL 1

Serena P is so not feeling Matt. 😂 Respect to her for being honest about the yoga one-on-one date. This is definitely a situation where Matt is more into her than she is him.

It sucks that Abigail never got a one-on-one date, especially after having gotten the first impression rose. She was overlooked and never really got a fair shot. I would've liked to have seen her in the F4 over sundown town. 

Chelsea is a stunner. I can only wish to move as graceful as her in heels (and barefoot!). 

Michelle is so charming. Loved the outtake of her dropping for some pushups to ensure her arms looked good during the rose ceremony. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

My solution for Heather: Just go back home and wait for Matt's season to be over. He'll be single then and you can date him all you want. Except cameras won't be on you, and that's a problem for famewhores, so there's that.

If Matt heard all about Heather from Hannah, then why didn't they get together then.

So much BS. Even the script writers suck this season.

Drinking game: Down one every time the word "heart" is said.

The drinking game idea is good, but i suggest Down one every time Matts Mitt lands on a bachlorettes exposed  thigh. 

• LOL 6
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

They could at least put a pizza and something to drink in the Bye-Bye Wagon.

Well they do kinda, only its a can of pringles, 2 slimjims and a bottle of Costco's water.

Edited by drkshades
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

1: anybody else feel that if Matt was really wanting "true love" with one of the women, he allready sent the right one home and not known it?

2: he is not looking for a life love, he is looking for quick one niter.  

3: girls are spilling the beans about thier life on the one/ones...love,kids,future, past, present.....the whole time Matt is bobbin his head up and down, with his big paw placed on the thigh of the future Mrs Matt, and he is thinkin " just one night baby, thats all im askin"   LOL..

4: shoulda stuck with Serena C, if only for one good night of freaky deaky sex, before they call off the engagement after two days. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, DEL901 said:
19 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I thought Abigail had to read lips but she wasn’t looking at him through most of that dump.

She has a Coclear implant.  She can hear now.  

I, too, noticed that she wasn't looking at him.  But even if a cochlear implant restores hearing, it can still be a struggle to understand speech (same with people who have hearing loss but aren't deaf).  Reading lips can be a big assist.

Also, they were in a close, quiet, one-on-one situation.  That always makes it easier to understand the other person.

BTW, even if she is good at hearing and uses lip-reading only intermittently, she was smart to declare it up front.  Deafness is invisible to others (unlike, say, blindness), and people don't mean to, but they just forget.  So anything you can do to impress on their brains that you have trouble hearing can't hurt.

• Love 3

I am willing to bet that the producers sent Heather to mingle with the ladies, and had Matt watch the reaction.  The most vocal were Serena C., Piper and Jessenia and interestingly, not long after, they were unceremoniously dumped.  I don't believe it was a coincidence.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I agree.  If they actually provided Slim Jim’s more of the contestants would want to leave early instead of getting stuck with the lead for another week.

Not if the contestant is a vegetarian or vegan.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

He kept leading her on too, telling her he could see a future with her.  I am assuming they had a one on one but I honestly can't remember it at all!

Telling someone you see a future with them in real life : adorable & meaningful . 

Telling someone you see a future with them on the bachelor : eye roll & monotonous. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Telling someone you see a future with them in real life : adorable & meaningful . 

Telling someone you see a future with them on the bachelor : eye roll & monotonous. 

Yes, like when the women were incredulous that “Matt had said he saw his wife in this room” so how dare Heather show up now. Well, no shit, the producers made him say that—just like they made him wave that rose in front of Jessina and say, “From the first night we met...” I followed all my trope lines, and all I got was this lousy Slim Jim.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, phlebas said:
14 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Who can we get to pay for our double wedding?

Wes, of course. "Love, it don't come easy"!

ETA: I misread "pay" for "play"! As for paying, ABC of course!

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 6

Heather's hair drives me INSANE. Cut it. Style it. You're in formal wear, do something with your hair. It's always the same, and was always the same on Colton's season. Long, blonde hair. Great if you're casual. You're in an evening gown, perhaps try. ARGH!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Dena0033 said:

Heather's hair drives me INSANE. Cut it. Style it. You're in formal wear, do something with your hair. It's always the same, and was always the same on Colton's season. Long, blonde hair. Great if you're casual. You're in an evening gown, perhaps try. ARGH!

I wonder if it's her real hair and she doesn't mess with it too much to keep it healthy. I love the look of curled hair, but I wonder if it's worth the damage sometimes. 

• Love 2

In Bachelor Land, people are required to say out loud the stages they experience with their feelings:

"I'm starting to fall for you"

"I'm falling for you"

"I'm falling in love with you"

"I am in love with you"

and these all lead up to the "I Love you"  which is the phrase that is not supposed to be spoken until the very end .

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

They have had "tantric yoga"  and similar dates on past seasons, and it always looks so wrong.  Being directed to do poses where your crotch is right up against someone else's crotch, when it's your first date ?  In the real world, if a guy suggested this as a first date, I hope most women would run away fast.  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I love Pringle’s and slim Jim’s. Two is pretty generous. 

Many road trips have been fueled by Pringles and Slim Jims. It's enough to tide a person over but still leave room for the giant plate meal at a diner later in the day.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Wes, of course. "Love, it don't come easy"!

ETA: I misread "pay" for "play"! As for paying, ABC of course!

They say love, it don’t come easy. He only sang that one dumb line, every time. That season was amazing!  Jillian really knew how to move things along and was just having a great time. 

• Love 8
On 2/15/2021 at 9:56 PM, Katie111 said:

How can next week be hometowns?  This is the quickest season ever.  (Thank God!).   How could he possibly go to any of these families and say he’s falling in love and ask the father for then girls hand.  He hasn’t spent more than 2 hours with any of these girls.   Even the one on ones have been some short activity that requires almost no interaction with each other and then a fake dinner.  No one has snuck in his room for some extra one on one time.  He’s had the same kissing scene with every contestant, nothing stands out as even remotely passionate.   Every season is bad but this one is just so scripted, it’s awful.  

I don’t see any romance with any of them. I can’t figure out if he isn’t into the women or they aren’t into him, but there is no chemistry. The editors are going to have to work hard to create the fairy tale proposal. Even Rachel doesn’t seem that excited about him and she appears to be the front-runner. 

Matt looks distracted and bored in most of scenes until he leans in for the disgusting kiss. Maybe he’s kissing them to get them to stop talking, because he’s clearly not interested in what they’re saying. 

I don’t understand why they wasted time with the Heather drama. All that and then she’s out in one episode. They must be desperate to fill time. 

I liked Chelsea and wish she was still there. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8

I'm sure they are directed to pick the rose up before they deliver their decision.  It's cruel, but from a photographic point of view I can understand it. ***"See that rose on the table over there?" Points. Camera shot of rose. "I"m not giving it to you."*** If they've seen the show before they should know that the rose is always brought into camera view.

• Love 5

I'm sad that he let Abigail go, I was really rooting for her as a fellow hearing impaired girl.  I think that she is a very kind hearted, naturally pretty girl and she will definitely find the one some day.  I really liked how Piper and Chelsea had powerful runway style walks to the car, it is so much better than putting a fake smile on and trying to absolve the ex from guilt in his decision.  I love the term a poster came up with for "the bye bye wagon" 😄 Everybody should have one! I had my own a year or so ago- I was blindsided by a breakup, and as he was doing a dismissive speech in the dark front seat of his car, I secretly ordered an Uber and minutes later said, "Gotta cut you off, Jason from Uber is driving me home!" I slammed that door and walked tall to that ride across the street. The Uber cost $19 that night, but keeping my dignity was priceless.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I love the term a poster came up with for "the bye bye wagon" 😄 Everybody should have one! I had my own a year or so ago- I was blindsided by a breakup, and as he was doing a dismissive speech in the dark front seat of his car, I secretly ordered an Uber and minutes later said, "Gotta cut you off, Jason from Uber is driving me home!" I slammed that door and walked tall to that ride across the street. The Uber cost $19 that night, but keeping my dignity was priceless.  

Wouldn't it be great if the contestants were allowed to have phones and could order an Uber during a date they're not enjoying? "You want me to box/do tantric yoga/run an obstacle course in the mud wearing a bridal gown? No thanks, I'm out of here."

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

I watched the show a day late, and last night while trying to sleep, I was trying my damnedest to recall what stupid activity the girls on the group date did. I couldn't remember anything but them sitting around a couch. I thought I was having dementia — it was a complete blank. So I rewatched, only to discover there WAS no stupid activity portion of the date — no daytime portion at all. They must have edited it out because it was boring and nothing happened. This is the first time they edited it out completely.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, funnygirl said:

Serena P is so not feeling Matt. 😂 Respect to her for being honest about the yoga one-on-one date. This is definitely a situation where Matt is more into her than she is him.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, tennisgurl said:

Oh wow, she’s so not into this, it’s kind of amazing how honest she’s being. 

When Matt came to tell the ladies that Heather was not going to be staying, and they were all talking about how hot that was, Serena P said "I genuinely haven't been this attracted to him yet!"  Truth slip!

On 2/15/2021 at 8:23 PM, RealHousewife said:

Too much mean girl with most of the “OG” contestants. Hate the game, not the player. 

I was listening but not watching at one point...which girl called Heather 'bitch' to her face?

ETA: found out it was Kit

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Not if the contestant is a vegetarian or vegan.

I don't know. It'd be worth it to me. I'd eat a whole pack of Slim Jim's if it meant getting away from Matt.

3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

They must have edited it out because it was boring and nothing happened. This is the first time they edited it out completely.

Like the "farm date" where they completely skipped showing the "golden horseshoe search" except for the clip aired during credits. It's a pretty sad season when even the dates suck so much they aren't shown.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 2/15/2021 at 9:56 PM, Katie111 said:

How can next week be hometowns?  This is the quickest season ever.  (Thank God!).   How could he possibly go to any of these families and say he’s falling in love and ask the father for then girls hand.  He hasn’t spent more than 2 hours with any of these girls.   Even the one on ones have been some short activity that requires almost no interaction with each other and then a fake dinner.  No one has snuck in his room for some extra one on one time.  He’s had the same kissing scene with every contestant, nothing stands out as even remotely passionate.   Every season is bad but this one is just so scripted, it’s awful.  

On 2/16/2021 at 12:37 AM, Refresh said:

I'm not seeing a spark either. Maybe Michelle but not really in a romantic way. I feel like Matt is just emotionally closed off and it doesn't make for a very interesting love story.

Yeah it's a weird vibe this season. I do think Matt seems like a pretty nice guy - not a complete dud personality like Pilot Pete and not at all a disrespectful playboy like Juan Pablo or a famewhore or anything like that. But he just seems like what he kind of is: A guy who was pushed along into the role by his Bach-famous friends instead of a guy who was actively seeking out the role, or even seeking out a relationship.

He seems like he would've been cool with finding love on the show, but if it doesn't happen he won't be phased at all. In my opinion he's just been a passive observer. He could've had a better shot at finding at least ONE meaningful relationship if someone was shepherding him through the process and facilitating conversations and stuff haha, but left to his own devices he's kinda just getting lost in it all and not establishing any connections. It's like he doesn't know how to have full back-and-forth conversations. And like I said, it's not even like he's cutting off the convos to make out because he's a horndog, it's more like he's just waiting for someone to tell him what he should be doing.

Edited by Cornhusker12
  • Love 13