Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: The Book of Reconstruction: Chapter Two: Unacceptable Losses

Trini
  • Start Topic

The war between the 100 and the Kobra Cartel rages on. Meanwhile, Lynn continues to be concerned about Jefferson. Lastly, Jennifer’s curiosity is piqued by a new boy at school.

The episode was written by Charles D. Holland and directed by Billie Woodruff.

Airdate: 2/15/2021

6.jpg

Edited by Trini

In brief: Team Lightning continues to drift apart. Freeland is still depressing as hell. Jefferson is still spiraling. Tobias is the only person in town having any fun. And the CW "forgets" to tease the next episode.

Yeah, there's other stuff, like Anissa making a platonic male friend, Grace going into Jaguar Mode (that probably isn't the big cat I'm describing, is it?). and Gambi uses his charm to infiltrate this season's shady corporation. But things are mostly the same.

I'm not complaining. I just can't keep finding new ways to say "Everything sucks." Especially Tobias taking a full-on lightning attack and not getting his suit singed, all thanks to whatever he's got injected into him this days.

• Love 3

Kind of weird that there was an Ambulance loading an injured person in the back on the scene, yet the family waited until two strangers were walking by to request treatment for their injured son.

Lynn, they have code names for a reason, that is why you shouldn't be in the field.

Is Grace out of her coma, looks like she is feeling "Grrrreat!"

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

In brief: Team Lightning continues to drift apart. Freeland is still depressing as hell. Jefferson is still spiraling. Tobias is the only person in town having any fun. And the CW "forgets" to tease the next episode.

Yeah, there's other stuff, like Anissa making a platonic male friend, Grace going into Jaguar Mode (that probably isn't the big cat I'm describing, is it?). and Gambi uses his charm to infiltrate this season's shady corporation. But things are mostly the same.

I'm not complaining. I just can't keep finding new ways to say "Everything sucks." Especially Tobias taking a full-on lightning attack and not getting his suit singed, all thanks to whatever he's got injected into him this days.

These people really dont get to breathe do they? Freeland just keeps going downhill.

Good job on the cgi though...looks better than what Titans gave us over 2 seasons w/ a CGI tiger. 

All the effects in general keep being pretty damn good. I enjoyed Anissa/Jennifer confronting Lynn about her going into the field. If you are going to confront someone about it...that's how you do it (Oliver). 

Im assuming that Jennifer is still attending high school (or did she graduate during the hiatus?) but I do miss her leading a life outside of Lightning even though I love her as Lightning.

Everything Anissa keeps being great. She's the shows strongest character and most promising that its ridiculous that they arent spinning her off into her own show where she can learn to be out of her fathers shadow.

• Love 2

Lynn's therapist is right, she really need to get a life outside of work and her family. Maybe if she had some friends or a hobby or something, she wouldn't be following her daughters around during their vigilante side hustle or getting so lost in her work. Its really be an issue with Lynn, she gets obsessed with her job or how families issues then bad things follow. I know a lot is going on, but damn, join a book club! Take up jogging! Get out of the house/lab! No one likes it when their mom shows up at work telling them how to do their job! 

Nice that Anissa made a friend, see Lynn friends are good. I do wonder if his talk about putting his dog down is implying that Anissa is thinking about pulling the plug on Grace, although putting your girlfriend down is certainly different than your dog, as terrible and traumatic as that is. 

Jefferson is really losing it, just as Freeland is losing it as well. It would be nice if the could go for a few days without falling apart, take a little break from the supervillains and gang wars. 

• Love 2

Lala in all the people that you want to destroy, you forgot Tobias. You have come back to death several times with the goal of killing him. Please do not forget this. Right now Black Lightning is out comission and Jefferson is spiraling. 

• Love 2

Man, of course the one time Gambi goes on a date (kind of) is when a major shootout happens and everything goes haywire.  And then get yelled at for not letting your clearly disturbed friend get information that will lead to him going half-cocked on some guy.  The life of a coms guy; especially on a superhero team; is never easy!

The therapist is right: Lynn probably could use some kind of hobby and not just spend her time either at work or fretting over her family.  Hell, at this point, maybe just a nice book read or show binge would due her good.  Of course, I could say that about all of the Pierce family right now.

Curious to see what is going to come over this feud between Lala and this new Destiny character.  Granted, I would be totally unsurprised if Lady Eve isn't actually gone for good, because she's been know to rise from the dead from time to time.

I wonder if Anissa's conversation with her new friend is leading to her considering "letting Grace go."

I get superheroing is fun, Jennifer, but you should at least think about college or what you are going to do going forward.  If nothing else, every good superhero as a day job/cover!

20 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I may be wrong, but I'm starting to wonder if the Pierce's therapist might be a shapeshifted Tobias, trying to push them apart under an innocent guise.

Probably not, but I can’t get that out of my head. “Jefferson, I want you to know that you’re safe here. Anything you say will not be relayed to Lynne. I’m saying this because I’m going to ask you a question, and I need you to keep an open mind. (deep breath) Have you ever thought of getting a side bitch?”

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2

[So I wonder if the episode description was just wrong, or is that Jen subplot is for the next episode?]

It's only been two episodes, but I hope Jeff is not going to be like this for most of the season. There's no set schedule for grief, but it's been a year (even if we the audience didn't see it). I'm not saying he should just get over everything, but even he must know that his behavior is more harm than good - to himself and others. Glad he got yelled at by Gambi.

Therapy sessions aren't as exciting as fights, but it's good to have moments of calm and get the perspective of the characters.

Love to hate Tobias. He's sooo awful. Someone finally taking him out is on my list of things I need before the series ends. Almost thought his new henchman was Zsasz from Gotham, but - wow - it's another folicle-less actor in a DC show.

It's "funny" that now the writers Lynn is realizing that she has nothing outside of work and family; well, that's how you've been writing her for 3 seasons, show! But anything to stop her from injecting herself with powers.

So is this doctor friend of Anissa going to be significant later? Does anyone else at that hospital(?) notice that Grace randomly turns into a leopard sometimes??

Really, Jen? You're in the shared universe now; go ask all the other heroes how they pay bills. You need a day job!

Aw man, will we ever see Jill Scott/Lady Eve again? Of course a gang war is bad, but I like Destiny and Devonte. They should form they're own gang. But speaking of gangs, ummmm -- if it was that easy for Blackbird to just kidnap BOTH gang leaders, can't she just end them/arrest them and end this war?? That made no sense.

Shady Gambi doing what he does best! But will he actually get to have a relationship with this woman?

Really, no next episode promo? You'd think they'd want to promote any new DC content they have after this extra-long hiatus.

Edited by Trini
Dropped word -- this is why I shouldn't type in the AM!