Type keyword(s) to search

Raising Asia - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think this family is in for a rude awakening. Everyone - including Asia - is accustomed to Asia being the best . And it's true that she is above average in talent and charisma when it comes to dance. But acting and singing not so much.

It's interesting to me that they've put years  and years into her dancing to get her to a point where she's polished enough to perform in public. But when it comes to singing and acting, they figure a  couple of months of private coaching will suffice. Her singing is mediocre to good-ish at best. She can work at it and get better, but she isn't a natural talent in that area. It's definitely not anywhere near the same level as her dancing, and It's weird that they're planning to throw singing into her gigs, when she's not even remotely performance-ready. I can't figure out if they don't know how weak her singing is, or if they just assume (arrogantly) that because she's great in one area of the arts, she will of course be great at the others. Or maybe they assume (even more arrogantly) that she doesn't need to be great at it, she just needs to be sorta good and her charisma and "personality" will make up for the rest.

Hollywood is full of wannabe triple threats. Including Beyonce, whose acting leaves much to be desired.

• Love 2

I think this family is in for a rude awakening. Everyone - including Asia - is accustomed to Asia being the best . And it's true that she is above average in talent and charisma when it comes to dance. But acting and singing not so much.

It's interesting to me that they've put years  and years into her dancing to get her to a point where she's polished enough to perform in public. But when it comes to singing and acting, they figure a  couple of months of private coaching will suffice. Her singing is mediocre to good-ish at best. She can work at it and get better, but she isn't a natural talent in that area. It's definitely not anywhere near the same level as her dancing, and It's weird that they're planning to throw singing into her gigs, when she's not even remotely performance-ready. I can't figure out if they don't know how weak her singing is, or if they just assume (arrogantly) that because she's great in one area of the arts, she will of course be great at the others. Or maybe they assume (even more arrogantly) that she doesn't need to be great at it, she just needs to be sorta good and her charisma and "personality" will make up for the rest.

Hollywood is full of wannabe triple threats. Including Beyonce, whose acting leaves much to be desired.

It's that whole "total package" thing.  Did anyone else hear her father refer to her as his "investment"?

Edited by cassaundroll

Or maybe they assume (even more arrogantly) that she doesn't need to be great at it, she just needs to be sorta good and her charisma and "personality" will make up for the rest.

You mean like Britney Spears? ;-)

I too had the Gypsy vibe going. We just needed the three strippers singing "Gotta Have a Gimmick" and Herbie blowing his top. And Kristie does remind me of Momma Rose.

I apologize because this is off topic... But I just have to mention it. I grew up in dance, and when I was young we used "gotta have a gimmick"... I never thought about where the song came from... And now I feel scandalized that we used a song intended for strippers when I was 8 or 9.

• Love 1

Billy has one last chance to prove that he has what it takes to take Asia to the next level, but when Asia melts down just before her first singing performance at Planet Hollywood, everything Billy's been working toward could be derailed.

You mean like Britney Spears? ;-)

Bingo. The sad thing is, I think Kristie would look at Britney and say that's what she wants for Asia, and never consider the negative side of that. Britney herself went nuts, lost her way, dabbled with drugs, went through a major depression, and married and had kids with a loser who she'll be paying off for the rest of her life. She still doesn't have it together. Britney had a mother who was primarily focused on Britney's career at the expense of her other child, and allowed her oldest to be inappropriately sexualized when she was underage. (Sound familiar?) Britney's parents argued throughout her childhood and eventually divorced. (Does anybody think Asia's parents will still be together a few years from now?) Britney's younger sister, less talented, less pretty, and overshadowed, was encouraged to grab hold of Britney's coat tails to get whatever bit of fame she could and eventually got the attention she was craving by having a baby when she was way too young. Ditto Beyonce's younger sister. (Welcome to your future, Bella.)

Kristie's family is falling apart. She's going to lose her husband, and have big problems with both of her daughters. Asia is willful and I can easily see her going the Miley Cyrus route in her late teens. Bella will be majorly insecure and/or resent the hell out of both parents and sister. It seems inevitable because Kristie already knows she's not doing right by her family, and has decided it doesn't matter, so long as Asia is rich and famous at the end of it.

I hope (but don't believe) 20 years from now, this will have been worth it.

• Love 2

I only give them 5 to 10 years before the family is destroyed and Asia is a complete train wreck.  Hopefully they'll see themselves on TV as the narcissistic, fame whores that they are and make changes before it's completely too late.

Asia melts down?  You mean when she wanted a milkshake at the drive-thru and Kristie said no because of the "phlegm"?

I'd swear these people are all just play-acting a bad plot, but dang!  Billy seems genuinely upset.  Is he that good an actor?

sleepyjean, I agree with everything you're saying...and it just pisses me off because I totally blame Kristie if your analogy comes to fruition. Sad, actually, because I believe Asia is very talented. With the right guidance, she could be a contender. Unfortunately, her mother is pushing way too hard/too fast, even at the cost of her own marriage which as you stated is not going to last much longer at the rate she's going.

Seems the dad is afraid of his wife, so he's bullying poor Billy instead (classic displacement syndrome).  Billy does seem to be the only one interested in letting this girl be a little girl, however talented, at least until she reaches double digits.  Where do they get their money, BTW?  Not a cheap place to live, and pretty fancy cars they drive!  Not to mention all of the paid services.  Mom, get some comfortable flats; those heels are beyond ridiculous!

They must have saved up money when they both worked before the kids. The cars are probably leased, and the house might be paid for. They live close to LA so it's not hard for attractive people to create a stream of income. The mom was a fitness model, and the dad a bodybuilder. They both obv exercise and maintain their shapes, so maybe they still shoot fitness DVDs and stuff on the side.

The dad does fitness training, has his own business (was wearing a T-shirt of it in a later episode) where he does marketing and brand promotion for 2 other fitness companies. He used to be a world class bodybuilder, so he still gets paid speaking gigs and events. The mom is the one that doesn't do anything besides Asia.

Asia's gigs (except the ones she does for exposure), may also have $$$$ attached. An opening act can easily make $5-10 grand for an event if they re well managed. Although almost all that money goes to her manager, choreographer and other expenses, so her parents are still funding everything.

I feel like people are way too hard on them. You can see that Asia loves to perform. she may not like the controlling mom, but she shines on stage. I do agree that they are eroding her entire childhood too aggressively, and that she still needs to develop her singing and acting. But Even Beyoncé wasn't Beyoncé at 8. This is all stuff that comes with time.

My cousin had natural singing talent and was signing and booking shows when he was 6 years old. Once he became 9, he started disliking the attention and fame and he eventually quit. No matter what the parents wanted, he refused until they eventually let it go. If Asia wanted to quit, nothing can make her do it anymore...so as long as she loves it and it makes her happy, then more power to her.

I never watched AUDC so I don't know how they were there. However, previously in the episode Asia fell in the dance studio and twinged her knee. Even if it wasn't serious, the parents didn't want her over exerting herself and doing further damage. The party was the very next day, so to me it made sense. In that case I thought they were being protective like a real parent would be. I felt that if it was too overbearing the dad Shawn would have let Asia skate. If she hadn't fallen, she probably would have been right there.

And even though Asia was left out, it was nice that Bella had special time on her birthday with just her parents doing something that she enjoyed. I did feel sad for Asia, but I was happy for Bella Blue.

Kristie is like the Soup Nazi - "No yellow eggs for you!" "No dairy for you!"

lol they were drinking iced teas - decaf iced tea maybe?

Her mom could have ordered her a nice tea. I think sometimes the mom is very mean and controlling. Starbucks does have the Tazo Iced teas which have no caffeine, looks like the Aunty was drinking my favorite iced Passion Tea which does not have any caffeine. Felt bad for her there, even the Aunty seemed unconcerned.

I lasted 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure Daddy would prefer another Daddy and not a Mommy in his life, and why is that little girl doing sexy dance? It's like Honey boo boo with money except these people are fake and boring . Maybe they need fart contests to drum up interest? Very cute and talented girl but an awful personality.

• Love 1

I've been watching since ep01, and I've got a kind of concern regarding Asia's training :/ She's doing a lot of musculation, etc. and I've got the feeling that's too much.

Not that she shouldn't do that kind of training, it's important, but it's too much vs. her flexibility ! You can't have both when you train your body that way ! She's growing much too much muscles, and it's NOT compatible with the flexibility they're asking her... And I'm speaking of experience here....

• Love 1

"My friend Kelly Rowland wants you to open for her" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Oh that was funny. The whole family blathering on about Kelly, and Asia going on about how Kelly is a stepping stone to Beyonce. Why didn't anyone say "Hey, Anthony, how about you introduce Asia to your bestie?" Did it not occur to them to ask? After all, if Asia was going on right before Kelly, they'd have to be in close proximity for some period of time, right? I would be shocked to discover that Anthony had more than a passing acquaintance with KR. I bet Kelly couldn't pick Asia out of a lineup if you gave her a million dollars to do it. But I would love to see them meet and see the look on Kelly's face as Asia explained that Beyonce is her idol.

Meanwhile, it is very clear that Anthony has hitched his wagon to this train because he thinks Asia as his ticket to the big time.  All this hurt feelings and defensiveness reeked of desperation as the control (and dollars) were slipping out of his fingers.

It seems strange to me that a solo artist needs a creative director. Or even a personal/exclusive choreographer. Why don't we ever see Asia auditioning for any gigs? Or taking any classes? Doesn't every working dancer continue to take class? Isn't it a little early in Asia's career  to limit her performances to only those where she is the star? Isn't there something to be learned from being a working dancer in a variety of situations with different choreographers, different types of dancers, and different types of roles? If nothing else, it would do her good to learn how to share the spotlight.

Groove01.jpg

I see it , I see it. LOL

Sometimes she looks very attractive - sometimes.... well she's a full on Monet.... (Like Monet's paintings...Looks good from afar - but far from good close up).

In the episode with the tent dressing room .... she looked very haggard.

I will admit I felt bad for Asia and the episode when she was having a meltdown. It was obvious going into the performance, Asia was too happy go lucky and Christie been the loon that she is did not think that was appropriate. She is eight years old! Give her a freaking break. Even the sister who I thought was supposed to be the normal one kept trying to bring Asia down and tell her how serious this performance was. How does getting Asia freaked out and stressed out before the performance help anyone? So when Asia was crying and literally begged her mom to leave the room, Christie had to exert her power and domination. I honestly do not believe that anything Asia said in that conversation was inappropriate, disrespectful, or giving an attitude. She just wanted a minute to gather herself. But Christie had to instead throw all the camera-people out and yell at her daughter?? No wonder the sister ran to go get help. If she was my mom I would have told her to take a hike or else I would not be performing at all. I'm surprised that Christie allowed this to make the final cut because it really makes her look like a horrible mother and a stage mom with no compassion. Even the hug that Asia had to beg her for.....come on!

Then Billy comes in to save the day and all he did was a essentially tell Asia to suck it up and put on her big girl panties. Yes he did it in a very nice way, but I don't think he really validated what she was feeling. She had absorbed Christie's stress and that is why she was crying. I really wish that Sean had been there because he at least would have thrown Christie out of the room to allow Asia to calm down.

When Asia said in the talking head, that she really just wanted to do a good job at her performance and be a star, and make everyone happy, I felt so sorry for her. I know she does like performing and it seems like she really enjoys it but in that moment you could tell she absolutely despised everything. Even Beyoncé, was not Beyoncé at eight years old. This girl is essentially not going to have a childhood and Asia is just going to live her life letting her crackpot mom vicariously live through her to achieve her own dreams of being a megastar. Sad situation all around.

• Love 3

Meanwhile, it is very clear that Anthony has hitched his wagon to this train because he thinks Asia as his ticket to the big time.  All this hurt feelings and defensiveness reeked of desperation as the control (and dollars) were slipping out of his fingers.

It seems strange to me that a solo artist needs a creative director. Or even a personal/exclusive choreographer. Why don't we ever see Asia auditioning for any gigs? Or taking any classes? Doesn't every working dancer continue to take class? Isn't it a little early in Asia's career  to limit her performances to only those where she is the star? Isn't there something to be learned from being a working dancer in a variety of situations with different choreographers, different types of dancers, and different types of roles? If nothing else, it would do her good to learn how to share the spotlight.

All of them are hitching their wagon to Asia: the parents, Anthony, and Billy.

I think Anthony is asking to be the creative director because he does not want Billy to constantly keep overruling him and giving Asia the kiddie image. I kind of feel bad for Anthony because he's really doing his best to try to help Asia achieve her dreams, but since the whole entire family is on the Billy bandwagon she is just going to have to end up doing the Disney/Nickolodeon route. The Disney route is not bad and there are plenty of stars who have been able to accomplish megastar status with the Disney route. It just takes a lot longer.

Anthony just needs to step back or walk away. They don't appreciate him because they've never lost him. He needs to step away and let Billy tank, and the Rays will beg him to return.

I will admit I felt bad for Asia and the episode when she was having a meltdown. It was obvious going into the performance, Asia was too happy go lucky and Christie been the loon that she is did not think that was appropriate. She is eight years old! Give her a freaking break. Even the sister who I thought was supposed to be the normal one kept trying to bring Asia down and tell her how serious this performance was. How does getting Asia freaked out and stressed out before the performance help anyone? So when Asia was crying and literally begged her mom to leave the room, Christie had to exert her power and domination. I honestly do not believe that anything Asia said in that conversation was inappropriate, disrespectful, or giving an attitude. She just wanted a minute to gather herself. But Christie had to instead throw all the camera-people out and yell at her daughter?? No wonder the sister ran to go get help. If she was my mom I would have told her to take a hike or else I would not be performing at all. I'm surprised that Christie allowed this to make the final cut because it really makes her look like a horrible mother and a stage mom with no compassion. Even the hug that Asia had to beg her for.....come on!

Then Billy comes in to save the day and all he did was a essentially tell Asia to suck it up and put on her big girl panties. Yes he did it in a very nice way, but I don't think he really validated what she was feeling. She had absorbed Christie's stress and that is why she was crying. I really wish that Sean had been there because he at least would have thrown Christie out of the room to allow Asia to calm down.

When Asia said in the talking head, that she really just wanted to do a good job at her performance and be a star, and make everyone happy, I felt so sorry for her. I know she does like performing and it seems like she really enjoys it but in that moment you could tell she absolutely despised everything. Even Beyoncé, was not Beyoncé at eight years old. This girl is essentially not going to have a childhood and Asia is just going to live her life letting her crackpot mom vicariously live through her to achieve her own dreams of being a megastar. Sad situation all around.

I found Asia's meltdown (yet another) hard to watch. Her mom puts her under so much stress. Asia is going to really resent her mother and rebel one day and her mom isn't going to know what hit her. That poor girl is in for a catalog of issues with such an overbearing, high-strung mother.

Edited by tvallthetime
  • Love 3

Still needing to watch this one, but one thing that always stood out for me on DM was Asia's ability to accept criticism/correction without a lot of emotion. She took it in and made the necessary corrections (to the best of her ability).

If Billy simply came in and hold her to step back and breathe, that may actually be enough to calm her and bring her back to a better place - for the moment. Doesn't excuse what sounds like yet more horrendous behavior from her nutcase mother, though.

By the way, the fact that Billy is the one needing to "prove" himself says everything we need to know. Not saying he doesn't have his flaws, but he's the one person who seems to remember she's a child.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2
I think Anthony is asking to be the creative director because he does not want Billy to constantly keep overruling him and giving Asia the kiddie image.

True. Anthony, more than anyone, seems entirely focused on turning asia into a marketable"product" and being the one in control of that product.  I get that that happens in showbiz, and that talent needs to be "packaged" a certain way, but usually that's with adults who willingly sign up for it. Anthony is only interested in what he wants and what he thinks is right for Asia's career (and by extension, his own career.) The fact that she's in elementary school doesn't seem to register at all with him. That should scare her parents. Maybe it does. Maybe that's why the more he pushes, the more they pull away.

I think Anthony threw Asia awkwardly on purpose, out of anger at he parents he took it out on Asia.

I draw the line there. I don't think he would hurt her - or anyone else - deliberately. Not even Billy.

The show did not make the top 100 cable shows last night.

Well, that's bound to be the least surprising news I'll hear all day. I'll be very surprised if there's another season of this. Poor Asia, this was a bad decision on her mother's part. I bet she was so sure this show would catapult Asia to fame as America's little sweetheart, but it didn't work. Instead, it just revealed a dysfunctional family with messed up priorities, and a child who is talented and spunky, but lacks a certain charm, innocence and humility that makes you want to root for her.

• Love 1

"Why don't we ever see Asia auditioning for any gigs? Or taking any classes? Doesn't every working dancer continue to take class? Isn't it a little early in Asia's career  to limit her performances to only those where she is the star? Isn't there something to be learned from being a working dancer in a variety of situations with different choreographers, different types of dancers, and different types of roles? If nothing else, it would do her good to learn how to share the spotlight.

In the real world, yes. As the kind of narrative some of us might actually tune in to watch, yes. In their twisted fantasies? No way. She's a STAAAH. That's all that matters to them. And she will peak by age 10 - or earlier - without legitimate , *appropriate* opportunities to grow.

• Love 2

Asia seems like a spunky kid but it sure is a shame her parents aren't out working on something that THEY could accomplish! And I really feel sorry for old chipmunk cheeks' little sister. They are BOTH gonna need a ton of therapy when this is all over.

• Love 1

Okay I must confess that this show is my guilty pleasure. Don't tell anyone that I watch it.

Anthony just needs to quit until the parents can figure out exactly what image they want her to have. It's obvious that the entire Ray family is on the Billy wagon and he truly is just wasting his time. There is no way that Asia can be both things. She is either a little kid going for the Disney/Nickolodeon route, or she is a popstar megastar in training. You can't have it both ways and that is why there is all this conflict.

I think that they just have a close close bond with Billy, at least the mom does, and she's the one really pushing for Billy to be the director, manager, acting coach, voice coach, Mr. everything. Billy is not hungry, he truly is just resting on his laurels. I can't believe that two times in this episode he said he woke up in the middle of the afternoon. What is he doing all night? Partying it up remembering the good old days? And I'm surprised that Christie did not say anything about him waking up late, or the fact that they had to Skype in for rehearsal because he woke up late.

I really don't think that Billy is that great. I don't even know what he was famous for, and if that's the only thing he is famous for, that obviously he is a washed up actor trying to make good on Asia's stardom. His songs are wack, and the emergency vocal session was just an opportunity for him to tell the family about the birthday party that he wanted Asia to perform at. He so far has not been able to line Asia up for anything current. Besides performance at the dingy club as an opener, and the Vegas show. I don't even know who El deBarge is... And I doubt that her target demographic knows who he is either.

I do believe that Anthony is very talented as a choreographer/creative director, and I have seen his work in other arenas. He is capable of turning Asia into what Asia says she wants to be. But since Asia is not the one in control, there is no way that Anthony will be able to get the respect he deserves in this dynamic.

Anthony needs to take all his skills and go work with other stars in the industry who are hot right now, choreograph for them, and then the family will see what they have lost. I truly don't think that what they are paying him is worth all this havoc and drama, unless the drama is just been created for the show.

This episode seems very fishy and so many levels to me.

Wow Kristi really blew her top. Super cray cray. Why was she fighting with the producers of the reality show when Anthony said the f-bomb at to Shawn? Why did she storm out and not even allow Asia to rehearse that day? I'm sure that Shawn can fight for himself, as we obviously saw. So many questions, not enough answers.

Is Anthony the choreographer given to them by the reality show? Perhaps that is why they are being so wishy-washy trying to get him to quit. Maybe they can't legally fire him while filming the reality show so they're trying to get him to resign of his own volition. That is why they keep hampering everything he is trying to accomplish. Yes, saying the f bomb in front of Asia was uncalled for, and he should've stepped out of the room if he knew he was going to get so angry. But then for Christie to go bananas is a also good example?

Why is Kristi always asking for the cameras to leave or that the mics be turned off? Did she not know that she was filming a reality show? It just seems so controlling for nothing. Why sign the contract and agree to be on a reality show, if you don't want to be filmed? That's like pulling a Lindsay Lohan but you are not Lindsay Lohan...lol. Still don't understand why she keeps saying "cameras out, cameras out" when drama is going down. That cracks me up every time and it makes me think that she is hiding something. Then she routinely threatens to cancel the reality show, as if to make Asia conform and change whatever she's doing in that moment. Methinks the Rays want the exposure that the reality show is going to give Asia, but Kristi doesn't want all her crazy to seen by the public.

I am so sick of this penis-measuring contest. Shawn just came into the picture and he keeps throwing his weight around trying to prove that he's the boss and the other two need to bow down to him. But he knows nothing about music, nothing about dancing, nothing about anything. He seems to be the one causing the most drama right now. First he gives Billy ultimate control, then he turns around and gives it to Anthony... it's like he doesn't even know truly what he wants and he just wants everyone to obey his every whim. It truly is confusing for both Anthony and Billy, and I can see why there is so much tension and conflict.

Anthony is extremely passionate about his job and sometimes does take things too seriously, or emotionally. But I truly believe that his heart is in the right place. Poor Asia. She really is caught in the middle of trying to make everybody happy. I hope that she does find time for her own happiness. Does anyone know if any of Asia's singles even charted?

Why is Kristi always asking for the cameras to leave or that the mics be turned off?

My guess because she doesn't want the "real" Rays to be filmed.

I think she also is asserting her power to pull the plug.

Raisin Asia (in the Sun)... a dream deferred.

• Love 2

Oh my gosh... insomnia struck which is the only reason I watched this episode rerun (I'd taken it off of DVR after the first episode).

Poor kid. I think she's fairly talented for her age, but not all that talented. Also WTH was that dance?  I felt like she did a couple of dance moves and other than that just flipped her hair around, walked around looking confused, flipped her hair a couple more times, then "played dead" and got dragged off the stage. Did I misunderstand something?  How was this performance so amazing?  I get that it was not my style to begin with, but even setting that aside I didn't think the dancing she did was very good. I've seen 7 year olds dance as well or better.  I'm really hoping I just missed something about the amazingness of the whole thing.

I was so upset when Kristie got mad at her for eating a few goldfish crackers, meanwhile little Bluray was sitting there snacking on some kind of candy looking thing. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if both kids end up with major psychological issues. I especially worry about eating disorder/body image issues for Asia. A few goldfish crackers right before she goes on stage to burn a bunch of energy should be fine (although I guess I'm not sure how much energy hair flipping takes). Bluray might be better off since mostly her Mom just ignores her and her Dad seems to pick up the slack, so maybe she'll be able to stay under the radar and do okay.

• Love 2

All of them are hitching their wagon to Asia: the parents, Anthony, and Billy.

I think Anthony is asking to be the creative director because he does not want Billy to constantly keep overruling him and giving Asia the kiddie image. I kind of feel bad for Anthony because he's really doing his best to try to help Asia achieve her dreams, but since the whole entire family is on the Billy bandwagon she is just going to have to end up doing the Disney/Nickolodeon route. The Disney route is not bad and there are plenty of stars who have been able to accomplish megastar status with the Disney route. It just takes a lot longer.

Anthony just needs to step back or walk away. They don't appreciate him because they've never lost him. He needs to step away and let Billy tank, and the Rays will beg him to return.

Don't forget the aunt.  She seems to be a permanent fixture now, although I'm not sure why.

• Love 1

I never thought much of Asia on AUDC, but this whole situation makes me very uncomfortable. Billy is pretty much the picture definition of a Hollywood sleaze, there only to use the marginal "talent." His songs are terrible and dated, not that Asia's awful vocals help.

The choreographer needs to relax. I get odd vibes from nearly every interaction on this show. What was that scene with he and Shawn sharing a dinner over red wine? Very strange.

And the there's the whole Kristi/Shawn trainwreck. Shawn never misses an opportunity to tell Asia how Kristi is impeding his (conveniently-timed) love for her, and Kristi is just a mess, start to finish. Super controlling, irrational, and unable to have anyone control her an ounce. It's okay for hew, but not for anyone else.

Even if Asia did have Beyonce talent, which she does NOT, this team would grind her to dust with poor management. I liked how they show the sister going to school. I guess Asia gets no education whatsoever. That, and this cultivated "diva" attitude that is ridiculous on a child...they damn well better hope she makes it. Otherwise, what options does she have?

• Love 3

I thought the dance was a sloppy mess.  If I were there evaluating new talent I wouldn't have given a single thought to hiring her.  What do they expect from an 8 or 9 year old is continually denied snacks and even egg yolk.   Put a table of temptation in her way and she's going to sneak a few goldfish crackers.  They don't want a child, they want a performing robot I think.

• Love 2

Agree with pretty much all of the comments. The one happy surprise for me from this show has been that she's actually a pretty sweet kid. I was assuming she'd be a complete brat. She has a little of the "Diva" thing going on but I think it's mostly learned, and not any worse than most kids her age. She seems to have a decent heart and I hope she can keep it. I think it'll be a challenge with so many people trying to control her life, especially from such a young age.

• Love 4

Thanks Absolom. I'm glad to know it wasn't just me! 

Most of the time I felt like I was watching preschoolers 'dance' which is fine, that's what I expect when I watch a little kid dance recital. A "Beyonce 2.0" uhhh not so much. Although who knows, maybe Beyonce <gasp> ate goldfish crackers and danced like a kid when she WAS A KID too.

• Love 1

I agree they need to decide on a direction. Surprised Billy booked the performance, except maybe as a showcase since there were bound to be tons of music industry folks there. All Billy has is "Fame." He's had no career since.

Besides performance at the dingy club as an opener, and the Vegas show. I don't even know who El deBarge is... And I doubt that her target demographic knows who he is either.

DeBarge = legendary in the 80's- 90s. Had some gold and platinum hits, and one of the brothers secretly married Janet Jackson.