Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Defending Your Wife

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

All three have in one way or another addressed the Chris situation and not one has provided an acceptable answer: (Answers In Spoilers because I saw it on Instagram)

Reveal spoiler

Pastor Cal has given the excuse that people behave differently during casting. Fine, except this doesn’t address why they cast him in the first place when he was engaged weeks beforehand.

Dr. Viv said they are also shocked but everyone needs to “chill out” because it’s just a tv show. No lie. She said this on Instagram in the most blasé manner WHILE PUTTING ON HER MAKEUP.

Dr. Pepper just put out a lengthy statement on Instagram saying they never know how things will play out so give them a chance, citing Jephte and Shawniece as an example. Talk about tone deaf. It was promptly removed.

All of this to say, these “experts” are useless morons just paid to do what the producers tell them to do.

Good work.  What a surprise ..NOT.

• Love 6
On 2/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

Other people on the show have had to deal with the fact that initially they don't find their new spouse attractive or what they expected or hoped for. But dammit they did this, they married someone they agreed to do it. Its like playing a stripping game and if you lose you decide I don't want to play anymore. She doesn't have to stay married but why not give it the full 8 weeks? Last season Henry clearly didn't click with Christina but he was nice about it and made a go of it. 

Not to mention, there's a monetary loss if they leave early.   So if you signed up for it, you might as well finish it out!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Not to mention, there's a monetary loss if they leave early.   So if you signed up for it, you might as well finish it out!

Oh no.  You mean we have to look at Chris all that time?  I’ve never seen worse.  He thinks he’s the cats meow, the smartest, the best looking, the best dresser, probably the best lover .  Just everything a girl would want.  Now I have to go and throw up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Back a few seasons, one wife picked "Stay" but the good doctors wouldn't allow it. 

I wish they could force  a divorce on Chris and Paige, and tell him to get his life with an impending child and a former fiancee he says he still loves, straightened out first.

• Love 5
On 2/20/2021 at 1:44 PM, qtpye said:

Makes me wonder if the experts asked her (like Dr. Amelia from last season) whether she minds being the main breadwinner in the family, until Vincent's business becomes more stable? I know his last relationship ended because his partner did not like his career decisions.

The breadwinner question is important to ask all the participants (male and female) before they match them up. It is almost as important as the "Do you want kids" question as far as being a deal breaker.

I don't know if they asked her, but I recall her saying that she wanted someone who made more money than her!

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Oh no.  You mean we have to look at Chris all that time?  I’ve never seen worse.  He thinks he’s the cats meow, the smartest, the best looking, the best dresser, probably the best lover .  Just everything a girl would want.  Now I have to go and throw up.

Remember when he was looking in the mirror and talking about how his tiny bird chest was so huge...and this is with a bunch of other people in the room. I don't think Chris sees what we see when he looks at himself.

I am all for having self confidence but there is a point where you start to become delusional.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Should Clara be telling Ryan how he's like her dad? Are guys cool with that? Would she like it if he told her how she's like his mom? 😅 Idk about that.

It really depends on how the woman feels about her dad.  If I woman has respect and has nice things to say about her dad then I'd take it as a compliment.  If she has little respect and says negative things about her dad then I wouldn't like what the implications of what she's saying are. 

The psychology says women marry their dads.  This is why fathers are encouraged to take their daughters on dates to show them how a man is suppose to act.  How a man is suppose to be a gentleman.  How a man is supposed to treat a woman.  

Edited by TJ N
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Remember when he was looking in the mirror and talking about how his tiny bird chest was so huge...and this is with a bunch of other people in the room. I don't think Chris sees what we see when he looks at himself.

I am all for having self confidence but there is a point where you start to become delusional.

Read dating profiles.  It's all delusion.  There are broke, jobless, nearly homeless dudes calling themselves "entrepreneurs" and women in their 40s talking about wanting children "some day".   

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Read dating profiles.  It's all delusion.  There are broke, jobless, nearly homeless dudes calling themselves "entrepreneurs" and women in their 40s talking about wanting children "some day".   

Dating profiles are definitely delusional! There are faces photoshopped and filtered until the real face is unrecognizable and very outdated photos that only come to light when meeting in person.  Profiles aren't genuine, modest or candid any more: every other profile is a guy posing with an exotic tiger on vacation, doing shirtless poses in a dirty bathroom mirror or wearing sunglasses in a luxury rental car.  I once got up the courage and politely asked a date why he looked a lot younger in his profile photos than in person and he said, "I love how I looked in high school"- the guy was 36 years old 😂!!  I've taken a break from dating for the past year or so and I don't miss the dating apps at all. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

2 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Dating profiles are definitely delusional! There are faces photoshopped and filtered until the real face is unrecognizable and very outdated photos that only come to light when meeting in person.  Profiles aren't genuine, modest or candid any more: every other profile is a guy posing with an exotic tiger on vacation, doing shirtless poses in a dirty bathroom mirror or wearing sunglasses in a luxury rental car.  I once got up the courage and politely asked a date why he looked a lot younger in his profile photos than in person and he said, "I love how I looked in high school"- the guy was 36 years old 😂!!  I've taken a break from dating for the past year or so and I don't miss the dating apps at all. 

Yes, now unemployed has been changed to "Future Millionaire". I think the apps have destroyed dating worse than the pandemic. Maybe that means more people will sign up for this show?😢😱

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, TJ N said:

It really depends on how the woman feels about her dad.  If I woman has respect and has nice things to say about her dad then I'd take it as a compliment.  If she has little respect and says negative things about her dad then I wouldn't like what the implications of what she's saying are. 

The psychology says women marry their dads.  This is why fathers are encouraged to take their daughters on dates to show them how a man is suppose to act.  How a man is suppose to be a gentleman.  How a man is supposed to treat a woman.  

Okay, I'm 71, female, and Pennsylvanian, and have never, ever heard of or witnessed "fathers...encouraged to take their daughters on dates" for any reason whatsoever!

Is this done somewhere in the U.S., and where, if so?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Okay, I'm 71, female, and Pennsylvanian, and have never, ever heard of or witnessed "fathers...encouraged to take their daughters on dates" for any reason whatsoever!

I am 68 and I remember several "Dates with Dad." He would take me to movies my mom didn't want to see (like James Bond, other spy movies), and he came to take me out to lunch when I was in college, and every year we had a standing date for the KU Track and Field day. So, it wasn't all the time, but it happened. It was lovely and I miss him so much.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

A common example of this is Daddy/daughter dances.  Schools and churches hold these events.  Maybe you don't like the term date but the principles still apply.  I've seen dad's that do this and these women have very good standards for finding a man.  They tend to avoid a lot of the men that are trash in this world.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, TJ N said:

A common example of this is Daddy/daughter dances.  Schools and churches hold these events.  Maybe you don't like the term date but the principles still apply.  I've seen dad's that do this and these women have very good standards for finding a man.  They tend to avoid a lot of the men that are trash in this world.

In our schools the daddy/daughters have chosen to have a dance and the mothers/sons have a pretty rough game of dodge ball (chosen by the kids).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 4:30 AM, karenbrady said:

Totally cave-mannish! Yuck. Did you see all his 'supplements' in the background on his nightstand as they packed? Just adds to my theory that he's lacking downstairs and therefore turned Haley off even more when she let him into her downstairs. Men who bulk like that are quite shrunken below is what I've always heard. They also have performance issues.  

I don't know... in the talking heads she seemed really happy about the sex, not embarrassed or shy. I think something else happened that made her pull away. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TJ N said:

Apparently, she didn't learn who to date from him since she dated so many awful guys. So how's hearing that affect guys? I wish we could ask the participants. 😂

46 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Apparently, she didn't learn who to date from him since she dated so many awful guys. So how's hearing that affect guys? I wish we could ask the participants. 😂

Well she did say she met guys through dating apps.  Pretty awful way to date from what I hear.  To me hearing a woman say she's dated so many awful guys is a red flag for me.  Not a deal breaker but red flag.  If it's through dating apps I'd dismiss it. Going out with awful guys that you know to me shows you are a bad judge of character which tends to lead to poor decisions.  But maybe that's why I'm single because I'm too picky judging decisions that females make when it comes to dating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I don't know... in the talking heads she seemed really happy about the sex, not embarrassed or shy. I think something else happened that made her pull away. 

She may have enjoyed the sex, but doesn’t like the rest of him.  His house, his demeanor, his shyness, his looks,  his personality.  It looks like she can’t stomach him.  Why then did she have sex with him?  Was she that plastered or just horny.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2021 at 2:25 PM, karenbrady said:

I loved that he said he doesn't give a shyt about Chris & Paige's nonsense. 

There’s lots of things I like about him.  He’s got a good job apparently, he’s not stupid, he’s quiet, he has manners, he’s confident in his own skin, he seems thoughtful, he’s not a bragger, he’s proud of his house, he’s attentive towards her.  Why not give him a chance for the six weeks?  Is it going to kill her?  If it’s something personal, she should be honest with him.  I think she owes him that if anything.  He might make a very good husband.  Plus, there’s always divorce if it’s that bad.  She’ll never find the perfect man as there is no perfect man.  There’s not a perfect woman either.  I’m watching 90 Day Fiance.  They are all fucked up compared to Jake.  If I was single and younger, I’d give it a shot.  Bet he would be a good husband and father from what I’ve seen so far.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Plenty of dads model awful behavior. Do we know anything about hers? Last season it was implied that Amani's two dads were good guys who got along with each other, would be surrogate dads to Woody, etc. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TJ N said:

Well she did say she met guys through dating apps.  Pretty awful way to date from what I hear.  To me hearing a woman say she's dated so many awful guys is a red flag for me.  Not a deal breaker but red flag.  If it's through dating apps I'd dismiss it. Going out with awful guys that you know to me shows you are a bad judge of character which tends to lead to poor decisions.  But maybe that's why I'm single because I'm too picky judging decisions that females make when it comes to dating.

It means she's almost exclusively attracted to awful guys.  I instantly turn on the bad-ish boy persona and look forward to a few weeks of great sex before I dump her.

Don't try to fight or fix a girl, give her what she's looking for (often not what she says she's looking for) and enjoy yourself.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, TJ N said:

Ya. She sounded open & dumb. On apps, it's very easy to find out who's trash. It doesn't have to be a blind "date." Like, she just wanted someone, anyone. She should've been learning how to filter out. Maybe she feels unloved, that's why she's "always in love." Just wants companionship. She should take her time & be smart about it. I'm doubtful since it seems she hasn't learned from her experiences.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2021 at 9:44 AM, Silver Bells said:

I’m gonna cave and agree finally.  I went with a couple of guys before getting married.  Nice, attractive guys, but it just wasn’t there. When I met my husband .. instant attraction.  Something just clicked.  She doesn’t feel it, and that’s it.  When you know, you know.  This show is just a crapshoot.  Jake could beat the crap out of all of them guys tho.  I’m sure he’ll find someone after this show.

He has the personality of a doorknob. He can't have a conversation that doesn't revolve around the 80's or what he eats. I would shut down too with him because he's so weird. He's an off putting dude.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, zoltana said:

Exactly!  It came across like he was using his "religion" as a smoke screen.  'You must be imagining all these negative thoughts you're having about me because I'm a man of God'  I'm sure it's not the first time someone has used their religion as a gaslighting tool, but it's the first time I've seen it.  It's disgusting.  I haven't even watched anything in a few days and I'm still aggravated by him.

I'm starting to wonder if this is all an act for tv? Are these people actors?? Can Paige TRULY be that idiotic and have so little self respect??? I wanted to like her but I'm over it. She's actually as infuriating to me as Chris at this point.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is all an act for tv? Are these people actors?? Can Paige TRULY be that idiotic and have so little self respect??? I wanted to like her but I'm over it. She's actually as infuriating to me as Chris at this point.

I'm with you!  This is just too uncomfortable and she's putting up with way to much crap.  They're either actors or production is waving big bucks around.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

He has the personality of a doorknob. He can't have a conversation that doesn't revolve around the 80's or what he eats. I would shut down too with him because he's so weird. He's an off putting dude.

And he wore that T-short that said "Stop Whining . . . Get a Job."  What a great, compassionate guy.  He's more worthless than he thinks the "whiners" are. May he be in their shoes someday.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/21/2021 at 7:10 PM, Retired at last said:

I am 68 and I remember several "Dates with Dad." He would take me to movies my mom didn't want to see (like James Bond, other spy movies), and he came to take me out to lunch when I was in college, and every year we had a standing date for the KU Track and Field day. So, it wasn't all the time, but it happened. It was lovely and I miss him so much.

I'm so happy for you to have had that experience.  It was lovely.....No wonder you missed him and still miss him now.

My father never did anything individually with me as a young lady to know how I should expect to be treated. I never felt special with regard to this first relationship with a man which is always your father.  He never ever danced with me at a formal event even when my family was putting on that event. Given the emotional neglect, my life was a lot rougher with regard to dating and relationships.  He never danced with me even once, at my brother's two weddings. Those emotional needs and loving behaviors were totally neglected.  He never ever had any kind of with conversation about anyone that I was dating even when I was living with somebody.  Never took me to lunch, even for fast food. 

He was a nice narcissist, super selfish, so I ended up with nice and not so nice Narcissists because I had the ability to always come second to whomever I loved.   I would suspect that Paige was never given any individual positive dating experience as a young lady with her father. In my opinion it shows in her excitement upon receiving any crumb of attention from Chris.   "Date night with dad" should be a requirement of every man that has a daughter. They won't all do it but at least you would know you were entitled to more.  My dad never ever said "I love you" either. I've got to say, I didn't miss him at all when he was gone because there wasn't anything to miss. I didn't lose anything.  He wasn't a bad man but he wasn't helpful to me in developing my true self-esteem as a woman.  I wound up putting up with a lot of crap that I didn't deserve since I was a high-quality woman, highly successful but not used to real love from a man.  That situation usually leads to working very hard to get love were no love exists, because it replicates the first love relationship you've ever had.

Edited by Kira53
On 2/25/2021 at 3:07 AM, Airy2021 said:

That's all the editors show you. They show you nothing about her conversation or interest. I'm assuming she has said something about her interest and that Jake has said other things than the 80s. It's pretty clear they pick because they knew they could create a narrative about his interest in the 80s and make it seem like there's nothing else that he ever talks about because they will not show you anything else.We really have no idea why she's always the bridesmaid.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

That's all the editors show you. They show you nothing about her conversation or interest. I'm assuming she has said something about her interest and that Jake has said other things than the 80s. It's pretty clear they pick because they knew they could create a narrative about his interest in the 80s and make it seem like there's nothing else that he ever talks about because they will not show you anything else.We really have no idea why she's always the bridesmaid.

exactly.  they film them for hours and hours and then decide what little tidbits will make us feel the way we want to about these people. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

I'm so happy for you to have had that experience.  It was lovely.....No wonder you missed him and still miss him now.

My father never did anything individually with me as a young lady to know how I should expect to be treated. I never felt special with regard to this first relationship with a man which is always your father.  He never ever danced with me at a formal event even when my family was putting on that event. Given the emotional neglect, my life was a lot rougher with regard to dating and relationships.  He never danced with me even once, at my brother's two weddings. Those emotional needs and loving behaviors were totally neglected.  He never ever had any kind of with conversation about anyone that I was dating even when I was living with somebody.  Never took me to lunch, even for fast food. 

He was a nice narcissist, super selfish, so I ended up with nice and not so nice Narcissists because I had the ability to always come second to whomever I loved.   I would suspect that Paige was never given any individual positive dating experience as a young lady with her father. In my opinion it shows in her excitement upon receiving any crumb of attention from Chris.   "Date night with dad" should be a requirement of every man that has a daughter. They won't all do it but at least you would know you were entitled to more.  My dad never ever said "I love you" either. I've got to say, I didn't miss him at all when he was gone because there wasn't anything to miss. I didn't lose anything.  He wasn't a bad man but he wasn't helpful to me in developing my true self-esteem as a woman.  I wound up putting up with a lot of crap that I didn't deserve since I was a high-quality woman, highly successful but not used to real love from a man.  That situation usually leads to working very hard to get love were no love exists, because it replicates the first love relationship you've ever had.

The fact that you understand that the problem was with your father and his withholding narcissism is indicative of an incredible amount of insight on your part.

However, many women never make this connection and sadly, I think Paige might be one of them. She has got to learn that nothing is more appealing than self respect.

26 minutes ago, Airy2021 said:

Why did Chris get so pissed off at Virginia when she asked if the baby was his when Vincent asked the exact thing and he didn’t care???

Because Chris felt more comfortable having this type of "man to man" discussion with a bro.   I'm no fan of Chris at all, I think he's a POS, but Virginia was out of line asking if it was his.   

On 2/18/2021 at 5:15 PM, Kdawg82 said:

If you want to be as drunk as Virginia, you'll take a sip every time Chris says "you know what I'm sayin" mid-sentence.  I can hardly focus on ANYTHING he's "sayin" with the nonstop mumbling and quiet talk. 

I had to write down "conversations has arose" because it was a stunning piece of terrible grammar. You know what I'm sayin'?

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, Shauna said:

Vincent's shirts are at least one size too small.  Every.  Single.  One. 

In the decision day previews I don’t understand why he doesn’t just leave his jacket unbuttoned. It was really struggling 

• LOL 1

When we switched to Youtube TV I lost Lifetime. Now that we have Hulu  am catching up on the seasons I missed.

This is a horrible season. Las Vegas was a terrible location. Too much in hotel rooms. I am assuming pandemic so they couldn't leave the country. Soooo boring. 

Paige is a fool. Chris is a total a..hole. Virginia is a drunk. Erik is controlling and crazy. I love Briana and Vincent.

I might just skim through the rest. 

• Love 4