Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 Live Chat Thread

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

Did she go to The University of Chicago?  That $60,000 a year, yikes!

Loyola.  But it was still $60K a year.  

And nobody flinched at the news or discussed finances because (1) none of the parents are educated ( Janelle may have an associates degree); (2) It's Meri's money.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

Did she go to The University of Chicago?  That $60,000 a year, yikes!

no-- Loyola Chicago which is also the best of the Loyolas.

I had thought she may have got the social justice degree there and then finished the other in Salt Lake, but it sounds like the dual degree was just too much work for her.   Meri did a post indicating Mariah got the Master's degree.

Just now, Grifter Lives said:

It's Meri's money.  

either that or she got a lot in student loans. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I can't stand Kody.  I don't see how anyone can stand to be around him.  He is such a narcissist.

He is stupid yet smug. I cannot imagine putting up with the humiliation of sharing him, he is not worth it. I enjoyed that other polygamy show that was on TLC 'My Five Wives'. The husband was decent looking, had an actual job, a good personality, and really tried to make all the wives happy and be fair. If I had to share a husband I would want somebody like that. 

• Love 6

Why do they want to build houses when 2 of them already bought a house in Flagstaff??  Makes no sense at all.  They should have rented. Especially, Christine.  Because she bought before the Vegas house sold.  How does she get mortgages since she has no job?  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

He is stupid yet smug. I cannot imagine putting up with the humiliation of sharing him, he is not worth it. I enjoyed that other polygamy show that was on TLC 'My Five Wives'. The husband was decent looking, had an actual job, a good personality, and really tried to make all the wives happy and be fair. If I had to share a husband I would want somebody like that. 

Brady Williams, but those wives had tons of problems with each other too, and two of them are cousins.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

Why do they want to build houses when 2 of them already bought a house in Flagstaff??  Makes no sense at all.  They should have rented. Especially, Christine.  Because she bought before the Vegas house sold.  How does she get mortgages since she has no job?  

They should’ve all moved into Meri’s rent-a-mansion.

Edited by For Cereals
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
Just now, LucyEth said:

Brady Williams, but those wives had tons of problems with each other too, and two of them are cousins.

Yes him. I think all those wives really do love him, that is what makes it so hard. I am too jealous, I could never do that. One of the wives was a doctor, to be blunt he also seemed to have higher quality wives.

• Love 5

Robyn’s new house is huge

Kody was done with Meri as soon as he found out about the fake man she was romancing online.  He never forgave her for that fake relationship.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Kody doesn't understand what his family's dysfunction is, but he no longer wants to gather the family together.  He'd rather spend time with one family alone.  Great Leadership.

well, since Meri has no children at home, that's another strike against his spending time with her.  Also I guess the benefit of plural marriage is if you have 3 wives who have the art of 'being or keeping  sweet" down better than the 4th one, then it is easy to jettison the one who is harder to live with

I had no idea I could dislike Kody any more than I already did, but he is beyond awful.   I don't see how any of them can stand him.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 11

Kody is live tweeting during the show but I notice he does nothing to take the sting out of what he said about not wanting a relationship with Meri.  No "maybe I said that wrong" or such.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Of course they have no cash even though Christine's house sold. Kody and Robyn already spent $1million on a house and Christine spent around $400,000 so why are they even pretending that they can start building on Coyote Pass? I bet they will end up selling the land. Robyn will keep her house, Meri will move back to Utah and who knows what Janelle and Christine will do. They will probably hang around and continue to take crap off of Kody while he rubs it in their faces that he is over plural marriage. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Kody was done with Meri as soon as he found out about the fake man she was romancing online.  He never forgave her for that fake relationship.  

I know I am beating a dead horse here, but Meri still has never been honest that she was planning on leaving them all for her Catfish. Meri seems to be the most social, I think she would make it on her own. But none of them want to work so they stick around for the TLC money.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

But none of them want to work so they stick around for the TLC money.

I suspect she makes a lot more from her mlms.  I think he resents her for that as much as her catfishing.   and I doubt he is over the moon about Audrey and Mariah except that they may get them another season. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Kody is live tweeting during the show but I notice he does nothing to take the sting out of what he said about not wanting a relationship with Meri.  No "maybe I said that wrong" or such.

He's such a douchebag.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
Just now, LucyEth said:

Why can’t 4 adult women just pick a dam location, this is too much BS and Kody doesn’t give a shit anymore.

There would be no shows if they did lol. I want to slap the 3 of them.

• Love 3
Just now, Twopper said:

I suspect she makes a lot more from her mlms.  I think he resents her for that as much as her catfishing.   and I doubt he is over the moon about Audrey and Mariah except that they may get them another season. 

The season will be, "Oh, how we long to visit our daughter, but, we're felons in Utah, so we can't. We'll be arrested for polygamy and thrown into jail for 10 years if we're pulled over for a speeding ticket."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I laughed so hard when Robyn said that sometimes she doesn't see Kody for days, that I almost choke.  Good one, Robyn.  And, if you pull my right leg, it plays Jingle Bells.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Mariah said "and then I will transfer my social work degree to the U".  So she DIDN'T finish her fancy dual Masters at the University of Chicago....

She was at Loyola.  No way in hell would she have been accepted to U of C.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

If he did, I still  wouldn't believe him.

• Love 2

Meri would not hold hands with her sisterwife Robyn and rebuked Robyn's suggestion that she, Robyn and Kody kiss and make up.  Meri understood it literally.  She deemed both ideas weird.  Also, Kody remarked in the previews that Mariah and Audrey don't need to walk down a straight aisle for their wedding.  Both Meri and Kody seem to be homophobic.  

• Love 3

Omg. My friend got married under that very pergola at the SLC botanical garden where they were with Mariah 😱

38 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am loving bitchy Christine.  

Me too. The womb is closed and all bets are off 😂

• Love 4
(edited)

Hi y'all! I've been watching old episodes and have a new hypothesis. I posted this on a reddit thread in an epic procrastination jag that continues...

So I recently discovered the "Surviving Sister Wives" podcast, and like them so much. For me, it's the perfect combo of humor, insight, and respectful, loving dialog between partners - opposite of all things Brown.

Anyhoo, I started re-watching old episodes so that I could listen to old eps of SSW and know what they are talking about. (c'mon TLC...send them episodes before they air!! Their pod is bringing you viewers)

So I'm watching this mess and they have just moved to Vegas after acting like a house full of tweekers in Utah (they peer out windows all day and lose their marbles every time a police car drives by...while admitting it's "probably in their head." Ya think??). Cody takes the fam to a "Kids Eat Free" mexican restaurant, Robyn's secretly pregnant, and Kody tells everyone that all of this upheaval is being endured because his goal "has always been to live together on one property".

Wait, what??? At no point had anyone on the show used the word "property". They used "house". The issues discussed were one house vs many houses.

They had just moved into Vegas. I think that Kody formulated a freedom plan for himself because he was having such a blast living with hot, dependent, doe-eyed Robyn in a separate house and such a suck-ey time living with three (rightfully) cranky, independent, and angry-eyed wives and thier two hundred kids in one house.

I think he and Robyn used Vegas as a launchpad for the new 4-wives-4-houses plan, and just waited to see where her son would go to college to figure out where to build it....I don't think it was a conscious plan, per se, because Kody lacks the intelligence and self-awareness required to understand how unconscious drives influence behavior. But I theorize (!) that he and Robin had an unspoken "meeting of the minds" on what an ideal future would look like.

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 6