Type keyword(s) to search

Sam and Bucky...Sitting In a Tree?: Speculation with Spoilers

• Start Topic

On 3/28/2021 at 12:04 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I don't hate Walker yet, I'm just waiting to see what happens. When Everett Ross (not to be confused with Dickweed Ross) and Woo were introduced inn the MCU they seemed like douchey government tools, but when they got bigger parts in Black Panther and WandaVision it turned out that they were actually decent guys. So it could go either way for Walker.

I'm too busy disliking Bucky for shoehorning his way into Sam's mission as if he had every right to even think about Walker.

17 hours ago, festivus said:

Captain America and the White Wolf will return

Not with that codename, please. It's awful, like something from bad fanfic. I don't mind the Wakandans using it as a kind of nickname for this mysterious, lonely white guy hanging out in their country, but it's just so generic.

The Winter Soldier is one of the best codenames that Marvel have come up with in decades. It's mysterious, it fits his past, it combines his tragedy and his abilities as a soldier. 

Yes, Bucky would realistically have some hang ups over it, but I don't care. He can reclaim the name in the MCU, just like he did in the comics.

(edited)

Emily VanCamp addresses theory that Sharon could be Power Broker

Of course she has to be cagey about it since nobody can give it away. But the bit about how there are “characters that have yet to be seen” is interesting. So it COULD be Dickweed Ross after all, which honestly makes more sense. In which case could lead him to FINALLY getting the comeuppance we didn’t get from Endgame, or at least that would be my dearest hope.

Personally, I don’t think it’s Sharon because for the MCU bringing her back just to turn her into the villain would be a Game of Thrones level insult. Remember, most of the WandaVision theories turned out to be wrong too.

Edited by Spartan Girl
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Zemo will let Walker kill the Flag Smashers before killing him. Then he will casually toss the shield to Sam and go back to jail...

I kinda hope Demo doesn't go back to jail, so we can have a season 2 of tracking him down.

Zemo will end up in the Wakandan SuperMax prison with a surprisingly Not Dead Killmonger. They become frenemies and hatch increasingly convoluted, yet unsuccessful, escape plans.

One rumor is shot down, but it sounds like Episode 5 will be a significant episode...

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Producer Shoots Down Wild Cameo Rumor 
BY JOANNA ROBINSON   APRIL 9, 2021
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/04/falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-black-panther-cameo-still-watching-podcast

Spoiler

The most extreme speculation bubbling up even has a few fans wondering if there might be a secret T'Challa appearance on the horizon filmed by Chadwick Boseman before his death last year. But that, longtime Marvel producer Nate Moore insists, is not the case. 
“No. I can say. That is not going to happen,” Moore said from Atlanta, Georgia where he is prepping the Black Panther sequel. “I would be honest if it was. Chad's passing is a whole life thing, and I loved the guy as much as the character. I think we have to be very careful and thoughtful about when he appears, because he meant so much to a lot of people as much as he meant to us. But yeah, we wouldn't use that as a ‘Come next week; maybe you’ll see Panther!’ We wouldn't, and he's not.” 

Series director Kari Skogland also sheds a little light on the fandom's speculation about Emily VanCamp’s character, Sharon Carter, and whether she is also the mysterious figure known as the Power Broker. Some viewers are speculating that Sharon didn't go into the shipping container lab along with Bucky (Sebastian Stan), Sam (Anthony Mackie), and Zemo (Daniel Brühl) in episode 3 because she was trying to avoid being identified as the Power Broker by super soldier serum scientist Dr. Nagel. But as Skogland explains, the truth was much more practical. 

“I literally said, guys, how many people are you going to put in this room with Nagel?” Skogland said. “I've got four actors and Nagel. We can't have Sharon in there because it's too many people. And so what can we have her do? She's like Atomic Blonde, holding off the enemy at the gates.”

Does that mean Sharon is not the Power Broker? Not necessarily. But it does put those fond of speculation back at square one. 

Final The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Episodes Will Introduce a Surprise New MCU Character
BY KEVIN BURWICK   APRIL 10, 2021
https://movieweb.com/falcon-winter-soldier-final-episodes-new-mcu-character/

Spoiler

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier writer Malcolm Spellman has also teased MCU fans about what they can expect in upcoming episodes, noting that episode 5 is when things "get real." According to reports, episode 5 will introduce a Marvel character who has not yet been featured on screen. In addition, it is believed that said character does not have a role in upcoming Phase 4 projects. As for who the character is, that is currently unclear.

The original report comes from Slash Film, who also claim that a well-known actor will be taking on the mystery role in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier episode 5. The outlet goes on to say that they believe that Malcolm Spellman has been teasing the big reveal since the beginning of the show. Will it end up being the identity of the mysterious Power Broker? MCU fans have been trying to figure out that identity for weeks now, though one technological theory claims that the character could be right under our noses, thanks to the utilization of Apple products on the series.

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Episode 5 Will Have a Big Marvel Cameo – But It’s Not Who You Think It Is
Hoai-Tran Bui    April 9, 2021
https://www.slashfilm.com/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-cameo-episode-5/

Spoiler

/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

There is speculation that Aaron from the Winter Soldier Apple Store will show up... maybe he took control of iTunes after the Snap and parlayed that into becoming the Power Broker

Who are we going to see in the next episode? The writer (I think) says it will not be T'Challa. He also says he'd like to see this person team up with Thor and it's somebody we haven't seen before. I'm leaning towards Storm right now. That would be awesome. Honestly, I was amused by the thought it could be Rocket but those two statements make that a no-go. 

• Love 1

Is Storm a “grounded character”? 

I was thinking it was going to be She-Hulk but her show is announced and now they make it seem like it's a complete new character.  

What Is the Episode 5 ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Hype Pointing Toward?
By Daniel Chin  Apr 14, 2021
https://www.theringer.com/marvel-cinematic-universe/2021/4/14/22383175/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-episode-5-hype-cameo 

Showrunner Malcolm Spellman even identified the fifth episode as the one he was most excited for fans to see back in mid-March, before the series premiere. “Hands down, [Episode] 5, it just gets real,” he told Comicbook.com. “You’re going to cry.”

Spellman hasn’t been the only one to heap praise on the upcoming episode, either. On last week’s episode of Vanity Fair’s Still Watching podcast, Marvel producer Nate Moore said, “Episode 5 gets to bring a lot of the threads that maybe felt disparate or not fully formed together. ... I think Episode 4 is going to be a lot of people’s favorite episode for action reasons and big character turns, but [Episode] 5 gets to really be the culmination of the theme. And I do think, both from an acting standpoint and from a filmmaking standpoint, it’s our strongest episode.”
Moore spoke earlier in that podcast about how the fabric of the show centers on legacy, with the overarching themes interrogating Captain America’s legacy as well as America’s. Presenting the fifth episode as the “culmination” of the show’s examination of legacy aligns with the expected showdown between Walker and Sam, who may finally decide that the mantle Steve entrusted to him would be better off in his hands. ....
Beyond applauding the quality of the episode, Spellman curiously teased that it would also feature a major cameo—a rather rare move for the often tight-lipped Marvel. (Well, a rare move unless you’re Paul Bettany, and the cameo is yourself.) While many fans were quick to speculate that the cameo could mean the return of Chris Evans’s Steve Rogers—probably still sitting on a bench somewhere—or the introduction of a character like Florence Pugh’s Yelena Belova to tie into the impending Black Widow prequel film, Slashfilm reported that the surprise character won’t be one who has either appeared in an MCU film or is expected to in the future. Spellman said that it would be a “very grounded” character with a strong personality whom he’d love to see “partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor.” With the only other details from Slashfilm’s report revealing that it’s an existing Marvel comics character played by a “well-known performer,” though, there are any number of possibilities for the mystery role, with decades of characters to pull from the vaults. This could be an opportunity to introduce a character from Zemo’s Thunderbolts group, Eli Bradley’s Young Avengers, or someone from Steve Rogers’s ancient past that isn’t named Wolverine. Perhaps we’ll finally learn who the Power Broker is. Or, if a Bradley flashback is actually on the way, Falcon could introduce another character from Kyle Baker’s and Robert Morales’s Truth: Red, White & Black, which Spellman has urged viewers to read while watching his series.

FALCON AND WINTER SOLDIER EPISODE 5 PREDICTIONS: _____________ IS DOOMED
JAKE KLEINMAN    APRIL 13, 2021
Inverse article link 

Spoiler

A lot of different things could make Falcon and the Winter Soldier fans cry, but there’s a reason I'm thinking of Isaiah Bradley.

In an interview with Vanity Fair’s Still Watching podcast, Marvel Studios producer Nate Moore revealed that there is “more to come” for Isaiah Bradley. The rest of the interview goes into intriguing detail on Bradley’s place in the MCU and how the series changed him from the original comics, but let’s just focus on the fact that his character will return before Falcon and the Winter Soldier is done.

We know Isaiah Bradley will show up at least one more time. We also know that Baron Zemo is on the loose and hates all super soldiers. And we know that Episode 5 is going to make us cry. Are you starting to see where this is going?

Did Wyatt Russell Just Tease ___________' Appearance In Falcon and the Winter Soldier?
Richard Nebens    April 13, 2021
The Direct article link 

Spoiler

In a recent interview with BBC Radio 1, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier star Wyatt Russell was asked if he had ever met Captain America actor Chris Evans as the interviewer joked about the meme-worthiness of an image of the two together.

Russell teased that he's only possibly "walked by him somewhere and made eye contact," but joked that it was in more of a "stalker" fashion. However, Russell then said that fans will have to "wait until the end of [The Falcon and the Winter Soldier]" for a potential answer about him and Evans meeting:

“Have I ever met Chris Evans? I think I have. I don’t think I’ve ‘shook his hand’ met him, but I think I’ve walked by him somewhere and made eye contact. That counts as being a stalker, that doesn’t count as meeting anybody. But, I guess it would. You just gotta wait until the end of the series and then everybody will be like, 'Oh, wow.’”

Here's the BBC Radio 1 Interview that's linked in the above article:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Based on the post-credits scene of ep 5, here's my speculation. There's a classic What If? issue (so non-canon) where Captain America wasn't unfrozen till 1984, but in the 70s the broken lunatic right-wing fake Cap was awoken and various evil interests leaned on his existing biases so he would help turn America into a fascist mockery of its ideals. Anyways, real Cap is eventually unfrozen and fights fake Cap in Madison Square Garden, and at one point he crushes fake Cap's not-very-indestructible shield with the real shield. That moment is what I think they might do, now that Walker has made himself an ersatz shield. But with Sam wielding the real shield, of course, not Steve.

• Useful 2

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Director Teases [DELETED WORDS] in Series Finale
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - April 17, 2021 05:30 pm EDT
ComicBook.com article link 

Spoiler

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier director Kari Skogland teases the reveal of Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) as the all-new Captain America when the Marvel Studios original series concludes on April 23. ....

On Skogland's Instagram story, the director shared a brief clip from the final moments of Episode 5 with the added touch of a twirling Captain America shield. The episode ends with Sam opening a case gifted to him by the Wakandans, who have specially tailored the winged red-white-and-blue suit he'll wear as the new Captain America.
kari-skogland-on-instagram-1264876.jpeg 

Edited by tv echo

How much of a time jump was there between Bucky asking for a favour and delivering the case? Are there a bunch of engineers sitting idle in Wakanda?

Shuri: Hurry up! White Wolf is waiting for this package in Sokovia... where there is no Disneyland or Coachella.

TechBoy: Princess, we have not had a chance to test this.

Shuri: It will be tested in combat. Go now!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Given who Shuri is and that she's brilliant, I'd think they'd always be working on or developing one thing or another. She has the resources to have two or three teams of engineers employed at once, and I always thought Bucky being without the replacement arm for however long was a personal choice, not that she hadn't already offered the new and much-improved one to him. Failsafe or not, I don't think it took her two years to design and have the replacement made.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Given who Shuri is and that she's brilliant, I'd think they'd always be working on or developing one thing or another. She has the resources to have two or three teams of engineers employed at once, and I always thought Bucky being without the replacement arm for however long was a personal choice, not that she hadn't already offered the new and much-improved one to him. Failsafe or not, I don't think it took her two years to design and have the replacement made.

I like to think that she started developing her own version of the wings as soon as she saw Sam using them in Infinity War. As well as creating her own version of the War Machine and Hulk Buster suits.

Can you imagine a vibranium Iron Man suit? 

• Love 2

I'm seeing a lot of speculation that Val is a villain because she was Madame Hydra in her most recent appearance in the comics. However, she was a loyal agent of Shield for most of the characters existence.  So it's just as possible that she's working for Fury and whatever organization he's built to replace Shield? After all Fury would definitely see the advantage to a super soldier that was willing to cross lines Steve Rogers wouldn't.

Eric Voss of New Rockstars (he of the Easter Egg finder vids on YouTube) spec'd that the Power Broker is 

Spoiler

The Mandarin, Wen Wu (Tony Leung), which is why they made sure they dropped the Sheng Chi trailer when they did.

That'd actually be kind of cool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

You know how one always knows the fate of a Marvel character?  The toys give it away.  John Walker may be finished as Captain America - but his future as US Agent is coming.  I have seen his action figure.

• Love 2