Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: When Everything Seems Wrong

• Start Topic

Leah -

-I realize she has a lot going on, but can she call the insurance company herself - as the mother of the child being insured - to see if anything can be done/encourage progress/provide additional information? Probably not the best way to handle, but if it can help gets the wheelchair...?

-The conversation with her friend about how Ali's legs would just give out one day was super awkward

-Why is there a child crawling on the kitchen counter!?

Chelsea -

- Please stop talking on the phone while driving. Please stop talking on the phone while driving with your child!

- I'm super jealous of her brand new fancy kitchen appliances.

Kail -

- I may be a crackpot, but what was going on in Jo's kitchen

a. that random vent pipe leading either to or from the spice rack?

b. the bottles of champagne sitting above the stove?

c. scraping the non-stick pan with a metal spoon! please stop!!!!!

• Love 1

I can relate to the kid mentioned who wrote about the holidays, and I was an adult when my parents divorced. They pretend they can be in the same location together but they really can't. I admire parents that can make it work, because I think it's so much better for the kids. It seems like Leah/Jeremy/Corey/Miranda have sorted it out for the most part. I hope that Kail/Javi/Jo/Vee can get to that point too. The others don't seem too likely - though that might be safer when we're talking about Aubree and Jace's dads.

Kail -
- I may be a crackpot, but what was going on in Jo's kitchen
a. that random vent pipe leading either to or from the spice rack?
b. the bottles of champagne sitting above the stove?
c. scraping the non-stick pan with a metal spoon! please stop!!!!!

haha oh my gosh. I had the same exact thoughts during that segment. Especially that weird vent pipe thing. I actually paused to try and figure it out but never did.

• Love 1

What was up with Barbara? Just minutes after chastising Jace for not playing right with the slide, she hits poor little Gabriel with slide. Then she just cackles and cackles and I never heard her apologize to Gabriel, or even show any concern if he had been hurt or not. Unbelievable!

When Chelsea was in the car talking at length to Randy about the licensing problems, Aubrey was in the back seat. I noticed that Chelsea often had no hands on the wheel and it looked to me like Aubrey was not completely buckled in her car seat. It looked like she only had a lap belt fastened, nothing across her chest.

That stood out to me also. Chelsea chastised Aubree for not settling down in the back seat, then AFTER she started the car and started driving, she called Randy and proceeded to have a phone conversation WHILE driving. Poor Aubree is not safe in the car with either parent, it seems.

I was trying to figure out that vent thing, too. I've never seen anything like that!

Vee is using it to get high? (Shades of the pics of her doing the same in a gas mask.) JK.

I think it's good for Leah to get out to the house and interact with others without her kids for a while, even if she's only getting minimum wage at this point. And maybe Jeremy can start doing some of the cooking or laundry? One can dream.

• Love 3

Jenelle: You drink at weird times of the day as well. Like you'll drink in the middle of the day.

Nathan: When did I ever drink in the middle of the day besides that one time--

Jenelle: Today.

Takes a real winner to make Jenelle sound like the Einstein of the conversation.

• Love 10
(edited)

When Kail said she was meeting friends for coffee, I was confused by how she made these friends, in a new city, when she’s supposedly stuck at home, miserable, with Lincoln attached to her boob all day.  Then I thought maybe they were other military wives.  But, after seeing them it seemed like they were a couple.  Now I’m convinced MTV just put an ad out looking or people to pose as Kail’s friends, so she could have someone to explain her thoughts to.

From what I can see Kail knows them from when she lived in PA though I don't know how she became friends with them.  The one girl was wearing a hoodie that said Belvidere Soccer. She is from Belvidere.  I'm from the area too.  Belvidere is 30 minutes away from Easton,PA where Kail is from.  And yes I do believe you are on the right track when you say they seem like a couple.  I don't know this girl personally but its a small town if you know what I mean.

Edited by Rottiemommie

ugh, Chelsea has a big ol' house and no job??!?!  Please, Daddy Randybucks is paying for that, and all the new furniture and appliances too.  

Corndogs for dinner!?!??  That's the best you can find when food shopping?!?!  And Aubree clearly was OUT of her child seat while Chelsea was angrily driving and talking to Randy because she didn't get one over on the DOL.  I knew it was bad news as soon as she said, "Dad!"  She's such a biotch to Randy, too and he does EVERYTHING for her.  I was really disappointed in her when she TOLD Daddy he needs to get her a lawyer.  She needs to grow up, would love for her to deal with life's obstacles and NOT call Daddy every time to help bail her out.  I have ZERO respect for her.

Leah - you and Grandma taking care of the kids breakfast and you throw Cinnamon Buns at the kids and call it a breakfast?!?!?

These two drive me nuts - more so than Janelle and Kail!

• Love 2
She needs to grow up, would love for her to deal with life's obstacles and NOT call Daddy every time to help bail her out.

I often wonder how many of these scenes are staged. Randy seems to be always available with nothing to do but listen to Chelsea's whining phone calls at any time of the day.

(edited)

I often wonder how many of these scenes are staged. Randy seems to be always available with nothing to do but listen to Chelsea's whining phone calls at any time of the day.

I'd guess most of them. Randy's a practicing dentist, he's gotta be busy sometimes.

And @JerseyGirl, what's so bad about corn dogs? I mean, they're not the healthiest, but kids love them and they'd just moved that day, so I don't fault her at all for making something easy and fast.

Edited by Universalhunter

I'm not too partial on corn dogs since I put stuff like that under the "Going Out Of Your Way To Eat Crap" category, but I don't have issue with Chelsea just fixing an easy quick snack type of food for dinner for the first night. If I remember correctly, the dinners on most of my Moving Days usually consisted of takeout. At the end of all that hauling and unpacking, the last thing you want to do is actually cook.

• Love 2
Aubree, for me, just seems to have moments but is overall sweet. Leah's Gracie seems like more than a handful, though, with the hitting and threats of kicking.

I agree. Leah's mini-me seems way worse than Aubree. When Aubree has her little fits, she genuinely seems upset and this is typical of most tantrums I see with my kids. Do you need to just accept it? No. But it's normal. Aleeah on the other hand has this gleeful smile on her face as she hits her mom and sasses her - she totally knows she can get away with whatever she wants. She is on the fast track to epic brattitude. 

• Love 3

You would think Randy would be more UNavailable than most people since, I would assume, a huge part of his day has him with his hands in someone's mouth. I call my husband and he's at his desk sitting in front of a computer. She calls Randy, you would think he's got a patient with a drill in his hand?

I typically like Chelsea more than the other girls. But you guys are right that she really needs to be weaned off Randy's teat. I might make the same calls (to bitch, mostly, about something I got in the mail, etc) but I call my husband. Chelsea doesn't have a SO but it is more than to bitch. She wants Randy to FIX IT. It's why we don't see her calling Mary all of the time and you would think she'd sometimes do that if her goal was only to have someone listen to her. Randy fixes things for her. They can pretend like she's all grown up and independent now because she bought a house "on her own," but she really is way too dependent on her daddy to fix things in her life.

• Love 2

Leah -

-I realize she has a lot going on, but can she call the insurance company herself - as the mother of the child being insured - to see if anything can be done/encourage progress/provide additional information? Probably not the best way to handle, but if it can help gets the wheelchair...?

Because Leah is remarried, she is no longer on Corey's insurance. As a result, Corey's insurance will likely not speak to her, even though Ali is her daughter. Corey is the policy holder, so therefore, he is the one who has to be in contact with them. Leah can make medical decisions, talk to doctors - none of that changes...but the insurance policy is Corey's...not Leah's, and because she is not listed on the policy, the insurance company couldn't care less who she is. They won't speak to her.

A lot of people have pointed out about Chelsea talking on the phone while driving. I agree that it isn't the safest thing to do, especially with a child in the car. But, it may be perfectly legal in her state. In my state, you can talk on the phone while driving (does not have to be hands free), but texting is illegal. Not disagreeing with the SAFETY of it at all, but I know around here, people don't realize how unsafe it is because it's something they have always done...they can't possibly be any more distracted while driving, their eyes are still on the road, besides, it's legal! (duh!)

Kali needs to STFU about being separated from her husband for one whole month.  She pushed him to join the Air Force so she could take advantage of the military benefits, and separation is one price you have to pay.  My mother took care of 5 Army Brats while my father was involved with a little thing called World War II, so I have no sympathy for Kali.

• Love 3

Regarding talkig on a cell phone while driving, it's banned in these States:

California

Delaware

District of Columbia

Hawaii

Illinois

Maryland

Nevada

New Jersey

New York

Oregon

Vermont (effective 10/2014)

Washington

West Virginia (wait, so Leah is breaking the law???)

Kail needs to stop bitching about Javi going away. She's starting to sound like Leah. "I have two kids, it's so hard". Cry me a river, Kail! You knew damn well what you were getting into when you married Javi. Maybe you shouldn't have had the second baby so soon. Lots of parents raise more than one kid. You're no saint. 

Ok I watched Leah's scene at the tanning salon again. Sigh...just what in the crap is going on with her head?

Is that a weave? Clip-ins gone bad? Are they those singular extensions that are attached to about 20 strands at a time? What? With 12 kids and 4 dogs, wouldn't she be better served with a simple cut or a ponytail?

And I really don't understand the haircut. It looks so chopped up. Like it was hacked. I don't get it. Can any weavologist she'd some light for me. I'm fascinated and horrified at the some time.

• Love 2
(edited)

I swear this is my last hair post.  I'm not even a stylist, I'm just into it.  There are several types of hair extensions.  The simplest is fake hair on a comb that you affix like a barrette.  A few other options are: glued on pieces to several strands of hair at the root, layers of hair glued near the scalp, chemically bonded pieces, sewn in pieces, and removable pieces that affix to the head similar to a wig.  Leah most likely has glued on pieces.  The process damages the hair and as that hair grows out, you see the root damage.  It can often cause hair to break or fall off below the glue line, leaving a really choppy mess.  The highest quality extensions use human hair and chemical bonding.  Those can be removed and preserve some of the scalp hair quality.  Extensions are often colored and Leah's appear to be worked on.  If the stylist isn't really skilled at color, it ruins how the extension lays and leads to the glue line damage.  If you have lightly or medium textured hair, halo hairpieces work the best and cause the least damage.  Fit is important for halos because it literally is a string around your head hidden by hair. Highly textured hair is a great candidate for sew in type extensions. The hair shaft is less smooth giving the thread some grip.  Almost all extension are expensive even the stuff I described as lower quality.  That mess on her head probably ran $500-800.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos
  • Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for that. Because I've had glue on tracks of hair, had it sewn in, even clipped on but I have never seen damage like what is going on on top of Leah's head.

It's no wonder Jeremy doesn't want to come home. The town cutey took a turn for the worst and QUICK!

I understand the pressure of trying to stay cute with kids and especially if one is sick. I just hope she learns that sometimes simplest is best before she is completely bald. He'll even Chelsea seems to have located the conditioner aisle.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 1

Kailyn's scarf - it must have to do with breastfeeding. She's nursing a lot on this show. I don't remember if Isaac was nursed much or at all (I remember Jo and Kailyn fighting about the formula bottle in the microwave!). Even though she's not using the scarf to cover anything, it looks more normal from the neck up. The scene I noticed it in, she was wearing a button down shirt, and had it unbuttoned. So it wasn't as obvious that she was partially naked. I have no problem with public nursing, I'm just pointing out why MTV might have been into the scarf idea.

Leah talking about Ali like she's not in the room when she is - is this normal? I don't hang around kids ever, so I don't know if it happens a lot. But really, when Leah and Jeremy are on the sofa with all 3 kids crawling around, do they have to refer to Ali in the 3rd person? Do a lot of parents do this?

And speaking of sofas! Randy let the sofa bounce on Chelsea's new floor? What the heck? Who moves a sofa by himself and then just lets it plop down instead of letting it down?

• Love 2

I think they were all surprised to be picked up for another season so they were moving on. Leah had an actual job (and good for her - even if it is just low paying crap - what else is she qualified for?). Jenelle was toying with the idea of school (I'm assuming that's over by now?). Kail as doing the family. And Chelsea actually finished a school, but still manages to be a gigantic entitled brat, IMO.

Regarding Chelsea 2.0, I agree she's going to tire of that situation real fast. Frankly, I find Aubree annoying and bratty. She's not a kid I could be around for any length of time, let alone live with.

Yeah, I would be willing to bet that we see Chelsea and one of her pals (the gal she went to LA with or Landon) pick up and try a life in an LA condo. And I'm sure Randy would pay for it. Adam may balk for the cameras, but when he ends up in prison (and it's coming, I'm sure) Chelsea will be free to go because he won't care anyway about seeing his kids. I think she treats Aubree as WAY too much of a girlfriend. Kids have their moments, but Aubree has her mother and grandfather wrapped around her tiny finger. Plus I think there's a ton of stuff we don't know about Chelsea. Adam has alluded to her sleeping with his friends. Sure, it's ADAM, but we also didn't see that Adam and Chelsea like to hop into bed with each other on occasion (or did in the not too distant past), but we don't see that. MTV seems to want her to be the good girl of the franchise. I'll bet anything she's no celibate home alone gal. And I'm not saying she should be - just that editing plays a huge part with all of them.

Isaac's party meltdown didn't bug me in the least. He was cranky ... he's FOUR. I actually DID have an adults only party for my son when he was four. Lots of family and friends (he went to preschool but we didn't have that kind of party. we did later, and meltdowns happen there too). No one will remember one thing about it. I know it's on film, but I've got lots of home movies of bratty, cranky kids too that will not scar them for life.

I know Kail is a pain in a lot of ways, but I think she's a very fair, decent mom. She talks to Isaac like an adult (unlike Chelsea's girlfriendy baby talk shit), and he seems to be a very smart, sweet boy. Just keep him away from Jo's whacked out vent situation!

I guess next week we get Leah on pills. I'm guessing she got some sort of anti-anxiety med and she feels "druggy". I personally hate those things because they just made me sleepy and MORE depressed during a trying time. She does have a lot to deal with, but those things are not for everyone (my sister loves them, I despise them).

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe Leah will get herself a Miley Cyrus/Jennifer Lawrence/Anne Hathaway style haircut. It'd be fashionable AND functional. Or at the very least it's a step above the nonsense she's got going on right now. And I agree with whoever said Corey's just passive about stuff like the girlses insurance. Leah (or even Miranda) needs to light a fire under his ass about it. Your kid needs special medical equipment and as the dad with the insurance policy it's your job to make it happen!!! I dunno how many times I have been on the phone with my insurance company about things for me that weren't covered or needed extra info. If I had a kid who needed care that was being denied you better believe I'd be up their asses practically every day til I was satisifed. This is not one of those times to "just accept it".

Kail's party for Isaac....boring. Bunch of adults and a cranky kid. Blah. I see that stuff when my nephews come over. I'm also sick of her whining about Javi and the military...that's what SHE wanted! She can STFU. We all know raising 2 kids is hard, but yet so many people do it. Suck it up.

Chelsea....beautiful house. But I'm sketchy on this cosmetology license thing. I really think there's more to the story than we're allowed to hear about. Innocent people don't get so worked up about things. I think someone ratted her out to the DOL and they're just saying it was social media. I mean honestly, who doesn't talk about their wedding on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc. these days? I see that stuff every day lately. So it'd be an easy scapegoat for sure.

Nathan is a piece of shit. I'm not claiming to be a saint and I've definitely been day drunk before, but holy crap. Dude is just dead behind the eyes. He does not get it. It's really sad when Jenelle is the voice of reason in a situation such as this. It's also weird that besides the ultrasound appointment you really don't see them preparing for Kaiser's arrival. At all. Also, who is that Gabriel kid? Is he Jace's cousin? He seems to be around a lot and I was curious if Barb adopted an orphan or something, lol.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

Gabriel is Jenelle's sister's kid. From the amount of time he spends at Barb's I'm wondering if she has custody of him as well.

I can't imagine Chelsea's house was all that expensive. The exterior is beautiful but the interior had really cheap finishes. If the house was around 200k, she could easily afford that with TM money. However once that's gone I'm sure Randylicious will be footing the mortgage.

• Love 1
"If you want me to stop drinking I will?"

"That is not the issue."
If Nathan stops drinking, who will Jenelle drink with when she gets the green light to begin her partying ways.

I also think Jenelle likes having something to blame their asshole behavior on. Is Nathan some stand-up sweetheart when he's sober? Not from what I've seen. This girl craves dysfunction. It's all she knows. If she had some straigh-as-an-arrow boyfriend, she would look like the devil in comparison. But next to Kieffer, Courtland, Nathan? It's not as stark of a contrast.

• Love 1

Regarding talkig on a cell phone while driving, it's banned in these States:

California

Delaware

District of Columbia

Hawaii

Illinois

Maryland

Nevada

New Jersey

New York

Oregon

Vermont (effective 10/2014)

Washington

West Virginia (wait, so Leah is breaking the law???)

I live in Vermont and we can use a cell phone while driving (not hands free), however it is illegal to text while driving. 

Drivers under the age of 18 can not talk or text.

It might be a good thing for Chelsea to move to another state and be more on her own, away from Randy (and South Dakota). She could certainly find work in LA (assuming she ever gets her license).

It might be good for her to get less dependent on her dad, I agree. But I don't think she has to move to do that. (And, lets face it, Randy's help is a paypal login or phone call away no matter where she lives.)  LA would be super expensive for her compared to South Dakota plus she would be away from her support system (mixed bag, I know). And, finally, I couldn't tell you if she was good at this job or not and has what it takes to make it in the big city. If she was by herself, I'd think she could go for it but not when she has someone else depending on her, at least.

(edited)

tried to quote but it didn't come through.

To the person from Vermont:  starting in October, it will be illegal to hold a cellphone and drive at the same time.

I'm surprised it's not a law in all 50 States.  They really crack down here and will pull you over if you are holding a cell phone.

I'm surprised Chelsea doesn't at least recognize that it's dangerous with Aubree in the car.  She could have just had that phone conversation in the parking lot, but no, she pulls away THEN calls.\

Big no-no.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

tried to quote but it didn't come through.

To the person from Vermont:  starting in October, it will be illegal to hold a cellphone and drive at the same time.

I'm surprised it's not a law in all 50 States.  They really crack down here and will pull you over if you are holding a cell phone.

Depends on where you live I guess. I live in SoCal and I see people talking on their phone while driving literally daily. I can probably count 10+ people on my 10 mile drive to work if I wanted to (and that's just cars I can easily see next to me). I never see anyone get stopped for it, although I did see some lady scream at a teenager who was in the car next to her once at a stoplight for being on her phone. Good for you lady. I've almost been hit several times by people talking or texting, especially while driving around parking lots. 

But yeah, it drives me nuts to see Chelsea doing that with Aubrey in the car. Especially since she's usually upset on the phone which would make her even more distracted. She can't wait until she gets home to call her dad and complain? Plus I don't think Aubrey needs to hear all of Chelsea's personal issues either. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The law here in New Jersey:

Effective July 1, 2014, the fines for talking or texting on a hand-held wireless communications device will increase. First time offenders will face a fine of at least $200. The fine associated with a second offense will increase to at least $400 and drivers who are caught a third time will face a fine of at least $600, a possible 90-day suspension of their driver's license and will be assessed (3) three motor vehicle penalty points

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/About/safety_cellphone.htm

hands-free cell phone use in a car is to be used SPARINGLY

cellphone03.jpg cellphone02.jpg cellphone01.jpg

Edited by JerseyGirl

I get that certain states want to mandate the use of hands-free devices for safety, but I don't think they can have any input on how often a person uses them while driving. That part is just laughable. Are cops going to start going through your phone history if you get pulled over?

Perhaps. It's possible that phone data may or may not be used in a criminal or civil case. A few things you should not do:

Hand your phone to a law officer. You have just given permission to search the device. This applies to smart phone insurance cards. Don't do it.

Say you were using the phone.

Actually use the phone while driving. It's dangerous and no ones thoughts are important enough to play games with safety.

• Love 1

Yes. The cellphone ban is a primary-enforcement law, which means seeing you talking on the phone is cause for pulling you over. You cannot hold a handset to your head and drive. However, you can still use a hands-free set.

I agree with others who think there is more to the story then we're getting with Chelsea's licensing.  Why couldn't she have waited to drive to talk to her father?  I know Aubree was complaining but she could have explained they would leave after she made the phone call.

I think Isaac is just overwhelmed by all the changes around him.  He's dealt with a lot recently and if Kail and Javi are fighting that is probably making things a lot worse.  I also agree with a previous poster that it's possible Isaac is seeing his mother hit/strangle Javi.  As far as the party it might have been mostly family there since Javi does seem to have a large family.  Their house isn't huge and it looked fairly cramped when they were opening gifts and with inviting school friends things can get tricky because you either invite the class or none at all or look like a jerk to somebody you leave out.

It might be good for her to get less dependent on her dad, I agree. But I don't think she has to move to do that. (And, lets face it, Randy's help is a paypal login or phone call away no matter where she lives.)  LA would be super expensive for her compared to South Dakota plus she would be away from her support system (mixed bag, I know). And, finally, I couldn't tell you if she was good at this job or not and has what it takes to make it in the big city. If she was by herself, I'd think she could go for it but not when she has someone else depending on her, at least.

I agree. I don't think Chelsea or Aubrey need to move. She's finally gotten off her butt & finished school & was working. I think she needs the support system emotionally that she gets from both her parents. They also babysit for her when needed. I get that her dad should stop supporting her financially but I can't be mad at her for having a great relationship with him that goes beyond money. You can see that they have a loving & wonderful friendship on top of a dad/daughter one. Her mother is close to her too. She's very lucky to have 2 parents, even though they are divorced who she can be so open & close with. I could never do that with my mother. 

• Love 1

That vent thingy looks exactly like the one I have above my stove, except mine is hidden in the cabinet. It also resembles the one going out of my dryer. The one in Jo's kitchen was not even above the stove, correct?

Correct. It seemed to be connected to the carousel spice rack. It made about as much sense to me as keeping an unopened bottle of sparkly on the back of the stove. It was all so odd.

Edited by MissMel

I hate to say it, but Jace is a budding sociopath. That kid is not ok. He has zero abstract empathy. His solution whenever an adult asks him what they should do is always violent: Hit it, kickit, kill it. He has zero situational empathy. He's violent with people and plays without any regard for other kids getting hurt. I know it's natural for young kids to be very narssacistic, but Jace is 4. He should be showing some awareness of other people by now. Whatever Barbara is doing it's not working. Sadly, as things stand now, I see a lot of prison time in Jace's future.

I'll reserve judgement on Chelsa's license. It could be there was a serious violation. It could be that due to her celebrity a rather minor issue is getting blown out of proportion. Like maybe she was compensated for gas or somebody paid for a hotel room for her and the LB is calling that payment. I just can't really see Chelsa charging her friends in this type of situation. She doesn't need the money. I can see her being dumb enough not to realize that a service swap or a thank you gift could be considered payment.

Why do you watch it if you hate absolutely everything and everyone on the show? (Referring to the person who wrote the article) I mean every single thing that you could talk negatively about with this show, you do! Jesus, why watch something that you can find that much crap to complain about???

Why watch something that you dislike so much? Whats the point in watching a show that you literally complain about anything and everything possible on there? I mean seriously why are you so negative about every single little thing on the show? Wbat is the point in watching if you can't find anything positive to say about it? Because no bs you complained about every second of the show. Your article was so negative

There are some couples/parents who just can't get along and these parents SHOULD divorce and be separate and never interact around the kids because that would just be too much toxic drama to drag the kids into. My own parents are this type; they like to brag about their 37 year marriage and say they don't believe in divorce because of their religion but they hate each other and treat each other horribly, and they've been that way ever since I was an adolescent. Although I'm in my 30's I despise being around both of them together (I live over 2,000 miles away so that I rarely have to be!) and when they have wanted to come visit my newborn I've told them to wait at least a month and to come separately, because I can not deal with their toxic relationship and I do not plan to expose my child to it.

Yeah, it's nice when divorced parents can get along and be together at events for the sake of the kid, Leah and Corey style (but I don't think they are perfect models because clearly Leah still wants Corey and goes running complaining to him about Jeremy as a father and step-father and husband... THAT is not healthy for those kids to be around either!) But people like my parents never know how to do the right thing for their children or themselves. They thrive on drama. They cannot be around each other and not fight. So I think the best we can hope for in those kinds of situations is that the parents hate each other enough to stay far apart and do exchanges through grandparents (like some of the TM/TM2 parents have done in the past) and to never ever let their children see them being so mean and horrid to each other or even talking badly about the other parent to or in front of the kid. (Which IMO is a test that ALL of the TM/TM2 parents completely fail, and it's sad because, believe me, a child internalizes one parent's hatred/disparaging remarks about the other. We are all products of BOTH of our parents and what is said about one parent-- especially by the other parent-- we often take as reflections of ourselves, when we are children at least and often into adulthood.)

(edited)

ugh, Chelsea has a big ol' house and no job??!?!  Please, Daddy Randybucks is paying for that, and all the new furniture and appliances too.  

Corndogs for dinner!?!??  That's the best you can find when food shopping?!?!  And Aubree clearly was OUT of her child seat while Chelsea was angrily driving and talking to Randy because she didn't get one over on the DOL.  I knew it was bad news as soon as she said, "Dad!"  She's such a biotch to Randy, too and he does EVERYTHING for her.  I was really disappointed in her when she TOLD Daddy he needs to get her a lawyer.  She needs to grow up, would love for her to deal with life's obstacles and NOT call Daddy every time to help bail her out.  I have ZERO respect for her.

Leah - you and Grandma taking care of the kids breakfast and you throw Cinnamon Buns at the kids and call it a breakfast?!?!?

These two drive me nuts - more so than Janelle and Kail!

I'm sorry but I think these critiques are so petty. I've enjoyed my share of corndogs for dinner and cinnamon buns for breakfast (yum!) and I'm a healthy, happy woman in my mid- 30's. Granted, I ate much worse as a child than I do now (I'm from south central PA where the most popular dish to make at home is "tater tot casserole" and where fishsticks or corndogs are definitely considered dinners)! And as an adult it's only an occasional treat for me but it's very very common for many American families (especially in small towns or in WV/ SD etc.) to make these quick and easy meals or to enjoy fatty junk food as their main dish, so it's certainly not like these moms are worse than many American moms.

Do you really ONLY EVER eat super healthy food? If so, cool but I really don't think that's the norm and I don't think these moms should be dinged for making/buying something really quick and easy to eat *while they are in the middle of moving* (on that one I'm defending Chelsea-- I'm sure it's much more common for Leah but on the other hand she has 3 kids aged 4 and younger and one of them has special needs and her husband is gone for work a lot, so, no, I don't expect her to be a perfect cook of gourmet and completely healthy food all the time. I'm not saying I AGREE with all of these choices she's made but she's in the thick of discovering what reality is like for all the choices she's made AND the crappy hand that life dealt her/Ali in terms of Ali's condition, so as long as the kids are eating something and being cared for and not neglected then I really don't think it's my place to judge.)

I eat healthy for the most part but I believe in pizza nights and sometimes poptarts for breakfast when I have a busy day-- they're easy to eat and I think they taste great. Sure, I don't live on them, and for my son cookies or cake are treats for birthday parties or when Grandma is watching him, etc... and Leah's family probably does live on bad food, but I doubt that Chelsea's family does. Chelsea has gotten into great shape and apparently exercises (as does Aubree-- in her dance classes and softball games) so I really don't get why she's being slammed for making a quick and easy meal while moving into a new house.  Hubby and I ordered pizza and soda or beer for ourselves and all helpers when we move into a new house or clean the garage or have a yard sale etc... and our son eats the pizza and loves it. We also eat hot dogs when we're at baseball games. I don't see how that's different than heating up corndogs while in the midst of moving but maybe if I was being filmed for a reality TV show (which I would never agree to be, but then I'd be missing out on some sweet piles of cash!), I'd be considered to be a bad mom too for not ensuring that my son eats only organic healthy high nutrition foods under any and all circumstances. If so then please pass that Worst Mom of the Year trophy my way please, and I will display it with pride, if the worst thing for Internet commenters to say about my parenting on an episode is that I fed my kid a corndog or a cinnabon!

...And Chelsea does have a job, as a reality TV show star with cameras following her around all the time, and viewers like us watching and commenting on and judging her every mood. She certainly deserves to get paid for that and to spend her money as she sees fit, just as we all do with the jobs we have. (Yes I count that as a job-- she is under contract to do something and is getting paid for it and is providing entertainment off of which MTV is profiting). 

Edited by GuiltyPleasureTV
  • Love 1