Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: When Everything Seems Wrong

• Start Topic

Oi. Line of the night? This exchange:

"If you want me to stop drinking I will."

"That's not the issue..."

Uh yes Jenelle. Yes, that IS the issue.

Also, I'm so confused about Issac's party. Does he still nap daily? If so, wouldn't you schedule the party around his nap time and, you know, not wake the sleeping child up?

My head hurts from the stupid. And that's not even discussing Leah. At least her makeup was...not as bad.

Chelsea's situation is confusing, as well. Nice new house though. And I do like her relationship with Aubrey...it's sweet and I appreciate that she went to talk with her after yelling at her after the oven door incident. She had me all the way up until she swore with her in the car. Sigh.

• Love 6

I think Cory needs a wake up call, he just seems like he is in such denial and doesn't want to do anything about it...

As for Kali and javi, maybe Isaac was upset because daddy and Vee chose not to go to the party, which I think was wrong... Even if they would of made an appearance and left, it would of meant the world to Isaac...

And as for jenelle and Nathan, why would she start asking him things when he has been drinking? I personally wouldn't want either one around my kids and okay, Jace goes to play on that thing to get yelled at, but barb can go accidentally hit that other kid and laugh about it?

As for Chelsea, I think her friend screwed her over.... And why does Adam want to have Aubrey more?? I wouldn't want my dog around him...

Oi. Line of the night? This exchange:

"If you want me to stop drinking I will."

"That's not the issue..."

Uh yes Jenelle. Yes, that IS the issue.

Also, I'm so confused about Issac's party. Does he still nap daily? If so, wouldn't you schedule the party around his nap time and, you know, not wake the sleeping child up?

My head hurts from the stupid. And that's not even discussing Leah. At least her makeup was...not as bad.

Chelsea's situation is confusing, as well. Nice new house though. And I do like her relationship with Aubrey...it's sweet and I appreciate that she went to talk with her after yelling at her after the oven door incident. She had me all the way up until she swore with her in the car. Sigh.

To me, it seemed like Kail was making the party all about her and javi....Isaac clearly was tired and all Kail was doing was making the issue about him being ungrateful....

• Love 2
(edited)

I genuinely feel for Leah. She's really doing her best and she impresses me more than any of them. I'd be extremely anxious and frustrated about the insurance as well- not that it's Corey's fault, but I get what she says. It sounds like Ali is already getting a bit worse.

Kail's been showing a bit of growth so far this season. The scene with Jo and Vee just kinda confirmed to me why I don't like Jo any more than Kail- they sit there and gossip and act holier-than-thou about her just like Kail and Javi do about him. And if they didn't plan on going, they should have at least let her know and thanked her anyway, because it seemed like they just figured they weren't coming once the party was already underway.

Barbara is so goddamn harsh. I know she's older and she did Jenelle a solid by taking Jace, but she's just harsh to him. I can't think of a better word.

She had me all the way up until she swore with her in the car. Sigh.

Eh, that doesn't bother me. Kids will learn those words. It's just not a big deal to me at all. My parents swore around me all the time and I don't think I'm any worse off. Edited by Universalhunter
  • Love 1

I don't understand why Isaac was napping during his party - maybe he didn't sleep well the night before or something, but they can't have been surprised that he was cranky when he was woken up mid-nap to come open presents.  It seemed like Kail and Javi were trying to be understanding, but I'm sure it's also embarrassing when your kid is saying he doesn't like all of these gifts in front of their guests.  It's too bad that Jo and Vee didn't show, but I was glad to hear Vee bringing up the fact that eventually Isaac would have more major events that he'll want his parents to be at together and be civil.  Baby steps, I guess.  

I'm glad that Chelsea brought up calling a lawyer about her licensing issues.  I don't know anything about these types of regulations, but this seems totally blown out of proportion, so I hope she can get it sorted out.  

Leah's frustration with the wheelchair situation is understandable, but I'm not getting the impression that Corey is dropping the ball here.  I hope that the early intervention staff at Ali's school are doing what they can to help.  I work in special ed, and sometimes it's very difficult for parents to navigate the labyrinth of paperwork and red tape necessary to get these types of resources, even if it's through their insurance.  I can't imagine how many hoops they may have to jump through in the first place, plus whatever other roadblocks are coming up because of how rare Ali's condition is.  It seems like the insurance company might be trying to use that as an excuse to deny the funds.  

• Love 3

Janelle and Nathan saying they don't want to raise their child around conflict is like the Manson family saying they don't want to raise their children around crazy people. I just don't understand how Janelle keeps getting charges dropped? And while she's on probation, no less. I'm surprised every criminal from coast to coast aren't making a mass pilgrimage to Janelle's attorney for representation, clearly that woman has some kind of special powers.

I'm not sure what exactly went down with Chelsea, but it must be something if they're making that big of fuss over it. The fact that they're being so adamant about her not being paid makes me think she did get paid -- especially with Landon saying they "didn't leave a paper trail" or something along those lines, that sounded like they were paid but there's no proof.

I'm worried that Leah is going to straight up snap.

Isaac's birthday party was odd. Why was he asleep? Kids are usually excited about their birthday party, but he acted as though he couldn't care less.

My apologies to poor Gabriel, but my favorite part was when Barb knocked him in the head with that slide, then cackled like a mad woman.

• Love 3

What in the holy hell is happening with Leah's hair?  It looks like she doesn't have any of her own, and it's all extensions.  I gasped during the scene with her grandma at the beginning.  

Poor little Gabriel, getting bonked in the head with the slide. 

• Love 1

To me Isaac acted like he was not feeling well at his party. My kids stopped napping around 3 but I know some kids go longer. But I have never known a four year old sleeping through his birthday party. I think that is why I assumed maybe he was sick. Plus that would explain his crankiness.

At the start when they showed Nathan and Jenelle, my 9year old was walking through the room and said "How come all of the people on this show go to jail?"

Agree that Leah's hair was just awful. Possibly the worst I have ever seen on TV.

Chelsea totally got money for that job. You can tell - she and everyone else just protest too much. Seems like that state board is wanting to make an example out of her.

• Love 3

Kail etc. I too thought maybe Isaac was sick.  I would think he's got to be pretty used to his parents not doing stuff together at this point, so I don't think that's why he was upset unless Kail told him "Daddy and Vee" were coming. Or maybe he just wanted a nap and it was really bad timing... who knows. I felt bad for him though. That whole party seemed really awkward to me.

Jenelle and Nathan's argument made me tear my hair out.  Really not the time for that discussion!  I felt really bad for that little boy (Gabriel was it?) getting hit in the head by the slide thing but I couldn't help but laugh about the irony of Barb doing that after she was just yelling at Jace for putting the kid in danger.  As an aside, does Gabriel now belong to Barb most or all of the time too?  Seems like he's been on a lot.

Chelsea's house looks nice!  The whole deal with the license is really odd to me. This episode I got the impression it was because her friend "hired" her to do the job, not just because she did it. Weird.  I get the feeling Adam "says" he wants Aubree more but he doesn't actually. I can't believe how verbal Aubree is.  They're all talking pretty well but she's so clear and easy to understand most of the time.

Leah's segments were heartbreaking to me because of hearing that Ali's having more difficulties. I did feel like they're all getting a little more realistic about it though. At least they acknowledge that she's seeing her sister do things she can't or shouldn't do, and realizing they need to address it.  They still talk about her like she's not even there <sigh> but I'm happy to see progress.

• Love 1

I feel bad for Chelsea regardless if she got paid for the gig or not.  She finally got it together and found something she likes to do, finished an actual program, and now has to sit around and wait for them to debate on her situation based on some tweets and whatever.  Fine her or something, but give her the stupid license if she passed the test, so she can actually contribute to the state economy by making some money.  Ugh.  Do they want to encourage people that want to work to go on welfare because you withhold a license over something that is not that big of a deal?

Kail....I agree with what was said above about her having some growth.. she seems to make a lot more sense lately, and seems to be trying to do the right things.  The party was kind of annoying, and I felt bad for Isaac in that all of those people were staring at him while he was tired/grumpy.  I am not a big fan of big parties for kids anyway, though.  I think most kids prefer to have the party of their choice...whether that means just immediate family or a few people they have actually chosen to come.  I realize there are families that love big parties, lots of people, etc, but I am admittedly not one of them, and I know my child hasn't minded one bit.  He seems to love our more quiet celebrations.

Leah....I agree with the above that I don't think Corey is really holding it back, but it is more about the red tape.  He is limited in what he can do with the insurance company.  He may not be completely assertive, but he also won't have a tremendous influence on it.  I do think she was doing better this episode in terms of being fairly mature, or trying to be.

Janelle--I think she is in one of her calm periods right now, but it won't last.  Nathan will be a problem forever.  I am not sure why they tried to paint a picture of him being this great guy when they first met, because he clearly has just as many issues as the rest of her previous guys.

• Love 1

I don't think anyone besides Jenelle has tried to frame Nathan as a good guy. MTV showed him as the guy dating Jenelle days after her abortion and later showed his arrest footage. I think they showed Barbara rejecting him in the episode her was introduced.

Agree that Jenelle is in a zombie cycle. I expect her to fall apart the second one of her needs aren't met. It's usually about a week after she gets paid.

Kail really DOES wear scarves all the time now! I never even noticed it until another poster said something, now it's driving me crazy in every scene - The Many Scarves of Kail. I don't think she's doing it to hide her chins, though, because they don't. Maybe she just came into the scarf trend a little later than everyone else and is making up for lost time? 

I had to roll my eyes when she said Javi's 4 weeks away will "make or break" their relationship. Girl, please. Four weeks is a cakewalk. I get that you have a newborn and another child. I really do. But, trust me, it's not the hardest thing on the planet, and not something that thousands of other military wives aren't doing right at this moment. We're not military, but my husband was a civilian contractor and he was in Afghanistan when our second son was born. I had a 20 month old at the time, not a 4-year-old. My mom stayed with me one week, but after that I was on my own. Every day, all day. And he didn't come home until the kid was 9 months old. Somehow I survived. So buck up and be supportive of your husband. 

I'm not sure what to think about Jo and Vee not coming to the birthday party. On the one hand, it would have been a mature thing to do and probably made Isaac happy. But, on the other hand, with the way Javi completely ignores Jo when he comes over I can't say I blame them. Maybe Kail really IS trying to work towards a good co-parenting relationship, but Javi clearly isn't. I imagine they would feel rather uncomfortable in a house full of Kail and Javi's friends, who have probably heard nothing but a ton of shit about them for years now. At any rate, I don't think not going makes Jo a bad parent, but I DO question Kail's parenting that day. 

I don't know if she planned the party during nap time or if Isaac just happened to fall asleep, but she handled that thing so wrong. First she has the kid awakened before he's ready, then doesn't even give him a half hour to wake up and adjust. No, it's straight into present opening! I mean, come on - how many adults need their coffee when they wake up, time just sit and relax? Why are kids expected to just bounce right into whatever activity you have planned for them, with no thought for how they're feeling? Clearly the child was not fully awake yet and he was grumpy. So you force all of this on him and then call him a "brat", in front of everyone, when he's not enjoying what you forced him to do? If this were any other kid....but we've seen Isaac for years now and he really generally seems like a great kid. So I fully attribute his attitude to HER behavior. 

The dept. of labor in Chelsea's town must be really really bored. I mean, seriously, who has the time to pour over social media and analyze every little posting? Landon saying he looks forward to their future means he's going to employee her, unlicensed, and somehow scam the system? That could mean anything! I really do feel badly for Chelsea, because I truly believe she's doing the right thing and they are nitpicking her to death over stupid shit. Just let her work! Let her contribute to society. Jeez. I did find it funny that with all this going on she asks Chelsea 2.0 to move in. I do believe that Chelsea 1.0 was being honest about not wanting to live alone, she has had roommates most of the time. But it really did sound like she was basically asking her friend to move in and help cover the bills since she couldn't work. 

More stupid red tape BS? Ali's wheelchair! It's quite obvious the kid needs that thing. I worked as a pharmacy tech before having kids, and dealing with insurance companies could be such a pain in the ass. They will do almost anything and everything to avoid paying for crap, even when it's completely medically necessary. I hope they've gotten it straightened out by now. 

If only someone could straighten out Leah's hair. It's awful. It alternates been dried out scarecrow and unwashed grease pile. There is no in between. And the cut! What has she done? Maybe there is some new way of layering hair that I am unaware of, but it really looks like the girlses just randomly cut chunks of her hair out while she was sleeping. 

Is Jenelle on tranquilizers? She came off very calm and rational in her fight with Nathan and he looked like a belligerent fool. FYI - if you have to talk about your fights that much, and in detail, you probably aren't right for each other. I swear, those two are either fighting or TALKING about their fighting. It's mind-numbing. 

I just don't understand how Janelle keeps getting charges dropped?

Didn't you hear? Barb says she has a special "court star". LOL

I am not sure why they tried to paint a picture of him being this great guy when they first met, because he clearly has just as many issues as the rest of her previous guys.

Mmmmhmmm. While he may not use drugs, he clearly has a problem with alcohol if he has this many DUIs. And alcohol can be just as addictive. 

• Love 4

Leah just looks exhausted to me. There was a shot where she was talking to Jeremy and two of her girls were crawling all over her and I'm guessing this is what she has to deal with when doing anything. I don't think she has the time (or strength) to do what she wants with her hair, so she either wets it and lets it go like that or does a half-ass blowout.

I can totally understand why Jo and Vee didn't come to the party. Kail may have been reaching out to them, but she was doing it on her terms. Her heart may have been in the right place, but inviting Jo and Vee to a party where they don't know anybody----and, like somebody else said, where everybody has probably heard nothing but shit about them---was not the way to do it. She wanted to reconcile on HER terms; that was the thing. If Kail really wanted to reconcile, she should have invited them to a dinner with just her and Javi present. Going to a birthday party hours away because your volatile ex finally decides to grow up is just too awkward.

I don't think Isaac was upset at all that Jo and Vee didn't come over. They had already thrown him a separate party; he seems used to it. He just seemed cranky and unwell. Plus, they woke him up from a nap and suddenly thrust him into presents. Of course he would be overwhelmed. He was being pretty polite about it, too, for a toddler, but Kail had to take it one step farther and call him a brat. That was uncalled for. She should have left him alone and decided to do presents later instead of reprimanding him in front of the guests. Awkward.

• Love 5

The South Carolina taxpayers must be thrilled to know they're supporting a guy who's allegedly disabled but somehow manages to go to the gym and get drunk during the day.

Regarding Chelsea, I have a feeling that a) the board questioned Landon and he ratted her out or b) there's more to the story than what Chelsea and Randy are letting on.

I agree the birthday party felt awkward. I did feel for Kail because she was obviously embarrassed, but she could have handled the situation better.

I also felt bad for Leah. Cory needs to realize that unless you're an obnoxious, persistent, raging asshole, you ain't gonna get anywhere with an insurance company. Their entire M.O. is deny, deny, deny.

On a final note, why do these girls add an assortment of animals to the mix when they're already complaining about being overworked and overwhelmed? Was that a Boxer puppy I saw at Leah's?

(edited)

I know of very few four-year-olds who do not get excited about their own birthday parties. By this age, the kid not only understands the concept of "It's my birthday!" but they understand that this means they're going to get to play and eat cake and gets lots of new toys. But Isaac got woken up from his nap before he was ready and plopped down in the middle of all this loud and fussy hoopla, and so he was not having any of it. Yes, he was being rude saying that he doesn't like this, doesn't want any of it, but what do you expect when the kid is sleepy and cranky? Most little kids don't know how to fake a cheerful disposition for the sake of being sociable.

I might have been a little disappointed in Jo and Vee deciding not to go to Isaac's party if that was the only party Isaac was having, but since Jo had a separate party for him already it didn't bother me. I guess it's pretty much the way they've been doing everything up until now anyway. And I don't blame them for not wanting to go. Kail has not exactly been welcoming of Vee, and though I'm sure they're all in agreement that it's time to let things go and learn how to be around each other, this probably wasn't the best occasion for it. It's Kail's party, with Kail's friends, on Kail's turf... It's too awkward for the very first bury-the-hatchet get-together. I don't blame Kail for asking, but I don't blame them for declining, either. It looks like next week Kail and Javi stop by Jo and Vee's apartment for the first time to check the place out. That's a more appropriate first time get-together for their situation - just them, just chatting.

I do not know what happened to Leah's head.

Insurance companies are frustrating as hell. I get why they would decline the wheelchair. One, insurance companies don't like paying for shit. And two, I guess they see that Ali is actually still walking, still mobile, and they think it's not really necessary. They don't have all the facts and the medical advice which calls for the wheelchair so Ali won't have to push herself too hard when she's feeling tired and weak, which may very well cause her to deteriorate much faster than she would have otherwise. I don't think Corey's very much in denial about the situation anymore; there's only so much you can do to get an institution to do something.

Jenelle and Nathan are pretty much the same every week, stupid conversation, stupid fights, stupid butchering of the English language. I barely pay any attention anymore. I did cackle at Barbara yelling at Jace to put the slide back the way it was and then bonking Gabriel in the head with it herself. Ha. Does Gabriel live there now or something?

Chelsea's new house looks gorgeous. How the hell did she get a place like that? Foreclosure sale? Oh well. There must be more to this license thing. I can't believe the DOL would hold her license because of one comment on the internet that no reasonable person would infer to mean any of the things they're accusing her of.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 1

When Kail said she was meeting friends for coffee, I was confused by how she made these friends, in a new city, when she’s supposedly stuck at home, miserable, with Lincoln attached to her boob all day.  Then I thought maybe they were other military wives.  But, after seeing them it seemed like they were a couple.  Now I’m convinced MTV just put an ad out looking or people to pose as Kail’s friends, so she could have someone to explain her thoughts to.

It was a little overboard how Randylicious kept repeating “But you didn’t get paid”, just to reinforce.  That’s his story and he’s sticking to it.  I loved how Chelsea’s first night in her house, with that nice kitchen, she went all out and heated up some frozen corndogs and fries for their supper.  Chelsey 2.0 is gonna get pretty sick of living there, I’m guessing.  And the scene with Adumb wistfully scrolling through Aubrey pics on his phone had me rolling my eyes, hard.

Did I miss it, but when did Leah get a dog?  That’s the last thing that family needs.  She kept talking about her job at that hole-in-the-wall tanning salon as building her future.  Is she referring to a future of free tans and skin cancer?  Cause, I can’t see much advancement in that part-time job choice.  When Leah mentioned that Ali’s teacher carries her around it really pissed me off.  Let the girl walk if she can!  If you get impatient or frustrated by it, maybe special-needs teaching isn’t the job for you. 

Janelle… isn’t even worthy of a comment.  I’m just glad we didn’t see her drinking or doing drugs while pregnant.  At the same time, I think the only reason she was angry at Nathan for drinking in the afternoon was because she was unable to join him.

• Love 1

About Jo and Vee and the party - I was working in a fifth grade classroom once and it was a lesson on writing. The teacher used a former student's work as an example. That student wrote about growing up the child of divorced parents who don't really get along. She said that she would rather have one party with her entire family present and getting along than 2 parties with more presents. She wrote that not celebrating holidays with her whole family was the worst part of divorce for her. I dunno. Broke my heart to read that. Her teacher said she wished she could show it to every set of parents who are divorcing.

Anyway....having said all that and thinking that sucking it up and doing it for your kid even when you don't want to is the right thing to do....I think Isaac is perhaps too young to be that upset by Jo and Vee not being there. In fact, that's what he knows and is used to. So I don't think that's the reason he was acting that way. But it seems like the editors are working on showing Jo as the bad guy here. He refused to go with Jo in last week's episode - said he wanted to stay with Kail. He didn't want to talk to him on the phone. And now when Jo doesn't go to his party, the intimation is that Isaac is upset about Jo letting him down. Frankly, I wonder if Isaac is having a reaction to the move. Going to see daddy means a couple of boring, long ass rides in the car, maybe?  And Lincoln is getting attention while he's away?  He has gone through a lot of changes over the past few months and I'm not sure the adults in his life appreciate that!

As for Kail whining about Javi being gone a month.....oh gurl. Why did you marry a guy in the military? That is what they do! What is she going to do when he is deployed for a year?

• Love 2

Did anyone else see the shot of Jenelle and Nathan's dogs. One was wolfing down his food and the other was in his cage. Nathan took a few steps into the garage and said something like, "Really, you really left the papers like that?" I took it to mean messed up newspapers the dogs used. Jenelle replied, "It's so dark in there I couldn't see how messed up they were." Then there was a cut away.

I keep thinking about those poor dogs in a dark garage standing on their filthy papers. I hope they have a clean place to lay down.

• Love 5

lilmarysunshine, I think all that back and forth is taking it's toll on Isaac. I also think he's picking up on Javi's shitty attitude towards Jo and it's starting to rub off on him.

Regarding Chelsea 2.0, I agree she's going to tire of that situation real fast. Frankly, I find Aubree annoying and bratty. She's not a kid I could be around for any length of time, let alone live with.

Also, on what planet does Jenelle think she'll get hired as a medical assistant? Those doctors better keep an eye on their prescription pads...

• Love 5

I'm not sure Jo and Vee ever gave a definite answer on whether or not they were coming. I was in and out of this episode so maybe I missed something. I agree with the posters who think Isaac may have been sick. He didn't seem like his usual happy self.

I really dislike Kail. She's a perpetual victim and is always so negative. I also agree with the poster who said that party was about her. I think if Jo and Vee did come she probably would've acted an ass and then blamed them. Or played the martyr to make herself look good to all of her friends and Javi's family.

Leah is a wreck. She was already overwhelmed with the twins. Why would she bring another baby into the equation? I feel for her regarding Ali's condition but that's it. She continues to make bad life choices. It doesn't seem like she has a system at home for laundry, cleaning, etc. Her home is always a mess, it seems the girls only eat sugar and salt, and her Tammy Faye Baker makeup makes her look crazy. She has more help than most of these girls and she still can't get it together. She needs therapy and organization.

Jenelle is a lost cause. No words for her or her alcoholic boyfriend.

Those corndogs Chelsea, Chelsey, and Aubree were eating looked gross. Chelsea should talk to Grandma Donna about letting Aubree near the oven. That's dangerous.

To me Isaac acted like he was not feeling well at his party. My kids stopped napping around 3 but I know some kids go longer. But I have never known a four year old sleeping through his birthday party. I think that is why I assumed maybe he was sick. Plus that would explain his crankiness.

Maybe I watch too many Lifetime Original Movies (fyi, I definitely do) but I kept waiting for Isaac to have some MAJOR fever or throw up or pass out and have to be rushed to the hospital and there be this whole dramatic "and see if Jo were here he'd get to weigh in on medical treatment" drama. 

But in reality (this being a "reality show" and all) I'm sure you all are right and he was just sleepy and grumpy at being woken up and plopped in front for 20 some odd people and a camera crew staring at him.  As I think any 4 year old (or 34 year old) would be.

• Love 1

To add to the comments about Isaac, I noticed there didn't seem to be any other children at his party. I can see where a four year-old wouldn't grasp that it's "his" party when the only people there are random adults.

I too hope Jenelle's dogs aren't confined to the garage 24/7. Honestly I was surprised she still had that pitbull whats-his-face gave her.

• Love 1

To add to the comments about Isaac, I noticed there didn't seem to be any other children at his party. I can see where a four year-old wouldn't grasp that it's "his" party when the only people there are random adults.

Doesn't he go to preschool? They should have invited the kids from his class. Javi's family being there is great, but it would have been nice for Isaac to have friends there as well.

Chelsea not being able to get her license was just another excuse for her to bitch.

Kail calling Isaac a brat was funny, because she’s the biggest brat alive. The apple may not fall far from the tree.

Jenelle is a trainwreck. There’s nothing more to be said. Why doesn’t MTV fire her, and get someone who actually has custody of their child? Mongo is no better. They use the children they don’t have custody of as props. My <3 breaks for them.

Leah is right about Cory’s denial. I guess I would be in denial too, if I were in his position. Ali is smarter than everyone gives her credit for. 

Chelsea should talk to Grandma Donna about letting Aubree near the oven. That's dangerous.

For some reason, this really bothered me. I know it's a new house. Chelsea hasn't had time to childproof yet, but I would think by 4 years old that not touching the oven is a given. I have an almost 2 year old who knows that the stove and oven are hot and not to be touched. I would have reacted the same way that Chelsea did, but her talking afterward seemed weak to me. It sounded like she talked to Aubree at a much younger level that she's at. That whole scene seemed off to me because I would hope by 4 years old that kids would know better than to touch the oven/stove.

Well it's confusing if Adam's mom apparently lets her touch it. I can see where if one person says they aren't allowed to do something, but someone else says it's okay, a 4-year-old may get confused.

Why is grandma letting her get in there is the bigger question IMO.

I don't watch this show for the kids, but man, Isaac is such a little jerk. Not just at the party, and not just to his Dad. Kailyn is a full-time stay at home Mom, she should raise her kid to behave properly. At least we didn't have to see Isaac's gross pull-up discussed over & over like previous episodes.

Also, Aubree is such an entitled little brat. Chelsea seems like she's only interested in being Aubree's best friend, not her mother, so I see no hope for that kid.

(edited)

I don't watch this show for the kids, but man, Isaac is such a little jerk. Not just at the party, and not just to his Dad. Kailyn is a full-time stay at home Mom, she should raise her kid to behave properly. At least we didn't have to see Isaac's gross pull-up discussed over & over like previous episodes.

Also, Aubree is such an entitled little brat. Chelsea seems like she's only interested in being Aubree's best friend, not her mother, so I see no hope for that kid.

While I think Isaac is mostly a sweet kid, I do agree that he has been whiny, bratty the past two episodes. It probably doesn't help that his mom is Debbie Downer and his stepdad is Buzzkill Betty and they argue quite often. Aubree has always been a spoiled brat...but look at her mom. Just another generation of spoiled Houska women.

Why were Javi's friends at the party? Did they bring kids for Isaac to play with? I saw MAYBE two other kids at that party. It seemed depressing.

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 1
he kept talking about her job at that hole-in-the-wall tanning salon as building her future.  Is she referring to a future of free tans and skin cancer?  Cause, I can’t see much advancement in that part-time job choice.

Yes! That was driving me crazy. She kept talking about how she had to do something for herself, and needed to prepare for the future, provide for her family, etc. Like she was going to school and not earing $6/hour wiping down someone's sweat. I mean, if you just want to get out of the house for a bit, say so. No shame in that. But it doesn't sound like it's a daily job and I doubt what she makes there even pays for her gas. 

While I think Isaac is mostly a sweet, I do agree that he has been whiny, bratty the past two episodes. It probably doesn't help that his mom is Debbie Downer and his stepdad is Buzzkill Betty and they argue quite often.

I will give Isaac a pass. They just moved, and he just got a new brother. When a baby comes into the mix, an older sibling will often act out. I will never forget the crestfallen face on my oldest when he walked down the stairs the day after we came home from the hospital and realized that little baby wasn't just a visitor. And my mother still tells stories about how I reverted to crawling and baby talk for several months after my sister was born. It's really fairly normal, and I do agree that his mom is a super negative person in the first place. Who knows what that kid sees and knows about that we don't. He seems to get pretty concerned when they argue. Kail has gotten physical with Javi on a couple of occasions that we know of, it's possible it happens a lot more often, along with just hollering and screaming. Maybe the kid is acting out because he's sad, scared, worried, etc. And I also agree with those upthread who speculated Isaac is just plain, ol worn out. Going to see his dad is this big ordeal now, long car rides, scheduling the drop offs and pick-ups, tense stand-offs between Jo and Javi. Kids pick up on these things. 

Does anybody know if Chelsea got her license in "real time". I like Chelsea and I think she's doing a great job and is getting her life together.

A previous poster said they hold out no hope for Aubree. I'm the opposite. Out of all of the kids, I think Aubree has the best future ahead.

Aubree seems like a good kid to me, too. I don't think she's bratty at all. She has her moments but most kids do. I actually think, considering the circumstances (very young, asshole babydaddy), Chelsea's done a pretty good job with her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Aubree seems like a good kid to me, too. I don't think she's bratty at all. She has her moments but most kids do. I actually think, considering the circumstances (very young, asshole babydaddy), Chelsea's done a pretty good job with her.

I completely agree. I don't think Aubree is a brat at all. All kids have bratty moments, that's totally normal. I'd worry about a kid who didn't have those moments.

I too think Chelsea is doing a great job. She's bought her own home, is pursuing a career, is a good, attentive, loving mom. She isn't bringing different guys around her daughter all the time, she hasn't had another baby. I think she's the best of all the moms across all the shows.

She seems like a sweetheart to me.

I don't blame Jo in the least for not going to that party. It looked like it was nothing but their friends and Javi's family. I wouldn't want to go either.

As far as the link above, the one with the kid saying he would rather have one party etc. That's just one kid. That doesn't mean all kids feel that way. I'd have preferred no party at all if it meant my parents would be in the same room.

I was the opposite of that kid and the majority of my friends were too. I wouldn't have wanted my parents being at my party together. They didn't even fight but the tension would have made everybody uncomfortable.

If one of my kids teachers had shown me that letter as a hint of how I should be doing things. I'd have told her to mind her own damn business.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

Chelsea: I just can't shake the belief that there is a lot we don't know about what went on there. A state board holding a license is pretty serious and I really doubt they would do that without adequate proof.

Jenelle: What to say. She seemed like she was on some kind of downer medication. I love how Nathan called the attorney "dude" on the phone.

Leah: I think Leah is going crazy over Corey's perceived inaction. Corey seems the type to fill out the forms, mail them in and wait for the response. If the response is negative, he takes that as it. I know the type. Another type person, which I think Leah is, will not only fill out the forms and mail them, but call every other day to see if they have arrived and will call immediately upon receiving the denial letter. Or they will visit the office to see what can be done. Corey just seems very passive. I did not understand why Leah did not say to Corey, "I had to keep her home from school because she was in pain."

Kail: I just can't with her. I did not blame Jo and Vee for not attending the party. I wouldn't trust Kail at all. She probably knew there was no way they would show up, so inviting them was done to make her look like she was reaching out. Vee was right. As soon as she walked in, all eyes would be on her, all the people there would be friends of Kail and Javi and she'd get the evil eye. 

Javi leaving town for four weeks is part of military life. You know all those "benefits" you wanted, Kail? Well, there they are and they come with a price. Instead of telling her husband she will miss him terribly and saying "Oh boy, this is gonna be interesting" and rolling with it, she instead tells him it might make or break their marriage. What? He's a military guy. You can't whine at him to quit his job because him having to travel is not acceptable to the wife.

Last week, Kail said something like "Dealing with Isaac is a handful" or something like that and he was misbehaving some. Saying he did not want to go to Jo's house was odd, as was this week when he would not even speak to him on the phone. He seemed very sour this episode and it was surprising to me. Coupled with the comments he made about the presents, I just really raised an eyebrow wondering what is up with him. I thought he might not be feeling well. 

That was so tragic when Ali said her bones hurt. I wonder why Leah didn't try to rent a wheelchair until they work out the insurance issues. I think that Vee and Jo made the right decision to not go, but as someone else mentioned, how about suggesting a dinner together if they really are trying to be adults. They all can't keep this cold war b.s. up forever. I gave Issac a break for being bratty during his party. I am so cranky when I am awoken from a nap too soon. Jenelle and Nathan were the usual shit show. It's interesting to me that Jenelle can more easily see his addiction to alcohol when she's sober but what's going to happen when Kaiser is born and she rejoins him? I'm guessing that's the main reason why we got the gift of this season.

• Love 1

I think Chelsea parents the best way she knows how, but Aubree is just endlessly bratty and whiny. She doesn't listen, she's spoiled and never does what she's asked. Chelsea might want to get that under control if she hopes to get married someday.

As far as Isaac, he's generally been a decent kid, so I'm inclined to believe the amount of upheaval in his life is responsible for his behavior. New house, new stepdad, new brother, constant fighting, six hour roundtrip to see his dad, starting pre-school etc.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did anyone else see the shot of Jenelle and Nathan's dogs. One was wolfing down his food and the other was in his cage. Nathan took a few steps into the garage and said something like, "Really, you really left the papers like that?" I took it to mean messed up newspapers the dogs used. Jenelle replied, "It's so dark in there I couldn't see how messed up they were." Then there was a cut away.

I keep thinking about those poor dogs in a dark garage standing on their filthy papers. I hope they have a clean place to lay down.

And just imagine how they're dealing with a new baby! Nathan come across as an inebriated, unstable mess in this episode and I fear for that infant. I believe he is on disability for a psychiatric diagnosis, and it shows. He would rather be in jail than active than actively employed in the military? Wow. I truly hope child services has an eye on these two. When Jenelle seems like the rational, stable one, there is definitely some big trouble coming down the line, IMO. Jenelle also looked very drawn for a pregnant woman, while Nathan looked puffy. They are not going to age well.

What was up with all the neon colors in this episode? I saw neon pink, orange, and green. So tacky.

I agree with previous posters that we're not getting the full story on Chelsea and her licensing issues. Probably best that she got temporarily laid off work while she was moving again anyway. She has had to take a break from work/school every time she's moved In the past.

Kali and Jo -- baby steps. Hopefully they continue to make progress in co-parenting more calmly and successfully. On a shallow note, Vee seems to be getting fuglier each time we see her.

Edited by DangerousMinds
(edited)

Mr animalnurse commented on Isaac's grumpiness this episode. My take is that he's a sensitive kid and the strain in Javi and Kail's relationship is wearing on him. Add all the major life changes lately and I'd be more surprised if he wasn't acting out.

Edited by animalnurse
  • Love 1

Issac's party would require any guest to sign a release to appear on TV. They may have had problems getting kid guests to come.

Oh good point, I hadn't even thought about that. I too was sad for him that so few kids were there, but was blaming the move. I'll bet you're right that the cameras had at least something to do with it.

(edited)

I rewatched the Jenelle scenes.  It seems like Jenelle finds drunk Nathan revolting. She had some valid points that he was defensive and calling himself names.  Good for her. As much as I hope she gets zero 12th chances, she could become a medical assistant.  She'd be hired by rehab clinics or nursing homes. There's a fair bit of drug abuse in the medical system and they've tended to adapt. She won't get a high quality job but she'd get work.

Edited by wrestlesflamingos

What was up with Barbara? Just minutes after chastising Jace for not playing right with the slide, she hits poor little Gabriel with slide. Then she just cackles and cackles and I never heard her apologize to Gabriel, or even show any concern if he had been hurt or not. Unbelievable!

When Chelsea was in the car talking at length to Randy about the licensing problems, Aubrey was in the back seat. I noticed that Chelsea often had no hands on the wheel and it looked to me like Aubrey was not completely buckled in her car seat. It looked like she only had a lap belt fastened, nothing across her chest.

• Love 1

i thought I saw at least one or two kids at Isaac's birthday party. I feel like it's pretty normal to have only a few kids for early birthday parties--I'm not a parent, but I've always liked the idea of the number of kids at a birthday party equaling the birthday child's age.

Poor Jace. Poor Kaiser. Jenelle and Nathan frighten me. He actually said that he "didn't deserve" that DUI, which is utterly galling. I think he is barely keeping a lid on his anger when he's talking to his lawyer, but I hope he doesn't lose it and fire her. So far she's my favorite part of this season--she's being totally honest with them and utterly failing to indulge their bullshit. Yes, the South Carolina lawyer and Aubree are the most enjoyable people on the show right now.

• Love 1
(edited)

I rewatched the Jenelle scenes. It seems like Jenelle finds drunk Nathan revolting. She had some valid points that he was defensive and calling himself names. Good for her. As much as I hope she gets zero 12th chances, she could become a medical assistant. She'd be hired by rehab clinics or nursing homes. There's a fair bit of drug abuse in the medical system and they've tended to adapt. She won't get a high quality job but she'd get work.

I think SOBER Janelle finds drunk Nathan revolting. Druggie Janelle thinks hes a blast in a glass. Janelle may be trying her best to hang on to being somewhat clean while she's pregnant. And there's nothing worse than hanging out with someone who's lit while you have to be sober as a church mouse. No fun in that at all. She probably expected him to cut back on getting high since she had to.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3
(edited)

I completely agree. I don't think Aubree is a brat at all. All kids have bratty moments, that's totally normal. I'd worry about a kid who didn't have those moments.

I too think Chelsea is doing a great job. She's bought her own home, is pursuing a career, is a good, attentive, loving mom. She isn't bringing different guys around her daughter all the time, she hasn't had another baby. I think she's the best of all the moms across all the shows.

She seems like a sweetheart to me.

I don't blame Jo in the least for not going to that party. It looked like it was nothing but their friends and Javi's family. I wouldn't want to go either.

As far as the link above, the one with the kid saying he would rather have one party etc. That's just one kid. That doesn't mean all kids feel that way. I'd have preferred no party at all if it meant my parents would be in the same room.

I was the opposite of that kid and the majority of my friends were too. I wouldn't have wanted my parents being at my party together. They didn't even fight but the tension would have made everybody uncomfortable.

If one of my kids teachers had shown me that letter as a hint of how I should be doing things. I'd have told her to mind her own damn business.

The point was that the kid wished for no tension - of course she didn't want one party with everyone fighting. lol   She hoped that everyone just got along and she didn't feel like she had to divide her loyalties or her time all of the time. I've known of divorced parents who have accomplished this so it certainly can be done!  I think Isaac could benefit from his parents sharing in his milestones together and peacefully and happily. That's it.

Edited by lilmarysunshine