Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Another One Bites the Crust

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

No spoilers in the episode threads.  Take current news to the Media or individual character threads. 

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I was wondering that too.  I don't really understand her charity.  She's giving schools lockers??  Is there really a need for this?  And during a pandemic where they aren't in school full time she's going to update the lockers??  Give them nicer ones??  I really like Stephanie a lot but this just seems like busy work.  This is Stephanie needs a story line or something to do other than be up Brandi's butt.  IDK, again I like her (and Brandi) but wow this is just so boring to me.  #sorrynotsorry

I like Tiffany but ITA that hiding crickets in everyone's pizza was uncalled for.  Tell everyone that your pizza has crickets on it and let them decide if they want to eat it.  Also I would have liked her, or someone, to try and sell the cricket idea.  It's a low fat, very nutritious form of protein, and I believe it's more enviromentally friendly to eat bugs than farm animals pro bugs

they own a locker room company, their locker rooms can cost universities well into the millions.  So this is her wheelhouse - locker rooms. When my son was being recruited for college football - I got the opportunity to see some pretty tricked out locker rooms....I had no idea that this was the thing.  The locker rooms in many high school are usually cease pools of mold and just old nastiness - school's don't have the money to remodel them and its not a top priority in their budgets (I don't blame them).  

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I was wondering that too.  I don't really understand her charity.  She's giving schools lockers??  Is there really a need for this?  And during a pandemic where they aren't in school full time she's going to update the lockers??  Give them nicer ones??  I really like Stephanie a lot but this just seems like busy work.  This is Stephanie needs a story line or something to do other than be up Brandi's butt.  IDK, again I like her (and Brandi) but wow this is just so boring to me.  #sorrynotsorry

Stephanie’s charity might be partly a move to get back into work of her own, and partly a storyline for a show that actually is work of her own. Texas schools have had so much flood damage, and her husband’s company makes lockers - seems she matched a need with available resources. Guess we’ll see if she sticks with it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I like Tiffany but ITA that hiding crickets in everyone's pizza was uncalled for.  Tell everyone that your pizza has crickets on it and let them decide if they want to eat it.  Also I would have liked her, or someone, to try and sell the cricket idea.  It's a low fat, very nutritious form of protein, and I believe it's more enviromentally friendly to eat bugs than farm animals pro bugs

Hampshire- Fannett are a couple of smallish towns that join into one high school in S.E.Texas. We play them in football.  They were very hurt from the flooding and needed so much.  I applaude Stephanie for wanting to help.  Those kids have been through it.   

Edited by stcroix
didn't make sense
  • Useful 6
On 2/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

You know you overcomplicate a pizza party when you start off with an excel spreadsheet. 

OMG the excel spreadsheet!  I admit that I never really learned how to use excel properly, but I don’t understand why people insist on using it if they aren’t creating something that needs to be calculated or able to be sorted.  I get so many documents at work that are really just lists and are in excel for no apparent reason and it makes me crazy.  /rant

Fanci’s trainer deserves some sort of medal.  And yet, I bet Kam is not his worst client.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

OMG the excel spreadsheet!  I admit that I never really learned how to use excel properly, but I don’t understand why people insist on using it if they aren’t creating something that needs to be calculated or able to be sorted.  I get so many documents at work that are really just lists and are in excel for no apparent reason and it makes me crazy.  /rant

Fanci’s trainer deserves some sort of medal.  And yet, I bet Kam is not his worst client.

I love my Excel spreadsheets, I might be a bit of a geek 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I love my Excel spreadsheets, I might be a bit of a geek 🤣

Me too! Based on your user name I think we may have the same/similar profession. I'm an actuary, and a former co-worker called me Stats Queen. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Toothbrush said:

Me too! Based on your user name I think we may have the same/similar profession. I'm an actuary, and a former co-worker called me Stats Queen. 

OMG - so funny. I was given that nickname in graduate school, I’m an organizational psychologist with statistics as a huge love. 

So from Stats Queen to another - cheers!!!! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Actually the pandemic was a great time to do things like this - my office was planning a renovation for last summer and once clients were all being seen online it was great for me as the office worker to go in, pack, clean, purge, etc. without having to worry about the mess I was making or people touching my stuff 😄   Our original time frame would have given me a week to do all that!  What Stephanie doesn't need is an office.

Edited by princelina
  • Useful 2

I would have happily eaten the chicken feet but I don't want to eat crickets.  If Tiff had said and done that to me, I would carry her into the deep end of her pool.  Would she do this with Muslims and bacon?  Seriously, would she?

I consider the Dallas women to be culinary babies, but they are what they are.  Tiff, a socially motivated person would want others to feel comfortable in her home, enjoy the greatness that is an outdoor pizza oven (and I would love one), and give it up on the shoe covers.  Uh, have the cleaning service wash your floors the next morning?  Geez, Tiff, this isn't the MSAT.  Perhaps this is an example of her own acknowledgement of her lack of social-skills training?

I want to like her but she makes it difficult.  The shoe cover stuff is difficult and really Impolite but the cricket business needs to leave her in the bottom of the social-elite stratum.

• Love 11
On 2/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, howiveaddict said:

My city has a large street festival each year.  Except last year, boo covid.  One booth sells crickets to eat and they make a lot of money.  I think they are chocolate covered.  Never tried them myself, but I love seafood and even crayfish, so probably similar.  

Now, I could never eat chicken feet, but that has more to do with my bird phobia.  But, I can eat other parts of chicken if cut up.  

I like Brandi, but I really think the throwing up was forced.  If I had to throw up, no way I could have waited first for a bowl, then to put shoe on.  I would have just had to go out in the yard and let it rip.  

Are you talking about the Fall Festival? I’m just wondering if we’re from the same city. 

I find it suspect that Brandi was totally fine until she was told. Then had time to put on booties. Of course kary had to go check on Brandi. That always gets on my nerves. Stephanie was already in there with her. She wasn’t dying Vicki gunvalson style. She was just Ralphing. Probably bc she had too much vino. 

4 hours ago, albarino said:

I would have happily eaten the chicken feet but I don't want to eat crickets.  If Tiff had said and done that to me, I would carry her into the deep end of her pool.  Would she do this with Muslims and bacon?  Seriously, would she?

I consider the Dallas women to be culinary babies, but they are what they are.  Tiff, a socially motivated person would want others to feel comfortable in her home, enjoy the greatness that is an outdoor pizza oven (and I would love one), and give it up on the shoe covers.  Uh, have the cleaning service wash your floors the next morning?  Geez, Tiff, this isn't the MSAT.  Perhaps this is an example of her own acknowledgement of her lack of social-skills training?

I want to like her but she makes it difficult.  The shoe cover stuff is difficult and really Impolite but the cricket business needs to leave her in the bottom of the social-elite stratum.

I wouldn't put it past her. 

I totally get the no shoes int the house thing. I know many households like this, but I was surprised by how strict Tiffany was with it. She was even yelling shoe covers after poor Brandi was getting ready to throw up. Shoe covers look especially silly on an otherwise glamorous type of show. Lots of us watch Housewives for the glamour element, and that includes beautiful style. Seeing a beautiful woman in a beautiful dress, and then shoe covers. lol I wonder if she entertains much. There are lots of people who make exceptions to the no shoes rule when it comes to dinner parties at their house. Most of them aren't Tiffany wealthy either. She can indeed have someone wash her floors regularly without worrying about money. 

I forgot to post about the back hair! lol Not to be TMI, but since we're already discussing eating all types of things, I too have peach fuzz on my back like Stephanie. I've always wondered if men notice it. It's embarrassing feeling the fuzz and knowing it's visible up close. 😞 I wish lasers worked on light fine hair. I asked a laser tech about this, and she said no one would notice my hair because it's so fine, but I'm sure she was probably just being nice. Most of my body hair is dark, but the hair in what you could call weird places is more blonde. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wouldn't put it past her. 

I totally get the no shoes int the house thing. I know many households like this, but I was surprised by how strict Tiffany was with it. She was even yelling shoe covers after poor Brandi was getting ready to throw up. Shoe covers look especially silly on an otherwise glamorous type of show. Lots of us watch Housewives for the glamour element, and that includes beautiful style. Seeing a beautiful woman in a beautiful dress, and then shoe covers. lol I wonder if she entertains much. There are lots of people who make exceptions to the no shoes rule when it comes to dinner parties at their house. Most of them aren't Tiffany wealthy either. She can indeed have someone wash her floors regularly without worrying about money. 

I forgot to post about the back hair! lol Not to be TMI, but since we're already discussing eating all types of things, I too have peach fuzz on my back like Stephanie. I've always wondered if men notice it. It's embarrassing feeling the fuzz and knowing it's visible up close. 😞 I wish lasers worked on light fine hair. I asked a laser tech about this, and she said no one would notice my hair because it's so fine, but I'm sure she was probably just being nice. Most of my body hair is dark, but the hair in what you could call weird places is more blonde. 

Yeah I'd have to guess they don't entertain much because I couldn't imagine having a big party with men, women and children (which I used to do yearly) and enforcing the shoe-bootie policy 😄   As for back hair - if you don't want it there put some Nair on it and be free!  Only you can't just rinse it off like the commercials and directions say - after the proscribed amount of time scrub it off with a washcloth.  You'll be hair free and love it!

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yeah I'd have to guess they don't entertain much because I couldn't imagine having a big party with men, women and children (which I used to do yearly) and enforcing the shoe-bootie policy 😄   As for back hair - if you don't want it there put some Nair on it and be free!  Only you can't just rinse it off like the commercials and directions say - after the proscribed amount of time scrub it off with a washcloth.  You'll be hair free and love it!

Thank you Princelina, but believe it or not my hairy self already tried Nair once on my back and got a rash. lol I figured little blonde hairs weren't as bad as a rash. Have no problems with Nair on my legs though. Go figure! 

Isn’t Stephanie’s charity a tax write off for Travis? The whole office scene seemed silly. I doubt she’ll be doing this long term. 
I loved Tiffany’s closet and Kameron in it.  Tiffany also cracked me up with the  “You need to be outta here by 10:30”  
Not a fan of the crickets prank. Tricking people to eat stuff they don’t want isn’t right. 

• Love 5
On 2/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, RealHousewife said:

Agreed. Brandi may be a prankster. Some of the stuff she does isn't funny to me either, but there's a difference between being immature and chasing someone around with a dildo and trying to get your guests to eat things outside of their comfort zone. 

There are lots of people who are against outdoor shoes being worn in the house, and I totally get Tiffany not wanting to be up super late when she's a mom and a doctor. But her overall vibe wasn't welcoming. It did remind me a little of Yolanda on Beverly Hills. IRC, she basically told her guests it was time to go once. lol 

@Keywestclubkid I'm aware of that but try not to think about it haha

I mean I love Brandi but at some point I wanted her to stop with the d1ldo too.  It was funny at first and then it was like ok, move on.  I'm not a big fan of people trying to get me to try things I don't want to and then knowing I don't want it and hiding it is really lame.   The whole party vibe was off, Tiffany just has way too many rules.  If you are that uptight then either (a) don't invite me over or (b) have it somewhere else.  I hang out with friends to relax and unwind, that wouldn't have been it.  

I get that this is a show and some stuff is orchestrated but if my friends and I fought every time we were in the same room I would find new friends.   No time for that...

• Love 7
On 2/10/2021 at 1:11 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

The thing that Kam said about chicken feet in the argument ( I went back and watched) was that the consumption of the feet wasn't cultural to Tiffanys background when it is/was ... then Kam tried to make it something that it wasn't .... So if Kam can tell Tiff what is and isnt part of her culture why cant Tiff correct the words that Kam misuses?

I remember Kam saying "It's not her culture", but I didn't rewatch it, so I'll take your word for it. Tiffany obviously knows more about her own culture than Kam does.  The impression I got was Kam was objecting to Tiffany's suggestion that a refusal to eat chicken feet is a rejection of Tiffany's culture. And I agree with Kam on that, even if she misunderstood what Tiff was saying, she was right.  

I like Tiffany so far, but I feel that she's going down a bad path with this. If Kam had refused to eat Chinese food because it's Chinese, and she hates all things Chinese, then I'd have a problem with that. But she was objecting to something that's pretty objectionable to many people. Isn't it enough to say, "OK enjoy your chicken feet, but I'll pass on those"? What happened to "you do you"? And the way Tiffany introduced it was kind of a "gotcha!" way, too. Having now seen the crickets epi, I think Tiffany was playing a bit of a game with the chicken feet. For some reason, she feels that she needs to educate these Dallas HW palates, and that forcing that is a good thing to do. I disagree.

From a "manners" POV, I think Kam could have handled it better; she was on the defensive, and it showed. 

I've had dim sum many times. I've never once eaten chicken feet, although they have always been available as an option. None of my friends have ever insisted I do, despite the fact that they eat them and like them and tell me how delish they are.  As a hostess, I go out of my way to find out what people don't like and make sure I don't serve that. That's how I show respect to my guests. Tiffany's behavior was akin to me getting a blood pudding. cooking it up, serving it to my guests and then insisting they eat it because it's my culture. And when they said no,  saying I'm offended because they "rejected my culture".  They might say they just don't want to eat coagulated blood, pork fat and oatmeal shoved into a pig intestine and formed into a sausage. (And then evilly named "pudding", like there's a somehow a chance that this might actually be good.) Are the people who don't want to eat that racists? Xenophobes? Scots haters? Or are they just grossed out by blood pudding? Sometimes a food is just a food.

Bottom line is Tiffany is a my-way-or-the-highway control freak who is using a thinly veiled accusation of xenophobia to justify her need to make people do what she thinks they should do.  When she was explaining how culturally, removing shoes before entering is the done thing, she could have left it there. But she then went on to shame and denigrate people who don't have that cultural practice -- calling the practice disgusting and nasty. Was that necessary? That's not a comment on the practice, we all do it where I live too, it's a comment on her attitude-- she's right, and if you don't do it her way, you're wrong. That will make her a great HW, but a lousy ambassador.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 11
On 2/10/2021 at 2:55 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

right?

LOL but at the end of the day there is a lot worse they have ingested then a cricket

True, but it should be a choice.  Tiffany was so sure she was so cute.  I’d never eat at her house again.

• Love 6
On 2/10/2021 at 4:03 PM, Jel said:

I agree it wasn't done with malice, but it was done against their will. Tiffany had full knowledge that most of them did not want to eat a cricket because they said so, out loud, to Tiffany. But Tiffany *knew better*, and she felt the need to educate those unadventurous eaters, because *her way* is better.  So she tricked them. I don't think that's cool.  I found her attitude rather condescending, which is a turn off for me.

IT's true that no one was harmed by it, well except Brandi who did actually get sick. And for that Tiffany seemed sincere in both her regret and her apology, and I can see she is socially awkward and struggles, but that doesn't give her the right to force her dietary habits onto others. Not crickets. Not chicken feet. And it doesn't give her the right to imply a sinister and ugly motive (racism or xenophobia) because someone doesn't want or like the same things she does.

I agree so much.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

True, but it should be a choice.  Tiffany was so sure she was so cute.  I’d never eat at her house again.

Tiffany trying to force feed adults her “food options” (e.g., crickets, chicken feet) is not a good way to fiend friends and influence people;  nor is It a good way to make this people more adventurous diners. I’m just saying

• Love 8

As I watch the season, I'm noticing that Kary is becoming more like a mean girl. I don't like how she insists on pouring tequila down the womens' throats and if someone says no, or doesn't like what she suggests, kary tells them they're no fun. Also, everyone being upset re:tiffany's cricket prank (ahem Brandi) needs to remember all the poor-taste sexual  gags they did in the past. 

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 8
On 2/11/2021 at 11:48 AM, nosedive said:

Suitcases on beds are taboo in my household and it has nothing to do with culture.  Think where those suitcases have been.  Airport floors, cargo compartments, chutes, carousels, hotel lobby floors, train or bus cargo compartments, trunks of cars. Then there is the concern of bedbugs, which can spread like wildfire, and which can be transported in luggage.  Not that long ago, there was a nationwide bedbug issue in hotels. Ew!  

My husband thinks I am crazy about the suitcase on the bed issue, I grab a towel and put the suitcase on it, he rolls his eyes...does he not realize how dirty the wheeles are? No he does not, does he not realize snagging the comforter will make for an uncomfortable existence in the house...he should, he really should!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

regarding chicken feet....i have a few 'old school' italian friends and they eat chicken feet.  they consider it a real treat  they grew up eating them.

My mother's mother would make chicken fricasse with the "feets-ala's," (Yiddish slang for feet), changing the name did not make it more palatable, lol.  Honestly, my mother grew up with little money and they did not waste anything so, in went the feets-ala's.

Has Tiffany met other Asian people that do not like chicken feet? I refuse to believe that EVERY single Asian enjoys the foot.  Would Tiffany yell at them that they are not real Asians that hate their own culture?  I hate chopped liver and brisket but it does not make me less Jewish. 

I rewatched the pizza party episode, Brandi had a glass of wine so I do not think the cricket puking was pregnancy based. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My mother's mother would make chicken fricasse with the "feets-ala's," (Yiddish slang for feet), changing the name did not make it more palatable, lol.  Honestly, my mother grew up with little money and they did not waste anything so, in went the feets-ala's.

Has Tiffany met other Asian people that do not like chicken feet? I refuse to believe that EVERY single Asian enjoys the foot.  Would Tiffany yell at them that they are not real Asians that hate their own culture?  I hate chopped liver and brisket but it does not make me less Jewish. 

I rewatched the pizza party episode, Brandi had a glass of wine so I do not think the cricket puking was pregnancy based. 

Exactly. There are Asians who hate the stereotype of eating everything. There are Americans who are grossed out by things the average American has no problem with. After being vegetarian so long, it would be incredibly difficult for me to eat meat of any kind. Eggs and dairy aren't as difficult for me, but I still see them as animal products. 

• Love 5
On 2/10/2021 at 1:03 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Its just the fact every one of them ate it and was fine UNTIL she said oh you ate a cricket just was ridiculous all the sudden you had to throw up but was fine before? 

I am generally team Tiffany but I think that was shitty for her to do... i also believe the aftermath was a bit overblown

• Love 3
On 2/9/2021 at 10:40 PM, GussieK said:

Oy, Tiffany really squandered her good will tonight, from the girls and the audience. 

Get a clue Tiffany - when people politely decline the opportunity to try the unorthodox foods you offer, they will rebel if you force it on them in a sneaky, underhanded way.

Tiffany might figure out how to have a good time if she could just get out of her own way.  All that time spent hitting the books and doing extra credit projects for the highest grades in the universe didn't teach her shit about social graces, or the philosophy behind American hosting customs (i.e., make your guests feel welcome and comfortable at all times). 

I guess that part of her education was badly neglected if not ignored completely, so poor Tiffany just doesn't get it.  She's so compulsive about order and control that her parties have rules to make sure the hostess is happy.  The guests better know to just suck it up.  Tiffany says she wants to make friends, but then sneers at them when chicken feet and crickets turn them off and by the way, I'll want you all to leave promptly when it gets to be my bedtime.  (Even though Kam is silly and goes to absurd extremes, in this case I don't blame Kam for setting the alarm and leaving on the dot.)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
On 2/10/2021 at 9:44 AM, Natalie68 said:

I wsa thinking that she had such an intense life between schooling and her chosen field and being so young she doesn't know how to be silly.  She seems like she needs a tutor in having fun.  Her prank was really misguided but again, done because she isn't good at this sort of thing.  I wouldn't be happy being served something I may not choose on my own however, I would have looked for it before biting.  

Her rules don't seem unreasonable. The ladies need some.

This reminds me of the comment she made on the bus to Grapeville or whatever it was called.  Tiffany couldn't join in the pole dancing but instead of just gracefully bowing out made a rude and condescending comment something like, "Where would I have learned to pole dance for money" as if the others were all pole dancing strippers in their earlier years.  I mean, she could have just laughed and hollered like everyone else, but she acted superior instead.  Way to gain friends.

• Love 7
On 2/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, albarino said:

So well said and I couldn't agree more.