Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Krystal's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Yes...he looked more feminine as he lost weight, right? That was some unfortunate DNA.

I think that was Joe, the one who moved in with the girlfriend, and they showed the wedding on a follow up show.   

It could be her psychiatrist only does the drug therapy, but the psychologists do the talk therapy.    At least, that's my understanding.     

• Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

No champagne for me (no liquor on campus), just fancy cupcakes & soda. My son and his wife had separate zoom baby showers from their respective workplaces. Not as much fun as in person, but the checks were bigger. 😄

We always have cake and champagne when one of my boss's advisees successfully gets his or her PhD. I used to work at Tufts and while our group always had booze for our parties it came out of our pockets. Harvard, where I worked before that? THEY know how to party. I still dream about our staff holiday parties, where the wine flowed and the food was luxe and plentiful. 

• Love 9

The only thing more dreadful than a ZOOM call is watching a ZOOM call on a television show that's supposed to be entertaining me.

8 minutes ago, aliya said:

No champagne for me (no liquor on campus), just fancy cupcakes & soda. My son and his wife had separate zoom baby showers from their respective workplaces. Not as much fun as in person, but the checks were bigger. 😄

I'd pay extra to get out of attending a baby shower, too!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I am jealous...I want to retire. I just got a new job two weeks ago, everyone is nice but it’s fairly demanding and I’m exhausted all the time lol. My dad is in hospital too so I’m exhausted.

How is the new job? And how's your dad? Any improvement? I've been thinking of him, and you! Hope things are getting better!

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that Mommy dearest doesn't feel guilt, she just wants to get on TV, and look supportive.   Mom needs the family plan from Dr. Now.    Except, I have no sympathy for the mother.  

I wonder what demons plague the mother, and what made her respond like that. Chances are she had similar experiences as a child. 😞

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

The only thing more dreadful than a ZOOM call is watching a ZOOM call on a television show that's supposed to be entertaining me.

But have you seen the ZOOM court hearing where one of the lawyers had the Kitten Filter on?

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

We always have cake and champagne when one of my boss's advisees successfully gets his or her PhD. I used to work at Tufts and while our group always had booze for our parties it came out of our pockets. Harvard, where I worked before that? THEY know how to party. I still dream about our staff holiday parties, where the wine flowed and the food was luxe and plentiful. 

With their megabillion dollar endowment fund, why not?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was pissed when I left my last job. I threw parties for everyone else (high turn over) and paid out of pocket for gift cards and food. I got a Zoom party but not even a virtual gift card. Assholes 😂 

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

State university. No liquor. You private school people think you're so hot.

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You can't stay away. We are your people. 

Here we go. She "feels" like she's lost a lot of weight. 

I "feel" like a millionaire, but my bank account looks like Dr. Now's weigh ins. $6.45 or so...

Edited by Suzywriter
  • LOL 12
Just now, TazDevil said:

But have you seen the ZOOM court hearing where one of the lawyers had the Kitten Filter on?

That is, honest to god, one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the internet. EVER.

For those who haven't seen it:

Harvard, where I worked before that? THEY know how to party. I still dream about our staff holiday parties, where the wine flowed and the food was luxe and plentiful. 

I still dream about our parties (and lunches!) from the  80's and 90's....

😍😍😍🍸🍺🥂🥃

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

My secretary showed it to me this morning, right after I had a zoom oral argument.  One of the other lawyers said "I'm not a cat" before we started, and I didn't get it until afterward when I saw the video!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

How is the new job? And how's your dad? Any improvement? I've been thinking of him, and you! Hope things are getting better!

Thanks so much. He was on life support and went through 2 surgeries. Still on a ventilator which they are worried about damaging his lungs but brain appears to be healing. He just needs to start breathing on his own. Thanks for asking 🙂

• Love 12
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

He looks so much like his father!

He does! I re-watched a bunch of old Mel's Rock Pile SCTV skits on Sunday. Eugene Levy is a god.

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

That is, honest to god, one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the internet. EVER.

For those who haven't seen it:

It has given me so many belly laughs since yesterday! The eyes!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Do you ever just fixate on the random blurred stuff in the background?

Yes!  And also the not-blurred stuff.  I thought for sure I saw a doll that looked like the Grandpa (or maybe the mother...I had just tuned in after a long day at work).  It was on the floor behind a chair.  I can't believe none of you snarked on it!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:
10 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Are they saying that "Dr. Pimple Popper" is ONLY going to be on Discovery Plus?

I can’t tell, but I won’t pay for it.  That’s just ridiculous. 

That's what i understand, but I expect that they will eventually show up on TLC,   I like my crime shows, but so far even Joe Kenda has failed to convince me.   I am afraid the new episodes of See No Evil will also be on it.   Sigh.......

• Love 1