Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Krystal's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I am looking for a full time job for the first time since March. Right now I work 13 hours a week. I'm dreading working the grown up hours again. 

Right? I'm living in terror that I'll have to go back to the office before I actually leave. I don't think I could face the commute again, plague or no plague. My boss and I were talking the other day and we were laughing about how I'd have to plan my own retirement party over Zoom, and I was all "dammit and I won't even get a big retirement party with cake and champagne like I always wanted!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Does TLC tell all these people that they will be the exception to the rule about moving to Houston?   I just don't get it.  Sorta like the people who go down there and seemed so shocked he is asking them to lose weight.

• Love 7

Krystal reminds me of the 600-pounder who kind of looked like a girl. He had sort of salt and pepper hair and wore round rimmed glasses. At the end of the show he proposed to his girlfriend. Ring a bell with anyone?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

she's insulin dependent diabetic too. 

That may actually go away if she loses weight.  Unlikely after so many years of abusing that body, but possible.  

Freelin ain't feelin the move.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

It's always "what HE wants me to do" and not "what I need to do".

Showing off my faincy education here.

Reasons that people seek change--
Stage 1: Forced or ordered to change by authority (court, doctor)

Stage 2: Change applied to avoid criticism.

Stage 3: Change applied to avoid personal consequenses (job loss, declining mobility, progressing symptoms)
Stage 4: Change applied because client is determined to shed the damaging behavior.  

Stage 4 is the least common reason that people seek help. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You wrote it, didn't you? Fess up!

Girl, if I wrote this show, we wouldn't all be staring at our laptop clocks right now! 

1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Her beard is back already?!!  Would her underarms be affected like this also?

It depends.  The two don't necessarily correlate.

Wow, abused by three different men at such a young age... that's just horrible.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

She's awake from 11AM to 7 PM?  That's when some folks are doing intermittent fasting.....

That's a half hour less than a standard shift at the store I used to work at (including a half hour lunch).

• Love 1

I can't snark on her too hard yet.  She seems calm and treats her family kindly, stepping up to take care of her nephew.  Her house looks relatively clean and tidy.  Unlike so many of the people who come on this show that are so unlikeable and I can't care about, I'm rooting for her.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 14

Dr. Paradise is right.  She is completely disengaged from herself and from the therapy session.  Not sure what needs to happen/how long it will take for things to click into place, if they do.  But without it, she is unlikely to succeed - it's like her body is not the body she inhabits but something separate from her...

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Wasn't Freelin in the room when Dr. Now said they had to be in Houston?

Watching him chew, he looks like he has no teeth.

And here, my friends who have observed that Krystal has a guy but you don't, is why. Do you want a toothless, scraggy bearded guy whose elevator doesn't go to the top? NO! 

4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Freelin owns one shirt.

All the spare cash goes to Chinese takeout. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

It depends.  The two don't necessarily correlate.

Wow, abused by three different men at such a young age... that's just horrible.

Yea I can’t snark on that....made my stomach turn. The flat affect is a clear indication of deep seated trauma. She has compartmentalized her abuse and never really dealt with it

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Krystal reminds me of the 600-pounder who kind of looked like a girl. He had sort of salt and pepper hair and wore round rimmed glasses. At the end of the show he proposed to his girlfriend. Ring a bell with anyone?

Yes... Joe...he looked more feminine as he lost weight, right? That was some unfortunate DNA.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Wasn't that Joe married and then divorced her while slamming her on social media.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? I'm living in terror that I'll have to go back to the office before I actually leave. I don't think I could face the commute again, plague or no plague. My boss and I were talking the other day and we were laughing about how I'd have to plan my own retirement party over Zoom, and I was all "dammit and I won't even get a big retirement party with cake and champagne like I always wanted!"

No champagne for me (no liquor on campus), just fancy cupcakes & soda. My son and his wife had separate zoom baby showers from their respective workplaces. Not as much fun as in person, but the checks were bigger. 😄

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Dr. Paradise is right.  She is completely disengaged from herself and from the therapy session.  Not sure what needs to happen/how long it will take for things to click into place, if they do.  But without it, she is unlikely to succeed - it's like her body is not the body she inhabits but something separate from her...

Probably a coping mechanism from the repeated rapes.