Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Krystal's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I wish they would solve that damn case. You would think they would be able to. 

Kenda said that the police inadvertently ruined the crime scene such that the case could never be tried in court.

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Meh, I worked at the Kennedy School, pretty much an ugly stepchild in the Harvard pecking order. We were pretty poor. You want megabucks, go to the B School.

I want tears! Hugs! People telling anecdotes about how wonderful I am and how much I'll be missed! 

Not me. I want to just go away unnoticed. But I'm the last to retire of the group that I started there with 30+ years ago so just about all my contemporaries have retired.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

State university. No liquor. You private school people think you're so hot.

I teach at a private school, and one day in late summer, a friend came to visit me on campus.  She was STUNNED when we walked by an ice cream vendor, standing in the quad offering free ice cream sandwiches to anyone walking by!  I am ashamed to say that I had become quite used to the luxe life.  I'm all gratitude since that friend's visit!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, readheaded said:

We pull the "Jeopardy" episodes out every once in a while

Eugene Levy did a great impersonation of Alex Trebek! Some of those eps are on YouTube, too.

Just now, ShortyMac said:

Freelin doesn't sound like he has many teeth.

Freelin has as many brain cells as he does teeth.

1 minute ago, Twopper said:

It cracks me up every time I see it.   I bet the new crop of 1Ls will have a lesson on Zooming.   The legal practice has really changed since I was in school. 

When I was in law school, Lexis was fairly new and we had a rep visit a class. After the person left, the professor said, "Don't worry about that stuff. No lawyer will ever use a computer."  

Many years later, I ended up changing careers and doing the PhD to examine just how much the field was changed by technology. I ended up changing my focus, but that was the impetus.

• Love 8
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Not me. I want to just go away unnoticed. But I'm the last to retire of the group that I started there with 30+ years ago so just about all my contemporaries have retired.

That's how I want to retire.  No big party.  I'll just stop showing up to the office.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm with you. As much as I complain about working at home, now that I've got a retirement date, I cant see myself going back to campus, ever. They haven't asked about a virtual retirement party, which seems totally awkward. 

I do feel freer, I'm such a worker bee, sometimes now I'm like screw it its 3pm, its not like it matters anymore. 

Right? I'm halfway out the door already. I've never been ambitious, though I am a hard worker. Now? Not so much. I love my boss and I do it for her. the end. 

8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thanks so much. He was on life support and went through 2 surgeries. Still on a ventilator which they are worried about damaging his lungs but brain appears to be healing. He just needs to start breathing on his own. Thanks for asking 🙂

Sending lots of good mojo your way. I hope he recovers fully and quickly! 

7 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Gravity ?

DEAD

5 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

27 lbs...did she work so hard by waking up a half hour earlier? 

I see you people are DETERMINED to kill me today. You are in rare form! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

The brother totally killed her. 

1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Holy cow, she has to shave more often than I do.

Right?!? I'm 35 and shave once a week. My beard/facial hair does not come in nearly as full as that. 

1 minute ago, readheaded said:

Kenda said that the police inadvertently ruined the crime scene such that the case could never be tried in court.

I've heard that it was most likely an intruder. Just give me a name. I dont care id the person gets put away. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

When I was in law school, Lexis was fairly new and we had a rep visit a class. After the person left, the professor said, "Don't worry about that stuff. No lawyer will ever use a computer."  

Many years later, I ended up changing careers and doing the PhD to examine just how much the field was changed by technology. I ended up changing my focus, but that was the impetus.

Oh, to be at that professor's retirement party! Hey, remember when you said no lawyer would ever use a computer?? 🤣

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Fishin' Musician with John Candy.  The one with Joe Walsh was highlarious.  

John Candy as Johnny LaRue,  cigarette smoking tiny donut eating fitness instructor.  Count Floyd.  Earl Camembert.  Sammy Maudlin.  Edith Prickly.  So many more, funnier than anything going on now!  I watch the DVDs all the time.

• Love 6
Just now, Hellga said:

I say she didn't lose quite the 80 pounds, but she probably got pretty close, like 65-70, and will give us our first surgery of the season.

Are we not counting Samantha's surgery from the first episode because she didn't actually earn it from Dr. Now? It does seem like she should get partial credit at best.

• LOL 4
Just now, TazDevil said:

That's how I want to retire.  No big party.  I'll just stop showing up to the office.

I work for a federal agency and tomorrow's my last day before I venture off to a new job in a different office.  There's an untitled Zoom "meeting" planned for tomorrow morning and a friend/co-worker filled me in that it's my farewell.  I. AM. DREADING. IT.  Just let me sneak away, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, TazDevil said:

Those nuns really did a thing on me. They were all sitting in the seminar room waiting for me while I was still working, wrapping up things with researchers at the last minute. I don't think it's immodest to say this, but I didn't want to leave any of 'my' people without making sure they'd be OK after I left. 

• Love 4

How y’all doing Pounders? I just got home so I think I’m going to start this at the beginning so I won’t be live chatting with you. I just wanted to say Hi! I can’t wait to see what Krystal with a K’s eating habit is. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

They have touch DNA from the waistband.....I don't see why they can't do a DNA database/genealogical search like they did for Golden State Killer.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I've heard that it was most likely an intruder. Just give me a name. I dont care id the person gets put away. 

I know; it's like the Madeline McCann disappearance-somebody needs to spill the beans about what happened.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

I teach at a private school, and one day in late summer, a friend came to visit me on campus.  She was STUNNED when we walked by an ice cream vendor, standing in the quad offering free ice cream sandwiches to anyone walking by!  I am ashamed to say that I had become quite used to the luxe life.  I'm all gratitude since that friend's visit!

Wow.. I am looking for a teaching job.. Where is your school?? Would love to teach there 😉 lol

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think they know who did it but don’t have enough proof.

In 1986 a friend of mine was murdered. It was never solved. But this is a small town and the rumor is that everyone knew who did it but they couldn't come up with enough proof. Its heartbreaking. 

9 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

The show on one of the major networks posited, fairly convincingly, that it was her brother--an accident--and that the parents covered it up to avoid his prosecution.  It all came down to the pineapple!  I think the brother sued the network, though, and may have won.

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

The brother totally killed her. 

If you watched Toddlers and Tiaras, the moms were crazy because they invest time and money into the pageants and the kids could care less and often sassed the mom. My theory is the kid wound the mother up and she beat the kid to death. Dad wrote the fake note to protect his wife (the daughter was dead). The police screwed up the evidence but when the mom died (or killed her self) a few years later, it was case closed for the police.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Burning Rubber said:

Month 3: sad music background. 

That's a lot of bacon she prepares at once.

Freelin is such a downer I'd be sleeping 20 hour days, too. 

Cripes,  munt 3 or 4 and it is already 9;30 so the chances are slim to none that she will even go back to Houston and get surgery.

I like the discussion Dr Now had with Dr Paradise.   I think maybe since he has had so many recent patients fail to get surgery he is beginning to share more of the problems he sees in his patients with the audience. 

Someone needs to mention that a side effect of losing the weight that he asks them to  is that the next trip to Houston will be a little less uncomfortable.   and for heaven's sake, get them all a scale at the beginning of the show so that they can see how they are doing without having to "feel" whether they have lost anything.  It won't take anything away from the show.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I thought that also, and mom wrote those stupid ransom notes to try to salvage at least one of her kids. 

I think they found the body and she thought the brother did it,do she wrote the note. I think that was a bad assumption on her part and it ruined any hope of being able to solve the case 

• Love 1