Type keyword(s) to search

Gomorra(h) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The show is called Gomorra in Italy and Gomorrah in English speaking countries (I guess that H is really important, eh?).

Seasons 1-3 are now available on HBO Max.

No word on when HBO Max will be airing S4 so be forewarned that viewers outside of the United States may have already seen it (meaning you may see spoilers). S5 is in the works.

Feel free to discuss the Roberto Saviano book that the show is based on and The Immortal/L'Immortale, the 2019 movie that takes place after S4 here as well.

Described as a darker, grown-up version of The Sopranos, Gomorra(h) follows Ciro Di Marzio, a member in the Savastano Camorra clan of Secondigliano, headed by Pietro Savastano. When Pietro is arrested, an internal power struggle breaks out with his rivals as well as between the "old guard" of the clan and the "young guard" headed by his son Gennaro Savastano. Ciro and Gennaro eventually find themselves at odds with their own families, and the several alliances they make with various criminal groups, as they navigate the Naples underworld.

The series has gained critical acclaim for its characterization, pacing, atmosphere, acting, directing, and writing. It has also become a ratings hit for Sky, regularly featuring as one of the network's most-watched cable shows.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Love this show! Saw the movie back when it came out, and started watching when it was on Netflix a few years back.
I started taking Italian classes last year so  I was happy to find it on HBO Max. Currently on season 2 ep. 4.