Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

After a chance encounter, Abishola and Christina unexpectedly hit it off as future sisters-in-law. Also, at MaxDot, Douglas gives the workers a much needed morale boost, but feels pressured when Bob praises him as a natural leader.

Airdate: 02/08/2021

Strange stuff with the musical numbers but still entertaining. You just know some of those extras were theater types

Who knew Douglas could actually come up with good, workable ideas?

Interesting bonding between Abishola and Christina

• Love 8

It seems weird that everybody is working hard and Christina doesn't even show up to work.

It's weird that it seemed like it was two or more days at the factory story line and only one day for the Christina and Abishola story line.

• Love 2

OMG, that was so much fun! I kept rewinding all the dance numbers and singing along, haha. I wish every episode had a dance number, hee!

I also liked Christina with the anaphylactic shock. I like how her face got more and more blotchy. The make-up department did a pretty decent job. 

I think the final dance number with Bob was cut short. It seemed to end suddenly for me. Did anyone else have the same issue? I wanted to see more and a proper ending to the dance. 

• Love 10

I thought we did see a proper ending to the dance. Maybe your local station goofed?

I liked all the things everyone else liked. Plus Abishola telling Kemi they don't know not everyone is sleeping with the pharmacist. Her humor sneaks up on you.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I think the final dance number with Bob was cut short. It seemed to end suddenly for me. Did anyone else have the same issue? I wanted to see more and a proper ending to the dance. 

On CBS.com it ended with Bob putting on sunglasses, and then he and Doug stood back-to-back with arms crossed.

Excellent episode! Nice to see Doug and Christina be appreciated and shown respect. Christina needs a purpose in life now. Maybe it’s not in the company business, or maybe the business can fund a small foundation for her to use to help people.

I’m glad the show moved away from the Mother’s recovery storyline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

On CBS.com it ended with Bob putting on sunglasses, and then he and Doug stood back-to-back with arms crossed.

I saw Bob put on the glasses but got no part with Doug. Damn you, TV station. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm in Canada, and the show is simulcast on CTV. Right as the dance started, it switched back to the American CBS station, so I missed a bunch of the dance frantically yelling "no"  and looking for the remote to switch channels. I saw the end, but not anything in the middle. And, because I'm in Canada, I can't watch it on the CBS website. The CTV site better have it up soon, so I can see it. I have a feeling it is worth the watch.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Browncoat said:

That was fun. Well, except for the anaphylaxis part.

Agreed.  It seems Abishola is always accompanying a member of Bob's family to the hospital  . . . .

Shouldn't the injection Abishola gave to Christina have staved off some of the anaphylaxis reaction?  Watching Christina get worse and worse on the way to the hospital was disturbing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Agreed.  It seems Abishola is always accompanying a member of Bob's family to the hospital  . . . .

Shouldn't the injection Abishola gave to Christina have staved off some of the anaphylaxis reaction?  Watching Christina get worse and worse on the way to the hospital was disturbing. 

After anaphylaxis, you should get checked out, even after using an Epipen. Just in case. Better safe than sorry!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, hula-la said:

I'm in Canada, and the show is simulcast on CTV. Right as the dance started, it switched back to the American CBS station, so I missed a bunch of the dance frantically yelling "no"  and looking for the remote to switch channels. I saw the end, but not anything in the middle. And, because I'm in Canada, I can't watch it on the CBS website. The CTV site better have it up soon, so I can see it. I have a feeling it is worth the watch.

Canadian here too. For me it was just the ending, thankfully. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I’m assuming having Auntie Olu put the traditional Nigerian hat on Christina was a bit of a PSA to say that it’s not cultural appropriation if someone from the culture of origin bestows it unasked. 
But here I am assuming again. 

I think it's different if someone gives it to you vs if you just go and take it. I know nothing about what Christina was wearing, so I can't comment on this particular case. But as a general principle with respect to cultural appropriation, it's about the appropriation. Receiving a gift is different than taking something or profiting off it, without permission from those it comes from.

• Love 2

Awwwww....  I just loved this episode, start to finish.  I loved how Christina found acceptance with Abishola's family.  I loved how we all had the wrong impression when Christina was acting all sketchy about asking for more meds beyond the prescription allowed, and it turned out to be anti-anxiety meds instead of pain pills.

I loved how thrilled Douglas was to be told he was good at something, and how thrilled Bob was to tell him that.  And the dancing was fun.

More like this, please!

• Love 11
On 2/9/2021 at 6:18 AM, Harvey said:

Christina looked so pretty with that Nigerian styled head piece on her ❤️

Until some "woke" SJW starts haranguing her for "cultural appropriation."

23 hours ago, LadyNebula said:

I... actually liked Christina in this episode. For some reason the "How do you feel?" "A little light headed... But surrounded by love!" made me laugh but feel for her at the same time. 

Maybe it's because I tend to get emotional when I watch TV alone, but Christina's apologies at "ruining" the family dinner because of her allergic reaction to the peanuts was just heartbreaking to me, especially when she said she never did anything right. You know she's been told that her entire life. I was a little uncomfortable in the first season when they made a joke of her emotional instability, but I hope that gets rectified this season.

I liked that moving Douglas to the factory floor was the best thing for him, but is it a factory or just a fulfillment house?  The socks are manufactured in China, so does the staff at MaxDot just ship the socks out?

Despite Mrs. Wheeler's constant belittling of her children, it seems like she (and maybe Mr. Wheeler and to a lesser extent Bob) have coddled the twins and insulated them. Witness Douglas getting very upset that the staff had to work two or three extra jobs so they could make ends meet or get extra money for extracurricular activities.

Even though I think Bob has a certain rapport with the workers, like Goodwin and Kofo, I like that he learned something from Douglas and came down from his office to do the flash mob dance with the rest of the line workers.

• Love 4

Awwwww that was a really cute episode, I really enjoyed both plots. I don't think we have seen much of Christina and Abishola alone hanging out, it was really nice seeing them bond. Christina was so happy, especially with Tunde and Olu being all hospitable and making her feel like she belongs. 

Also nice seeing Douglas actually doing a good job at work, in his own quirky way, and that Bob was so happy to see him doing well. The musical numbers were a ton of fun, I think its time for a talent night after bowling!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, threebluestars said:

The dance numbers reminded me of the ones they used to do on Drew Carey that I loved.

I thought the dance numbers were inspired by the current series, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, but I didn’t watch Drew Carey. 

Edited by shapeshifter

The dances were fun, but this episode contained yet another absolutely infuriating depiction of severe allergies. No one for whom peanuts pose a risk of anaphylactic shock eats strange food without checking out the ingredients, no matter how much they want to please their hosts.  Or they take the cookie and don't eat it. (Or, at *worst*, they eat a very small bite and check for a reaction before proceeding.) I am so, so tired of this particular sitcom trope (and Lorre has used it berfore - Howard on BBT was also allergic to peanuts) because it treats people with allergies as if they were irresponsible idiots.

• Love 1