Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Last Night Was Magic

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Nasty POS chris validated ALL my negative opinions about him when he replied to  Paige's question about whether he still had feelings for his 'ex-finacee' by stating it 'didn't matter' because he had made vows to Paige.  WHAT A COMPLETE PIECE OF SHIT HE IS!!!!!

YES!  I was yelling at my TV that he didn't answer the question.  

She needs to run.  Not just because of the baby, but because of how he is behaving.  I have a cousin who married a man who acts like that, and her life is coddling him and making excuses to everyone for how he behaves.  I couldn't do it.  Not sure how/why she does.

And Chris looks so different now then he did in the selection process.  His face looks different somehow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

They both are probably drunk by night time and don’t remember having sex.  Seems she drinks from morning till night.  Looks like he’s starting up too.

Looking at the back of Virginia's head she defiantly did not spend time brushing her hair before coming down for the group date.

Erik seemed weirdly competitive countering that they could have had sex within an hour of meeting when he heard champagne Vinny had consummated his marriage, coupled with his comments that Virginia and him where on the fast track compared to the other couples I get a weird vibe from him.

It will be interesting to see how they cope as a couple when he can not drink with Virginia since it seems to be such a big part of her life.

I would love to hear his fellow pilots reactions, I know a few and they are a bunch of gossipy mean girls when it comes to another pilot not acting professional even during their personal time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Virginia was laughing as she said it. Chris is awful but he could have been reacting to her giggly response to the news.

I was getting a schadenfreude feeling from Virginia & Erik during that.  They want to be the #1 "successful" couple maybe? They joked about it at breakfast. It came across very immature. Were they hammered there? Anyone saying "I got you. Anything you need, just let us know." Wtf would a couple in the same situation as you (basically) "need" from you??! Not defending Chris or anything here. But that scene was cringeworthy. The other couples had great & appropriate responses. Erik & Virginia...wtf?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

It's interesting to note that Kate (Kate/Luke) had many of us feeling upset for her until almost the end when she finally admitted that they had been having sex. I think, from reading here and my own thoughts, we are already done with Paige.

It's tricky - the show did her dirty by pairing her with this rat bastard, so for that she deserves sympathy, but at the same time it's frustrating watching her make stupid decisions like having sex with said rat bastard MULTIPLE TIMES while spouting it's "God's will". Just no.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, karenbrady said:

She doesn't want one, she's too busy relying on what she's sure God has laid out for her.

I've observed that many Christians use this as a way to avoid making/owning decisions or taking control over their lives...including countless times on this very show😂

oh, my reality TV show husband  I just met and banged has impregnated another woman and appears to be a sociopath? Whelp, it's God's will, so....guess there's absolutely nothing to be done!

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
On 2/10/2021 at 9:02 PM, MyTwoCents said:

NOW Chris wants to think about his wife and quote the Bible??? Aw, hell naw!! Worst Ever!!
RUN Paige!! The big “reason” they matched you was for ratings! You two have nothing in common and he is a fake Christian and a con man.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, Silver Bells said:

Paige should just leave.  She knows him three days.  It’s not like she’s in love with him.  He’s a jerk anyway.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:37 PM, Crashcourse said:

I still find it hard to believe that Erik's fallen so hard and so quickly for Virginia.  I wonder about his past dating life.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, Straycat80 said:

Chris is the worst, upset because everyone is being supportive of Paige and not him. Classic narcissistic. So he’s going to be a drama queen and cry about it. Wonder what his Dad thinks about all this. 

First, I wan to say that I am pleasantly surprised that I am enjoying this season.

I am enjoying it mostly because all the couples are treating each other very civilly and I like most of them.

Brianna and Vincent are already too adorable.

Ryan and Clara seem to be in sync. I think Clara is an attractive woman but her false eyelashes are too dark and heavy for her. They weigh down her eyes.

Eric and Virginia are the wild card match that seems to be crazy about each other. He will give her structure and seems to really enjoy her youthful enthusiasm. This is his second marriage so he is very desperate to make it work.

Haley and Jacob are not vibing but they seem to be making the most out of their free trip.

And then....

I love Paige. I know some of you do not think she is not attractive but I think she has beautiful skin and a warm smile.

Paige, Chris is not staying with you because of his vow to God...he is staying with you because his broke ass desperately needs this paycheck.

This giant asshole had the AUDACITY to go off in a corner and start crying because he was jealous that all the other husbands found their wives extremely attractive and he was not attracted to Paige. He was jealous, when he has put this poor woman thru the ringer. She comes up to COMFORT HIS STUPID ASS and he wants her gone.

Oh, Paige, please wake up. This man is horrible and this is not God's plan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
14 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

I've observed that many Christians use this as a way to avoid making/owning decisions or taking control over their lives...including countless times on this very show😂

oh, my reality TV show husband  I just met and banged has impregnated another woman and appears to be a sociopath? Whelp, it's God's will, so....guess there's absolutely nothing to be done!

Conversely, it could be argued that G-d is giving Paige many many signs that it is their will that she get the fuck out of this marriage ASAP!!!! 🤪

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I was getting a schadenfreude feeling from Virginia & Erik during that.  They want to be the #1 "successful" couple maybe? They joked about it at breakfast. It came across very immature. Were they hammered there? Anyone saying "I got you. Anything you need, just let us know." Wtf would a couple in the same situation as you (basically) "need" from you??! Not defending Chris or anything here. But that scene was cringeworthy. The other couples had great & appropriate responses. Erik & Virginia...wtf?

You answered your own question - they were hammered 😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I love Paige. I know some of you do not think she is not attractive but I think she has beautiful skin and a warm smile.

I also don't think she's not attractive... 😉

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I felt like there was competition as well between Virginia/Erik, Bri/Vincent and Clara/Ryan.

They were all feeling each other out to see who were the #1 couple of the group.  There's usually always one runaway couple.  Chris wanted to be #1 so that's why he was so pissed

I wouldn't be surprised if Virginia/Erik turn up the antics the next time they see Bri/Vincent

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, gumbo said:

I felt like there was competition as well between Virginia/Erik, Bri/Vincent and Clara/Ryan.

They were all feeling each other out to see who were the #1 couple of the group.  There's usually always one runaway couple.  Chris wanted to be #1 so that's why he was so pissed

I wouldn't be surprised if Virginia/Erik turn up the antics the next time they see Bri/Vincent

I wonder if part of this is because the "star" couple will be more likely to get invited back for lucrative MAFS opportunities.

Also, Chris, you are the giant loser in the group...the only one that should be pissed is Paige.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Vincent and Briana's romantic dinner was so sweet. They are a darling couple. Then we have to leave their blissful bubble and go back to the Chris and Paige train wreck. What a downer. It's like a dark, stormy, thunder cloud invaded the clear and sunny skies.

• Love 5
On 2/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, humbleopinion said:

She is not wowed by your muscled physique, by your unique DIY house, your niche insider joke quirks, your droll deadpan ironic humor, your collection of costumey t shirts, loud shorts and idiotic fanny packs...it will be a long 8 weeks with this couple and us...

🙋‍♀️ I'm here for it....and I think he looks especially cute when he smiles with his teeth.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I also think Vincent asked the question more seriously, while Virginia was laughing as she said it. Chris is awful but he could have been reacting to her giggly response to the news.

She also awkwardly said, "Hey, you got nine months!" Meaning they have 9 months to get to know each other before the baby arrives.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I loved the three normal couples cracking themselves up at their silly “Leave Virginia Alone” joke!

They were making jokes about people who date just to get free dinners. They said it twice and both times the camera panned to Virginia walking in with Eric. Production is doing Virginia dirty.

Virginia always looks sloppy, but so does Eric with his big t-shirts with stretched-out collars. And Eric's dressy clothes is a collection of (loose) polo shirts, one in each color of the rainbow.

On 2/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Chris is about as Christian as the Duggars think they are. 

I lol'ed when he "said grace" before dinner. Paige's reaction!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I lol'ed when he "said grace" before dinner. Paige's reaction!

I don't recall that, but what I do recall is that when they had breakfast, he dug right into his food without saying grace at all...busted!

On 2/11/2021 at 8:46 AM, HZAnita said:

If this is how he treats his "Queen," I can not even imagine how he treats other women.  Like WTF, show??  

Yeah, he said that now his wife comes first...so, uh, how 'first' did he put her when he told all the producers about the pregnancy, refused to tell his wife, justified not telling her, and projecting continuing to not tell her?

On 2/11/2021 at 4:56 PM, Retired at last said:

They are in the "interview" stage where they ask each other stupid questions and then never take the discussions any further. After he shared that info about the pink thong (yikes!), she could have said something crazy she had done. Or, he could have asked. Neither happened. 

On 2/11/2021 at 12:13 PM, eyelash said:

I wish Jake would stop being a "character" and just talk to her on a person to person level.  Surely he can tell by now she's not "getting" his 80's obsession and dry humor.  (If he can't, then that's probably insurmountable in itself).  But if he's capable of telling, why not just talk to her about something else or ask her a question?  The fact that he doesn't makes me lump him in the same category as Henry from the NOLA season -- probably a likeable guy overall, but impossible for him to relax and just be himself until way too far into this "social experiment" to make it worthwhile for the bride to stick around.

He seems to view questions as something that by virtue solely of the act of asking, supposedly shows that he is interested, rather than actually being interested in hearing the response.  When he asked about her first relationship, and she said she had a serious relationship at 15, that would have been a great opportunity to ask follow-up questions and get to know her better...but that is not what he was genuinely interested in.  I also think he asks some questions so that he can then have the person ask him the question back, and get to give what he thinks is his charmingly quirky/offbeat answer.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't recall that, but what I do recall is that when they had breakfast, he dug right into his food without saying grace at all...busted!

Paige told him "Aren't you gonna say grace?"

He bowed his head and said, "Thank you for this food. Amen."...That was all. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think that Virginia has a drinking problem and will end up roping in Erik to drink with her in order to deflect attention from her needing to drink all day.  I noticed how she not only downed that whiskey at the pool like a marathon runner with a Dixie cup of water, but she had a backup cocktail served immediately on a platter with it- huge sign of needing to keep a strong buzz going.  I don't think this show vets people as well as they say that they do- I think that they intentionally pair people who are incompatible to create drama and views which if true is really sadistic and wrong.  Between the janitor/yoga teacher/principal pathological liar guy last season to the narcissistic/manipulative/dishonest Chris, I'm going to throw in the towel on Married at First Sight after this season is over.  

• Love 2
On 2/10/2021 at 7:02 PM, MyTwoCents said:

NOW Chris wants to think about his wife and quote the Bible??? Aw, hell naw!! Worst Ever!!
RUN Paige!! The big “reason” they matched you was for ratings! You two have nothing in common and he is a fake Christian and a con man.

She's not much better when it comes to being a Christian.  She uses it's "God's will" to justify every one of her decisions. It's not God making decisions for her, it's her that's making the decisions and then saying there from God.  She's also had pre-marital sex and doesn't come close to dressing modestly or even decent for that matter.  

Edited by TJ N
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, Mean Jeanne said:

Can we talk about that giant vein so grotesquely displayed on Erik’s bald head? I’m really warming up to him but that hair “style” isn’t doing him any favors. And seriously, Erik and every other parent in the world, please please do not FORCE your children to go to the church of YOUR choice!! I was raised in a strict southern baptist church and forced to go twice every Sunday and on Wednesday night, revivals, VBS and basically every time the church doors were opened. I hated it and resent my parents for it to this day!!!

The VBS I went to was awesome.  Of course I get what your saying.  Some churches can make children ministries so boring.  They forget a lot of times that they are kids.  But we all do it as adults to, we forget what we where like at 16, 18, etc.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Rae Spellman said:

Unpopular opinion: Paige is more frustrating than Chris. The show is doing Chris almost as dirty as they are doing Paige. Dude is an immature twenty-seven, is shallow, and they matched him with someone he wouldn't be attracted to. He is not ready to be married, they selected him anyway, and are exploiting him for entertainment. That said both Paige and Chris are old enough to know better. 

Chris told and showed Paige who he was. She should believe him. Maybe Paige's problem is that she wants a Chris-type dude when she'd be better off with some average looking accountant who is nominally Christian. As others have said, she needs to stop blaming MAFS shenanigans on God.

No one deserves to go through what Paige is going through.  It's ridiculous to go on this show and find out the person you married is about to have a kid.  There's zero excuse for that.  Who knows what the contractual obligations are for this show.  She seems checked out right now and I'd guess that's never going to change.  She will probably be this season's Henry where she basically checks out at the honeymoon.  Although she's already addressed the problems with Chris that Henry choose not to address until the reunion show.

• Love 6
On 2/10/2021 at 7:51 PM, Straycat80 said:

Chris is the worst, upset because everyone is being supportive of Paige and not him. Classic narcissistic. So he’s going to be a drama queen and cry about it. Wonder what his Dad thinks about all this. 

To be fair that's got to suck having everyone support Paige and not him.  None of these people know him or her so their basing those opinions off of first impressions which is one part I've never liked about this show.  They are all strangers that make pretty quick judgements about each other.  That all being said Chris is reaping what he's sowing.  If people don't like you, you can choose to actually try and get them to like you but he has zero interest in that being a narcissist and all.

• Love 2
On 2/11/2021 at 1:28 PM, Crashcourse said:

an onion eater.

Somebody find out if Jake reads J.P. Donleavy. 

In his novel The Onion Eaters, an extraordinarily endowed young man named Clayton Claw Cleaver Clementine takes possession of an ancient castle on the rocky coast of Ireland. Mayhem ensues.

Somebody else get Paige to a real pastor (sit down and STFU, Cal) who can tell her she owes nothing to the liar, user Chris. Then she can get a place to stay, show up in front of a camera as necessary and stop the abuse. (Me hoping that's what happens, obviously it's all done by now.)

Edited by buttersister
  • Love 3
On 2/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, CSunshine76 said:

I need Chris to open his mouth and enunciate so I can hear his devastating news!

Ugggghhhh. Too much airtime hyping the drama with that mumbling FOOL!! He's seriously tryna hide! #OVERIT

• Love 2

Rooting for Vincent and Briana the most, followed by Clara and Ryan. Ryan is more likable than I thought he would be, which just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its stupid hair, or however the saying goes. 😉 I hope he and Clara remain friends even if their marriage doesn't work out. 

On 2/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, Straycat80 said:

I feel as if Chris performatively cries at least once per episode.

On 2/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Paige keeps making excuses for Chris via “ God “, however I think she’s missing that God is giving her all of these red flags very early on so she makes a quick decision to leave him and to not waste any time or energy on this trash . 

16 hours ago, theartandsound said:

Conversely, it could be argued that G-d is giving Paige many many signs that it is their will that she get the fuck out of this marriage ASAP!!!! 🤪

I'm a Christian, too. Framing your own desires as "the will of God" is sadly a frequent mistake we tend to make; it never ends well. Paige needs clarity--refuse to engage unless Chris actually answers your question about whether he still has feelings for his ex, tells you his plan for being in his child's life, and explains his flip-flopping attraction to you. (By the way, you are very pretty, Paige.)

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 8
On 2/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, Straycat80 said:

On 2/10/2021 at 7:57 PM, Silver Bells said:

I’m not watching this show to see Chris having meltdowns or Paige acting like she’s going to save him.  Get the .... out of here, both of them.  Dumb and Dumber ! 

I'm EXHAUSTED by his antics! Running away & fake crying. BE AN ADULT & COPE!! WTF?!! His imbalance is too much! & they can talk to others, but not their spouse?? WHY?? 😂

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TJ N said:

To be fair that's got to suck having everyone support Paige and not him.  None of these people know him or her so their basing those opinions off of first impressions which is one part I've never liked about this show.  They are all strangers that make pretty quick judgements about each other.  That all being said Chris is reaping what he's sowing.  If people don't like you, you can choose to actually try and get them to like you but he has zero interest in that being a narcissist and all.

Well in this case they're basing their opinions on something he's actually done - the rest of them all managed to Marry a Complete Stranger without impregnating anyone during the selection process 😄   While it would indeed suck to have everyone support Paige and not him, he sucks for being shocked and offended about it.

• Love 12
On 2/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, eyelash said:

I wish Jake would stop being a "character" and just talk to her on a person to person level.  Surely he can tell by now she's not "getting" his 80's obsession and dry humor.  (If he can't, then that's probably insurmountable in itself).  But if he's capable of telling, why not just talk to her about something else or ask her a question?  The fact that he doesn't makes me lump him in the same category as Henry from the NOLA season -- probably a likeable guy overall, but impossible for him to relax and just be himself until way too far into this "social experiment" to make it worthwhile for the bride to stick around.

Ya. WHAT even is THAT??  A form of protection? So if he's rejected, it's not the "real" him that's rejected? 😅 That's so stupid. Can't stand when people are too scared to be themselves. OR is he being himself TOO MUCH for a complete stranger? Gotta find that right balance.

Edited by Lindz
On 2/11/2021 at 7:25 AM, Booger666 said:

Chris is seriously messed up.  He is likely love bombing her in private and then with others acting like it’s over.

Oh brother! NOW he's saying the right things: She's #1. He's attracted to her now. I'm not buying it! ALL LIES!! Again. EXHAUSTED!! NAUSEATING ROLLER-COASTER!! 😣😩

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Blissfool said:

I wonder what Chris (and production) would have done if Paige was the one who found out she was six weeks pregnant on the honeymoon. 🤔

He’d have an excuse to get out of it so at first he wouldn’t be able to hide his glee but since he has a driving need for attention he’d turn it all around so he could be the victim. He’d be on social media screaming about how he was wronged and probably end up suing the show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

PO$ Chris tell the camera guy he still loves his ex.

Yet he is speaking out of the other side of his Mush Mouth to Paige that she is his Queen.

Poor fetu$.

Poor Paige.

PO$ Chris wants a “full family “ with his ex and fetu$ but Paige has no clue he said this to a producer.

Erik and VA trounce all over the eggshells the other couples were tip toeing around....
Ratings gold, I tell ya....ratings gold!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 2/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Regarding Chris and Paige:

I feel the experts* failed at their task by not asking Chris what I believe would be logical questions once he revealed he had been previously engaged:

1. When did your engagement end?

2. Have you had any contact with your ex since you broke off the engagement?

3. If so, what type of contact was that? Email? Phone? Text? In person?

4. How frequent was that contact?

5. If the contact was in person, was any of it of a sexual nature?

6. When was the last time you were in contact with your ex?

And then, regardless of his answers, they should have hunted down his ex and asked HER the same questions.

Ever since that wife got arrested at the airport, I've said they should interview exes!! 😂😂

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 2/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, Soup333 said:

“Damn, y’all went at it.” 🤣🤣🤣

Chris has dead eyes. Dead. I hate him. 

Uhhhh. Did he add 1 more time?? So they did it again on the 1st night of the honeymoon? UGH!! GROSS!! Her wedding ring is back on for the others. His is still gone, with cameras zooming in. She's still not wearing the necklace he got her. Looks like she won't since they're not in her TH.

• Love 3
On 2/11/2021 at 1:28 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

But she said the voice in her head telling her to go on MAFS was also God.  So confusing.  Maybe she should try thinking for herself; I don't think the results could be any worse, but of course she'd have only herself to blame.

And Vincent actually asked the same question, yet Chris didn't get all bent out of shape and call him disrespectful. 

This is from a Christian perspective.  God gives us free will and the spirit of discernment. Unfortunately Paige is ignoring the strong feeling to end her marriage to Chris ( discernment) and is using her free will to try and make her marriage work.  Eventually she'll get the message. 

Chris is a narcissist, but he's not stupid.  Vincent gives off strong "you don't bother me , I won't bother you" vibes. He knows better than to "try" Vincent.  He'll act up with Erik in public because it gives him attention. 

• Love 8
On 2/11/2021 at 10:17 AM, essexjan said:

Then he acts like a 14-year-old girl whose Facebook posts are designed to get the "U OK hun?" response when tells Paige there's 'devastating news' but he can't tell her what it is.

WHYYYY is he baiting her?!! WTF is wrong with him?!! EFFIN with her!! EFFIN PSYCHO!! HATE HIM!! She needs to freak out on him. He is really trying it.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I think that Virginia has a drinking problem and will end up roping in Erik to drink with her in order to deflect attention from her needing to drink all day.  

I noticed that even before VA and Erik drunkenly stumbled into the gathering with the other couples, Erik was already drunk in his ITM/interviews from earlier in the day.  It was surprising to hear him slur his words a little and see his eyes had that drunken slight closure. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I noticed that even before VA and Erik drunkenly stumbled into the gathering with the other couples, Erik was already drunk in his ITM/interviews from earlier in the day.  It was surprising to hear him slur his words a little and see his eyes had that drunken slight closure. 

Not to mention the constant tongue poking I was like WTF is he doing, he did it a few times at their dinner but when they meet the other couples is was like he couldn't keep it in his mouth.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, princelina said:

Well in this case they're basing their opinions on something he's actually done - the rest of them all managed to Marry a Complete Stranger without impregnating anyone during the selection process 😄   While it would indeed suck to have everyone support Paige and not him, he sucks for being shocked and offended about it.

I just don’t get it.  Doesn’t any woman use birth control anymore ????????????  It’s always a surprise or disaster.  In my day, I remember always saying “put it on”.  If it were up to him, I would have been pregnant every year.  Guys don’t give a shit in the moment.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I wonder what Chris (and production) would have done if Paige was the one who found out she was six weeks pregnant on the honeymoon. 🤔

3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

He’d have an excuse to get out of it so at first he wouldn’t be able to hide his glee but since he has a driving need for attention he’d turn it all around so he could be the victim. He’d be on social media screaming about how he was wronged and probably end up suing the show. 

As long as Chris got paid, he would be really happy. He gets the full paycheck that he desperately needs and no longer has to stay married to a woman that he is not attracted to but still has sex with (twice in one day).

3 hours ago, spunky said:

This is from a Christian perspective.  God gives us free will and the spirit of discernment. Unfortunately Paige is ignoring the strong feeling to end her marriage to Chris ( discernment) and is using her free will to try and make her marriage work.  Eventually she'll get the message. 

Chris is a narcissist, but he's not stupid.  Vincent gives off strong "you don't bother me , I won't bother you" vibes. He knows better than to "try" Vincent.  He'll act up with Erik in public because it gives him attention. 

There is that story where a man is drowning...someone comes with a boat to rescue him and he says, "No thanks, God will save me." He is still drowning and someone else comes with a boat  to save him and he again refuses saying that God will save him.

The man dies and goes to Heaven. In Heaven, he asks God, "Why did you not come to save me?" and God replies, " I sent two people with a boat and you are the idiot that turned them down." I think some version of this was in the Pursuit of Happyness movie (Happiness is purposefully misspelled).

Paige reminds of the man in the story. There is no way she should want to be married to this ass clown and God's will does not excuse your own stupidity.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

There is that story where a man is drowning...someone comes with a boat to rescue him and he says, "No thanks, God will save me." He is still drowning and someone else comes with a boat  to save him and he again refuses saying that God will save him.

The man dies and goes to Heaven. In Heaven, he asks God, "Why did you not come to save me?" and God replies, " I sent two people with a boat and you are the idiot that turned them down."

The full story that I've heard is even better, and shows much more delusion...a flood is coming and a man is at his house, and as the water rises, someone comes by in a rowboat and offers to rescue him.  He says no thanks, God will save me.  The waters continue to rise and he is in an upper window, and someone comes by in a lifeboat and offers to rescue him.  He again says no thanks, God will save me.  The waters continue to rise and he is on the roof of the house, and someone comes by in a helicopter and offers to rescue him.  He again says no thanks, God will save me.  The man drowns, and goes to heaven, and asks God, Why didn't you save me?  And God replies, Who do you think sent the rowboat, lifeboat, and helicopter?

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I just don’t get it.  Doesn’t any woman use birth control anymore ????????????  It’s always a surprise or disaster.  In my day, I remember always saying “put it on”.  If it were up to him, I would have been pregnant every year.  Guys don’t give a shit in the moment.

Yes!!! Forget about birth control, you don't know what's hitching a ride on this stranger's junk. I suppose Paige knows God won't give her any STDs she can't handle, either 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 2/11/2021 at 10:58 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Paige keeps making excuses for Chris via “ God “, however I think she’s missing that God is giving her all of these red flags very early on so she makes a quick decision to leave him and to not waste any time or energy on this trash . 

I’m wondering if God told her to wear that red dress on Unfilteted?  Enticing boobs down to her navel, and skirt up to her whoha.  For the world to see.  Disgradziado.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, qtpye said:

As long as Chris got paid, he would be really happy. He gets the full paycheck that he desperately needs and no longer has to stay married to a woman that he is not attracted to but still has sex with (twice in one day).

The man dies and goes to Heaven. In Heaven, he asks God, "Why did you not come to save me?" and God replies, " I sent two people with a boat and you are the idiot that turned them down." I think some version of this was in the Pursuit of Happyness movie (Happiness is purposefully misspelled).

Paige reminds of the man in the story. There is no way she should want to be married to this ass clown and God's will does not excuse your own stupidity.

I remember that story too. Paige is definitely the drowning man, hopefully she gets out soon.

• Love 3
On 2/11/2021 at 6:42 PM, Mrs. Button said:

The words she [Paige] chooses feel a little off too ... like someone who has read too many romance novels maybe? When she was talking to his parents (paraphrasing a bit here): "I would never give myself to a man ..." seemed a bit odd. I have never heard anyone talk that way, it really struck me, not necessarily negatively, but as though perhaps I reside on a nearby planet to her. 

I think both her language and the breathy voice thing come from her faith.  When I've watched the Duggars, polygamists, and other religious fundamentalists, they tend to use phrases like that.  And women are encouraged to "keep sweet," vocally.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

He would have been happy because the others would be supportive of him instead of Paige 😄 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/12/2021 at 8:07 AM, lh25 said:

She needs to run.  Not just because of the baby, but because of how he is behaving.  I have a cousin who married a man who acts like that, and her life is coddling him and making excuses to everyone for how he behaves.  I couldn't do it.  Not sure how/why she does.

She SHOULD but, IMO, she won't because she's becoming enthralled with always being the "martyr" to a "bad boy" and, again, IMO, thinking and hoping against hope that her "love" will "change him for the better."

This is a typical "co-dependent" behavior that is very dysfunctional and almost never succeeds (some exceptions, of course).  She will constantly be trying to "rescue, fix and caretake" her errant boy/man "husband" until she's broke (let's not forget that his financial clout seems very transitory and mostly delusional), exhausted and emotionally devastated. 

You cannot "fix" another person.  You can only "fix" your response to the other person's behavior.  His choices will likely lead both of them into the depths of difficulty and distress; however, I believe Paige will stick like glue to Chris until she gets a "clue" about his viability as a husband.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/11/2021 at 7:41 AM, Silver Bells said:

I’ve stayed at the Mandelay Bay.  I won’t anymore tho.  Just because of the fish in the tanks.  How can anyone enjoy a meal watching those beautiful creatures swimming around in a circle?

not to be the vegas chamber of commerce or the mandalay PR group... they have a damn good sportsbook

• Love 1
On 2/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, Ilovepie said:

I also think Clara likes him and vice versa. They do have a lot in common, but they are miles apart with no compromise in sight on things that really matter. His face when they were talking about raising kids is a big red flag. He is being polite, but I think he's actually very religious, and she is not. The convo about raising kids in church is a huge deal. I don't think he wanted to go there on camera but that is not going to go away. These are the types of things those asshole experts should be paying attention to because it could be a deal breaker. It would be for me. I guess we'll see just how important it is for Ryan to be on the same page with his wife, or if he's fine with her accepting his faith but not participating in it with him.

I think a lot of this production manipulation.  I think the producers want us to believe Ryan wants to raise his kids in an "austere" Christian environment and Clara wants to raise them as heathens.  If they are compatible adults I think they can figure this out.  I don't get the sense Ryan is some religious nutjob who is super dogmatic

• Love 6