Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Last Night Was Magic

• Start Topic

Yes, Haley is trying.

Yes, Jacob is trying.

But Jacob, honey...it is looking more and more that you won't be doing any naked yoga poses with your wife anytime soon.

You lack the sophistication, the polish, the businessman metrosexually that Haley finds attractive...

She is not wowed by your muscled physique, by your unique DIY house, your niche insider joke quirks, your droll deadpan ironic humor, your collection of costumey t shirts, loud shorts and idiotic fanny packs...it will be a long 8 weeks with this couple and us...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Yes, Haley is trying.

Yes, Jacob is trying.

But Jacob, honey...it is looking more and more that you won't be doing any naked yoga poses with your wife anytime soon.

You lack the sophistication, the polish, the businessman metrosexually that Haley finds attractive...

She is not wowed by your muscled physique, by your unique DIY house, your niche insider joke quirks, your droll eadpan humor, your collection of costumey t shirts, loud shorts and ironic fanny packs...it will be a long 8 weeks with this couple and us...

Why then, did the “experts” match them?   Maybe that’s why they are hiding.  Opposites attract ????

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 1

I think Jacob is a product of bad editing.  He and Haley looked more cozy this episode, so I think she's coming around.

Erik is getting some bad editing too.  VA keeps saying she's "young" but she's way too old for the party lifestyle.  I think Erik is just trying to let her know without coming right out and saying that he wants a more settled wife.  He's attracted to her physically right now but her party ways in the real world will turn him off quick. 

I can see big red flags waving over Ryan's head every time Clara opens her mouth.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

I'm sure there are many more reasons why he is the most hateful, despicable vile human being they've had on this show since S2 Ryan, but that's all I can think of for now.

Let’s not let Luke off the hook 😏

Did anyone notice Chris constantly looking at someone ( I'm assuming Production). When he was having serious talks with Paige?  I thought it was distracting. 

Jake is growing on me, I think he’s got a nice dry sense of humor.  Haley seems to be really trying.  I’ll give her that.

I don’t think Ryan is that in to Clara.  Nothing specific, just a feeling.

• Love 9
Just now, Silver Bells said:

Why then, did the “experts” match them?   Maybe that’s why they are hiding. 

Production f*ckery....

Are there no women in the humongous Atlanta Metropolitan area with a big schnaz ?👃🏻

8 minutes ago, Mellybelly said:

I can see big red flags waving over Ryan's head every time Clara opens her mouth.

I can see only partial red flags...his ears are blocking my view.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, VAMom said:

Let’s not let Luke off the hook 😏

Did anyone notice Chris constantly looking at someone ( I'm assuming Production). When he was having serious talks with Paige?  I thought it was distracting. 

Jake is growing on me, I think he’s got a nice dry sense of humor.  Haley seems to be really trying.  I’ll give her that.

When it's nothing specific, just a feeling, it just may be the effect of editing.  I think they have to have some mystery and so they are accentuating possible religious issues which I don't think are that serious. I don't think they are so far apart but they will make us think they are.  They haven't had any audio of Ryan saying he's highly religious so I suspect that he isn't although he has values that he grew up with and that he honors with his parents being pastors.  If they could they'd like to string together some audio with the mouth moving for something else but Ryan really hasn't said what people believe about his religiousness.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Me too.  Maybe it’s the overly blonde hair, plus she’s very showey and very talkative.  Maybe he likes a more subdued girl.  She is very nice tho.  Plus, the religion thing.  If he really liked her tho, he would overlook those things.

• Love 5

Nasty POS chris validated ALL my negative opinions about him when he replied to  Paige's question about whether he still had feelings for his 'ex-finacee' by stating it 'didn't matter' because he had made vows to Paige.  WHAT A COMPLETE PIECE OF SHIT HE IS!!!!!

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, but it was just him and Vincent (and the cameras) but not the whole group.  Now don't get me wrong, I think Chris is a POS but I was just pointing out the difference.  

I also think Vincent asked the question more seriously, while Virginia was laughing as she said it. Chris is awful but he could have been reacting to her giggly response to the news.

I loved the three normal couples cracking themselves up at their silly “Leave Virginia Alone” joke!

• Love 4

Managed to post my last too soon...

I see NO reason why Paige would say everyone was going to know about POSChris's baby so they might  as well talk about it. NO! It is NO ONE else's business!!! My doubts about Paige do NOT exonerate chris form being a complete Asshole/USER/disgusting piece of filth! I have noticed how he has picked up on every opportunity offered to slink out of responsibility.   I hate him and I am SO totally disappointed on paige for using her 'faith' as a reason to tolerate abuse and denigration by some thing that just happened to be born with a penis. They are both so offensive that I will NOT watch any more of their segments. I even prefer Virginia/Erik to them...and that is going some.

• Love 1

I get OK vibes from Brianna and Vincent and Clara and Ryan. I don't think many people are going to be 100% compatible on all things so there are always things to work out. I thought I wouldn't like Clara at first but I do now; she is talkative but some people just have that personality. I did like Erik at first but his comment that women and men could not be friends was a huge turnoff and I don't know if I could get beyond that. I also didn't think there was anything wrong with Virginia talking about how life would be with him gone a lot. It is hard to deal with-my husband was in law enforcement and worked extra jobs and was never home when my son was little. I thought it would be fine but I struggled with it especially since my family was in another state. It is not for everyone. I do feel for Paige and hope she can see the light and get out of this situation. Not only the baby, but the fact that Chris is not attracted to her and clearly isn't over the fiancee.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

To me Jacob seems very immature, at least around women. Perhaps he hasn't dated much, I can't remember. To me he comes off like a teenage boy trying to impress a girl with his schtick. He keeps talking about how much he works out and what he eats, I think because he thinks she should be going ga-ga over his buff body. He seems like a decent guy, but I'm not sure there is really much depth to him.

Agree with this. I get the vibe that he doesn't date much.  He's that guy in the group of couples that's always single. And he NEVER asks Haley about herself or reciprocates her questions.  He only talks about himself, and he's REALLY boring.  I feel sorry for Haley, who seems fairly normal if not too bright.

• Love 3

After this show, I am done with Paige if she doesn't leave. He tells her that regardless of how he might feel about his ex, he made a vow to her and he is keeping it. So, that is supposed to make Paige feel better? That he is stuck with her? And now he is telling her that he is attracted to her - liar! She needs some real help and counseling and that's enough with God is making this happen. I don't care what he wants. Fake man, fake tears, REAL jerk!

I was totally shocked to learn that Erik and Virginia have not had sex yet. The way she is all over him, I really thought it would have happened before now. But, she is starting to see that he has definite rules and expectations for their life together. Nothing too unreasonable, but I wouldn't want anyone telling me who I can be friends with. They were both looking awful in the pool - desperately in need of sunscreen and why couldn't they have changed the camera angle so that Virginia wasn't constantly looking into the sun and squinting?

I still like Ryan and still am not too sure about Clara. She talks too much and I am just not a fan. And she makes weird faces.

Briana and Vincent are lovely and I am glad they found each other.

Jake and Haley definitely looked more comfortable and she even initiated a kiss, which was surprising. They still have zero chemistry, but I hope they have some fun while they are on their honeymoon and before they head back to life. The fact that she is Face timing her friends all the time on their honeymoon speaks volumes. They are in the "interview" stage where they ask each other stupid questions and then never take the discussions any further. After he shared that info about the pink thong (yikes!), she could have said something crazy she had done. Or, he could have asked. Neither happened. 

• Love 8

I don't know if I am among the many or the few, but I really like Carla and Ryan together....Brianna and Vincent are, I believe, this season's runaway couple and most likely to last forever and show up on Couple's Cam, but I hope Carla and Ryan are right there with them. In a weird sort of way, I like Virginia and Erik...I have no clue why, except that I can see a bit of the 'too much party, too little real life" in her that I saw in myself...hope her first time around is better than mine...too much at home restrictive adolescence leads to too much college partying!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Of course, Chris shouldn't have brought it up to the group in the first place, but I still don't like drunk Virginia and I don't think she should have asked whether the baby was his.  None of her business.  I just don't like looking at her drunk face with bad skin. 

She and Chris are my least favorite people to watch, Chris being #1 of course, followed by Jacob and Erik.    

I get a "the younger, the better" vibe from Erik, which is kind of creepy.

Yes, she gives me very dirty sheets vibes. Just always looks kinda dirty. 

• Love 6

Welcome to Applebee's...I am Jake your server....

What can I bring you folks to drink while you study the menu....waters all around.....

Here you go now.... what would you like for dinner?....

What would I suggest?

The steak and eggs....

8 ounces or 6 ounces of top sirloin?

How would you like your eggs?

Sunny side, over easy, poached, scrambled, egg whites....

2 sunny side and 2 scrambled dry...comes with toast..yes we have gluten free...

Very good..be right back with your meals....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Does Paige ever change the tone of her voice? That soft whisper is driving me crazy!

The words she chooses feel a little off too ... like someone who has read too many romance novels maybe? When she was talking to his parents (paraphrasing a bit here): "I would never give myself to a man ..." seemed a bit odd. I have never heard anyone talk that way, it really struck me, not necessarily negatively, but as though perhaps I reside on a nearby planet to her. 

Vincent's face when Chris told him was a thing of beauty, instant quality GIF for ever and ever.

I also think Clara likes him and vice versa. They do have a lot in common, but they are miles apart with no compromise in sight on things that really matter. His face when they were talking about raising kids is a big red flag. He is being polite, but I think he's actually very religious, and she is not. The convo about raising kids in church is a huge deal. I don't think he wanted to go there on camera but that is not going to go away. These are the types of things those asshole experts should be paying attention to because it could be a deal breaker. It would be for me. I guess we'll see just how important it is for Ryan to be on the same page with his wife, or if he's fine with her accepting his faith but not participating in it with him.

Honestly, I feel like it's sort of putting the cart before the horse, discussing child-rearing before you're not even sure about the person. If you decide this isn't the person for you, who cares about how you will raise the children you will never have? Sure, they agree they want their kids to be self-assured, moral people — that's a great start! The gap between envisioning what it is like to have a child and discussing it theoretically, contrasted with the actual reality of having said child, say, throwing a fit before church every week and then being faced with wondering how your forcing will affect their perspective on organized religion ... well it's enormous. Kudos to Clara for saying she's fine with them just being true to themselves.

I do think it was more than fair of Clara to say, I have to feel like this is my house. Good on her; also I love how she said if she was Paige she would have been on the next flight home.

Of course, Chris shouldn't have brought it up to the group in the first place, but I still don't like drunk Virginia and I don't think she should have asked whether the baby was his.  None of her business.

It's a real race to the bottom this season, huh? I can't believe I'm siding the girl who reminds me of the super-drunk girl from 16 Candles, but here we are. People who act like enormous tools deserve all the bad karma heaped on them. I don't think Chris could recognize the truth if it sat next to him and introduced itself. 

And Vincent actually asked the same question, yet Chris didn't get all bent out of shape and call him disrespectful. 

It's a reasonable question; her delivery left a bit to be desired but it was clear they were utterly trashed. (I would have had trouble keeping a straight face, sober or no.) The whole evening was a 3-act play that I think actually occurred somewhat organically, ie., with minimal producer intervention: 1. The Bomb Drops 2. Chris Freaks Out 3. Virginia and Erik show up, ask what's going on, and the entire drama plays out anew.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:Welcome to Applebee's...I am Jake your server....

What can I bring you folks to drink while you study the menu....waters all around.....

Here you go now.... what would you like for dinner?....

What would I suggest?

The steak and eggs....

8 ounces or 6 ounces of top sirloin?

How would you like your eggs?

Sunny side, over easy, poached, scrambled, egg whites....

2 sunny side and 2 scrambled dry...comes with toast..yes we have gluten free...

Very good..be right back with your meals....

Lolol I can see Virginia at Applebee’s for the 99 cent appletini nights!

• LOL 4

17 hours ago, Bees52 said:

I kind of agree with you, there. I've disliked Chris since they showed him bringing his fancy Nick Cannon-style shoes to the tuxedo shop to find a suit to match them. There was no real reason for me to feel that way, I just did. It has only gotten worse the more I watch from the reveal that he'd been engaged recently, to his reaction to Paige as she came down the aisle, to all what has gone on between them since the ceremony.  It's got to be the way he's been portrayed... maybe. He has definitely got the pile on of ire and criticism from fans. Much like Karen did last season, who now seems to be happily married to Miles. There's always at least one newlywed per season, that so many of us can't stand.

I agree Karen got a bad edit starting with her pre-wedding breakdown about "accidentally" figuring out who she was marrying beforehand.  But they did show other positive sides of her personality.   They've shown nothing positive about Chris.   I think he is as awful as is being portrayed.   Karen wasn't attracted to Miles initially either.  But she didn't sleep with him until she did feel the attraction.  And I don't think she ever implied that she thought Miles was ugly, just not her type.  

Paige is handling all of this fairly well all things considered.   She is pretty good at explaining and expressing her feelings.   And I think she "gets" who Chris is (an immature and insecure boy).   She's not naive thinking he's some great catch.  Not sure if she's sticking out because she thinks she can fix him, or because she's contractually obligated and trying to make the best of it.   

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I am sick to my stomach at Dr. Pepper on last week's "Unfiltered" defending herself and the "experts" for picking him (Chris) because of all the "dozens of interviews" they did with him and how nothing bad came up.  Come ON, I could see this bastard a MILE away, don't tell me she didn't either.  She is just covering up for the fact that the producers pick the losers for "entertainment" value.  Meanwhile poor Paige is devastated and admits it has done more damage to her than she even thought it would.  She should sue their asses off, really.

It was cringing to see just how much Dr. Pepper was cringing!  She knew she didn't have a prayer of convincing viewers that 'Chris was properly vetted' by the "experts."  (I can only conclude that when production chose the Expert for this week's Unfiltered, Dr. P. drew the short straw.)🙄

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I was totally shocked to learn that Erik and Virginia have not had sex yet. The way she is all over him, I really thought it would have happened before now. But, she is starting to see that he has definite rules and expectations for their life together. Nothing too unreasonable, but I wouldn't want anyone telling me who I can be friends with. They were both looking awful in the pool - desperately in need of sunscreen and why couldn't they have changed the camera angle so that Virginia wasn't constantly looking into the sun and squinting?

I feel like they may have but are just lying about it. Or keeping it a secret. The way that they walked down late and how they were all over each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Poor Paige. She should  be able to get an  annulment. 

22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

<snip> It’s only been three days, the experts are usually wrong, God wouldn’t want you in a shitshow of a marriage, get an annulment! 

21 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

<snip> Chris doesn’t owe her an apology, he owes her an annulment and crickets from Pastor Cal? 
<snip>

5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

<snip> I would have to think this is grounds for annulment but who knows. <snip>

State of Georgia:

On what grounds can I receive an annulment?

You may receive an annulment if . . .

You and your spouse are related as follows: parent/child, stepchild; grandparent/grandchild; aunt/nephew; uncle/niece.

You did not have the mental capacity to enter into a contract.

You were under the age of 16 when you entered into your marriage.

You were forced to enter into the marriage.

You were fraudulently induced to enter into the marriage.

Your spouse was married to another living spouse at the time you entered into the marriage.

May I be granted an annulment if I have only been married a short time?

No. The fact that you and your spouse have only been married a short time is not a proper ground for an annulment. If you do not satisfy one of the conditions listed above, then you must file a petition for divorce to dissolve your marriage.

https://www.fultoncourt.org/family/family-annulment.php

Paige and Chris do not qualify to be granted an annulment under Georgia law.

Edited by TwirlyGirly

Regarding Chris and Paige:

I feel the experts* failed at their task by not asking Chris what I believe would be logical questions once he revealed he had been previously engaged:

1. When did your engagement end?

2. Have you had any contact with your ex since you broke off the engagement?

3. If so, what type of contact was that? Email? Phone? Text? In person?

4. How frequent was that contact?

5. If the contact was in person, was any of it of a sexual nature?

6. When was the last time you were in contact with your ex?

And then, regardless of his answers, they should have hunted down his ex and asked HER the same questions.

* I say "the experts" but I've always wondered how much of the interviewing they actually do themselves. I actually think they have little contact with the applicants, and are simply given their applications, test scores, and photos once the producers and their people have narrowed down the field to about 20 people.

Then they make their selection based on that information, plus whatever Dr. Pepper discovers by rifling through each of the finalist's closets and undies drawers...

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ryan seems more disturbed about the fact that Clara is a slob than the fact that she's not religious.

I don't think that religion is such a big issue even though his parents are pastors. I do agree with you though that her being a slob is a lot more of a day-to-day issue for Ryan who tends to be pretty rigid and very organized.Those differences make a difference every day and how you live and how much you feel stress by your partner.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

You are given Paige way to much credit to think she won't be sticking this out the whole time.

And having sex with him all throughout. 

7 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Can she get a Plan B too? She doesn’t need another Little Chris

The world doesn’t need a Chris III.

5 hours ago, VAMom said:

I noticed that every time he told Paige something complimentary in that dinner conversation he glanced to the side. A lot of times that’s a sign of someone telling a lie. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Just to post something positive.

One thing I like about Vincent:

• The way he looked Briana right in the eye when he said mushy stuff like, "I thought last night was magic" and "We're a match made in heaven."   It really seems like he means what he says. *Fingers crossed* it stays that way!
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

State of Georgia:

You and your spouse are related as follows: parent/child, stepchild; grandparent/grandchild; aunt/nephew; uncle/niece.

Your spouse was married to another living spouse at the time you entered into the marriage.

No. The fact that you and your spouse have only been married a short time is not a proper ground for an annulment. If you do not satisfy one of the conditions listed above, then you must file a petition for divorce to dissolve your marriage.

How about the law of the jungle?

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, HZAnita said:

Just to post something positive.

One thing I like about Vincent:

• The way he looked Briana right in the eye when he said mushy stuff like, "I thought last night was magic" and "We're a match made in heaven."   It really seems like he means what he says. *Fingers crossed* it stays that way!

I’ve been lied to while being looked at right. In. The. Eyes.

UO, I’m not calling him a liar but I feel like Vincent was laying it on a bit thick there. 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

State of Georgia:

Paige should be granted one on the "mental capacity" grounds. Chris's mental capacity! 🤪

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 2/10/2021 at 6:35 PM, Crashcourse said:

It's fine to be a goofball, but it doesn't work if your partner doesn't get your goofiness.  I would be like Haley, so I'd spend my time staring at him and wondering what the hell I got into. 

I think you have to go into this with a very open mind not opinions.

• Love 2
On 2/10/2021 at 8:50 PM, Silver Bells said:

I agree and she probably doesn’t even remember.  Plus, I can’t see her sitting home the days he’s away.  She wants a good time and booze.

YES plus they are all over each other.

On 2/10/2021 at 9:59 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

So when you get a positive pregnancy test around the time you miss your period, you're already 4 weeks pregnant.  (Don't blame me, I didn't decide how they count).  So if she's 6 weeks along, she got pregnant 4 weeks prior, as ovulation happens mid-cycle.  So he was not last intimate with her 6 weeks ago, it was 4, if it's his.  If it really has been 6 weeks since he had sex with ex, then that baby isn't his. 

There are tests now can detect pregnancy at 8 days!

• Useful 2

I can’t even with Chris. He’s so beyond fake. He’s a former pastor who is out there impregnating girlfriends and then auditioning to be on a show to be married at first sight??? He’s full of crap. All this “God” talk is ridiculous. It’s such a crutch and if God was so important to this “pastor” why was he having sex outside of marriage??? I want to root for Paige but I can’t at this point. She should have instantly fled! Did this dude literally tell her he wants to get her pregnant at the table and give her babies??? Calm down...you have one on the way! Chill! He’s a disgrace of a man and I don’t have sympathy for Paige if she stays with him and falls for his crap. 

• Love 18
13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

He has a nice body and I'm sure he's proud of it, but I think Jacob comes off as too manly for Haley, with his steak & eggs diet, kettlebells, onion joke schtick.  Contrast that with Ryan, who also works out, but I don't get the sense that he's 'roided up or going out of his way to act so masculine.

I think he’s one truly bizarre human being. I’ve never seen someone so socially awkward and I feel bad for Haley. He’s legit weird. 

• Love 5

Paige seems like a nice woman but damn, that girl needs to wise up.  Hey Paige, perk up your ears.  God has nothing to do with a show that makes a mockery of marriage.  You had 11 seasons of this show to reflect on - own your mistake and bail.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, JAndy said:

I feel like they may have but are just lying about it. Or keeping it a secret. The way that they walked down late and how they were all over each other. 

They both are probably drunk by night time and don’t remember having sex.  Seems she drinks from morning till night.  Looks like he’s starting up too.

• Love 4