Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Last Night Was Magic

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Wow, I just caught the tail end of Unfiltered and Paige looks exhausted.       

I don't mind her matronly look, I'm just glad she covered up her thighs and lady parts. 

Yeah, she may look prim and matronly, but better than those horrible extensions and the dress all the way up her thighs. Too bad Paige thinks she needs to show all her wares in that awful red ill-fitting almost-dress.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So Chris got some girl pregnant.  Now get him off the show.  Nobody cares.  Paige has to leave too.  She’s walking around like a zombie.  It’s only three days.  She doesn’t even know him.  Leave God out of it too.  Enough.

• Love 19

So now I'm wondering if there actually is a damn baby at all. Just thinking about some things others have said. If Chris and Ex supposedly conceived about 4-ish weeks ago around the time of the father's funeral (the date would be fairly easy to find if someone were so inclined), then he was clearly already in the process of signing up for the show. How do we know the baby wasn't an invention by the ex to get Chris back or get back at him for marrying someone else? 

Or the baby was an invention by the both of them (or just him) to try and get Chris out of this marriage to a woman he is adamantly not attracted to. Maybe he was trying to get revenge on the ex and agreed to do the show but then got Paige instead of the supermodel he felt like he deserved and much like his Subway venture he wants to just bail.

Something just ain't clean in the milk here. 

ETA: I forgot Vincent even asked why he was finding out right after he got married. And Chris said that he'd called the ex to tell her he was married? Why would he  do that on his freaking honeymoon? Who does that if you're not trying to antagonize someone?

Edited by Soup333
thinking too much about this stupid show! lol
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

So when you get a positive pregnancy test around the time you miss your period, you're already 4 weeks pregnant.  (Don't blame me, I didn't decide how they count).  So if she's 6 weeks along, she got pregnant 4 weeks prior, as ovulation happens mid-cycle.  So he was not last intimate with her 6 weeks ago, it was 4, if it's his.  If it really has been 6 weeks since he had sex with ex, then that baby isn't his. 

I was thinking the same thing.  He came on here for exposure.  I have no idea why.  His personality sucks.  He’s not actor material.  Maybe he wants to be a model.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I’m glad Virginia asked the question everyone was thinking.  I was surprised the others thought it was Chris’ at all bc he always said “my ex is pregnant” not “my ex is pregnant with my baby”.  Based on what he said it would be normal to assume he was upset bc she had moved on, not bc it was his.  Also noticed he was fine telling Vincent, but had to make a noise machine with mics off to tell Paige. Makes you wonder what kind of lies he was spinning to her.  And in the group when Paige said that they were going to keep trying, God’s will, blah blah blah Chris leaned as far away as possible from Paige and ducked down to cover his laughing at her.  Chris is seriously messed up.  He is likely love bombing her in private and then with others acting like it’s over.  This is abusive to Paige and the show needs to stop it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

So Chris received devastating and surprising news that having sex without protection/birth control has led to a pregnancy?  Is he also devastated and surprised that if you don't water your plants they die?  I don't understand how he has developed his world view that he is the mostest handsome and successful person to ever grace our t.v.s and that everyone should drop what they are doing to support him through the consequences of the very decisions that he has made.  I laughed a bit at the tantrum he threw because everyone was being supportive of Paige and not of him.  Well, yeah, you made some horrible decisions that have consequences and are subjecting your new wife to them.  Love Virginia's question and I was wondering the same thing.  And no, you don't get to share this kind of news and then demand that everyone not talk about it.  I did think the rest of the group tried to move the conversation on in order to be considerate of Chris and Paige, but he obviously wanted to be the focus of their attention.  And, as much as this is a horrible situation for Paige, just wait until she finds out everything else is a lie (no, he's not financially wealthy).  It was very telling when both Chris and Paige mentioned things that "trigger" him (multiple references throughout the show).  The reality is that Chris creates his own drama and crises and then gets "triggered" by those same actions which then justifies his having a tantrum which just creates more drama and crises.

• Love 17

Wait for it....Paige will come to her senses momentarily and start skipping happily down the street that she found out what a load of shit Chris is within 3 days of her marriage.

Then she will be taken to a clinic by production for a full panel of STD tests....

Paige will be glad she has a jump start on the clock to divorce the POS' sorry ass on MAFS' dime....she could be rubbing in her fresh divorce to any of the miserables  just starting the paperwork on the Reunion show.....

I suggest bring her in like Cleopatra reclining on a pillowed platform carried by 6 muscled men into the Reunion studio....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Paige keeps making excuses for Chris via “ God “, however I think she’s missing that God is giving her all of these red flags very early on so she makes a quick decision to leave him and to not waste any time or energy on this trash . 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21

Of course, Chris shouldn't have brought it up to the group in the first place, but I still don't like drunk Virginia and I don't think she should have asked whether the baby was his.  None of her business.  I just don't like looking at her drunk face with bad skin. 

She and Chris are my least favorite people to watch, Chris being #1 of course, followed by Jacob and Erik.    

I get a "the younger, the better" vibe from Erik, which is kind of creepy.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Wait for it....Paige will come to her senses momentarily and start skipping happily down the street that she found out what a load of shit Chris is within 3 days of her marriage.

Then she will be taken to a clinic by production for a full panel of STD tests....

Paige will be glad she has a jump start on the clock to divorce the POS' sorry ass on MAFS' dime....she could be rubbing in her fresh divorce to any of the miserables  just starting the paperwork on the Reunion show.....

I suggest bring her in like Cleopatra reclining on a pillowed platform carried by 6 muscled men into the Reunion studio....

You are given Paige way to much credit to think she won't be sticking this out the whole time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Your completed packet will be reviewed by a panel of “experts” and if accepted you will receive your refund of a Subway coupon good for a foot long your choice (tuna temporarily unavailable).

I'm dying! 🤣🤣. Bravo!👏👏

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

You are given Paige way to much credit to think she won't be sticking this out the whole time.

We were teased that she was"packing up"...but you are right...

To paraphrase Michael in The Godfather Part 3...Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In...

Paige will be guilted by production and maybe even, um.... God to stay on the show....

• Love 4

I'm struggling to put this into words, but I'm gonna try.  Eric seems to have had issues in the past where his ladies don't like him being gone so much.  His relationships fizzle and wither apparently because he can't be there to give the necessary attention to the relationship.  So, Eric has found the perfect solution, to get the show to find him someone to marry without knowing anything about this particular issue (or anything else for that matter).  It does seem like a good answer to that problem, even if it does feel a bit like "entrapment".  It could work.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I may not have love it when I was younger but I'm an old lady now and having a man that is away working 3 days a week and then home with me for many days after that sounds like heaven. It sounds to me like VA doesn't want a man breathing down her neck every minute of the day so what's her problem? 

Absolutely right, I’ve always felt that I might still be married if I could have had some time to myself.

And as for Haley’s lack of personality, my personal opinion is that (a) she would probably have some very appealing traits had she been matched with someone she saw an actual future with, and (b) she’s probably preoccupied most of the time trying not to roll her eyes at his quirks (his humor isn’t for everyone), and figuring out how to endure until DD with grace and bow out while leaving Jake with his dignity intact.

Haley is a lot nicer than I am. If that shoe was on MY foot I wouldn’t be able to contain my disappointment. That being said, Jake does seem to be a genuinely good person with some great qualities and I hope she will let him down easy

• Love 8
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I agree! Jake was cracking wise when he mentioned kissing Haley afterwards! She took it seriously. 

I wonder if Haley even suspects that Jake might be disappointed in her inability to "get" him.

I wish Jake would stop being a "character" and just talk to her on a person to person level.  Surely he can tell by now she's not "getting" his 80's obsession and dry humor.  (If he can't, then that's probably insurmountable in itself).  But if he's capable of telling, why not just talk to her about something else or ask her a question?  The fact that he doesn't makes me lump him in the same category as Henry from the NOLA season -- probably a likeable guy overall, but impossible for him to relax and just be himself until way too far into this "social experiment" to make it worthwhile for the bride to stick around.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, eyelash said:

I wish Jake would stop being a "character" and just talk to her on a person to person level.  Surely he can tell by now she's not "getting" his 80's obsession and dry humor.  (If he can't, then that's probably insurmountable in itself).  But if he's capable of telling, why not just talk to her about something else or ask her a question?  The fact that he doesn't makes me lump him in the same category as Henry from the NOLA season -- probably a likeable guy overall, but impossible for him to relax and just be himself until way too far into this "social experiment" to make it worthwhile for the bride to stick around.

I agree with this, except for the part about Henry.  I think he didn't want to engage in meaningful conversations with Christina because he flat out didn't like her from the beginning.  Jake, however, does seem to like Haley but he needs to realize that she's not "getting" his schtick.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

We, at MAFS acknowledge that you are unsatisfied with the content of the show and have requested a Refund.

Please fill out a 13 page(both sided) application and mail to our production offices in  Atlanta, GA.

Your completed packet will be reviewed by a panel of “experts” and if accepted you will receive your refund of a Subway coupon good for a foot long your choice (tuna temporarily unavailable).

Please accept our heartfelt apologies for casting:

1. Chris

2. Paige

3. Jacob

4. Haley

5. Virginia

6. Erik

7. Clara

8. Ryan

if you have a problem with Briana or Vincent then you must have problems with puppies and kittens, with fresh baked cookies out the oven, with the sound of cutting into the perfectly ripen and sun sweet watermelon...no refund for you.....

Is that coupon good at Chris's Subway?  Oops....never mind....😈

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HZAnita said:

And, sorry, but I LOVED Virginia and Erik jumping into that conversation!  When Virginia was like, "Is it yours?" I burst out laughing.  Chris thought that was disrespectful, but his own behavior hasn't been?  Ugh.  He deserves every angry tweet, pissed-off YouTube comment, and real-life shunning he gets.  The longer I watch him the uglier he gets.  I hate how he puts his chin down and looks at Paige through those snake-like, cold eyes with his half-closed eyelids like it's up to her to make their marriage work and support his crappy choices.  Chris feeling "neglected" because people were only supporting Paige! LMAO!  I'm sorry, but every time he has a fake "panic attack," I roll my eyes.  If this is how he treats his "Queen," I can not even imagine how he treats other women.  Like WTF, show??  

I didn't mind the way they jumped in either. I think it was a legitimate question to ask if it was his! Those two were coming from somewhere having a great time, because this is their honeymoon and they should be! They walked in an heard news that was just a mood killer. Were they a little over the top? Maybe. But Chris lost his rights to be offended by anything they say because he is a horrible human and did some shitty things. And this is only episode 3. 

• Love 21
14 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I think Clara likes Ryan a lot. But she's worried that Ryan will in the end reject her because he's never told the woman that he loves them. I think she's quite afraid of being overly vulnerable and then becoming hurt/devastated.  He's a real catch although a little bit rigid in his pre-married lifestyle. Seems like he's got a great job, a great body, nice face, elf ears but that will improve with some hair on the side.  I would've personally been horrified at his haircut but hair grows, and hopefully love grows.

I also think Clara likes him and vice versa. They do have a lot in common, but they are miles apart with no compromise in sight on things that really matter. His face when they were talking about raising kids is a big red flag. He is being polite, but I think he's actually very religious, and she is not. The convo about raising kids in church is a huge deal. I don't think he wanted to go there on camera but that is not going to go away. These are the types of things those asshole experts should be paying attention to because it could be a deal breaker. It would be for me. I guess we'll see just how important it is for Ryan to be on the same page with his wife, or if he's fine with her accepting his faith but not participating in it with him.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, spunky said:

Paige that voice in your head telling you to leave is God talking to you.  God would not ordain this hot mess. 

But she said the voice in her head telling her to go on MAFS was also God.  So confusing.  Maybe she should try thinking for herself; I don't think the results could be any worse, but of course she'd have only herself to blame.

12 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree - in Chris’s shoes, that’s the first question I’d ask. It might have been tacky of Virginia to ask since she doesn’t know him, but it’s a valid question. I’m sure they were all thinking it.

And Vincent actually asked the same question, yet Chris didn't get all bent out of shape and call him disrespectful. 

15 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I feel like Jacob is really trying to impress Hayley with eating the onion, his Star Wars kettlebells, and saying he'd want to drive a Delorean,

Maybe that's the problem.  What's impressive about eating an onion or having Star Wars kettlebells or wanting to drive a Delorean?  Now, actually driving a Delorean might be impressive because it means you're rich enough to buy one and keep it running, but everything else?  Not so much.  And the man eats only steak and eggs and is trying to branch out into vegetables, and eats an onion?  On his honeymoon with a stranger? 

Plus if he really loved the 80s as much as he says, he'd have a hairdo like George Clooney's on The Facts of Life.  Show some commitment, Jake. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Can she get a Plan B too? She doesn’t need another Little Chris

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

100% agree! I have no idea why Virginia wants to be married. She wants to continue to party, have her guy friends, drink all the time and go out as much as possible. In other words, she doesn't want to change a thing. She should be thrilled Erik is away working so much, then she can do her thing without him nagging at her. Erik is still pretending he is madly crazy about this immature party girl when all signals show they are complete opposites. And he's not that much older than her. 8 years is no big deal. They act like he's 20 years her senior. 

I said this before, but it's not the actual age difference, it's the maturity level. You are right - eight years aren't that big of a deal, but he's an old 34 and she's a young 26. It's more like 20 years in maturity.......

I am kind of fascinated by this pairing - it's so weird! We'll see if they can make it - maybe here it is opposites attracting?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, eyelash said:

I totally agree with this. To me Jacob seems very immature, at least around women. Perhaps he hasn't dated much, I can't remember. To me he comes off like a teenage boy trying to impress a girl with his schtick. He keeps talking about how much he works out and what he eats, I think because he thinks she should be going ga-ga over his buff body. He seems like a decent guy, but I'm not sure there is really much depth to him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And the man eats only steak and eggs and is trying to branch out into vegetables, and eats an onion?  On his honeymoon with a stranger? 

I'm pretty sure eating the onion was a joke in response to her kind of joking comment about eating fish and having bad breath. When he's not spouting off about 80's stuff I like him. He's got a quiet humor I like, but I'm pretty sure the woman he's married to does not.......

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And Vincent actually asked the same question, yet Chris didn't get all bent out of shape and call him disrespectful. 

Yes, but it was just him and Vincent (and the cameras) but not the whole group.  Now don't get me wrong, I think Chris is a POS but I was just pointing out the difference.  

And, I have to add, that was bro talk between him and Vincent.  Totally different.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 4

Interesting episode...

Paige and Chris

Calling this guy a narcissist is insulting... to normal narcissists. No matter what he does he makes himself out to be the victim. We find out his alleged ex-fiance is allegedly pregnant. I'm calling this alleged because I'm not positive anything he said is true. Its entirely possible he fabricated this story as a way to bail out of the marriage. The group becomes informed of his alleged deeds and naturally has little sympathy for him and much more for Paige. Yet he feels he's the victim of his ex and should be getting sympathy from the group. Why? Because you didn't pull out in time? Paige I have news for you this isn't God's plan. God gave you the gift of intelligence and discernment please use it. Hopefully she at least realizes she shouldn't sleep with him (least of all have sex). I would have to think this is grounds for annulment but who knows. How do they find these guys that are so obviously  creeps? Did they know he was allegedly engaged only two months prior? Paige should leave immediately if not sooner. I'm confident he is a bullshitter among his other numerous faults.

Virginia & Erik

Eric is becoming a bit creepy, ,maybe even more than a bit. At the very least a married at first sight marriage is an as is where is kind of thing as far as the mate they choose. It appears he has in mind what a great wife and marriage looks like. He has it all mapped out in his head how she and his marriage will go. Trust me it doesn't work that way. I question Virginia's motives for getting married to a stranger. Why? She isn't near ready to settle down. She probably doesn't think her drinking is a factor and she doesn't appear sloppy drunk but she never appears without a drink either. I imagine it would be hard for her to go without a drink a few days in a row because she is so accustomed to be intoxicated to some degree. I wonder is she doesn't indulge in other drugs at times. He is right IMO about jealousy. There is a normal jealousy if his wife appears to be openly flirting with other men and inviting there attention and possibly sending the wrong message. Then there is the abnormal jealousy that occurs just from saying hi to the mailman or striking up a conversation with someone and the man goes into a rage. Is he going to be able to handle being away from his wife 4 days at a time? Apparently neither of them know how to read a room. Obvious to anyone except them that Chris was shutting down. Its not really any of their business. Jake was the smartest guy in the room he kept his mouth shut. This couple is going to need counseling to have any hope which I have little. Why does someone always ask the other couples if they have had sex?

Briana & Vincent

Rock solid couple and delightful people. Kind, empathetic towards others and each other. Only advice I'd give Vincent is going easy on the promises of being the most devoted husband in the world. Marriage can bring conflict and hardship and its very easy to take out such on your lovely spouse.

Ryan & Clara

I suspect Clara had some awful experience with people who are seriously devoted to God. He needs to find out what happened and why it has left such a terrible impression upon her. He just needs to show love and understanding.

Haley & Jacob

I liked Jake a bit more in this episode. He showed a couple of new dimensions to himself. They actually looked pretty good as a couple. I suspect he's actually smarter than he lets on...still not sure if they're made for each other. Some marriages are born some are made.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I agree with this, except for the part about Henry.  I think he didn't want to engage in meaningful conversations with Christina because he flat out didn't like her from the beginning.  Jake, however, does seem to like Haley but he needs to realize that she's not "getting" his schtick.  

I don’t get this getting married no less without knowing a person.  You can’t judge a person after one week or a few months.  Everyone is putting their best foot forward.  After a good while, things come out in a person .. good and bad.  You may never know a person fully, then the kids come, then maybe a divorce.  Some couples made it, most didn’t.  Can you learn to love a person .. I don’t know.  I think you should only marry when you are madly in love and start with a foundation at least.  Marriage is hard, but if you marry with love to start, you have a good chance it will stick.  Hopefully.  Let’s ask Jamie O.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Exactly! Where are the experts? They should have been contacted immediately. I'm not sure I believe this pregnancy story. Chris is a drama queen that will do/say anything for attention. Does Paige ever change the tone of her voice? That soft whisper is driving me crazy!

Its almost like Lets make a deal and she got zonked really bad. Worse than four pigs in a pen. If not in person you'd think they'd be on the phone with a conference call. The previews didn't show much intervention either. They did show Chris now telling his wife he may still love his fiance. However I refuse to believe a word of what he says without verification.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t get this getting married no less without knowing a person.  You can’t judge a person after one week or a few months.  Everyone is putting their best foot forward.  After a good while, things come out in a person .. good and bad.  You may never know a person fully, then the kids come, then maybe a divorce.  Some couples made it, most didn’t.  Can you learn to love a person .. I don’t know.  I think you should only marry when you are madly in love and start with a foundation at least.  Marriage is hard, but if you marry with love to start, you have a good chance it will stick.  Hopefully.  Let’s ask Jamie O.

Some of the previous MAF couples didn't even put a best foot forward. They were assholes immediately. I still think as crazy as it sounds they should let the audience have some say so in who shouldn't be a candidate at all and who should go with whom.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I disagree with the bolded part, because I believe you can judge a person pretty quickly.  After all, people have said "nope" after the first date.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I just can't even begin to think of how many ways I hate Chris based solely on the things he did in this episode, but I'll try...

1. He wanted Production to tell Paige his ex is pregnant. They, for reasons of production drah-maah no doubt, but also because they are also probably decent human beings, say he has to do it.

2. As a result, he cries, because this means he has to put his Big Boy Pants on and take responsibility for telling her.

3. Then he acts like a 14-year-old girl whose Facebook posts are designed to get the "U OK hun?" response when tells Paige there's 'devastating news' but he can't tell her what it is.

4. After that he again tries to get Production to tell her and when that fails, he will only do it off camera and without mics, so Paige's reaction can't be recorded.

5. When they talk about it and Paige is gracious enough to ask about his ex, Chris laughs when he said he'd told the ex he's married now -  because to him this is his Get Out Of Jail Free card where the ex is concerned, yuk-yuk-yuk.

6. Seeing Paige doesn't share the joke, he then has to backtrack quickly and says that he's only laughing so he doesn't break down. Effing liar.

7. He's only concerned about how this affects him. His "concern" for Paige is for the cameras.

8. As a 'Man of God', he thought it was appropriate and respectful to fuck a woman whose father had just died as a way of "paying his respects" to the deceased.

9. He seemed surprised that Vincent didn't high-five him and congratulate him on his horn-doggery when he told him.

10. When the couples met up, he got offended at the questions from the other couples, and then sulked when he was no longer the centre of attention.

11. Then he had a hissy fit because he saw how well the other couples were getting on and was pissed at the experts who he said had obviously listened to the guys' descriptions of the physical types they wanted while he'd ended up with Paige.

12. More fucking tears.

13. That voice.

14. His mouth looks like my cat's butthole. Shit comes out of both.

I'm sure there are many more reasons why he is the most hateful, despicable vile human being they've had on this show since S2 Ryan, but that's all I can think of for now.

That’s enough.  It was FABULOUS !!!!!!!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, HZAnita said:

Paige and Chris *sigh* Wars, natural disasters, pandemics, starving families, abused dolphins, and Paige believes that God is worried about MAFS and Chris's ridiculousness. Maybe that's true, but if you believe in good, you also should believe in evil, and Paige, you may be married to it.  I still have a TINY bit of sympathy for her, but it is very thin.  She had her chance to just walk away before she became too invested, but she chose not to do so.  Briana and Vincent are the most sensible people on this show right now.  They were both like, "Yeah.  She should bounce." 

And here I thought "grief sex" only happened on soap operas!  Who knew??? Did he say the woman is SIX WEEKS pregnant?  Does that not mean that he slept with her DURING this process?? 

And, sorry, but I LOVED Virginia and Erik jumping into that conversation!  When Virginia was like, "Is it yours?" I burst out laughing.  Chris thought that was disrespectful, but his own behavior hasn't been?  Ugh.  He deserves every angry tweet, pissed-off YouTube comment, and real-life shunning he gets.  The longer I watch him the uglier he gets.  I hate how he puts his chin down and looks at Paige through those snake-like, cold eyes with his half-closed eyelids like it's up to her to make their marriage work and support his crappy choices.  Chris feeling "neglected" because people were only supporting Paige! LMAO!  I'm sorry, but every time he has a fake "panic attack," I roll my eyes.  If this is how he treats his "Queen," I can not even imagine how he treats other women.  Like WTF, show??  

I demand a refund.  AND an apology.

P.S. - I know I could just not watch, but it's more fun to bit$% about it. lol  

His claim of course its his comes from his arrogance of assuming she wouldn't allow any other penis in her vagina. I don't assume a word of what Chris says is true without some independent verification. Not only possible its not his its possible she's not really pregnant. Its possible she doesn't even exist. Its incredible he actually thinks these people should feel sorry for his predicament. Like you should feel sorry for me because I robbed a bank, got caught and I'm going to jail. Sorry Chris the perp doesn't get sympathy.

• Love 11

Brincent are so cute together, and I love seeing how they've bonded. They are definitely the highlight of the season. They are going to have beautiful babies some day.

I'm still liking Clara and Ryan but they have a lot of differences to sort out. I enjoy that they both have strong opinions about things, I'm just hoping that they will align on the essentials.

Jacob is a weird dude. He really has a specific sense of humor and a quirky way of communicating. For the right person, he could be a catch, but I don't think that is Haley. I'm glad to see them trying, though.

Paige looked shell-shocked when she came out of the bathroom after her conversation with Chris. Paige, this is God's way of telling you that the relationship is doomed from the get-go. You  do not need to mix yourself up in Chris's drama when you don't even know him. I loved all the women being supportive of her. But you can tell they think she is cuckoo for sticking with Chris. Also, Chris is a fricking whiny baby. Run, Paige!

Erik and Virginia seem like a classic case of opposites attracting each other.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I'm pretty sure eating the onion was a joke in response to her kind of joking comment about eating fish and having bad breath. When he's not spouting off about 80's stuff I like him. He's got a quiet humor I like, but I'm pretty sure the woman he's married to does not.......

It seems to me that he is doing all the talking because she isn’t.  Maybe she should try to show a little interest instead of just answering him.  It won’t kill her to carry on a meaningful conversation.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Unpopular opinion: Paige is more frustrating than Chris. The show is doing Chris almost as dirty as they are doing Paige. Dude is an immature twenty-seven, is shallow, and they matched him with someone he wouldn't be attracted to. He is not ready to be married, they selected him anyway, and are exploiting him for entertainment. That said both Paige and Chris are old enough to know better. 

Chris told and showed Paige who he was. She should believe him. Maybe Paige's problem is that she wants a Chris-type dude when she'd be better off with some average looking accountant who is nominally Christian. As others have said, she needs to stop blaming MAFS shenanigans on God.

It's 4 days in real time for Paige.  She still believes that experts put them together for a good reason and she believes that God put them together for good reason so she's trying to make sense of some things she can't get out of anyway.  Clearly Paige does not fully believe but because she is contractually obligated to stay in the marriage she's going to try as much as she can to hold out. If not she's going to still have to allow them to film her. 

I think that her being three times in a row on the preshow suggest that she will stop interacting directly with Chris pretty soon.  I can't blame her for continuously thinking is this really happening to me?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I disagree with the bolded part, because I believe you can judge a person pretty quickly.  After all, people have said "nope" after the first date.

Exactly, the first date you know if you want to go forward, but this is Marriage, and you’re stuck with it whether you like him or not.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Chris said that he called his ex-girlfriend to tell her that he is married and that was when she told him she was pregnant.  I believe he called his ex to tell her that he got married and that he made a huge mistake; and then she told him she was pregnant.  Would that stupid Paige had the same tone in her voice when she speaks with Chris as she did when speaking to Virginia.

I can't fault Paige too heavily I believe her motives were pure and she has a strong conviction that marriage is a vow and a commitment. It is those things but its also supposed to be a two way commitment. You can't drag God into this mess I find it hard to believe God (of the bible anyway) would approve of MAFS. I understand Chris believes in God but that's only because he thinks he is God. Any woman on the planet would be honored to have his sperm in their womb (so he thinks). She doesn't need to see anymore. I hope they put the people who matched this couple on TV for an interview. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

He has a nice body and I'm sure he's proud of it, but I think Jacob comes off as too manly for Haley, with his steak & eggs diet, kettlebells, onion joke schtick.  Contrast that with Ryan, who also works out, but I don't get the sense that he's 'roided up or going out of his way to act so masculine.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Kinda hard to carry on a meaningful conversation with an onion eater. 😱

Which reminds me.  On our first date to a movie, we went to the diner for a bite.  My husband ordered, then told me flat out NOT to order egg salad as he hated the look of it on teeth.  I ordered a hamburger, and did not kiss him good night on purpose.  He was fresh and I was fresher.  I thanked him and shook his hand.  He cracked up and said that was a first.  He called me the next morning for another date.  We were both hooked. 🥰.  When you know, you know.  😬

• LOL 7
  • Love 7