Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Last Night Was Magic

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:

So clearly Erik and Virginia have had a lot to drink and have no idea what they’ve walked into.  Shut up!

Honestly I can't be too mad at them; it's day three of them being married and it's supposed to be a happy time. This whole pregnancy situation is a very unusual scenario to be in. Everybody's supposed to be on cloud nine🤷🏾‍♀️

Edited by Myrtle Urkele
  • Love 24

I think Ryan is great . He asks a lot of questions and keeps up conversation without babbling on , he’s very down to earth and is cute . Clara is talking the talk and keeps saying she likes him , but her facial expressions and body language tell a different story . 

I’m pretty sure Virginia is slowly turning Eric into an alcoholic . He reminds me a lot of David Norton . Anyone else agree ? 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think Ryan is great . He asks a lot of questions and keeps up conversation without babbling on , he’s very down to earth and is cute . Clara is talking the talk and keeps saying she likes him , but her facial expressions and body language tell a different story . 

I’m pretty sure Virginia is slowly turning Eric into an alcoholic . He reminds me a lot of David Norton . Anyone else agree ? 

I think Clara likes Ryan a lot. But she's worried that Ryan will in the end reject her because he's never told the woman that he loves them. I think she's quite afraid of being overly vulnerable and then becoming hurt/devastated.  He's a real catch although a little bit rigid in his pre-married lifestyle. Seems like he's got a great job, a great body, nice face, elf ears but that will improve with some hair on the side.  I would've personally been horrified at his haircut but hair grows, and hopefully love grows.

Edited by Kira53
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18

Can we talk about that giant vein so grotesquely displayed on Erik’s bald head? I’m really warming up to him but that hair “style” isn’t doing him any favors. And seriously, Erik and every other parent in the world, please please do not FORCE your children to go to the church of YOUR choice!! I was raised in a strict southern baptist church and forced to go twice every Sunday and on Wednesday night, revivals, VBS and basically every time the church doors were opened. I hated it and resent my parents for it to this day!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Can we talk about that giant vein so grotesquely displayed on Erik’s bald head? I’m really warming up to him but that hair “style” isn’t doing him any favors. And seriously, Erik and every other parent in the world, please please do not FORCE your children to go to the church of YOUR choice!! I was raised in a strict southern baptist church and forced to go twice every Sunday and on Wednesday night, revivals, VBS and basically every time the church doors were opened. I hated it and resent my parents for it to this day!!!

Who?  Eric has hair.  Vincent?  

• Love 6

Chris said that he called his ex-girlfriend to tell her that he is married and that was when she told him she was pregnant.  I believe he called his ex to tell her that he got married and that he made a huge mistake; and then she told him she was pregnant.  Would that stupid Paige had the same tone in her voice when she speaks with Chris as she did when speaking to Virginia.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

Oh, Paige...”God is writing my story.”  How about they matched you with s really crappy man!

Virginia is so cute, but the constant drinking and sun damage will make her look 15 years older in just five years.

Clara looks like Gwen Stefani, before she had a few cosmetic procedures. 

I’m on the fence about Haley and Jacob. So far, they appear to be happy.  

Vincent is so sweet & considerate. 

• Love 16
58 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Chris is the worst, upset because everyone is being supportive of Paige and not him. Classic narcissistic. So he’s going to be a drama queen and cry about it. Wonder what his Dad thinks about all this. 

I’m not watching this show to see Chris having meltdowns or Paige acting like she’s going to save him.  Get the .... out of here, both of them.  Dumb and Dumber !   

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I agree! Jake was cracking wise when he mentioned kissing Haley afterwards! She took it seriously. 

I wonder if Haley even suspects that Jake might be disappointed in her inability to "get" him.

The way she’s fake smiling, it’s looks like she’s going to the electric chair.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Will someone tell Paige that God is not the author of confusion and He did not ordain this foolery with Chris? Please and thank you.

unpopular opinion: I like Jacob. He is my second favorite guy after Champagne Vinny. Ryan is #3. I think Erik might be controlling and will try to change Virginia too much.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

Will someone tell Paige that God is not the author of confusion and He did not ordain this foolery with Chris? Please and thank you.

unpopular opinion: I like Jacob. He is my second favorite guy after Champagne Vinny. Ryan is #3. I think Erik might be controlling and will try to change Virginia too much.

Jake is my favorite.  He’s quirky and real.  I don’t see anything extra about her.  I think she thinks she’s better than him and riding it out.  Just my opinion.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:

So clearly Erik and Virginia have had a lot to drink and have no idea what they’ve walked into.  Shut up!

I think those two have been having a sex marathon!  They may say no but all that booze and giggling!!!!  C'mon!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think those two have been having a sex marathon!  They may say no but all that booze and giggling!!!!  C'mon!

I agree and she probably doesn’t even remember.  Plus, I can’t see her sitting home the days he’s away.  She wants a good time and booze.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, answerphone said:

Oh, Paige...”God is writing my story.”

No. I believe that God knows our story, but we have free will.  Leave, Paige, it's ok!

Edited by Kimboweena
Like this wording better.
  • Love 11

Am I the only one who feels like Virginia had a legit question about the paternity of this baby? Even if she was drunk when she asked. Lol

I’m feeling less and less sorry for Paige as this goes on. 

Vincent and Briana are so cute. I’m actually liking Virginia and Erik a little. I don’t know if they’ll make it long term though. I hope Ryan and Clara make it although they have a lot to work through with their different views on religion. I’m also warming up to Jacob but maybe because I grew up in the 80’s so I wouldn’t be turned off by his nerdy fascination unless he made it his entire personality. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Unpopular opinion: Paige is more frustrating than Chris. The show is doing Chris almost as dirty as they are doing Paige. Dude is an immature twenty-seven, is shallow, and they matched him with someone he wouldn't be attracted to. He is not ready to be married, they selected him anyway, and are exploiting him for entertainment. That said both Paige and Chris are old enough to know better. 

Chris told and showed Paige who he was. She should believe him. Maybe Paige's problem is that she wants a Chris-type dude when she'd be better off with some average looking accountant who is nominally Christian. As others have said, she needs to stop blaming MAFS shenanigans on God.

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Useful 4
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I will bet Chris knew about this pregnancy pre wedding. He’s doing this show for promoting himself and wanting to be famous. 

If he wants to be famous he's chosen a third rate way of making it happen.  If he wants to promote himself - words fail me 😄 

2 hours ago, spunky said:

I really need Chris to keep God out of this mess. He's literally using Paige's faith to manipulate her. Pastor Cal needs to anoint this fool the next time he sees him. He wasn't a fan of Chris anyway. 

God says sex is for people who are married.  Paige says sex is for those who know her middle name - and then she can't even hold out for that standard.  Paige isn't an asshole like Chris, but she needs to study her Bible as much as he does.

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Haha I think horniness is the third side of the booze and giggling triangle - I bet they did it this night 😄 

12 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Unpopular opinion: Paige is more frustrating than Chris. The show is doing Chris almost as dirty as they are doing Paige. Dude is an immature twenty-seven, is shallow, and they matched him with someone he wouldn't be attracted to. He is not ready to be married, they selected him anyway, and are exploiting him for entertainment. That said both Paige and Chris are old enough to know better.

Chris told and showed Paige who he was. She should believe him. Hopefully, she recognizes sooner rather than later that she's telling folks that God has terrible, horrible, no good, very bad matchmaking skills. Maybe Paige's problem is that she wants a Chris when she'd be better off with some average looking accountant who is nominally Christian and doesn't blame God for his terrible choices.

I realized tonight that Chris' typical facial expression reminds me of my former 7th/8th grade students - specifically when they had just gotten in trouble and were sulking about it.  "Extensive psychological testing" should be able to suss that out if I can tell by looking 😄 

And IMO Chris is the nominal Christian.  Paige might be fine with an actual Christian accountant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

So when you get a positive pregnancy test around the time you miss your period, you're already 4 weeks pregnant.  (Don't blame me, I didn't decide how they count).  So if she's 6 weeks along, she got pregnant 4 weeks prior, as ovulation happens mid-cycle.  So he was not last intimate with her 6 weeks ago, it was 4, if it's his.  If it really has been 6 weeks since he had sex with ex, then that baby isn't his. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Unpopular opinion: The show is doing Chris almost as dirty as they are doing Paige. Dude is an immature twenty-seven, is shallow, and they matched him with someone he wouldn't be attracted to. He is not ready to be married, they selected him anyway, and are exploiting him for entertainment. That said both Paige and Chris are old enough to know better.

Chris told and showed Paige who he was. She should believe him. Hopefully, she recognizes sooner rather than later that she's telling folks that God has terrible, horrible, no good, very bad matchmaking skills. Maybe Paige's problem is that she wants a Chris when she'd be better off with some average looking accountant.

I kind of agree with you, there. I've disliked Chris since they showed him bringing his fancy Nick Cannon-style shoes to the tuxedo shop to find a suit to match them. There was no real reason for me to feel that way, I just did. It has only gotten worse the more I watch from the reveal that he'd been engaged recently, to his reaction to Paige as she came down the aisle, to all what has gone on between them since the ceremony.  It's got to be the way he's been portrayed... maybe. He has definitely got the pile on of ire and criticism from fans. Much like Karen did last season, who now seems to be happily married to Miles. There's always at least one newlywed per season, that so many of us can't stand.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Haley has to chill. Let go and go with the flow.  If anything, she should banter back with him .  I thought she would fall on the floor when he ate the onion.  She’s there, so try and have a good time.  She looks soooo uncomfortable.

I keep thinking she’s coming around and then she shoots a look after Jake tells group they’re good.  I don’t think she likes him very much.  Hope it changes. Did not like the onion test at all. He’s sort of eighties robo. 

3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

They haven't shown much of Haley and Jacob. 

Ok now they're showing them.

I’d actually like to see more of them. Producers so tricky in their scene selections.  

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Can't stand watching VA because she reacts instead of responding. Trying to talk with people like that is just annoying.

Nice observation.  I think she’s really insecure.  Constant drinking and hyper behavior, she avoids thinking and feeling. 

3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I agree! Jake was cracking wise when he mentioned kissing Haley afterwards! She took it seriously. 

I wonder if Haley even suspects that Jake might be disappointed in her inability to "get" him.

I don’t think he sees that.  Seems she’s trying to chill and he’s sure not picking up her somewhat disdainful vibe.  I didn’t like the testing remark.  

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Chris is the worst, upset because everyone is being supportive of Paige and not him. Classic narcissistic. So he’s going to be a drama queen and cry about it. Wonder what his Dad thinks about all this. 

Narcissistic is perfect.  And then he leaves Paige by herself in the group get together?  OMG!  He still doesn’t get it. 

Obviously one of production crew stopped action to ask Paige to get  dressed again on Filter. She was clearly uncomfortable.  Her wardrobe for the show was a huge improvement.  Good taste and elegant IMO.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Jake - I’m in his corner tonight I heard first conversation between them. Maybe too little to judge yet.  

Eric typical  popular guy who got the popular girl.  But some hanky panky maybe?  Why he’s so adamant about sexual attraction?  Who knows?  He might be good for her.  She’s headed down a challenging path.  

I love Clara and Ryan. I see tolerance, good conversations, questions, and attraction.  Her lack of “tidyness” and disorganization may be a deal breaker.  

• Love 5

Oh, Show.  Casting Chris should send you to TV jail. Did you find Erik by dialing 1-800-CONTROLFREAK? He’s the captain, alright. I can see them coasting on DDay, but no way that works long term.

The other three couples have real potential. Sure, Jake’s eccentric but decent and perhaps loving and kind. Ryan and Clara may both be mature enough to make it work (Clara?) and I’m waiting to see what producer drama they dream up for Vincent and Briana, who seem like Woody and Amani, which is a treat.

• Love 7

Here's my theory about Chris:  I think he might have already known his ex-fiance was pregnant before he went on the show but thought he would hide it if he liked the person he married.  He may have been desperate to find a way to marry himself off to someone else in order to avoid being pressured by family and friends into marrying the pregnant ex-fiance when they found out about it.   It might explain some of his totally messed up behavior on the show.  He didn't factor in how to handle it if he didn't like the woman he was matched with, and when he didn't he was in a quandary about how to sabotage it.  He didn't want to come right out and tell her the news about the pregnancy on TV so he only went so far by first sabotaging things by telling her he wasn't "attracted" to her, then telling her the "devastating news" thing, not thinking it through that this was never going to work or get him off the hook with this marriage.  What a completely messed up individual.  I am sick to my stomach at Dr. Pepper on last week's "Unfiltered" defending herself and the "experts" for picking him because of all the "dozens of interviews" they did with him and how nothing bad came up.  Come ON, I could see this bastard a MILE away, don't tell me she didn't either.  She is just covering up for the fact that the producers pick the losers for "entertainment" value.  Meanwhile poor Paige is devastated and admits it has done more damage to her than she even thought it would.  She should sue their asses off, really.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Is Chris auditioning for a acting role?  He’s always disappearing, having a panic attack or whatever. 

Maybe. He was certainly trying to sell something at the end of that episode. Viewing Chris and Paige's drama as a terribly written soap opera could be enjoyable. Maybe they are both playing the viewing audience. 

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

Am I the only one who feels like Virginia had a legit question about the paternity of this baby? Even if she was drunk when she asked. Lol

I’m feeling less and less sorry for Paige as this goes on. 

Yes, Virginia had a legit question. Chris mentioned that he and the ex didn't trust each other. He said he had other "friends" during their relationship. Maybe she had "friends" after they broke up. Chris told us his pull out game is strong. Has it even been confirmed that there is an actual kid on the way? 

• Love 11

Popping in to say...

Ryan is like MY guy. "He can go by 'rocket man'." How did Clara not laugh at that?  Very personally speaking, I'd not say "no" to the religion thing with kids & I'd not say "no" to Elton. It's a unique name & it seemed special to Ryan. I'd sooner say "no" to Vera for a girl. I agree dolphins shouldn't be held in captivity for human viewing pleasure.  Poor creatures😪

Warning signs for Erik & Virginia. He's stringent.  He's fathering her in a way.  Buuuut- maybe she will grow up a tad. I kind of grew in that way with my husband. He's not like Erik but he's always been the less naive one (shall I say?).

Poor Briana is like the emotional storage bin on her honeymoon. Between the grandmother heart attack & now *this* from Paige. But Paige is so deceived here. She's right! It's not adding up. Run, Paige! RUN!! Use those track running skills from high school & get going. I'll be mad if she doesn't.  Chris is dumb as HELL! I've said this before & it bears repeating. Good advice from Briana & her husband (forgot his name).  

Can Haley PLEASE please please develop a personality?!  Like any time would be good.  I don't care how awkward Jacob comes across- he at least exists.  He probably has more enthusiastic convos with the shower curtain than with Haley.  He needed a partner with an outgoing nature to at least engage him. Sometimes I feel like he is in on the joke with the way he is. I feel he's trying to have fun. 

ETA: Erik has my full attention now. I'm on board with him 100%. 

also just realizing we have a flight attendant AND a pilot on this season.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 16
7 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Can we talk about that giant vein so grotesquely displayed on Erik’s bald head?

Imma gonna keep an eye on that vein feeding towards Ryan's left eye as Clara's yammering nonsense starts to cause it to turn colors and bulge with increasing pressure...ready to burst....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Can Haley PLEASE please please develop a personality?!  Like any time would be good.  I don't care how awkward Jacob comes across- he at least exists. 

Haley is not tuned  into the dry wry humor that Jake dishes out...she cannot tell if he is serious or factitious... his monotone delivery is the same for both..and he waits for her snort exhalation that subs for her laugh with her mouth open like a carp gasping for air.

"Haley face" is like a frozen Botoxed half grin, half confused staring into the camera with a WTF why/what the hell is Jake droning on and on about....you know that face Kristen Wiig uses on SNL...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Chris told us his pull out game is strong. Has it even been confirmed that there is an actual kid on the way? 

Methinks the dramatic call was the results of the paternity test.

POS Chris knew there was a fetu$ but he was waiting to get confirmed that his failed pull out game was a William$...

*this is disingenuous, paternity cannot be determined until baby Christa or The4th is born....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Wow Chris is a literal infant. Y’all notice he could barely contain his SMILE when he was telling Paige and then the group? Then he stormed off when the group moved on, and he didn’t get all the attention he was seeking. A normal man in his situation would’ve been relieved that they moved on and changed the subject! But the narcissist was wanting to milk his moment just like he did and drew it out with Paige. The group wasn’t having any of it, so good for them for not indulging! Then he whines saying “looks like everyone else got the type of match they asked for”.  Oh fuck right off you piece of shit! How any woman on earth can allow him inside their body is beyond me! But that woman deserves whatever she gets from that monster cuz he red flags wave the moment he opens his trashy mouth  

Chris’s whole “this is too devastating to tell you, but don’t you wanna know”? -And then switching back to “oh no but I can’t tell you”! And when Paige walks off, Chris follows her, and continues to ask if she REALLY wants to know... yeah... FUCK that. I don’t play those games! Haven’t played that since I was 15 years old. I refuse to. I would have just said OK! And walked off. When he tried to bring it up again, I would’ve told him that’s OK it’s too devastating to talk about. You don’t feed into this level of childishness! Reverse psychology would be a complete mind fuck on this tool. And Paige is and idiot. Zero sympathy. Not sorry. 

It’s painfully clear that Erik has been cheated on in the past. Or he has seen it run rampant with his buddie’s wives. I’m not gonna fault him for his opinion, and I’m not gonna say that he’s right or wrong. I’m a little older than him and I will say that the only men and women I know in my group that are “true” friends were former lovers. And that wouldn’t sit well with me with my past history of being cheated on either. Y’all called it when y’all said Virginia was one of those girls who had mostly guy friends. Yeah, we all know the party girl type while the guys hold her doing keg stand. Virginia seems very immature for her age, and imho she seems of very minimal intelligence.

Everyone else is great to watch! They have their ups and downs and I enjoy the matches

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I think that Paige and Chris must have been told by the producers to “ suck it up” and you can get divorced at the end of the experiment and pulled out the iron clad contracts that they signed.  Meanwhile, I happen to like Jacob’s dry sense of humor and I appreciate that even though he might not be her style, she is really making an attempt to “ get him” and not sulking and bitching about how she didn’t get the man of her dreams. Meanwhile, I think the couple that willhave the most problems after the lust is gone is Virginia & Erik.He’s very controlling and has a stick up his ass and she’s a free spirit and an alcoholic.

If by "controlling" you mean "opposed to his wife getting drunk in bars doing shots with men he has never met, while he is required by his job to be gone from home." No man wants a lush for very long. 

Plus, he's  BT, DT, and wants not just to have a companion, but to be married and settled enough  to start a family. 

It is Virginia who should not be in this "experiment," not Erik. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Ryan. But point taken, because longer hair would not only be better looking in itself, but would also cover up some of Ryan's less attractive features (unless he gets a job with Keebler's). 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Paige’s distress is real...why is the field director more concerned about the POS Chris?

Why aren’t “the experts” on a video call with Paige helping her deal with the news...she is checked out...this is major bullshit....

Erik is taking the Billy Crystal stance that Men and Women can’t be friends backed up by the bad behavior amongst his married friends.

He needs to listen to VA’s Meg Ryan stance that she has plenty of drinking buddies guy friends and he needs to trust her.

Delivering ultimatums to a buzzed VA sitting in a tepid wading pool in hot Las Vegas will only lead to a useless drunken fight with her not remembering anything....

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree and she probably doesn’t even remember.  Plus, I can’t see her sitting home the days he’s away.  She wants a good time and booze.

There's a reason the term "Good Time Gal" ain't  no compliment. 🥃🍺🥃🍺🥃🍺

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

also just realizing we have a flight attendant AND a pilot on this season.

Good  morning, my name is Clara and with me is Heather in mid cabin and Brent in the back.

We will be flying to Dallas Love Field.

You may recognize me from Married at First Sight...on Lifetime...yes, a basic cable channel near the Hallmark Channels..

Y’all need to do me a big favor and keep my married status a secret off your Instagram because the show is currently airing.....

Yammer...yammer...yammer....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

If by "controlling" you mean "opposed to his wife getting drunk in bars doing shots with men he has never met, while he is required by his job to be gone from home." No man wants a lush for very long. 

Plus, he's  BT, DT, and wants not just to have a companion, but to be married and settled enough  to start a family. 

It is Virginia who should not be in this "experiment," not Erik

💯

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

It is Virginia who should not be in this "experiment," not Erik. 

100% agree! I have no idea why Virginia wants to be married. She wants to continue to party, have her guy friends, drink all the time and go out as much as possible. In other words, she doesn't want to change a thing. She should be thrilled Erik is away working so much, then she can do her thing without him nagging at her. Erik is still pretending he is madly crazy about this immature party girl when all signals show they are complete opposites. And he's not that much older than her. 8 years is no big deal. They act like he's 20 years her senior. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Why aren’t “the experts” on a video call with Paige helping her deal with the news...she is checked out...this is major bullshit....

Exactly! Where are the experts? They should have been contacted immediately. I'm not sure I believe this pregnancy story. Chris is a drama queen that will do/say anything for attention. Does Paige ever change the tone of her voice? That soft whisper is driving me crazy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14