Type keyword(s) to search

Stanley Tucci: Searching For Italy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

CNN must have said to him, "We can't afford you, but we can afford Eva Longoria".   I think Stanley must have had a good idea that some other network would be willing to pay his price or he wouldn't have told Jimmy Fallon he was definitely planning on doing more seasons even after the cancellation.   He probably can't talk about it yet while he's negotiating.  Fingers crossed!

It’s also possible that the Longoria show was already in production when CNN changed direction. It’s different than a renewal.

• Like 2
(edited)

He had some other roles before seasons 1 and 2.

May explain why season 2 came out later, especially the last 4 EVs.

Probably more money in those other roles.  Maybe caused friction because season 2 was delayed.

Also, he didn’t seem as into it in season 2, at least in some episodes.

Edited by aghst
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Someone created a new thread for Searching for Mexico here:

I caught the promo for it and it was so much of a carbon-copy that it made me not want to watch. I think it's because it felt wrong to have Longoria's voice-over when everything else looked and even sounded like Searching for Italy. There was a disconnect for me.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, most of the Mexican food I've tried over the years doesn't agree with my stomach, so I won't be watching Eva Longoria.

I want to go to Italy with Stanley and his family and eat delicious food. 😊

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
38 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Unfortunately, most of the Mexican food I've tried over the years doesn't agree with my stomach, so I won't be watching Eva Longoria.

I want to go to Italy with Stanley and his family and eat delicious food. 😊

Me too!!!!

• Applause 2

Sounds like there will be a third season…..

Stanley was interviewed at length in a segment this morning on NBC by Willie Geist. It covered his life and career and a bit about the success of Searching For Italy. Towards the end(maybe badly edited), Stanley mutters, “we’ll know more in a week or so, it’ll be somewhere”. Willie clarified back in the studio by saying, “stay tuned for news about an upcoming third season of Searching For Italy”. (Quotes are from the best of my recollection)

Here’s hoping it’s not going to be on a premium streaming channel, like Peacock. I’m a little suspicious with NBC promoting the show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Stanley is on Citadel, which is getting heavily panned.

However, Amazon has committed reportedly $300 million so he's going to have that project competing for whatever time he may have for Searching for Italy, if there are newer seasons.

I guess he owns this show so he's motivated to sell it to another service if they will make it lucrative enough.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Dang, not even sure I have National Geo.

OK just checked, it appears I do!

But it says production starts in January so they probably won't release it for almost a year from now.  Or maybe 2025.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I'm so glad his show will continue--but wish it were returning a lot sooner!  I loved his recent book, "Taste My Life Through Food".  His rule for eating spaghetti made me cheer! His experience, in France, with andouille sausage was the same as mine in Nice (🤢). Love this guy!

• Like 3

I hope he goes to Santa Margherita & Portofino, just south of Genoa.  Those folks know their pesto.  We had the absolutely best pasta with pesto/potatoes/green beans in SM. Plus, the scenery is divine. SM, where we stayed, looked as though I'd stepped onto a movie set with gorgeous, old buildings beautifully cared for, alongside the misty, blue Mediterranean Sea. 🧡🤍💚

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

We walked into a small grocery store in that area—the deli counter had a tub of the brightest green, smoothest pesto we’d seen since dinner the night before. Perhaps Stanley can explain how the soil and air cannot be duplicated here, which is why neither can that pesto.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Piemonte region, of which the Ligurian coast is a part, is where pesto was first made.

I think I one had a pesto dish in Levanto, which was just north of Cinque Terre.

It was a splurge at the time for me because I think the whole meal was over €30 and you can get pasta dishes (primi) for under €10 still in Italy.

• Useful 2

https://hollywoodontheitalianriviera.com/category/santa-margherita/

4 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I hope he goes to Santa Margherita & Portofino, just south of Genoa.  Those folks know their pesto.  We had the absolutely best pasta with pesto/potatoes/green beans in SM. Plus, the scenery is divine. SM, where we stayed, looked as though I'd stepped onto a movie set with gorgeous, old buildings beautifully cared for, alongside the misty, blue Mediterranean Sea. 🧡🤍💚

In a real sense, you had so stepped!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We took a boat over to Portofino which was nice, but Santa Margherita was more relaxed and more beautiful (to us). We stayed at the Continental Hotel (which overlooks the Mediterranean).  Someone told us it was a resort town for the mega wealthy of Italy. 

• Useful 2

I think I one had a pesto dish in Levanto, which was just north of Cinque Terre.

That was the town we stayed in! Dinner was made by Nonna at our B&B (in three nights, we ordered the pesto on whatever pasta course was offered).

Stanley, go there! And take a pesto-making class! (It’s a homier, less flashy version of the other Riveria towns, but super easy to get there and the Cinque Terra from Levanto. Good for Nat Geo.)

• Like 3

Add me to the list of lucky visitors to the Italian (and French and Monagasque) Riviera!

In fact, I'm sitting in my Family Room under a framed poster of Portofino, next to one of our photos of the Cinque Terre. Good times! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 5