Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Power Of Veto Competition #4

• Start Topic

Caleb's obsession with Amber is scary, and I am concerned for her safety.  That said, just for my selfish purposes, Caleb needs to stay in the house because right now he is the most interesting person there.  Look at his little tete a tete with Brittany in the backyard, where he looked so soulfully concerned and really seemed to listen to her with sympathy and reassurances which fooled her so much that she wrongly selected him as houseguest's choice for the Veto competition.  Then there was the whole ninja!cowboy antics and the looking daggers while brandishing a plastic dagger while pacing ominously as Cody caressed Amber's hand while utter awkward silence reigned in the HoH.  Then the whole bizarreness around selecting the $5K reward instead of taking the Veto away from one of the people on the block.  You know, the one person people really wanted to vote out.

I really can't tell if he's actually an idiot, or if he's playing some sort of deep strategic game.  I'm leaning toward "idiot."

• Love 1

Well, I'm pretty late, I know (I had problems with both downloading and playing back this episode on my computer), but in this case, it was definitely not worth the wait.  See, I'm a bit upset that "my girl" Brittany (hey, I've as much claim to her as Caleb does to Amber) looks to be headed out the door, so my appreciation for one of the better yearly "white elephant" veto comps is somewhat limited, I'm afraid.  

Or, to use cruder and ruder language:

CRY, CODY, YOU FUCKING PUSSY!  CRY LIKE THE LITTLE BITCH YOU ARE!! CRY, BABY, CRY ME A GODDAMN RIVER!!  (Grr.)

I mean, aside from the stupidity of targeting Brittany in the first place (she's a "threat" who has won a whopping one out of the nine comps she's been in so far, and she was closer to Cody than to anyone else in the house), Crybaby Cody is passing up the obvious move to get rid of the player who spends all his time talking about how mad he is at Cody.  Now, that's a threat, even without the helpful prop daggers from the BotB comp to, er, drive the point home. 

And the idea that Caleb would stay is stupid.  Even without the outright backing of his alliance, he could count on votes to evict Caleb from Donny, Jocasta, Victoria, and probably Nicole, who may not be close to Brittany, but isn't stupid.  Then all Cody would need is one ally to help him out of loyalty [probably Zach] and he can break the tie and evict Caleb.  Now, to stay by overcoming the votes of Cody and his four allies, Brittany needs the support of all six of the other HGs, which would mean getting Amber, Jocasta, and Victoria to willingly work with Caleb (um, good luck there) and somehow deprogramming Nicole from the spell of Christine (who, gosh, just keeps forgetting to tell Nic about all these other alliances she's in…but don't worry, Nicole, I've totally got your back! Riiiiight) so that she and Hayden would go along with the plan.  Odds severely against, I'm guessing.

So I've thought about the order that I currently want the Houseguests evicted in, and here it is:

1. Donny—Nothing personal, I'd just rather have Brittany stay, somehow.

2. Frankie—Would be getting on my nerves even if he wasn't blatantly trying to be Andy 2.0.  (Pardon a 3-week old BBAD spoiler, but the night that Team America learned who their partners were, Derrick buttered up Frankie by saying "I can see that you're playing Andy's game" and Frankie has made no effort to deny it.  He's just clinging onto the biggest meatsacks around as a McCranda to hide behind, and he's gleeful about getting strong women out of the game, as fast as he possibly can.  Misogynist prick.)  I'm so sick of his camera-whoring, his idea that "playing Big Brother" automatically equals "taking the lowest road possible" (yes, you should be prepared to lie, cheat, tattle, exaggerate and sabotage your competitors when necessary…Frankie gets a boner just from the malice) and his general sense of entitlement. (I "loved" him taking credit for spreading the "Zach is Amanda's cousin" rumor when he didn't actually do it, for example.)  Back to Broadway (or, better yet, community theater in Patchogue), kid!  But only after BB makes you shave your stupid pink hair.

3. Derrick—Yeah, I'm not digging him.  He's just a low-key Devin (two weeks back, on the night of his/Nicole's HoH win, he was talking a mile-a-minute at her, including trying to push her into an alliance that "would be the first alliance I've had with anyone in this house"…if you don't count the Bomb Squad, which Nicole already knew about and which Derrick spent half the monologue claiming wasn't really an alliance and he wasn't in it, not really, anyway) and the last thing I need to see is a calm steady hand helping the power alliance push people out of the House all summer long.  The sooner The Defecators are broken up, the better; I have absolutely zero interest in watching them "leave their mark" all the way to the Final Five.

So, apparently, the first three people I want gone are Team Amurica (Fuck That!).  Not for that particular reason, but it would be a nice bonus.  By the way, what are their stupid task options this week?  (My download edited that out; apparently the ripper thought it was a promo or something.)

Back to evictions:

4.  Cody—Sorry, but you deserve to have this bite you in your hemmorhoid-ridden ass.

5. Christine—Larry Bird* can go anytime, too.  She's a perfect match for Frankie; the only joy I ever see her have is bitching or rubbing her hands together and cackling.  Houseguests should not live on schaudenfreude alone.

(* I did not come up with this nickname, and I admit it's not truly accurate; while Christine does have a bit of facial resemblance to Larry Legend, he [despite his avian surname] never had a busted beak the way she does.  I mean, I guess that bump helps keep the nerd glasses from slipping, but still.)

So yeah, if they're determined to keep ol' "Beast Moobs Cowboy" (also not mine; Caleb allegedly is developing breasts due to his steroid abuse) around as a "number", at this point I want him to do a number on The Defecators.  I'd rather have HGs who may annoy me (Caleb, Jocasta) or annoy others (Victoria) than watch the Smug Squad keep them around while they systematically bump off the people I'm actually interested in (the nominees, and Amber/Nicole, sort of).  Here's hoping that prop dagger has Crybaby Cody's name written on it, after all.

I don't get this fear of Brittney somehow "coming after" them.  She's an army of one.  The chances of her winning HOH and getting a veto winner who will do what she wants are small.​

Absolutely agree - why are they so afraid of her, if the whole house is against her?

As a straight man, I wouldn't NOT let Frankie be touching my ass constantly like Cody does. ( Hell, I'm a gay man, and I wouldn't let Frankie be touching my ass like that!

I'm not entirely sure that Cody is a straight man.  Not that it matters.  And he seemed perfectly comfortable with Frankie massaging his ass, so who am I to judge?  :-)

CreepModeCowboy

Perfection.

2. Frankie—Would be getting on my nerves even if he wasn't blatantly trying to be Andy 2.0.  (Pardon a 3-week old BBAD spoiler, but the night that Team America learned who their partners were, Derrick buttered up Frankie by saying "I can see that you're playing Andy's game" and Frankie has made no effort to deny it.  He's just clinging onto the biggest meatsacks around as a McCranda to hide behind, and he's gleeful about getting strong women out of the game, as fast as he possibly can.  Misogynist prick.)  I'm so sick of his camera-whoring, his idea that "playing Big Brother" automatically equals "taking the lowest road possible" (yes, you should be prepared to lie, cheat, tattle, exaggerate and sabotage your competitors when necessary…Frankie gets a boner just from the malice) and his general sense of entitlement. (I "loved" him taking credit for spreading the "Zach is Amanda's cousin" rumor when he didn't actually do it, for example.)  Back to Broadway (or, better yet, community theater in Patchogue), kid!  But only after BB makes you shave your stupid pink hair.

I really don't think Frankie is playing the same game as Andy. Every time Frankie is in a group conversation he draws the attention to himself by telling a story or doing one of his accents. Andy did the opposite he would be a yes person in the background.