Type keyword(s) to search

Annie: She's Right On Top Of It

Actually in the moments when the show has hinted at an Annie/Jeff pairing, I've been all for it. I know in the universe of the show there's a weird age difference but I think the actors have a lot of chemistry and those scenes have really worked for me. Annie has kind of been on the sidelines this season. The biggest thing that has happened for her character in my mind was the introduction of her brother Anthony played amazingly by Spencer Crittenden. 

Actually in the moments when the show has hinted at an Annie/Jeff pairing, I've been all for it. I know in the universe of the show there's a weird age difference but I think the actors have a lot of chemistry and those scenes have really worked for me.

Ditto. I am working very hard to not have my enjoyment of an episode hang on the amount of Jeff/Annie but sometimes it's difficult because I enjoy them so much. Heh.

Normally I would hate the whole "young girl humanizes cynical older man blah blah blah" but with these two it just...works for me. Naturally, I am bound to be disappointed.

Embarrassingly enough, I usually find myself staring in awe at how pretty Alison Brie is. That girl is gorgeous. Such beautiful eyes.

While she may look like a sweet little innocent, I'm glad that that show does allow her to be aggressive, fuck up, be shrill etc. She's not some perfect doll.

Ditto. I am working very hard to not have my enjoyment of an episode hang on the amount of Jeff/Annie but sometimes it's difficult because I enjoy them so much. Heh.

Normally I would hate the whole "young girl humanizes cynical older man blah blah blah" but with these two it just...works for me. Naturally, I am bound to be disappointed.

Agreed, and I said smiliar in an episode thread. I would normally find the pairing a little gross, but given the fact that I never could buy Alison Brie as a 19 year old even at the start of the series and that knowing IRL she's a funny, sassy, worldy woman and not a sheltered little girl colors my feelings about the pair. (I'm not sure I ever really bought her as innocent goody two shoes, anyway. I think in some ways she's as cynical as Jeff, she just WANTS to be trusting and naive.)

This show in previous seasons has, for me, always been the right mix of salty and sweet, and the Jeff/Annie moments gave it its sweet, sticky heart. I wish it weren't so, but not having as many interactions this season, has just tilted the balance into the salty and I just haven't enjoyed it as much.

I miss her too. Alison Brie had so much chemistry with everyone! I particularly loved the Annie/Abed/Troy trio. I think that's what I'll miss the most.

• Love 1

Annie wasn't my favorite character, but she probably was the one who worked well no matter what other character she was paired up with, whether it was Shirley, the Dean, Troy, Abed, Jeff, anyone. Her character was the only one who could make Pierce even somewhat likable. I'm not sure if that should be attributed to the writing or the actor.

• Love 1