Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OtterMommy

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

Recommended Posts


I don't really have an opinion on The Weeknd's music (it's...fine), but I do find him charming whenever he's on SNL.  I especially like "The Weeknd Update."

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, so The Weeknd has plunged money into . . . whatever this is. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m loving this production design. I like The Weeknd, but his songs are awfully mellow so far. He needs some background singers. Or where’s Beyonce to liven things up? Bruno Mars?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Imagining Kap at home, furiously making the wank motion in stone silence.

LOL! Right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This halftime show is....odd. I like the Weeknd's music but it feels like he needs to do some cardio. He sounds out of breath, like he can't enunciate his words.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I get they can't have the usual five zillion dancers on the field as usual, but... this is still weird and small feeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

This halftime show is....odd. I like the Weeknd's music but it feels like he needs to do some cardio. He sounds out of breath, like he can't enunciate his words.

The show doesn’t have much energy. Or maybe he just doesn’t. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I already feel like Kayne's somewhere saying The Weeknd stole this idea from him. 

Does Kanye even speak in full sentences anymore? 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I already feel like Kayne's somewhere saying The Weeknd stole this idea from him. 

What? That house of mirrors weird camera segment with the scary mimes?

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know any of The Weeknd's music, and this halftime show isn't making me want to change that.  It's not bad, it's just sort of there.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hereby apologize to Justin Timberlake that people razzed HIS Superbowl show so badly. 

Oh look. There are dancers. It isn't helping. 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I already feel like Kayne's somewhere saying The Weeknd stole this idea from him. 

I thought the intro definitely had a Jesus-y Sunday Service vibe. Kanye's probably throwing a bitch fit at his ranch right now.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bastet said:

I don't know any of The Weeknd's music, and this halftime show isn't making me want to change that.  It's not bad, it's just sort of there.

It's very background radio music. It's not really halftime show music.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Does Kanye even speak in full sentences anymore? 

It isn't very nice to speak that way of our next President. 🤣

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, topanga said:

I’m loving this production design. I like The Weeknd, but his songs are awfully mellow so far. He needs some background singers. Or where’s Beyonce to liven things up? Bruno Mars?

I read he said he didn't want anyone else there to take from the "performance". 

I mean, who would have wanted to miss out on a whole group of bandaged men? 

 

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I really need to pee. The urine senses my flagging mood, and it wants the hell out of my body.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Weeknd.  Bless his heart.  Granted, considering the COVID circumstances, this probably would have been a difficult halftime show for anyone.

And for some reason the sound was off, too low or something.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The 500th Silence of the Lambs spinoff nobody asked for or needed. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Looking forward to Tough As Nails . . . but I’ll be recording that while watching The Challenge. Phil Keoghan would understand, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I like the Weekend & it was a nice halftime show, but it was definitely nothing special. What a waste of $7 Million that was. I expected better for that amount he spent on this halftime show. Give me Prince's halftime show over this everyday. BTW, he better not ever compare himself to Prince. He will never ever be on Prince's level.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently The Weeknd spent $7 million of his own money on that show. Ummmm.... HOW? Bandages are like 3 bucks and those red suits can't be that expensive. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

NO idea what fully.com is, but they win for one of the few truly good commercials. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Weeknd’s backup dancers were absolutely wearing athletic supporters on their heads.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Fostersmom said:

I read he said he didn't want anyone else there to take from the "performance". 

I mean, who would have wanted to miss out on a whole group of bandaged men? 

 

I understand him not wanting it to turn I to a variety show, but it needed something. There are only a few performers who can command the halftime stage with just their presence and energy: Prince and Lady Gaga, for example. I wasn’t even looking forward to Lady Gaga’s performance, but she was so mesmerizing, she made me sit my behind down and watch her every move. 
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

History says the Chiefs are fine, but maybe that halftime show was epic enough to wreck the power at Raymond James Stadium.  Unfortunately, and somewhat related, a team kicking off in the second half is given the option of an onside kick, which would not be unprecedented

Share this post


Link to post

Tom Brady celebrating with that fucking arm thrust brings on my rage blackouts.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The Weeknd’s backup dancers were absolutely wearing athletic supporters on their heads.

They counted as face masks though, right? 

  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

 

And for some reason the sound was off, too low or something.

It seems like sound quality is notoriously bad for these halftime shows. They need to hire guys (and girls) who do sound for rock bands that regularly play stadiums. Whoever the NFL or Pepsi hires absolutely sucks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't regret my decision to watch tennis. 😁

Is it still on?

Share this post


Link to post

That halftime show was terrible.  I knew it would be since they announced it was The Weeknd.  Too bad they can’t just show Prince every year.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, superdeluxe said:

That halftime show was terrible.  I knew it would be since they announced it was The Weeknd.  Too bad they can’t just show Prince every year.

Or Lady Gaga. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was straining to hear the audio through most of that halftime performance. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

It seems like sound quality is notoriously bad for these halftime shows. They need to hire guys (and girls) who do sound for rock bands that regularly play stadiums. Whoever the NFL or Pepsi hires absolutely sucks.

And yet I had no problems hearing or understanding Prince or Lady Gaga? Is it because they’re musicians who took control of their sound checks?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

They have a problem every year tying the Halftime Audio into the tv audio.   You would THINK they would spend time in the other ELEVEN FUCKING MONTHS OF THE YEAR trying to figure it out.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It's very background radio music. It's not really halftime show music.

It's like he makes grocery store music. It's just there. Nothing objectionable, nothing annoying, but also nothing that really gets you excited. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

No flag for Kelce? This game has been decided already by the refs. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

27 more points for Tampa coupled with keeping the Chiefs off the board and my "prediction" would hit

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sam Jackson’s greatest weakness: sharks.

Wayne’s World ad . . . actually works?!? Nice!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size