Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E.13: Big Fat Brawl

• Start Topic

On 2/3/2021 at 7:44 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

Jessica can take several seats with her “conjunctivitis” makeup pallet. Jesus...pink isn’t your friend Jess.

On to Twit - I truly hope this is the last season that TLC monetizes her lazy, greedy, narcissistic ass. She and her idiotic enablers would do well to settle back into a real (no SM) world. They’re already at the threshold where their actions will follow them for a while. Now is a good time to stop with this shit.

They’ll keep her because they have to have some crap to keep on regular TLC since nobody’s going to pay to watch the show exclusively on Discovery+. 

Edit to add my apologies because now that I’ve read through, I’m not the first person to post this.  🥴🤪😬

Edited by readheaded
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, readheaded said:

They’ll keep her because they have to have some crap to keep on regular TLC since nobody’s going to pay to watch the show exclusively on Discovery+. 

Edit to add my apologies because now that I’ve read through, I’m not the first person to post this.  🥴🤪😬

I also think that COVID has helped her cause a lot. It’s not a convenient time to start a new reality program. It’s harder to develop new characters and get to know people when interaction is limited. So it’s probably easier just to let this crap limp along and focus on Discovery + rather than cancel it and have to replace it with something new. 

• Love 10

Straight from WWT's Instagram... Not sure how to post the Buddy video, but here is the text

Verified

Buddy asked me to post this video for y’all.

Not gonna lie, I’m thankful for @thebuddybell for making this video. Over the last 8 seasons of My Big Fat Fabulous Life, I’ve tried to stop defending myself on social media. If I jumped on here to defend myself every time I or a situation was portrayed inaccurately, I’d literally be defending myself all day long. And, we know it goes, when people defend themselves, we only look...defensive.

So, specifically, I want to point out as well that *maybe* I asked the cameras to go down because I knew we needed to discuss something a way that would PROTECT Buddy’s privacy. As far as the sports bra, my mic pack is in the back where I can’t reach it and to take it off myself I have to take my bra off — of course, I don’t usually have to because my audio guy will remove it. But as Buddy mentions, I did that LITERALLY to make the scene unusable, because it would look so weird and out of place that they wouldn’t air it. Obvs, they did, so joke’s on me!

We appreciate that y’all get invested in the show and in our lives and that’s a good thing! It keeps us employed and keeps us happy providing entertainment for you. But please, remember to think critically and understand that you are seeing 8 months of life condensed into 14 45-minute episodes. Reality TV is not live-streaming.

I’m gonna be a little vulnerable here and say that, yes, even though this my job it does hurt to be criticized for being fat and ugly — but even more so for things like being a bad pet owner, a selfish friend, a bad daughter, etc. There are forums of tens of thousands of people who digitally stalk and tear me down to the point where it’s a literal obsession to them. People show up to my house, my car windows get bricks thrown into them, and the police visit in the middle of the night to do welfare checks on me because they get calls saying someone is planning to kill me. I don’t like to focus on this side of reality TV or complain too much because SO MUCH GOOD has come from this.

We just ask that you realize our lives are so much more complex and nuanced than you could ever see on TV + that we are human beings. Thanks for the support + ❤️ over these last 8 seasons.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CK6pDVgDm4b/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I watched the video, and basically Buddy is saying that it was truly no big deal, he was set off by the word "basically", they squashed it in two seconds, and those of us on message boards should go get a life and "do something important"....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Emma C said:

I watched the video, and basically Buddy is saying that it was truly no big deal, he was set off by the word "basically", they squashed it in two seconds, and those of us on message boards should go get a life and "do something important"....

"Important"? Well, we can't ALL be Z-listers on trashy TLC shows...

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

So, specifically, I want to point out as well that *maybe* I asked the cameras to go down because I knew we needed to discuss something a way that would PROTECT Buddy’s privacy. 

^^^ Sez Whit.  Maybe.  But you seemed awfully frantic about it.  And that's not what Buddy said in the video.  To me it seems more like throwing Buddy under the bus after he made this video to protect you, Whit. Now I'm off to do something important.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

As many times as she's gotten naked on this show, what made her think they'd stop filming? Everyone knows that the best way to give them unusable material is to start singing. 

She did what she did because she panicked. Panicked for herself, not for Buddy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Bets on whether or not Twit was standing off to the side holding big cue cards in one hand and dangling his paycheck in the other? 

Without question. I also wonder about his contract. Buddy isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. I wonder if Whitney has convinced him that he is required to protect her and do these kinds of CYA type requests to avoid being in breach. I don’t for a minute believe he contract says he has to do that, but I can see Whitney telling him that it does. I suspect she utilizes layers of emotional blackmail and manipulation. Not just the paycheck.

• Love 6

LOL, does Whitney think of herself like Mel and Sue on the old GBBO, when they would curse and be inappropriate so that footage of the contestants getting upset wouldn’t be usable?

I have to give her production team props for throwing it in - otherwise she would definitely just start stripping down every time she was doing or saying something she didn’t want aired!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

"Important"? Well, we can't ALL be Z-listers on trashy TLC shows...

And there's a pandemic going on. Our ability to do important things is a little limited right now - or just to do anything that isn't watching  this show, which isn't the most fascinating thing ever - and many of us probably wouldn't be watching the show if that weren't true. Perhaps Buddy could have addressed saying "Good" when the possibility of Ryan having Covid was brought up. Oops, there I go, not doing something important....Anyway, I'm sure he'd say he was just joking BUT everyone's always ragging on Ryan so I'm more sensitive to that.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, princelina said:

So, specifically, I want to point out as well that *maybe* I asked the cameras to go down because I knew we needed to discuss something a way that would PROTECT Buddy’s privacy. 

Okay, so, she put her tits out to protect Buddy’s privacy?  Did I read that right?  I don’t know, I have some problems with understanding big words and I get all confused when people use the (*) as an accent.  Some day imma gonna learn myself these things, so I can do something important like Twit and Buddy . . .

They really think their viewers (as well as those that follow them on social media) are just a bunch of idiots and they have this superior insider high ground from which to lecture us from.   Keep pissing off the people that keep you on TV.  I can’t wait to hear you crowing when the show goes away.  Nothing humbles you like unemployment, as Buddy can tell her.  When they finally do cancel this show, I’ll remember this smug attitude with a maniacal smile.

14 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So it’s probably easier just to let this crap limp along and focus on Discovery + rather than cancel it and have to replace it with something new. 

Let me simplify this for TLC.  There is another half of the now infamous “Fat Girl Dancing” video who is a fan favorite.  His name is Todd Beasley.  You could switch gears pretty easily with Todd and focus on his life in New York in the aftermath of a MBFFL cancellation.  He is a known quantity, funnier and more interesting than Twit, and most of the fan base would watch the hell out of that show.  Call it a spin off.  Call it something catchy and I believe you will start gaining market share instead of losing it.  But then again, don’t listen to me.  I’m stupid enough to write about Twit and the gang on a message board(s) and I haven’t got a single important thing planned for the rest of the day.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, Emma C said:

People show up to my house, my car windows get bricks thrown into them, and the police visit in the middle of the night to do welfare checks on me because they get calls saying someone is planning to kill me.

LIke, if this is true, just ask for the show to be canceled or stop broadcasting where you live. No one is MAKING you sacrifice your well-being. No one deserves to be stalked or have death threats made against them, but there's any easy fix. Don't be on TV. Set your IG to private. Take a break from living online and on TV. She's not "asking for it," but I'm not seeing how she's addressing the problem either.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

LIke, if this is true, just ask for the show to be canceled or stop broadcasting where you live. No one is MAKING you sacrifice your well-being. No one deserves to be stalked or have death threats made against them, but there's any easy fix. Don't be on TV. Set your IG to private. Take a break from living online and on TV. She's not "asking for it," but I'm not seeing how she's addressing the problem either.

Also, NONE of this has ever been addressed on the show or their social media stuff. She seems to pull it out of her ass when she's backed into a corner. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Okay, so, she put her tits out to protect Buddy’s privacy?  Did I read that right?  I don’t know, I have some problems with understanding big words and I get all confused when people use the (*) as an accent.  Some day imma gonna learn myself these things, so I can do something important like Twit and Buddy . . .

They really think their viewers (as well as those that follow them on social media) are just a bunch of idiots and they have this superior insider high ground from which to lecture us from.   Keep pissing off the people that keep you on TV.  I can’t wait to hear you crowing when the show goes away.  Nothing humbles you like unemployment, as Buddy can tell her.  When they finally do cancel this show, I’ll remember this smug attitude with a maniacal smile.

Exactly, you nailed it 👍

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Emma C said:

But, but, BUT... I think all the fake weight lifting competitions, dance offs, ballroom dance contests, etc. in my area are cancelled because of COVID. I don’t even think there’s a St. Pat’s Day parade nearby next month for me to ride a mobility scooter in! How can I possibly accomplish something important when none of this is available to me?

On 2/3/2021 at 1:47 AM, Joan of Argh said:

TLC...Next episode please just sit her down with a giant cake and 10 gallons of whipped cream let her eat till she passes out and then follow the others as they snark on her repulsive personality.

Whitney doesn’t like cake! Remember?!

Edited by MrsWitter
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3
On 2/4/2021 at 1:03 PM, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that was a good hike for a dog - I never have my dog off leash in an unfenced area and that hike would have been a tough one to do and hold the leash. Plus being steep and slippery...

If you look that one up on AllTrails, the total trail is 2.4 miles and has an elevation gain of around 130 feet. The big slippery climb up the waterfall is not part of the trail.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Let me simplify this for TLC.  There is another half of the now infamous “Fat Girl Dancing” video who is a fan favorite.  His name is Todd Beasley.  You could switch gears pretty easily with Todd and focus on his life in New York in the aftermath of a MBFFL cancellation.  He is a known quantity, funnier and more interesting than Twit, and most of the fan base would watch the hell out of that show.  Call it a spin off.  Call it something catchy and I believe you will start gaining market share instead of losing it.  But then again, don’t listen to me.  I’m stupid enough to write about Twit and the gang on a message board(s) and I haven’t got a single important thing planned for the rest of the day.

For Todd, it could be called a "pirouette-off"

15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Bets on whether or not Twit was standing off to the side holding big cue cards in one hand and dangling his paycheck in the other? 

It definitely seemed like a hostage video. All that was missing was the day's newspaper.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Haha I'm living for the episode where Todd comes home for a visit and Whit has to be a guest on his show 😄😄😄 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
On 2/4/2021 at 1:03 PM, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that was a good hike for a dog - I never have my dog off leash in an unfenced area and that hike would have been a tough one to do and hold the leash. Plus being steep and slippery...

The "hike" itself is neither slippery nor steep. It's pretty flat and is considered an easy hike. Whitney choosing to climb the waterfall is all on her-it's not a part of the trail at all. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 2/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, Emma C said:

Well, we can't all be so blessed as to have the opportunity to make and serve salads for our obese friends.  I mean, would that we could, but alas...

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I would watch the hell out of that, then rewatch anytime I needed a pick-me-up. Todd is a delight to behold, even when he's just being his lovely self and even more so when he's snarking on Whitney. I am by no means any kind of dancer, but I get so much joy from HIS joy when he's pirouetting or jeteing or tenduing or whatever it is that he's doing. He is sheer joy in the moment and I get such a kick out of him. I would watch him and Babs brunching, or him playing with Whit's dog, or just listening to his charming accent while he teached BGDC (which I do think they should bring back because you shouldn't have to be thin to dance, and Whit really let those ladies down).

Anyway, that's my rant that no one at Sharp will listen to, but suffice it to say I'd rather listen to Todd recite his grocery list than Whitney say anything.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Haha I'm living for the episode where Todd comes home for a visit and Whit has to be a guest on his show 😄😄😄 

I would love it. She was awful to Todd. He wanted to take over BGDC because she left. As soon as he was turning it into a successful business she got jealous and took it away from him only to drive it into the ground because she owns the brand. Sound familiar? He also really wanted to work with Fitness Marshal. She cut him out completely only to bail on the project when it became work.  I knew a lot of people like her when I was younger. They take the things that their friends love away from them simply because they can....not because they want that particular thing. She is an asshole.

• Love 23

I mean, I’m glad she didn’t, but if Whitney fell climbing that waterfall exactly who was supposed to catch her.  Isiah might be strong but I don’t see how anybody is catch 350-400lbs hurdling down on them.  I don’t see why they include all this unnecessary stuff, I mean how is being shoved up a waterfall better than her just walking the normal trail on her own, other than cringe factor, but they’re supposedly promoting this healthy lifestyle at any size.  I was zoned out of most of the episode , but did Tal ever show up?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I would love it. She was awful to Todd. He wanted to take over BGDC because she left. As soon as he was turning it into a successful business she got jealous and took it away from him only to drive it into the ground because she owns the brand. Sound familiar? He also really wanted to work with Fitness Marshal. She cut him out completely only to bail on the project when it became work.  I knew a lot of people like her when I was younger. They take the things that their friends love away from them simply because they can....not because they want that particular thing. She is an asshole.

Because it can't be emphasized enough.  

11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I mean, I’m glad she didn’t, but if Whitney fell climbing that waterfall exactly who was supposed to catch her.  Isiah might be strong but I don’t see how anybody is catch 350-400lbs hurdling down on them.  I don’t see why they include all this unnecessary stuff, I mean how is being shoved up a waterfall better than her just walking the normal trail on her own, other than cringe factor, but they’re supposedly promoting this healthy lifestyle at any size.  I was zoned out of most of the episode , but did Tal ever show up?

I wondered about that possibility as well.  When someone mentioned "hoisting" her, I scanned the screen but didn't see a crane in sight.  I can't even imagine trying to hoist nearly 400 pounds worth of a braying, screeching, obnoxious Whitney.

Tal never showed up.  Maybe he and his dreadful blue shirt were finally beamed up.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
On 2/5/2021 at 4:58 PM, Emma C said:

You have to be really old to get this reference, but is "basically" to Buddy like "Niagara Falls" to the 3 Stooges?

• LOL 2

"The more people tell me not to do something, the harder I'm going to try to do it"

...while having to have multiple people help you and possibly risking their safety all so you can prove you did something...

• Love 16
1 hour ago, sara1025 said:

"The more people tell me not to do something, the harder I'm going to try to do it"

...while having to have multiple people help you and possibly risking their safety all so you can prove you did something...

While FORCING people to help her, out of her sense of entitlement. 

The whole fucking episode I kept yelling at the TV everything she whined “you TOLD them not to wait for you, bitch!”

• Love 8
On 2/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, lightninggirl said:

I can't believe they make yoga/exercise shorts that big. I also can't believe how many shots of her big, exercise shorts-clad ass we had to see complete with all of those fat puckers and craters. That was horrifying. Then I flashed back to her telling her doctor that she weighs 322. Sure, Jan.

Slippery rocks are no joke, and I've hiked in those exact areas for over 40 years. If you're at the point where you need your own four-person guide to assist you up a waterfall it is probably time to schedule that WLS. I cannot imagine what her joints went through trying to make it even a few hundred feet past the trailhead.

Poor Ashley looked like she'd gained weight as well, and she has the apple shape that's supposed to be bad for your heart. 😭 I felt awful for her standing at the counter after Sweatney ripped her shirt off like a toddler and stomped off.

Ashley is going to end up weighting as much as Whitney! Those shorts that Whitney was wearing were horrid looking....🤢

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice that Ashley, who is almost as fat at Whitney and Buddy didn't seem to be struggling like at all with that "hike" and I was waiting for the team of Sherpa to show up with a crane and a truck full of rigging equipment to get her over a 6 inch high obstacle?

My god it seems like they did everything short of rubbing her with a barrel of Crisco/Swiss Navy and dragging her up the waterfall with rope.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, John M said:

Did anyone else notice that Ashley, who is almost as fat at Whitney and Buddy didn't seem to be struggling like at all with that "hike" and I was waiting for the team of Sherpa to show up with a crane and a truck full of rigging equipment to get her over a 6 inch high obstacle?

My god it seems like they did everything short of rubbing her with a barrel of Crisco/Swiss Navy and dragging her up the waterfall with rope.

It was the same with the Eiffel Tower climb. Ashley ended up waiting for Whit at points....all caught on film. But I would totally take personal training classes with Whit. She is an albatross hanging around all their necks.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, John M said:

Uh, spoiler alert! Now you've done gone and given away tonight's surprise! 😉

• LOL 9

There are forums of tens of thousands of people who digitally stalk and tear me down to the point where it’s a literal obsession to them.

Are there even tens of thousands of people who watch the show? At all?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I am just watching this now because work is slow but here is my take on shirt gate:

Buddy did not want to be touched. Whit insisted on clinging to him and got pissy when he told her to knock it off. He asked a legitimate question about contact lenses and Whit answered very rudely. Both Ashley and Buddy gave a snarky retort only for Whit to turn around and tell Buddy to get over it. Buddy is understandably upset by this since he was supporting Whit for months ( even feeding her in bed like he is a servant) and comes back downstairs to confront her. He started calmly with “I didn’t tell you to get over it when.....” , cut to Whit whipping her clothes and Mic off to stop him from revealing something. In the next scene Buddy is using the words please and thank you to Whit. I am sure she pulled him aside and told him to fall in line or she would cut him out like she did to Todd. Also, if this was ‘not a big deal’ as they later claimed then why rip off your mic? She wasn’t protecting Buddy....he wasn’t ranting and raving. She was the one who acted like a lunatic and was terrified of him revealing some private information. She is awful.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/3/2021 at 10:10 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Just when I think Whitney can't be more loathsome, she proves me wrong.  Being angry at a person with depression and telling them to get over it is never something a friend should do, but it's especially despicable given all that Buddy has done for Whitney when she's in another "crisis."  And you've gotta be kidding me with the coming back after her tantrum and saying "Buddy apologized."  Sure, he did.  I'd love to know what was really said, but obviously Whitney didn't want that--huh, wonder why.

The whole getting pissed at Ryan for not getting his results soon enough for them--and then actively hoping he's positive so he doesn't come to the weekend HE set up?  They are the worst.  

Line of the night goes to Todd saying he'd know if Whitney was there by the contents of the refrigerator.

It was likely full of grapes....grapes make you fat don’t you know? (Sorry, 600 lb life reference)

• LOL 6