Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Hide the Salami

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

I hope that kid was sick as a dog the next morning.  He drank a lot of Hennessey and who knows what all else.

Maybe if Kate was Chief Stew, she might have added this to his turn down service that night.

C716F0ED-AE32-46D5-94C1-FEEC1AE49C2E.thumb.jpeg.076df88aebd29579f29078b744d0f515.jpeg

• LOL 6

It was sad enough to see Captain Lee reveal his loss to Francesca. I loathe that Bravo made it so that he also had to discuss it with these horrible people, the King of Timeshare Ripoffs and his Queen of Gross Consumerism.

As someone said above, the parenting on display in the documentary about them was “neglectful” to put it kindly. I did not want to see Captain Lee commiserating with these no-class garbage people and having his pain brought to the surface. I feel for him, as he said it is still in the raw early stages.

Bravo should not have even brought this trash family aboard. They are not entertaining and I just don’t care about their suffering as I watch them live to excess and make remarks about the “poor people“. They did nothing to stop  the younger boys (sons? grandsons?) from heavy drinking. Disgusting. All the things that Rachel said about that previous charter group and their preference sheet filled with excessive demands? She should have saved for these people who actually deserve it.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 22
44 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

And to be clear, I react poorly to anyone who's constantly talking about their own asshole or shitting everywhere, particularly when they're working with food. It's off putting. I don't care if a woman curses at all, but when you're constantly (at least according to editing at Bravo) talking about farting, how much your farts stink, how many times you took a dump that day, then you're like "And for dinner, we're having a beluga caviar with a parmesan tuile," I'm out. Talk about your 'cooter' all you want, your WAP, whatever, drop F bombs, etc., but I can't recall ever hearing a chef or a fellow line cook say "I really have to take a shit" while working. Maybe I'm a prude about this very slim slice of life.

I wonder if Rachel's potty mouth would have been tolerated by the rest of the crew if she were a male chef? Plus her blow up during the pref sheet meeting and then storming off the boat? Her taking over the mic at the beach club and refusing to get off the stage?

Something tells me that no matter how hard it is to find another chef, a male chef would have gotten a plane ticket home a long time ago. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

Her taking over the mic at the beach club and refusing to get off the stage?

Something tells me that no matter how hard it is to find another chef, a male chef would have gotten a plane ticket home a long time ago. 

Not a chef but Ashton caused hundreds of dollars of actual damage when he was drunk on their sponsored day off, Matt and Kevin routinely got blackout drunk, and Ben made more than one stew cry with his screaming tantrums and was partly responsible for breaking a panel in the bathroom in a guest room when drunk and none were sent home so I doubt it.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

They did nothing to stop the younger boys from heavy drinking. 

I wonder what would have happened if Elizabeth was still assigned to late nights. I don't think she would have cut them off until they passed out or fell overboard.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
Just now, Angel pie said:

They did nothing to stop the younger boys from heavy drinking. 

I mean one is 22-23 and the other 18-19 both legal adults and above the drinking age in Antigua, so I wouldn’t really expect them to; especially given what hands off parents they have demonstrated they are. Hell, I am shocked he remembers which of his sons is which based on how little attention he paid them in the Queen of Versailles.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Jsage said:

I wonder if Rachel's potty mouth would have been tolerated by the rest of the crew if she were a male chef? Plus her blow up during the pref sheet meeting and then storming off the boat? Her taking over the mic at the beach club and refusing to get off the stage?

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Not a chef but Ashton caused hundreds of dollars of actual damage when he was drunk on their sponsored day off, Matt and Kevin routinely got blackout drunk, and Ben made more than one stew cry with his screaming tantrums and was partly responsible for breaking a panel in the bathroom in a guest room when drunk and none were sent home so I doubt it.

I agree with Biakbiak that a male chef likely would not be fired for drunk behavior off charter.  However, I do think a male chef running around the galley constantly yelling "suck my dick" and "I'm going to the fuck this dinner in the ass" would not be tolerated.  Rachel's vulgarity is not professional and I'd say being on this show has likely limited her options moving forward.  Hope that she's selling a lot of mugs! Too bad, because she is extremely talented.

Hostile work environment?  Elizabeth needs to grow up and stop playing the victim. I really wanted to see her fired on her birthday. 

I also take back everything nice I ever said about Rob. What a sad little man.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

yelling "suck my dick" and "I'm going to the fuck this dinner in the ass" would not be tolerated.  Rachel's vulgarity is not professional and I'd say being on this show has likely limited her options moving forward.  Hope that she's selling a lot of mugs! Too bad, because she is extremely talented.

Many male crew members have talked about their female coworkers in lewd terms while on the job. And routinely have completely non work appropriate conversations using crude language about women in general during the course of their jobs with absolutely no consequences. Pete on last season of BDM got a talking to but was only fired after even grosser things he posted were revealed after the show was finished filming.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, moonchild81 said:

pete in a way wasn't really fired / he was edited out of the episodes  because of some posts he made when the season started airing / i think they also weren't going to use him on the show after his first season

He was fired/released from his obligations to do media, promote the show, and appear on the reunion. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I think the answer to the bolded question is pretty clear: when you work at Fuck Mountain, tm Stan Sitwell Real Estate.

And to be clear, I react poorly to anyone who's constantly talking about their own asshole or shitting everywhere, particularly when they're working with food. It's off putting. I don't care if a woman curses at all, but when you're constantly (at least according to editing at Bravo) talking about farting, how much your farts stink, how many times you took a dump that day, then you're like "And for dinner, we're having a beluga caviar with a parmesan tuile," I'm out. Talk about your 'cooter' all you want, your WAP, whatever, drop F bombs, etc., but I can't recall ever hearing a chef or a fellow line cook say "I really have to take a shit" while working. Maybe I'm a prude about this very slim slice of life. 

I totally agree with you.  I have a very good imagination and a weak stomach, and actually, manners sometimes.  Who needs all those images of shit floating around in their head?  Come on.  Ew.  I  just always wonder if she washes her hands A LOT.  She needs her mouth washed our with soap too, in my opinion.  I think of her as the Mad Chef... angry mad, psycho mad, and mad genius.  I see all three in her.  I totally respect her genius with food though, she is gifted.  Of all the chef's on Below Deck, she stands out as the best so far.  There is that.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Iris987 said:

I had to google 'Princess Toast' and...no, it's not. It's literally what Izzy made- white bread covered in thick margarine and sprinkled with 100s and 1000s. Simple, economical and gross.

I have to credit an Agatha Christie novel a long ways back for introducing me to the “100s and 1000s” instead of the “sprinkles” or “jimmies” I grew up with. Love it.

14 hours ago, Lassus said:

Maybe it's my horrible view of humanity, but Elizabeth only seems regularly stupid and not abnormally stupid to me.  Maybe I'm biased because she's at least friendly?

Also, I suppose there could be other things going on, but I sorta feel like Francesca should cry less and be able to handle the stress of this job better.  While Elizabeth is stupid and evasive and irresponsible and frustrating, she - in my opinion - is  not LITERALLY disruptive (the guest cabin crap is bad, but not horrible to guests, or dangerous, etc. - such as Rocky [Rockie?] or Lara) and has actually shown that if you keep it simple and keep track of her she can handle, er, maybe 4th stew tasks.  Just keep marching her through and keep better track of her rather than consistently losing your cool.  I don't even think that firing her is wrong at all, but I still think Francesca could have done better prior.  Ashling's suggestion of "we're losing our minds with all the work we're doing, let's go this next charter without her" is not a shining moment in workflow management either.

My partner and I discussed the fish order debacle.  We were split.  She felt that the confusion of "mahi mahi" vs. "mahi" was a writer (Francesca) problem and made the confusion her fault; I thought that while putting two names on one line was also an issue, it's not a freaking 12-top.  All Rachel had to do was go through it with her twice to confirm who was getting what.  I'm team Francesca on this one (as many are, I'm assuming).  Rachel is very close to being completely not worth her cooking IMO.

Also, having Rob turn into a fucking incel was not what we needed.

Francesca simply doesn’t have the time, nor should she, to have to keep track of Elizabeth the way Elizabeth seems to warrant. I hear her reminding her of things she shouldn’t have to bring up at this stage. I don’t think either of them would be the easiest to work with, however. Ashling surprised me with the level of her work-hatred against Elizabeth, though.

I was getting as confused as Rachel about the mahi vs mahi mahi issue, and only finally noticed there were two people on one line when they showed it the last time and pointed it out. I’m split on whom to blame more, ha.

10 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Yes, that didn't sit right with me either.  I hope he remembers he can't take it with him when he goes, and by the looks of him, he is going...but to where?  I don't envy them at all.

There’s a Bob Hope or Bing Crosby line about how “he’ll climb back up.” 🙂

6 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Especially since they had already lost one child to substance abuse.  

I wasn’t paying enough attention to what the substances were, but people do seem to put alcohol in its own category, even a justifiable one. It’s weird.

I’m of mixed feelings about the guests. I kept swinging from “Ew” and “Did he just say THAT?” to appreciating their care for and focus on Captain Lee. It didn’t seem they were making it about them in those moments. I was surprised when, after Lee had made a point pre-dinner that he didn’t want to talk about it at dinner, that a cut-scene zoomed in on him allegedly bringing it up himself after all. I hope it wasn’t producer-compelled and that all parties concerned found some genuine healing moments.

And James is appalling.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

have to credit an Agatha Christie novel a long ways back for introducing me to the “100s and 1000s” instead of the “sprinkles” or “jimmies” I grew up with. Love it.

Hah! I didn't even think about Americanising '100s and 1000s'. I should have said 'sprinkles' except we have them too and they are a different shape to the former, which are spherical. Globalisation really calls for a standardisation of food and drink names.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

James is usless, I felt bad for Elizabeth but she really was setting her expectations high with James...the world ends at the tip of his nose.

OTOH, you could say he isn't leading her on, likely to break her heart more severely later on if he let her believe it was a serious thing for him too.

All he had to do was give her a minor peck so that she doesn't make too big a deal out of it.

Could be he has his own issues, rather than being cruel or just oblivious.

19 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Also, I was today years old when I learned there was such a thing as a fairy bread cake! 

I'd never heard of it.

Nice gesture by the others.  They shared something, just to be kind to her.

Thought really does count.  

• Love 7

Sometimes (not so much in this show, though) the scripted drama is seemless and you'll never know the production pushed it. But when the guests visit the bridge and capt Lee mentioning after a few minutes that he lost his son in a drug overdose. Come on, how likely is the regular work person to say that to someone you just met? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Iris987 said:

Hah! I didn't even think about Americanising '100s and 1000s'. I should have said 'sprinkles' except we have them too and they are a different shape to the former, which are spherical.

ah, yes, I (an American) do think of sprinkles as the little log shaped things. Hmm, not sure I have a name for the little balls.... They are a pain in the neck to put on cookies, as they just roll off! I'm sure the margarine on the bread (yuk!) helps them stick!

• Love 1
On 2/2/2021 at 12:44 AM, nytonc said:

Ugh the two Siegel boys, typical rich kids, entitled obnoxious assholes.  

What about their father? "I wonder what the poor people are doing today?" Did he REALLY say that???? I was horrified by that comment.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

ah, yes, I (an American) do think of sprinkles as the little log shaped things. Hmm, not sure I have a name for the little balls.... They are a pain in the neck to put on cookies, as they just roll off! I'm sure the margarine on the bread (yuk!) helps them stick!

Nonpareils, maybe? There are also the ones that seem bigger; I remember them as silver colored. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, RedHawk said:

It was sad enough to see Captain Lee reveal his loss to Francesca. I loathe that Bravo made it so that he also had to discuss it with these horrible people, the King of Timeshare Ripoffs and his Queen of Gross Consumerism.

As someone said above, the parenting on display in the documentary about them was “neglectful” to put it kindly. I did not want to see Captain Lee commiserating with these no-class garbage people and having his pain brought to the surface. I feel for him, as he said it is still in the raw early stages.

Bravo should not have even brought this trash family aboard. They are not entertaining and I just don’t care about their suffering as I watch them live to excess and make remarks about the “poor people“. They did nothing to stop  the younger boys (sons? grandsons?) from heavy drinking. Disgusting. All the things that Rachel said about that previous charter group and their preference sheet filled with excessive demands? She should have saved for these people who actually deserve it.

I cannot stomach these people and didn't want to see them on.  In the documentary, they were too stupid and careless to remember to feed some of their pets.  Pets who were left to suffer, starve and die in their cages. This is who they are. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Every year for Christmas, I make this delicious Italian pastry. The little pastry balls are covered in honey which makes the tiny round candies stick easily.

Struffoli

My grandmother from Italy used to make that when I was a kid.  I didn't like honey so I never ate any but she made it every year. 

• Love 1
On 2/2/2021 at 3:40 AM, Iris987 said:

It's not a surprise, though. I saw 'The Queen of Versailles' and negligent is the polite word for their parenting. And of course the King of Versailles was a Covid minimiser. Did they ever finish building that monstrosity of a house?

I really enjoyed that "Queen of Versailles" documentary, show, whatever you want to call it.  The drive to McDonald's in the limo, the dog shit on the living room floor that no one would clean up, and sadly, the reptile that someone forgot to feed and ended up dead.  How long must have they forgotten to feed it before it died and even realized it was dead?  David seemed, in that show, that he wanted nothing to do with anyone.  Just wanted to be left alone in his office.   Maybe Bravo will replay it now that this family has been on Below Deck. 

Edited by Shauna
spelling
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2021 at 4:22 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Speaking of Lee, we saw him making his own breakfast, wasn't that the job of the 3rd stew?  Didn't Izzy get chastized for taking too long to pour cereal in a bowl for Lee but no mention of why it was ok that  Elizabeth did not make his breakfast in the same episode with Lee not listening to Francesca about what a terrible stew Elizabeth has been.

I recall one episode where Captain Lee complained about the way someone made his coffee or breakfast and so I wonder if he prefers to make it himself.  I think he commented that the coffee was too sweet. 

21 hours ago, Jsage said:

To me it's not just the cursing. If she was just dropping the f bomb and littering her communication with swear words that's one thing but she's rather crass, vulgar and disgusting. I think it's more about how gross it is than anything. Vulgarity and swearing are two different things. Cursing doesn't necessarily gross me out but specific commentary that creates an image is another. No, I don't want the idea of you flicking your bean put into my consciousness so for me it's the visuals that come with her colorful way of speaking.  EWWWWW and no thanks! Man or woman.  

• Love 12
12 hours ago, aghst said:

OTOH, you could say he isn't leading her on, likely to break her heart more severely later on if he let her believe it was a serious thing for him too.

All he had to do was give her a minor peck so that she doesn't make too big a deal out of it.

Could be he has his own issues, rather than being cruel or just oblivious.

I'd never heard of it.

Nice gesture by the others.  They shared something, just to be kind to her.

Thought really does count.  

James is really putting his foot into it but at the same time I always wonder why it's the mans responsibility to read a situation and then XYZ. Sure it would be nice if James knew how to deal with her overbearing ideas about them in a more diplomatic way but I find it annoying that its' automatically Jame's responsibility to now coddle and cradle her and figure out some gentle way out of it when, most likely, he wasn't expecting it to take such a serious turn in the first place. I think James isn't really handling it that well but at the same time I'm so sick of watching women be so freaking careless with their pink parts. Don't want to get hurt? Then be mindful of what the real situation is you dolt.  You want to throw it around (which I have absolutley NO problem with) go right ahead but Geez Louise understand what fuck boi, booty calls and hooking up is all about before fucking someone two seconds into a mutual attraction. What you see is what you get with James and it wasn't like that situation with Aeisha where THAT dude pulled a complete long con on her in order to get in her pants which to be honest was sooooooooo fucking obvious so I still didn't have all that much sympathy for Aeisha.... Anywho, DUDES WANT TO GET LAID. If you're not proceeding with caution in these sort of situations then I'm really not feeling sorry for you. If you ain't the hookup then done type I suggest keeping the legs closed until you figure out what the story is about someone and build something more substantial.  Trying to make fuck bois into boyfriends a minute after the first bang is always such a WTF to me and it happens ALL THE TIME on this show. 

• Love 12
On 2/2/2021 at 9:39 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

I think we agree. If I put myself in the position of a 'restaurant manager' here, and these two dopes had to come to me to explain what happened and assign blame, clearly, my response is "YOU wrote a bad ticket. And YOU didn't double check what's there. Both of you are to blame, so don't let it happen again.

We definitely agree.

Sadly, in considering this a day later, a manager would still probably be forced to blame the server because chefs are harder to control and harder to come by.  🙂  Then maybe later give the server a "listen, off the record, I'm sorry, but I need this wacko for her food. Yes, yes, I know, I know, it's just the way it is.  But, she was equally at fault.  Here, go have a drink on me after work, and we never had this conversation."

• Love 7

Watching Elizabeth just makes me sad.  She's obviously not smart, that's a given.  She reminds me of my closest female cousin who was killed in an auto accident back when she was only 25.  (Years ago now.)  I was a year younger than her and very loved by my parents, while my cousin seemed to be an afterthought with her parents 😞  I never understood it.  When we were teenagers I was pretty uptight around boys but she was loose.  She thought if she'd have sex with a guy he'd love her forever.  It happened over and over!  It was like her heart would get broken but with the next guy there was the hope from her that if she showed him she loved him enough to have sex with him 'this time' the guy would love her forever.  It makes me wonder if Elizabeth felt not loved by her parents or something like that and is going through the guys thinking 'this one will be the one who will love me'.  Really sad to watch.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dleighg said:

We call the little balls dragees

James may be a shit to Elizabeth, but he stayed up with Aisling as she dealt with the drinking boys.  If he hadn't been there, they may well have moved on from threatening to "tell" on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, RedHawk said:

The "King" and "Queen" were on an episode of Celebrity Wife Swap.  Their "parenting" was beyond neglectful.  They had a "staff of nannies".  The family they swapped places with had a baby.  Jackie was told that she would be changing the baby's diapers.  Jackie freaked out and admitted that even though she had 7 children, she had NEVER CHANGED A DIAPER BEFORE!.....not one.  The "new wife" wanted to take Jackie's husband and all the children camping.  He bitched and moaned but agreed to go and got on the bus.  He was freaking out that he had to spend two days with his children.  The bus did not even make it down the driveway before he bailed.  These two are heinous.

I found the link to the Wife Swap episode.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4xLcLqHjI

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I wonder what the poor people are doing... That line made me sick

david-a-siegel-3.jpg

And I know people grieve differently...

but my mom would NEVERRRRR...

Jackie-Siegel-coffin-lg-02.jpg?w=467&qua

1434025449_jackie-siegel-zoom.jpg?qualit

I've never seen anything so heartless and inappropriate!!  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she was doped to the gills with some mind numbing drug.  That poor girl being raised in that atmosphere had no chance whatsoever to discover what true life or love was ever about.  😞 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I didn't know they were on Wife Swap, thanks for the link I'm going to check this out.

I didn’t either and wound up watching the entire episode. It was very helpful to me. I distilled a description of Davis Siegel. He’s a repulsive, blob nosed, lecherous pig. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

That pic tells you all you need to know about this dissolute wasteoid. The nose says the brain is a pickled shrunken nub. The dull squinty eyes -- lifeless except for remnants of hateful dissatisfaction indicate the state of what he might,at one time, have referred to as a soul - now twisted and gnarled and sour. Lost indeed.

Edited by BlueHawk
Punctuation
  • Love 5
On 2/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, Yours Truly said:

I always wonder why it's the mans responsibility to read a situation and then XYZ.

It isn't the responsibility of any gender (or people of no gender) to do this in a relationship.  Expecting mindreading is a sure path to relationship disaster.  So frustrating to see it!

I put the blame a little more on Rachel than Francesca, because in addition to the excellent points made above:  It's not like they have 24 guests.  If Rachel thought that one line was one mahi mahi (also confusing because that is what the fish's real name is and one could have read it as Chess writing it out once, and then abbreviating it the rest of the time), she should have realized "Hey, that's X plates total, and we have X+1 guests," and asked Chess if someone was skipping the meal or only having snacks or whatever.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Jobiska said:

It isn't the responsibility of any gender (or people of no gender) to do this in a relationship.  Expecting mindreading is a sure path to relationship disaster.  So frustrating to see it!

I put the blame a little more on Rachel than Francesca, because in addition to the excellent points made above:  It's not like they have 24 guests.  If Rachel thought that one line was one mahi mahi (also confusing because that is what the fish's real name is and one could have read it as Chess writing it out once, and then abbreviating it the rest of the time), she should have realized "Hey, that's X plates total, and we have X+1 guests," and asked Chess if someone was skipping the meal or only having snacks or whatever.

Yes, agree with most of that. This situation (and many other on this boat) would have been solved with better communication. If Francesca would consider that her style of writing tickets might confuse the chef – just ask Rachel quickly if she understood it. If Rachel find the lines confusing – just ask Francesca what the actual orders are. Then again, I think Francesca is having a hard time with Rachel´s always present foul mouth.

Francesca has many aspects of a good chief stew in my opinion, caring for the customers first and foremost and working hard. Too bad she has to clash with Elizabeth day in day out, that seems to be destroying a lot of her positive energy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, FH80 said:

Then again, I think Francesca is having a hard time with Rachel´s always present foul mouth.

Ha, also I'd stay away if I kept hearing about her innards exploding!  Wouldn't want to catch it myself!

• LOL 2
On 2/1/2021 at 9:51 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Is there anyone in real life that refers to the insufferable Jackie Siegel as the Queen of Versailles except in a tone of complete mockery?

It’s a name of a documentary movie of her life.

That was fairly popular.

So i would assume it’s appropiriate. 🤷‍♀️ 

The guy in the Tiger King Doc series is called Tiger King. I don’t think that’s his birth name or he’s being called that out of deference, or assumptions he’s royalty, more but that’s what he’s known for. 

• Love 3
On 2/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Lassus said:

Maybe it's my horrible view of humanity, but Elizabeth only seems regularly stupid and not abnormally stupid to me.  Maybe I'm biased because she's at least friendly?

Also, I suppose there could be other things going on, but I sorta feel like Francesca should cry less and be able to handle the stress of this job better.  While Elizabeth is stupid and evasive and irresponsible and frustrating, she - in my opinion - is  not LITERALLY disruptive (the guest cabin crap is bad, but not horrible to guests, or dangerous, etc. - such as Rocky [Rockie?] or Lara) and has actually shown that if you keep it simple and keep track of her she can handle, er, maybe 4th stew tasks.  Just keep marching her through and keep better track of her rather than consistently losing your cool.  I don't even think that firing her is wrong at all, but I still think Francesca could have done better prior.  Ashling's suggestion of "we're losing our minds with all the work we're doing, let's go this next charter without her" is not a shining moment in workflow management either.

My partner and I discussed the fish order debacle.  We were split.  She felt that the confusion of "mahi mahi" vs. "mahi" was a writer (Francesca) problem and made the confusion her fault; I thought that while putting two names on one line was also an issue, it's not a freaking 12-top.  All Rachel had to do was go through it with her twice to confirm who was getting what.  I'm team Francesca on this one (as many are, I'm assuming).  Rachel is very close to being completely not worth her cooking IMO.

Also, having Rob turn into a fucking incel was not what we needed.

Agree with everything here 100%.  Elizabeth isn't great but I find Francesca worse.  Running to Captain Lee over every little thing would piss me off.   The boat has a chief stew so that the captain doesn't have to deal with those things.  Stop crying and get your shit together.  Maybe if she were a better chief stew, Elizabeth would be a better stew.  And then again maybe not but at least lead by example and give Elizabeth praise when she does complete a task so you can get through the remaining charters.  

Regarding Mahigate, I think Francesca and Rachel were both at fault.  Communication clearly sucks.   

• Love 3
19 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Agree with everything here 100%.  Elizabeth isn't great but I find Francesca worse.  Running to Captain Lee over every little thing would piss me off.   The boat has a chief stew so that the captain doesn't have to deal with those things.  Stop crying and get your shit together.  Maybe if she were a better chief stew, Elizabeth would be a better stew.  And then again maybe not but at least lead by example and give Elizabeth praise when she does complete a task so you can get through the remaining charters.  

Regarding Mahigate, I think Francesca and Rachel were both at fault.  Communication clearly sucks.   

Francesca shows much better character than Happy-go-lucky-Elizabeth. But in all BD seasons there has been just a few (if any?) firings of interior staff. Therefore I would have thought Francescas mission to get Elizabeth fired instead focusing on team performance a lost cause.

• Love 4

If Elizabeth were the 14-year-old sheltered teenager that she acts like, she would have a parent or chaperone on the trip with her to throw her a birthday party and protect her hurt fee fees anytime a boy doesn't have noble intentions or someone asks her to use her brain while doing a chore. As she's been a grown-ass woman for more than a decade, she's chasing after a co-worker who's obviously a player rather than some cute boy who sits next to her in Home Ec, and it's a damn JOB instead of chores Mommy has put on the refrigerator door, I have zero sympathy for her. Not one bit of the angst and stress she's gone through on this show has been anyone's doing but her own.

• Love 8
On 2/2/2021 at 11:08 AM, Shannah Banana said:

For some odd reason, I felt like Versace lowered their brand by making innertubes.  Versace and plastic innertubes does not compute.  Whatever, I realize it's all about the money, but still.....no, just no.

Plus, the Queen has two built in floating devices already 😜

I knew Versace would go downhill when it was purchased by Michael Kors. 

• Useful 2
On 2/8/2021 at 6:08 PM, Emmeline said:

Plus, the Queen has two built in floating devices already

Two giant, fake, globes.  I hate it when you can see the veins because the skin's all stretched out.  Vom

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2021 at 1:07 PM, aqusdealer said:

With too much time on my hands, look what I ordered!  LOL

IMG_E6012.JPG.3024d00e0351ef113520a0f1a76b6229.JPG

This is hilarious!!!! 

I would get tired of the swearing, but as long as she wasn't drunk, I think Rachel would be fun to work with. She is at least not boring! 

• Love 1