Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Romance or Regret

• Start Topic

Jake just needs to find a nerd lid for his nerd pot...

He talks like HAL because he has a dry, wry sense of humor. I’m warming up to it...

He is for one frustrating marriage with a woman who does not find him compatible with her...not one whit.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

He’s just an introvert.  She can fix that if she is smart.

Introversion doesn’t need to be fixed. If Jake wants to come out of his shell, Haley might be able to bring that out, but I don’t really see anything that indicates that he has a problem with the way he is (nor should he). I think he’s kind of dull, but he also has a life he seems to like - he seems to genuinely like fixing up his house, he has a good job, good friends. If Haley needs someone more outgoing (and I think she does), they should have paired her with someone more outgoing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Haven't read through replies yet- Trigger warning/Unpopular opinion: Not a Paige fan. Not sorry. I do not believe in victim blaming, HOWEVER- she is a grown (presumably intelligent), professional woman. How many red flags does she need to choke down before she stops staring at Chris like a starry eyed fool? Just smiling like the village idiot when he says he's not attracted to her. Something is "off" with her. I woulda checked out mentally after the ceremony after he kept mentioning the ex. Bye fuck boi!

I get they have a contract, but the best anyone can do in this situation is pull a Keith (Iris's Keith) and power through without looking like an ass. In what world would ANY woman want Chris inside them UNPROTECTED, more than once? I give her the first night- but as we have seen from the previews, she sleeps with him multiple times. 

I have not seen a groom this unhinged on this show since S2 Ryan. I worry for Paige's safety. She really needs to pull a Heather from Miami or that dude that married Mindy, and BOLT. She would have every reason! No one would blame her. Mr "big chest" Chris seems like a ticking time bomb.

And he disappeared the next day cuz he got the pregnancy news. Obviously. That was why he turned on the waterworks. And that "fuck" he said when she was walking down the isle? It was really because he wasn't attracted to her. I initially thought production manipulation- but nope! Mr Oprah eyes just didn't like her. 

Oh and Paige, hon, a LOT of men will sleep with women they aren't attracted to. What are you 12? You're the "bottom bitch". You're the girl Chris would call at 3am when his other two preferred hookups deny him or can't be reached.

Not a christian, but if this was God's plan for Paige, she should get her head outta her ass and find another god to worship that actually likes her! Ya'll making fun of poor Jacob, and Paige on tv looking like a baby prostitute. Yeah, I went there. Nothing says Christian like near nudity. Much class! She doesn't deserve Chris that's for sure, but he is spoon feeding her dog shit and she is willingly begging for more. Known too many girls like this- no sympathy. My sympathy ran out the day after their marriage. Paige get some gumption or a backbone! She and Kate (of Luke and Kate) both make me rage. 

Rant over

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’ve seen worse.  Guys like Chris who have no respect for women, drinkers, potheads, drug users.  So Jake eats meat .. he’s going thru a phase.  Maybe Hayley can bring him out of his shell.  He’s just an introvert.  She can fix that if she is smart.  Did you see him on Unfiltered?

Well, it isn't up to Hayley to fix him, but, in his defense, he said something about trying to introduce other foods back into his diet and see how his gut can deal with them. So, he's just trying to work on a health problem and  I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Haven't read through replies yet- Trigger warning/Unpopular opinion: Not a Paige fan. Not sorry. I do not believe in victim blaming, HOWEVER- she is a grown (presumably intelligent), professional woman. How many red flags does she need to choke down before she stops staring at Chris like a starry eyed fool? Just smiling like the village idiot when he says he's not attracted to her. Something is "off" with her. I woulda checked out mentally after the ceremony after he kept mentioning the ex. Bye fuck boi!

I get they have a contract, but the best anyone can do in this situation is pull a Keith (Iris's Keith) and power through without looking like an ass. In what world would ANY woman want Chris inside them UNPROTECTED, more than once? I give her the first night- but as we have seen from the previews, she sleeps with him multiple times. 

I have not seen a groom this unhinged on this show since S2 Ryan. I worry for Paige's safety. She really needs to pull a Heather from Miami or that dude that married Mindy, and BOLT. She would have every reason! No one would blame her. Mr "big chest" Chris seems like a ticking time bomb.

And he disappeared the next day cuz he got the pregnancy news. Obviously. That was why he turned on the waterworks. And that "fuck" he said when she was walking down the isle? It was really because he wasn't attracted to her. I initially thought production manipulation- but nope! Mr Oprah eyes just didn't like her. 

Oh and Paige, hon, a LOT of men will sleep with women they aren't attracted to. What are you 12? You're the "bottom bitch". You're the girl Chris would call at 3am when his other two preferred hookups deny him or can't be reached.

Not a christian, but if this was God's plan for Paige, she should get her head outta her ass and find another god to worship that actually likes her! Ya'll making fun of poor Jacob, and Paige on tv looking like a baby prostitute. Yeah, I went there. Nothing says Christian like near nudity. Much class! She doesn't deserve Chris that's for sure, but he is spoon feeding her dog shit and she is willingly begging for more. Known too many girls like this- no sympathy. My sympathy ran out the day after their marriage. Paige get some gumption or a backbone! She and Kate (of Luke and Kate) both make me rage. 

Rant over

I love and endorse every word of this comment.  These are my feelings about Paige summed up far better than I ever could.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think the main thing is that she's young and he sees babies on the horizon.  He's gonna have to hide the wine and liquor bottles.

She doesn't want babies for a long time and he's ready now. Another great match. 

Great match #2- Clara is not religious and Ryan is.  

Great match #3- Paige and Chris. Enough said

Great match #4- Steak and eggs and Haley. She winces every time he opens his mouth. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 14

My thoughts:

Haley and Jake: First, I was glad to see her actually smile and kind of try to engage with him. As someone said upthread, he can't read the room. I feel sorry that he thinks they are on the same page and is waiting for some physical contact. It's not going to happen. They have ZERO chemistry and she is not the least bit attracted to him - or interested in his stories of his home renovation. It's great that he is proud of his home, but enough. He told his poor in-laws twice in two days and then pulled out the pictures at their meet-and-eat. I will be surprised if she even kisses him.

Briana and Vincent: I love them and love that they seem so happy with each other. Fingers crossed for this to continue and they can be the drama-free couple this season.

Erik and Virginia: He seems to be thrilled and enthralled with her and her energy. Her statements about alcohol always being a part of her life does not bode well for ever getting or staying pregnant. Another fail by the experts. But, they are having fun and both seem very happy now. We saw some problems ahead, so we'll see. I guess he is the jealous type. Funny that that is his concern instead of the drinking.

Clara and Ryan: I really like him. I haven't figured her out yet, but she seems kind of goofy and talks too much. That would freak me out to find out the first time I slept with someone that they walk and talk in their sleep!

Sigh, Chris and Paige: He is horrendous and disgusting, as is his family. The "God-ordained experts" (WHAT???) had no business trying to match him with anyone, much less refer to him as "a catch"(seriously, Dr. Pepper looked really uncomfortable seeing his behavior in those wedding scenes). So, he deserves no more space. Paige got my sympathy for the first day. I have to agree with those of you who have said that when someone is so willing to be debased, humiliated, etc. because of her faith, I have to think she is believing in the wrong thing. It's always sad when one person signs up for this for the "right reasons" and truly wants to find a match, but it is up to that person to be strong enough and have enough self-respect (which in most cases, it seems that Paige does), to refuse to be treated like he is treating her. I got sucked into Kate's story, but no more. She seems to think they can get a fresh start on their honeymoon, but the previews show what we have already known. If she continues to stay with him, then she gets no sympathy or compassion from me. From other previews we have seen where she tells Pastor Cal that she has continued to sleep with him daily, even AFTER we see what we see next week, then it's on her. (And the producers should have pulled the plug on this and gotten her out.)

• Love 12

As a Christian, I get very tired of people making their own horrible decisions (free will) and then blaming God for them.  I think this is what Paige is doing and I would rather she 'own up' and admit that she just wanted to be married so signed up for this show/"social experiment" rather than continue with "God ordained this marriage."  The other thing is accepting what someone says while their actions say otherwise.  Paige is clinging to "Chris is a God-fearing man" while his actions show that he does what he wants while mouthing words that do not necessarily manifest themselves in his life.

I did not think it possible for me to like Chris less than I did after last week's episode, but I was wrong.  I am irate at the "experts" and at Dr. Pepper stating on unfiltered that she still believed that Chris was a catch.  Chris is so very self-centered that everything is about him and his feelings while he care not one iota about Paige and her feelings.  His double standard is also way out there for all to see.  Chris has joined that rarified elite group that Luke and Amber's husband created (the I am not attracted to my wife but will have sex with her club).  I hope that all of the investors in his Subway franchise start to realize just whom they invested in and realize that there are people out there who would really work hard and be grateful for such an investment.

Jacob's humor is starting to come out and while I like his type of humor, I have doubts that Haley does.

The way that Virginia talks about how drinking will always be a part of her life really does concern me.  However, if she feels loved and accepted by Eric, maybe she will start becoming less dependent on alcohol to make her feel secure.

And finally (at least for this post), good job "experts" (this is written while dripped many times in the sarcasm sauce):

Eric wants children, Virginia does not

Ryan is religious while Clara rejects "organized" religion

Chris' engagement was only ended about 2-3 months prior to the weddings

And these are just the types of matches that have recurred throughout the series.  Just last season was the mismatch with Olivia (no children) and Brett (children) which was the basis of their mutual loathing.  When will the producers/"experts" realize that we all can see the mis-matches of the most fundamental values people hold.

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Erik and Virginia: He seems to be thrilled and enthralled with her and her energy.

They are very touchy feely with each other right now. Erik is horny. Her drinking and partying are going to get old with him quickly. Can't wait, either. Erik is still my fave. He's a bit dorky but good looking in a clean cut sexy sort of way. He's all smiley right now because he's taking it all in and wants the family to like him. I think he has a serious side to him that will come out eventually. He's not going to put up with Virginia's childish crap for long. I want to see him in uniform. Swoon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I don't have a problem with Erik bringing up his previous marriage.

I've literally seen people in here say someone that's already had a divorce would be a deal breaker for them. I've heard that or it would be a reason for pause. So, obviously it's not a so what who cares situation.

He's trying to get in front of it and relax any "red flags" it might arise. 

If they had paired Jacob and Clara my head might have exploded from all the constant yammering by now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Finally tuning into the season so I started with ep 4. Paige was desperate & nuts to tell this man's parents that they smashed. Twice. She looked crazy. If I were her, I would have packed & left the show while he was 'missing'. He's no looker but neither is she and he doesn't find her or that cheap wig attractive. Simple. Her body is tight though so of course he hit it a couple of times. Happens every day. Maybe not with strangers who signed up to marry other strangers but she should have kept her legs closed. He's a clown. Popeye is weird & a bit scary. I feel like something is a bit off with Clara's husband.  Pilot looks 44, not 34 but nice guy! His bride is cute & not ready for married life imo. The engineer is dull but kind & her hubby seems like he'd make a good pal. Chris & Paige better bring some drama..lol.

Edited by karenbrady
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Because she is married to him and is trying very hard to be a perfect wife. Sadly no matter how good she is he thinks he deserves better. She will never measure up. 

Cuz she's as horny as he is. Simple.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

They are very touchy feely with each other right now. Erik is horny. Her drinking and partying are going to get old with him quickly. Can't wait, either. Erik is still my fave. He's a bit dorky but good looking in a clean cut sexy sort of way. He's all smiley right now because he's taking it all in and wants the family to like him. I think he has a serious side to him that will come out eventually. He's not going to put up with Virginia's childish crap for long. I want to see him in uniform. Swoon!

He reminds me of Kevin Bacon for some reason, might be the voice.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Mocking Bird said:

I formed a completely different opinion of Jake after seeing him on unfiltered.  Yes, he's extremely low-key and quiet, but also very kind, gracious and witty.  Jake also looked a lot better with his hair a bit longer and his early grays soften his features.  I believe Haley is the real dud in that relationship.  I haven't heard her reveal one interesting thing about herself.  She isn't playful or sweet.  She seems to be very stodgy, inflexible and set in her ways.

Same here- Unfiltered was a game changer, & made me think him being stuck with Haley is the real crime here. She seems vapid to me right now, but it's early. I'll form more of an opinion on her as the season wears on, & it will be helpful to see her on Unfiltered as well.

53 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

As a Christian, I get very tired of people making their own horrible decisions (free will) and then blaming God for them.  I think this is what Paige is doing and I would rather she 'own up' and admit that she just wanted to be married so signed up for this show/"social experiment" rather than continue with "God ordained this marriage."  The other thing is accepting what someone says while their actions say otherwise.  Paige is clinging to "Chris is a God-fearing man" while his actions show that he does what he wants while mouthing words that do not necessarily manifest themselves in his life.

(sigh) I have serious concerns about someone who thinks God would "ordain" or bless this kind of thing, TBH. She does need to own it & realize maybe there's a lesson for her in here somewhere.

She handled herself well on Unfiltered, & even mentioned Chris probably having trauma in his background causing this behavior.

1 hour ago, Mocking Bird said:

I've lost all respect for Paige and don't have an ounce of sympathy for her situation.  Sleeping with Chris the first night when there were already more waving flags than the Biden inauguration is one thing, but not bolting immediately after being told by Chris that she's so unattractive to him that it gave him a panic attack was the end.  She really has no self respect or pride if that's the treatment she'll accept.  I am embarrassed for her.

There's just something not right about Paige.  I find her affect odd.  I find her constant yammering about, and reliance on, her match being "Godly" and "ordained" extremely peculiar and that is not meant as a dig against religion.  There is some damage somewhere and that's just a shame as she ("on paper", ugh) seems to have so much going for her and she has such wonderful friends!

I've thought the same; even had some actress vibes going on with her TBH.  She's way too over-the-top with the "God ordained this" talk. That 'dress' she (kind of) wears on Unfiltered looks like she's advertising herself.

Brianna's support of Vincent was great, but getting on his lap at that moment was a bit much. Hope his grandma was okay. Brianna needs to quit the baby voice - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Clara is being very 'extra' sometimes but I think she's hyper aware of the cameras.

Ryan has a great laugh, almost villainous. 😈

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mocking Bird said:

I agree with you on everything, especially Jake & Haley.  He’s talking .. he’s trying.  I don’t see her doing anything.  If I were her, I would put my arms around him and give him a great big hug and kiss and get the ball rolling.  I happen to love a tall guy with a good body.  She’s too stiff and maybe thinks she’s better than him.  Not so.  Men are easy .. they need attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I love and endorse every word of this comment.  These are my feelings about Paige summed up far better than I ever could.

Loved, loved, loved your post too.  Everything was spot on.  Bravo !

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cinsaysit said:

And, could somebody tell Paige that her unfiltered outfit is pretty trashy looking with her hanging out of her barely there dress.

It was probably a bit sexy for the occasion, but I thought she looked great.  After her attractiveness being the topic of discussion on the show, I get why she went all out for Unfiltered.    She looked so much prettier on Unfiltered than she did at her wedding.  The wig, makeup and lashes were too much.  

I formed a completely different opinion of Jake after seeing him on unfiltered.  Yes, he's extremely low-key and quiet, but also very kind, gracious and witty.  Jake also looked a lot better with his hair a bit longer and his early grays soften his features.  I believe Haley is the real dud in that relationship.  I haven't heard her reveal one interesting thing about herself.  She isn't playful or sweet.  She seems to be very stodgy, inflexible and set in her ways.

Haley is reminding me of Olivia from last season.   She's probably a perfectly decent person, but her rigid view of what a relationship should be, will be what keeps the relationship from working.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, VAMom said:

He reminds me of Kevin Bacon for some reason, might be the voice.

Pilots make me swoon, Doctors in a good suit make me swoon.  A man in a nice suit n tie, a nice watch and nice cologne .. yikes.  I’m theirs.   At my age, and being married a very long time, I wish I could do it all over again.  The best time in your life.  I wouldn’t do it this way tho.  I believe love in first sight and meeting someone first.  These people are taking a gamble tho, so things are way different.  If they go on this show, they should not complain.  You went on, now suck it up and try and make the best of it.  Nobody twisted your arm. P.s.  what did Haily mean when she said she was single for six years?  Did she mean a boyfriend or what?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Chris is the biggest gaslighting PoS I've ever seen on this show, apart, perhaps, from S2 Ryan.  He's immature, vain ("big chest", as he unbuttons his shirt to reveal his dad-bod torso), selfish and cruel. I feel so sorry for Paige but he's now shown himself to be exactly who he is, and if she stays, it's on her.

Vincent and Brianna are this season's Woody and Amani. Both intelligent and mature, attracted to each other and working out honest communication. I have high hopes for them.

Haley is already over Jacob. When she's talking through a clenched jaw about being "open-minded", it's too late. He is annoying AF, but maybe that's nerves. It seems to me he's just a little too set in his ways for the compromise this experiment needs.

I really like Erik and I think Virginia does too. I liked his response when she was talking about being a party girl and he said "but you got married". I think he'll be a calming influence on her and she'll help him to cut loose a little. I think the drinking is a storyline edit.

I have high hopes for Clara and Ryan. In the early episodes, she was talking about she was done and done with dating. I got the impression that she's been let down so many times by fuckboys who messed with her head, scrambled her emotions and ripped her heart to bits.  She wants a good man, someone unafraid to make a commitment. I think Ryan is exactly what she needs. I think she'll calm down once she knows he's in it for the long haul. I think he has the patience to handle her and the strength to not let her walk all over him.

Chris can just DIAF as far as I'm concerned. The experts should be ashamed of themselves for casting him.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Same here- Unfiltered was a game changer, & made me think him being stuck with Haley is the real crime here. She seems vapid to me right now, but it's early. I'll form more of an opinion on her as the season wears on, & it will be helpful to see her on Unfiltered as well.

(sigh) I have serious concerns about someone who thinks God would "ordain" or bless this kind of thing, TBH. She does need to own it & realize maybe there's a lesson for her in here somewhere.

She handled herself well on Unfiltered, & even mentioned Chris probably having trauma in his background causing this behavior.

I've thought the same; even had some actress vibes going on with her TBH.  She's way too over-the-top with the "God ordained this" talk. That 'dress' she (kind of) wears on Unfiltered looks like she's advertising herself.

Brianna's support of Vincent was great, but getting on his lap at that moment was a bit much. Hope his grandma was okay. Brianna needs to quit the baby voice - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Clara is being very 'extra' sometimes but I think she's hyper aware of the cameras.

Ryan has a great laugh, almost villainous. 😈

What’s with Ryan?  She’s doing all the talking.  I don’t think he’s interested in her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ShowFan said:

How is everyone drinking champagne at night after the wedding after drinking it all day?? Don’t they get sick from it? I love champagne but after a glass or two, that’s it. Bring the cold water! 

Yeah, look it up. We aren’t supposed to discuss it in this thread

Bobby Dodd???  Give a hint.  Bobby and Danielle are one of my liked couples!

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What’s with Ryan?  She’s doing all the talking.  I don’t think he’s interested in her.

I think it's edited to make us think she can't stop talking & he's overwhelmed. A bit of this might be true but I feel it's being exaggerated, possibly along with the spiritual issues, because they might not have much to create drama with this couple (hopefully).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MyTwoCents said:

Me either. Big Fat Lie! He has no thoughts beyond himself and his own gratification. And no shame.

yeah, i mean, he hadn't masturbated for 3 whole days!!! such saintly willpower. He must have been going crazy

what an ass

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Wait; what?! What went down with Ricky Bobby?! NM; I will Google!

Are we talking about Bobby who married the girl that wanted everything and he gave it to her.  A new bigger house, two children?  The guy that just adores her?  That Bobby?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't watch Unfiltered because I'm scared of seeing Jamie O's lady parts, but I'll have to watch this episode to see if my opinion of Jacob changes.  So far, I think he's a dud. 

Yes, I need to go watch it too. It conflicts with Jeopardy which is why I usually miss it. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think it's edited to make us think she can't stop talking & he's overwhelmed. A bit of this might be true but I feel it's being exaggerated

I do think Clara is a talker (she talked a lot with the women too), but I don't think Ryan's that pressed about it.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Since no one has mentioned this, I will. Another big fuckup by the “experts” is matching Ryan, whose parents are both ministers, and to whom religion is very important, with a spouse who states she has problems with organized religion and hasn’t been to church in years. This would really piss me off and would be a deal breaker for me, and does NOT equate to a good match. If religion is truly important to one and not the other, it causes problems. 

And did anybody else notice Chris, when he was getting out of his wedding clothes, saying “My chest is soooooo big!” What a putz!

Bird chest. I rolled my eyes.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, I need to go watch it too. It conflicts with Jeopardy which is why I usually miss it. 

Tape it then.  Watch the next day.  If Jake was such a nerd, they wouldn’t have put him on Unfiltered right away.  He talked very nice .. wasn’t shy.  Very calm and respectful.  Paige on the other hand had a red dress on with a V down to her stomach, and dress up her whole thigh.  Looked like a slut.  Religious my ass.  I don’t think Unfiltered is on demand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I always wondered how far away from the actual episode the Unfiltered show was shot and last night I heard Jamie say something about two weeks. I had wondered if it was done after all of the shows, but now I don't think so. Paige still sounded hopeful. And I agree with everyone who said that she looked cheap and tacky. Jake was nice. I haven't watched for a long time because of Jamie O, but since she is dressed now, I gave it a shot. And no more Lady Godiva extensions, either. Made it much more watchable.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't watch Unfiltered because I'm scared of seeing Jamie O's lady parts, but I'll have to watch this episode to see if my opinion of Jacob changes.  So far, I think he's a dud. 

No lady parts showing, only a matronly blue lace dress and her usual old beige heels.  Oh, and matronly hairdo.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Tape it then.  Watch the next day.  If Jake was such a nerd, they wouldn’t have put him on Unfiltered right away.  He talked very nice .. wasn’t shy.  Very calm and respectful.  Paige on the other hand had a red dress on with a V down to her stomach, and dress up her whole thigh.  Looked like a slut.  Religious my ass.  I don’t think Unfiltered is on demand.

I don’t have DVR and cannot tape. I have the TLC app which does have these shows on Demand. 
I need to go see Paige in their dress. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Uh-oh. Carefree Virginia isn't keen on kids right now. 

😬 Poor Erik. Kids are the best (biased opinion here!!). They drive me nuts & I love it.  If I could've had mine at 26, I'd have been a happy and more energetic mommy (speaking for daddy, too). Ayyy these "experts" are to blame, not the person's choice.  There are many women out there who would match with Erik. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 6

There was also that scene with Paige and Chris in the hallway where he insisted that he hadn't been disrespectful to her and she said something like, "In your eyes you weren't." He basically brushed her off. Just the act of abandoning her at breakfast is disrespectful. I kept wondering why she was sitting there looking pitiful and not ordering room service. Production must have forced her to wait for him to come back. I'd have ordered an huge meal FOR ONE. 

• Love 17

I swear, Chris could say he shot a man in Reno (Las Vegas) just to watch him die and his parents would find a reason to excuse his behavior and exult him for being a “god fearing man”. Let’s just hope Paige won’t go down this path for much longer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Since no one has mentioned this, I will. Another big fuckup by the “experts” is matching Ryan, whose parents are both ministers, and to whom religion is very important, with a spouse who states she has problems with organized religion and hasn’t been to church in years. This would really piss me off and would be a deal breaker for me, and does NOT equate to a good match. If religion is truly important to one and not the other, it causes problems. 

And did anybody else notice Chris, when he was getting out of his wedding clothes, saying “My chest is soooooo big!” What a putz!

I said this exactly a couple episodes ago when it was revealed that Ryan came from a religious background. I wonder what goes on with Clara though after hearing her stating that she "went to Bible college for a year" (what!) and then "quit school and never went back to church"? Huh? Her parents seem somewhat conservative and traditional too though so it seems she was raised with it but doesn't practice anymore. But I agree - this is a big issue and not something that can be compromised on in some cases depending on the person. Another great job from our "experts"!

Nothing to add about how horrible Chris is but that chest comment earned a huge guffaw from both myself and my husband. I waited to see if he was joking, but no he was serious! Much like his erroneous comment about being the best looking in the room, he's not the fittest either! I think that goes to Ryan or Jacob. I also loved him listing all of his wonderful personality qualities: "I'm dope, smooth, charismatic".....sweet Jesus, this is the biggest asshole in the history of the show. Who talks like that?????

I have secondhand embarrassment for Paige. Why oh why did she have sex with him? TWICE!!!!!! I might be wrong, but in the history of this show, I don't think there is a single couple who had sex on their wedding night who stayed married. I now wonder what is wrong with her that she felt this was the right call. It was not.

I freaking love Eric. What a grown up. I liked that he just tackled his divorce baggage head on with no drama. Virginia looked 100 times better without that horrid eye shadow!

Jake and Haley. Not gonna happen. He has a quiet sense of humor I quite like, but someone needs to tell Jake that nobody cares about his house..........

Briana and Vincent are the superstar couple this season. So sweet. And thank God, because it's going to be the Chris Williams Train Wreck Show from here on out otherwise........

I know this was filmed during the pandemic, but Vegas? What is this - Season 2????? Vegas is so low rent!

• Love 14
20 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Erik is the Smiling Divorced Pilot. 

Erik reminds me of Peter the Pilot on The Bachelor.

19 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Haley's mother's polite-but-clearly-bored-AF smile as Jacob is yammering on about his house had me howling.

Intercut with the scene of him yammering on about it to her the day before.

3 hours ago, HZAnita said:

I. Just. Can't.  I had to give myself some time before posting because last night was absolutely horrific to watch - starting with Unfiltered.

I don't know how Dr. Pepper can sit next to Paige and watch her literally melt into her seat as she watched that clip of her "husband" telling her friends that she wasn't a "trophy wife." 

I didn't see Unfiltered, but this changes my opinion of her friends.  At the reception, they seemed to grill Chris pretty good, and they said some vague things to her, which I thought was appropriate for the setting.  But apparently they didn't ever tell her any of the troubling things he'd told them.  Not cool.

Paige....God did not do this to you.  The television show and its panel of producers, casting, and faux-experts did this. God is probably that little voice in your ear saying, "RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!"

That's my issue with claiming things are God's will.  Which is it? 

And if she doesn't have a massive crisis of faith after this, she's more hopeless than I thought.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I said this exactly a couple episodes ago when it was revealed that Ryan came from a religious background. I wonder what goes on with Clara though after hearing her stating that she "went to Bible college for a year" (what!) and then "quit school and never went back to church"? Huh? Her parents seem somewhat conservative and traditional too though so it seems she was raised with it but doesn't practice anymore. But I agree - this is a big issue and not something that can be compromised on in some cases depending on the person. Another great job from our "experts"!

Nothing to add about how horrible Chris is but that chest comment earned a huge guffaw from both myself and my husband. I waited to see if he was joking, but no he was serious! Much like his erroneous comment about being the best looking in the room, he's not the fittest either! I think that goes to Ryan or Jacob. I also loved him listing all of his wonderful personality qualities: "I'm dope, smooth, charismatic".....sweet Jesus, this is the biggest asshole in the history of the show. Who talks like that?????

I have secondhand embarrassment for Paige. Why oh why did she have sex with him? TWICE!!!!!! I might be wrong, but in the history of this show, I don't think there is a single couple who had sex on their wedding night who stayed married. I now wonder what is wrong with her that she felt this was the right call. It was not.

I freaking love Eric. What a grown up. I liked that he just tackled his divorce baggage head on with no drama. Virginia looked 100 times better without that horrid eye shadow!

Jake and Haley. Not gonna happen. He has a quiet sense of humor I quite like, but someone needs to tell Jake that nobody cares about his house..........

Briana and Vincent are the superstar couple this season. So sweet. And thank God, because it's going to be the Chris Williams Train Wreck Show from here on out otherwise........

I know this was filmed during the pandemic, but Vegas? What is this - Season 2????? Vegas is so low rent!

Lmaooooo @ 'but someone needs to tell Jake that nobody cares about his house..........'. Or his steak, eggs, or gut health. I agree with another poster that Vegas was open for biz most likely. Just like I was surprised they were filming  in Atlanta again but unfortunately we never really shut down here.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

It’s clear that Chris has never been checked in his entire life.  He is long overdue for a good take-down. 

I'm beginning to suspect that much of his life has already been "a good take-down."  Anyone who incessantly defines himself as "swag; dope, charismatic," etc. seems suspiciously LOW on self-esteem.  Like in:  "Heck!  If I don't tell you how transcendent and masterly I am, then who will?!!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Calling all Armchair Psychologists: I had a coworker who was going through a divorce, they had tried couples therapy but the therapist wouldn’t counsel them because she diagnosed her husband is a narcissist. The therapist didn’t treat narcissists because she thought them incurable and unwilling to change.  My co worker had been married five years and the husband “worked” from home, but come to find out he never really even had a real job! Just invested in MLM and lost money. He was always trying to start up businesses, because had to be the boss. Even when they built their house, he fired the contractor so we could be “head contractor”. Zero experience btw. The therapist said this was a hallmark of a narcissist.

In your guy’s opinion, do you think Chris is a narcissist? Because it seems like he hasn’t held a steady job as an employee, he just keeps opening and starting businesses trying to upstart his “empire”. I bet he will never hold a steady job in his life or accumulate any wealth. He just reminded me so much of my coworkers ex-husband! Always having to be the boss, never actually starting at the bottom and working his way up because it was beneath them.

And total cringe in that scene where he’s taking his shirt off, bragging about his big chest, I noticed he didn’t take his eyes off the mirror staring at himself, to even look at Paige. And the poor girl is just drooling all over him. I shudder to watch it. Narcissist? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
42 minutes ago, Cammi said:

do you think Chris is a narcissist?

Yep. He's also a misogynist. A lovely combination. I read someplace that Chris was recruited for the show (I am sure based on his resume and being a "successful" entrepreneur). If that is true, did he still have to go through panels and interviews or do they just pass "go" and go directly to the matching?

• Useful 2
  • Love 10