Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Romance or Regret

• Start Topic

On 2/3/2021 at 5:46 PM, pwdrpuff said:

I’m usually just a reader, never post, but Chris is such a POS and will probably be a victim of domestic violence, once he meets “the right” lady.  

I feel like there is a Waiting to Exhale moment waiting for him. sometime soon

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

ETA: I wonder if Paige has had so many boyfriends partners that were with her just because she's very open and adventurous in bed, but weren't really there for a long-term type of relationship.  I've gotten that impression.  She may think that she can turn Chris with her horizontal party tricks.  

I think you're spot on.  Also, I think Paige has used her ass--excuse me, azz--as her main attraction, instead of choosing guys who were interested in her other qualities besides her body. 

• Love 2
On 2/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, Ms.C. said:

Yes. Agree that is an issue. An important question that should have been asked before matching.  Or have been on questionnaire.   Clara came from family of preachers didn’t she?  

I might have missed evidence to the contrary, but i didn't get the sense Clara was hostile towards organized religion.  I could see her as being accepting of it in her partner even if that's not her thing

• Love 3

Show of hands, how many of you, if a guy told you he wasn’t attracted to you, after he hit it twice, would keep giving it up for him? Just me? 
She needs some self respect.  She’s going to keep boinking him until he finds her attractive? Maybe sex has been her mo for keeping guys interested in the past? I have a hard time reconciling this with her insistence that “It’s all in God’s plans” because it absolves her from any agency in making better decisions. 
Chris is a piece of human trash, but come on, girl, do better!

• Love 17

I might be alone on an island here but I see Haley as the "problem" in her relationship with Jake.  Jake is not the most emotive dude but I get the sense once he feels comfortable with someone he opens up.  Haley might not be willing to wait around to unlock that box.  She seems frustrated that he is not immediately reacting to her charms.  As a bear who takes time to warm up to people i definitely sympathize with Jake even though I am sick of hearing about his remodel

• Love 13
On 2/4/2021 at 6:27 AM, Empress1 said:

Introversion doesn’t need to be fixed. If Jake wants to come out of his shell, Haley might be able to bring that out, but I don’t really see anything that indicates that he has a problem with the way he is (nor should he). I think he’s kind of dull, but he also has a life he seems to like - he seems to genuinely like fixing up his house, he has a good job, good friends. If Haley needs someone more outgoing (and I think she does), they should have paired her with someone more outgoing.

I just posted something similar to this.  You did it way better than I did.  I definitely have Jake like tendencies... I have also dated a bunch of Haleys who left feeling frustrated

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think you're spot on.  Also, I think Paige has used her ass--excuse me, azz--as her main attraction, instead of choosing guys who were interested in her other qualities besides her body. 

Well, God gave her that azz, you know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, Ilovepie said:

I also loved him listing all of his wonderful personality qualities: "I'm dope, smooth, charismatic".....sweet Jesus, this is the biggest asshole in the history of the show. Who talks like that?????

And remember, he had said on an earlier episode that he used to have a big ego, but doesn't anymore!

On 2/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, ShowFan said:

Same observation - the grandmother looks younger. The mother looks like a heavy smoker, which is gross

I thought Erik's mother could easily have been Virginia's mother.  And I don't know which of the two women was Chris's mom, but the darker-skinned woman looked like she could easily have been Paige's mother.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:02 AM, Flip Flops said:

Did Chris have lunch with Paige’s parents? That’s the one I wanted to see.

It made me wonder if somehow, after the season had finished filming, and whatever sh*t happened with Chris had occurred, that somehow Paige's parents revoked permission (or something like that) to have that portion aired.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:30 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m glad Chris’s dad checked him on having sex with her and didn’t want her to get hurt but then totally swallowed Chris’ rationale that he needed to tap that ass to see if he could become attracted to her, and now he’s the one crying?

Here's the part that none of them called him on.  Let's say that he really did want to try to develop a bond/attraction through sex.  That would only explain having done it the first time.  When that didn't work, it wasn't magically going to work the second time.  

And maybe it was edited out from earlier in their talking, but basically when they were having that conversation on the bed, it was as though they were just going to pretend to start over from there on out, without actually dealing with the ramifications of what he said.  Paige seemed like she was trying to be a bit seductive, and I just couldn't fathom that.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

And I don't know which of the two women was Chris's mom, but the darker-skinned woman looked like she could easily have been Paige's mother.

Chris' mom was the woman in the yellow dress who side eyed her balloon husband as he was lecherously coached his DIL to be the sexual welcome wagon for his son when he comes home from a hard day of entrepreneuring...very grossly inappropriate.

Mom Williams then with dead eyes said don't withholding sex for months as a way of punishing Chris...

Sex was reward and punishment in the Williams household....need to shower now....

• Love 4

Jake messed up the flora and fauna in his gut by the steak and eggs only for years...now he is having micro biome tests to see what went wrong....

Um...I’m no doctor but pounding your colon with 2 pounds of steak for lunch probably stresses your food tube....

Jake is on a loop....my house...my sauna...my beach..my full gym...steak...eggs...my house...my sauna...my beach...my full gym

The boxers with the neon triangles killed any sexual feelings from Haley.

T shirts with words went out of style for adults 10 years ago...Jake you are not seducing Haley with all your sophomoric humor...

Alexia, make Jake shut up.....

Clara chatters and chatters and blathers....Ryan is gonna need earmuffs living in Clara’s World

Chris is just gross.

Paige’s forgiveness and patience is unearned, undeserved by Chris....and blowing up in her face.

Casting Chris is one of UGLIEST moments of the show....even pales to having Luke...Michael....Zach...Sean...Ryan stinking up our teevee screens....

• Love 4

VA is telling Erik exactly who she is...and he can’t hear it through his infatuation and excitement which is great until she is out partying all night and he is home waiting for her to talk about the different options of health plans.....

VA is very fidgety and self medicates with alcohol until her anxiety level tapers off...

Erik can’t make her cut back without seeming to parent her....Let’s see what kind of edit Erik gets....

Mandalay Bay did MAFS right by the huge suites..good marketing and publicity...

However, the best accommodations is still having the river outside Benmelia’s room..just perfect for them to dive right in....

• Love 6
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

VA is telling Erik exactly who she is...and he can’t hear it through his infatuation and excitement which is great until she is out partying all night and he is home waiting for her to talk about the different options of health plans.....

VA is very fidgety and self medicates with alcohol until her anxiety level tapers off...

Erik can’t make her cut back without seeming to parent her....Let’s see what kind of edit Erik gets....

However, the best accommodations is still having the river outside Benmelia’s room..just perfect for them to dive right in....

Its okay but I agree that last year's honeymoon hotel was amazing but I understand that they can only do what they can do because of Covid.

On 2/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, KateHearts said:

Also what's with his extreme vocal fry?

I think of it as "almost vocal fry" because it's every word and not just some words, and doesn't have the annoying downward inflection at the end, but yeah, it drives me crazy.  I find myself wanting to clear my throat whenever he speaks.

Heh--clear my throat or throw up whenever he speaks.  It's a battle.

17 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Here's the part that none of them called him on.  Let's say that he really did want to try to develop a bond/attraction through sex.  That would only explain having done it the first time.  When that didn't work, it wasn't magically going to work the second time. 

But it might have worked over time.  At least that's what I would argue if I were him and wanted to keep at it.

However, I find myself thinking that Paige may have been wrong to bring it up to his parents.  I was cheering when she was doing it, but in retrospect, it was more like she was tattling on him.  Unfortunately, the waters are muddied by his father being such a creep in bringing up sex when he first met her (and his delivery--OMG), so maybe she had the impression his family was just one big sex discussion.  But seems to me it's the sort of thing you want to be pretty sure about before diving in to a discussion of your sex life with your partner's parents.  And there's still the tattling angle.  Because, really, what sort of resolution was she hoping to get from them?  Getting it off her chest?  Great, but maybe not to them.  Then again, maybe she was just in shock and wasn't thinking clearly.  I know I was in shock, and I wasn't even there.

But Chris's anger at her talking to her friends about it?  Completely misplaced.  But maybe he was lumping it all into one big ball of indiscretion, or he was just as in shock as she was?

What a mess.  But it looked like from the "next time on" that they continue to have not only sex, but unprotected sex.  How the hell am I supposed to root for Paige in that situation?

23 hours ago, JLaw said:

I might have missed evidence to the contrary, but i didn't get the sense Clara was hostile towards organized religion.  I could see her as being accepting of it in her partner even if that's not her thing

Perhaps, but then you bring kids into the equation, and she said something about not having had a choice about religion when she was growing up, and it didn't sound like she was endorsing that approach.  So it won't be just a matter of accepting it in her partner (which I agree can be done).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I did notice the breakfast seemed to be carryout rather then the regular room service.  So there's that!

POS Chris used the excuse he went downstairs to get brekky menus for them when he went MIA for 2 hours on Paige.

His excuse was he was having a panic attack...I think he was having breakfast....alone.

I didn't see him bringing her a breakfast sandwich when he finally reappeared...

Wished a bear had attacked him in the elevator....

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I did notice the breakfast seemed to be carryout rather then the regular room service.  So there's that!

I don’t know about Vegas but in all of the hotels that I’ve been in, they have cancelled room service and hot breakfast. Any breakfast has been a brown bag with a piece of fruit, a muffin, and a small bottle of water. If they offer anything. This is probably bc they don’t let workers come in guests’ rooms when they are there, not even housekeeping. I’ve been told at every hotel that I can call for towels but I wouldn’t get housekeeping during my stay.

Edited by scruffy73
Added info
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, JLaw said:

I feel like there is a Waiting to Exhale moment waiting for him. sometime soon

“Take your shit. Take your shit.” —said Angela Bassett before she sold then burned up she shit he left behind. My favorite line of the movie. 

• Love 4

There is literally NOTHING God fearing or Christian about Chris. He’s a fake Christian. No true Christian is that full of themself. He’s a disgrace. His father is so full of it too. Are they actors??? Run Paige!

Also, Jake is the most socially awkward human being I’ve ever seen on reality tv. What the heck were they thinking matching him up with someone???

• Love 8
23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I wanted to post about her figetiness from the begining but I thought I would be shut down, there is something going on with either her lack of or too much medication using booze and the need to be out being wild and crazy.  He may hold her hair back while she pukes and help her thru her hangovers but how long will Erik stick around, that sort of stuff gets old fast.  Will Erik ask why her last relationship ended and will the answer be the constant need to drink?

On the subject of Paige, I think Ble$$ed's parents know he his no prize but she played her hand too soon with them...she should have painted a rosy picture and given the situation enough time to let Chris be in an awkward position of trying to explain things, Paige should put the owness on him, we have seen him fake cry and get sympathy which he has not earned from just being an asshole.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, Kira53 said:
On 2/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Empress1 said:

In Paige's shoes, I would not have told Chris's parents about the sex.

She shouldn't be ashamed about how he treated her.  She shouldn't live a lie.  He was going to box her in to feel sorry for him and hide the truth.

I think she was kind of in shock, they had sex twice, then he drops that bomb on her.  I think she just needed to talk to someone, and they were there.

I got mad at Chris for a lot, but one part was him going on about her sharing his sex life with people.  It's not like she probably gave them details of what they did, and it's about what he said after.  But he's trying to deflect and put her on the defensive.

7 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

There is literally NOTHING God fearing or Christian about Chris. He’s a fake Christian. No true Christian is that full of themself. He’s a disgrace. His father is so full of it too. Are they actors??? Run Paige!

COMPLETELY agree.  This is a man who uses "#Ble$$ed".  Who became an ordained minister but quit because there wasn't enough money it it.

19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

POS Chris used the excuse he went downstairs to get brekky menus for them when he went MIA for 2 hours on Paige.

His excuse was he was having a panic attack...I think he was having breakfast....alone.

I think he was dealing with a call from his ex telling him she is pregnant, and it's his...

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

POS Chris was crying croc tears for himself being stuck for 8 weeks with a woman he can’t prance around like a show pony.

Paige has matched and even surpassed him in professional and academic accomplishments...wonder if her successes are part of the lack of attractiveness on his part.

POS Chris doesn’t like that he isn’t being fawned over and puffed up by his parents but for the first time chastised for his selfish behavior and petulance.

After being married less than 24 hours, Paige had adult consensual but not entirely informed sexy time twice.

Every time past the 2 is now on her trying to make a connection with POS Chris...apparently he is 100% attracted to her lady parts but not her face and overall looks.

Wonder how many days into the marriage before Paige’s “daily sex, no protection”face to face chat with Cal?

Meanwhile the baby bomb will be employed....

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Paige has matched and even surpassed him in professional and academic accomplishments...wonder if her successes are part of the lack of attractiveness on his part.

Interesting point.  That would fit with what they have shown us about him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lh25 said:

wonder if her successes are part of the lack of attractiveness on his part.

He was clearly not attracted to her the minute he saw her, so her accomplishments didn't do that. I am guessing that the fact that she is successful and accomplished has made it easier for him to not like her and feel sorry for himself, but the lack of attraction was already done.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Airy2021 said:

Also, Jake is the most socially awkward human being I’ve ever seen on reality tv. What the heck were they thinking matching him up with someone???

I would still put Henry above Jake in the socially awkward category.

• Love 5
On 2/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, lh25 said:

I think he was dealing with a call from his ex telling him she is pregnant, and it's his...

And in discussions with the producers after said phone call to see how he could get out of his marriage to Paige and finding out he couldn't, which led to the tears and panic...

• Love 4
On 2/8/2021 at 10:07 AM, lh25 said:

COMPLETELY agree.  This is a man who uses "#Ble$$ed".  Who became an ordained minister but quit because there wasn't enough money it it.

I'm guessing he was "ordained" in a fashion similar to that of Joey Tribbiani 😄 

• LOL 2
On 2/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, seacliffsal said:

As a Christian, I get very tired of people making their own horrible decisions (free will) and then blaming God for them.  I think this is what Paige is doing and I would rather she 'own up' and admit that she just wanted to be married so signed up for this show/"social experiment" rather than continue with "God ordained this marriage."  The other thing is accepting what someone says while their actions say otherwise.  Paige is clinging to "Chris is a God-fearing man" while his actions show that he does what he wants while mouthing words that do not necessarily manifest themselves in his life.

I did not think it possible for me to like Chris less than I did after last week's episode, but I was wrong.  I am irate at the "experts" and at Dr. Pepper stating on unfiltered that she still believed that Chris was a catch.  Chris is so very self-centered that everything is about him and his feelings while he care not one iota about Paige and her feelings.  His double standard is also way out there for all to see.  Chris has joined that rarified elite group that Luke and Amber's husband created (the I am not attracted to my wife but will have sex with her club).  I hope that all of the investors in his Subway franchise start to realize just whom they invested in and realize that there are people out there who would really work hard and be grateful for such an investment.

Jacob's humor is starting to come out and while I like his type of humor, I have doubts that Haley does.

The way that Virginia talks about how drinking will always be a part of her life really does concern me.  However, if she feels loved and accepted by Eric, maybe she will start becoming less dependent on alcohol to make her feel secure.

And finally (at least for this post), good job "experts" (this is written while dripped many times in the sarcasm sauce):

Eric wants children, Virginia does not

Ryan is religious while Clara rejects "organized" religion

Chris' engagement was only ended about 2-3 months prior to the weddings

And these are just the types of matches that have recurred throughout the series.  Just last season was the mismatch with Olivia (no children) and Brett (children) which was the basis of their mutual loathing.  When will the producers/"experts" realize that we all can see the mis-matches of the most fundamental values people hold. I

My post just disappeared into thin air. WTF?

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Did you hit the send reply button. I sometimes write a post and don’t do that by accident. Try hitting the reply and see if it shows up. 

Ok .. nothing.  That happens a lot I notice.  Don’t know why.

Edited by Silver Bells