Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Romance or Regret

• Start Topic

I don't know about the rest of this season's couples but Chris and Paige are already painful to watch. I'm hoping Briana and Vincent will make it. I'm not sure about the rest of them of them will at this point. Jacob, he talks a lot... with the passion of a robot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

WOW .. if Chris was my husband, had sex with me twice, then told me he wasn’t attracted to me, I would have been out the door and went home.  There’s not one thing nice about him.  He is a spoiled child.

I LOVE Jake.  He’s a gentleman.  He was nice on unfiltered, polite and intelligent.  I think he may win her over.

Virginia still didn’t have enough good times.  I think there will be trouble when he’s away for four days.

The rest .. eh !

Vegas?  I wouldn’t choose that for a honeymoon place.  A tropical place is more romantic.  Vegas is when you’re married awhile and husband gambles and you go shopping in their shops.  Lol.

• Love 21

Virginia's drinking will doom her relationship with Erik. Or her male friends and Erik's jealousy (because  you know they are part of her drinking gang).

That bomb dropped on Paige? Ten bucks says (hey, it's Vegas, baby!) it's Chris's Baby Mama.

Vincent is the Latino Ricky Bobby!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

.  I think he may win her over.

Oddly enough I’m starting to think that they will too. Respect goes a long way. 

2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Vegas?

I think their choices were limited due to Covid. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

I already know because I read spoilers about what will go down with Chris and Paige next week. He’ll cry of course. She, unfortunately, will probably not walk because she thinks God wants them to be together. *sigh*. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I always feel sorry for the cleaners who have to clean up all the flower petals that end up on the floor. 

They also stain the bedsheets. I fell for that trap once many years ago...never again! We always carefully remove the petals before getting in bed

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Ryan has a nice butt. I'm not even a butt girl

Me too!! Exact same reaction!

6 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Vincent is the Latino Ricky Bobby!

No way. Ricky Bobby is a piece of shit

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm beginning to think she's just as delusional as Chris.  

She has to be. This whole godly thing is creepy as hell. God didn’t match you with that slimeball. A reality show did, for the ratings. 

1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

She looks younger with his mother.

Same observation - the grandmother looks younger. The mother looks like a heavy smoker, which is gross

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ShowFan said:

I find Jake absolutely repulsive on every level. The red meat obsession is disgusting. That’s suffering animals you douche. 

I fear, then, that you would find all the others "repulsive" as well, unless there are undeclared vegetarians  amongst them. 

I speak as one who swore off beef decades ago. 

1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

I’m sure and I respect that (I take COVID really seriously, have from the start) but I would be so disappointed. I hate the desert. At least send me to a domestic beach.

I’m wondering if Virginia is less of a party girl and more dependent on alcohol. Watching her pound what looked like at least a double shot of straight whiskey had my eyebrows up, and all she wants to do is drink - I don’t think she can conceive of having fun without drinking.

Or life without drinking. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I fear, then, that you would find all the others "repulsive" as well, unless there are undeclared vegetarians  amongst them.

He is over the top. I’m accepting of people eating red meat. He just acts like his whole life centers on eating killed animals and lifting. The hairy chest, the unhealthy food, the greasiness ...just gross. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

They also stain the bedsheets. I fell for that trap once many years ago...never again! We always carefully remove the petals before getting in bed

Me too!! Exact same reaction!

No way. Ricky Bobby is a piece of shit

Wait; what?! What went down with Ricky Bobby?! NM; I will Google!

• Love 4

How is everyone drinking champagne at night after the wedding after drinking it all day?? Don’t they get sick from it? I love champagne but after a glass or two, that’s it. Bring the cold water! 

1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Wait; what?! What went down with Ricky Bobby?! NM; I will Google!

Yeah, look it up. We aren’t supposed to discuss it in this thread

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I don’t want to hear anyone talk about their diet 24/7 and certainly not within the first 24 hours unless they have a severe food allergy. 
I’ve never been to Vegas because (gestures to all of this)

Paige bringing God into why she stays with him is making me stabby and I’m a believer, but God is like, “girl, don’t bring me into this!” 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, ShowFan said:

He is over the top. I’m accepting of people eating red meat. He just acts like his whole life centers on eating killed animals and lifting. The hairy chest, the unhealthy food, the greasiness ...just gross. 

But neither steak nor eggs are "unhealthy."  

I prefer a hairy male chest. Like "Magnum, P.I." Yowzah! 

No accounting for taste!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Whoo boy, Chris’s parents don’t like even the slightest hint of criticisms of their baby boy.  

I think his mom is on to him and she’s on to his dad as well.  She flashes looks but doesn’t say to much.  She hasn’t made excuses for him as i recall. 

I’m on the fence whether to keep watching. What brings me back are the prior successes and authentic people mostly.  Not every case of course.  But this group feels like a ship headed for shoals.  And the producers have either written in some of these scenes or purposely mismatched.  Chris is a mental case.  Virginia needs therapy.  Either counseling or AA or both.   I’m waiting for ball to drop re Vincent.  Just a vibe right now.  But hoping not.  Jake has spent too much time alone.  He’s needs to get out of his own head and into Hayleys.  Love Ryan and Clara so far.   But I will quit watching if this show turns into the kind of trash like marrying millions and housewives from everywhere.   Sorry for rant but experiencing huge disappointment.  

A prediction:  Dr. Pepper will not be back next year.   An integrity issue.  

Added:  I like The Unfiltered segments. And I like Jaime.  I think she asks good questions and relates well. 😍

Edited by Ms.C.
Addition
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Good Lord, military guy, SHUT. UP.  Stop dropping that like a big, wet bag of mud into every conversation.  It shouldn’t even come up!  Let her tell her own parents.  

Yeah .. worry about your wife who might be an alcoholic.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Mean Jeanne said:

Since no one has mentioned this, I will. Another big fuckup by the “experts” is matching Ryan, whose parents are both ministers, and to whom religion is very important, with a spouse who states she has problems with organized religion and hasn’t been to church in years

Yes. Agree that is an issue. An important question that should have been asked before matching.  Or have been on questionnaire.   Clara came from family of preachers didn’t she?  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Unfiltered: Dr. Pepper, Jake and Paige.

Jacob’s outfit is a nope. He dressed for a Zoom Funeral...as a pallbearer with the grey jacket, shiny silver grey tie and black shirt....with jeans...

Haley apparently did not dress him so this was Jake's idea of a studio outfit...no, he didn't wear his "business in the front, party in the back" 80's wig.

Paige’s breasts were cringing along with her face watching Chris acting like a jack hole.

Why couldn’t Jacob act this normal at his wedding as he seems on Unfiltered?

Jake’s deal breaker...clogs. Someone in production tell Jake he’s more cringey than humorous.

Paige grinning but so embarrassed at Chris’ small talk as they eat at the reception...

Paige is poised and classy as she watches her POS husband show his true character.

Pepper should be apologizing to Paige for matching her with the world’s worse scum.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

MAFS is giving Popeye (someone called him that last week and I loved it) a hilarious edit with his constant mentions of his home improvements.  And I’m loving the “Nobody cares, work harder” t-shirt choice at his first meal with his new in-laws. 

Pavilion.  Sauna.  Pool.  Slants.  Slope ceilings.

(I blame HGTV.)

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't understand Erik's first 'marriage' - were they in love or did she just need a place to crash?  He said he didn't even wear a ring. 

Sounds like a contract marriage; getting married just to give your spouse benefits. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 6

I can’t believe Chris had the audacity to say he  feels sorry for Haley because she was matched with Jake. He really fancies himself as quite a catch. I would bet good money he found out that his ex was pregnant during the wedding. Hence his panic attack the morning after. I don’t feel sorry for Paige. She is an idiot. I don’t understand why she would want to be with someone who told her point blank that he doesn’t want her. 

Every time they show Virginia, she is either holding a drink, looking for a drink or reaching for a drink. I wonder how long before Eric notices. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

My time for feeling sorry for Paige is over.  He just flat out told her he's not attracted to her.  Game over.  She should have packed her shit and left.  Damn the producers.

She believes that God put them together.  He is trying to manipulate her to stay and fight for her marriage.

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

In Paige's shoes, I would not have told Chris's parents about the sex.

She shouldn't be ashamed about how he treated her.  She shouldn't live a lie.  He was going to box her in to feel sorry for him and hide the truth.

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Chris is so private about his sex life that at the wedding, with cameras on him, he discussed abstaining from jerking off... does. not. compute. Chris. 🙄

The way he twists reality.  He was creating his victimization.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Every time they show Virginia, she is either holding a drink, looking for a drink or reaching for a drink. I wonder how long before Eric notices. 

He's noticed. I'm afraid he's a pushover, though. His first wife probably forced him to marry her so she could get military benefits. I'm sure Mama Lake has some stories to tell.

BTW, everyone comments on Virginia's cuteness. I don't see it at all. She is very affectionate, though, and I can see how that could make shy, awkward Eric feel some type of way. 

Ryan saying one of his favorite moments on their wedding day was going down the elevator, walking into the room, and seeing her friends and family for the first time. Geez, too bad Clara couldn't experience that because BLINDFOLD! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Just finished watching and haven't read comments yet, but some of my thoughts...

Chris is scum, which I am sure many have already said after tonight's episode. His being MIA for so long and worrying Paige was rude. To consummate their marriage and repeat in the morning was awful, knowing he wasn't attracted to her. I don't buy his later explanation that he felt by being intimate, maybe the attraction would grow. I'm sure he was embarrassed that Paige over shared with his parents, but his reaction was over the top. His crying made me think he was a little boy. Save the tears for real tragedy, kiddo. I watched Unfiltered after the episode and they showed he and Paige's photo session. I noticed how very frightened he looked. I think all that bravado hides a very insecure man/boy. Had to laugh at Paige saying they had "a moment." Yeah, it probably lasted all of a moment. Chris sucks!

Virginia & Erik's- Her  boozing is getting pretty old. Is she a functional alcoholic? I was concerned when she told Mamma Lake (or was it in an interview?) that drinking was always going to be a part of her life. Another participant who isn't sure about children. Good job, experts! 👏

Brianna and Vincent- getting along well. Hope his grandma will be ok 

Clara and Ryan- I like them a lot. Ryan is so low key and articulate. Didn't realize his folks were ministers. Again they match with someone who is not religious. Clara is super attracted to her husband but I can't get a read on whether it is mutual.

Haley and Jacob- Oh dear, what a mismatch! Jacob looks just like his dad. His conversation with Haley's parents was all kinds of awkward. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but they are not vibing at all. She's not attracted to him and he's so low energy that it doesn't help. He doesn't fill up the space with nervous chatter like Virginia. On Unfiltered he's still low key, but comes across as kind and does have a bit of a personality but it's the quiet, subtle kind.

Edited by ECM1231
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Is that Erik's grandmother, with the gorgeous white hair? She looks younger with his mother.

I thought it was Erik's aunt. I'm confused because I thought the chyron said the young girl was his niece, but yet Mamma Lake said she was dying for grandkids, so that could not have been Erik's brother's daughter 

5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Briana's mother is Queen Latifah!

Oh my goodness, yes! I immediately thought she resembled her but not as pretty.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I honestly don't see what Erik sees in Virginia.  However, I think he comes off as too dorky and maybe that's why he hasn't had success dating and decided on MAFS.

I'm shocked he keeps saying she's gorgeous! She looked awful the morning after; her skin is a mess. It's probably all that booze. I know I keep harping on this but it seems excessive to me. I got married at 26, too, so she's not all that young imo and Erik is going to tire of her hard partying lifestyle.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Jacob talks too much about himself. Can't read a room. 

He's the guy at work that when you see him coming, you jump top your feet and scurry off before he can park at your elbow and tell you for the 100th time about his backyard beach and 80's fanny pack collection.

Edited by eyelash
left out a word the first time.
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3

Haley's thought bubble as Jake drones on and on about himself thinking he is seducing her with pillow talk...

There's....shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Now all my shoes...wedding strappy heels (note to self...burn them) Black ballet flats, Chuck Taylors, loafers, stilettos, flip flops......

Note to self...buy more clogs... wooden clogs, Crocs of all colors and patterns....college alumni Crocs, garden Crocs...

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

Season 12 is the culmination of why we can't have nice things that was feel good Season 11 (Bolivia excluded).....

As a grizzled old timer of EVERY episode of EVERY season of this FORKING show, it was painful watching Paige  getting plummeted by the rolling clips in Unfiltered and then in Episode 4....

It was like watching a baby seal getting bludgeoned......

As a testament to having character and poise...Paige was a trooper and faced the bombs lobbed to her by JamieO 

• Love 10

I might have to quit this show.  Sigh.  I did it for several seasons, watching only the weddings and then not paying much attention afterwards. I started that when they matched that unfortunately coiffed Kate with Luke in Season 8. Last season was a fluke for me in that I watched most of it.

And yet, I enjoy two couples who made it from that season, Kris and Keith and Stephanie and AJ. 

This season is just too hard to watch. 😞 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

A prediction:  Dr. Pepper will not be back next year.   An integrity issue.  

But, but...  she said on unfiltered that she still thought Chris was a catch when Jamie questioned her about her opinion of him after seeing how he's acting.  How could they ever replace her??!  She has NO integrity and never had any.

And, would somebody tell Paige that her unfiltered outfit is pretty trashy looking with her hanging out of her barely there dress.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I’m almost speechless. My daughter slammed a pillow on the floor when Chris basically told Paige he had a panic attack because he doesn’t find her attractive.

May I borrow your slamming pillow?

I slammed all the cushions of my sofa sectional, my dining chairs and kitchen nook....

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ShowFan said:

I find Jake absolutely repulsive on every level. The red meat obsession is disgusting. That’s suffering animals you douche. 

I’ve seen worse.  Guys like Chris who have no respect for women, drinkers, potheads, drug users.  So Jake eats meat .. he’s going thru a phase.  Maybe Hayley can bring him out of his shell.  He’s just an introvert.  She can fix that if she is smart.  Did you see him on Unfiltered?

• Love 8