Type keyword(s) to search

Blood Tells: Characters, Storylines, Actors

Pallas
  • Start Topic

I did a little googling, and it seems that Tom Selleck suffers from arthritis, and it has been affecting his mobility.  That would explain the sitting scenes.  To be honest, I never really noticed until I read this post, but he is shown sitting all the time lately.  

• Love 1

It could be arthritis or just bad knees... 

I’ve always thought he walked kind of a heavy, flat footed  way. But it could be he’s trying to visually show the toll the job is taking on him physically and mentally. Like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

• Love 1

I don't find her voice aggravating, but we all hear a little differently. She's no Jackie, but I think she is a good partner for Danny, as she seems able to tolerate his absurd bossiness. He always announces to her how they are going to approach things, where she should enter, (or not enter), a building, where she should stand, whom she should talk to, etc. How she keeps from saying, "Excuse me, I work WITH you, not FOR you," I don't know. Any nagging she does, he deserves. You know what bugs me, is the way Erin says "dint" instead of "didn't" That drives me nuts.

• Love 1

Last episode.... another bowl of Blue Mush. The current writers have turned a once great action series into a Hallmark Series.

Very disappointing. characters have done nearly a 180 with little substance other than the soap opera lines and scenarios the writers throw at us.

What a shame.

• Love 1

I am on this site because I saw Tom in one of those reverse mortgage commercials and it looked like he was having a problem walking from the middle of the path to a bench to sit down on. I have arthritis in both knees and sensed he has similar issues

Checking in over a year later to say that Abigail Hawk was very good in the play, and she showed up to the nomination party for the indie theater awards, where I was helping check in the guests. She liked my hat. :-)

• Love 3
On 2/12/2019 at 7:39 AM, wknt3 said:

Incidentally since CBS seems to be desperate for exclusive content for their streaming service I'd watch a "Baker Undercover" series starring Abigail Hawk investigating politically sensitive cases around NYC....

Me too!

• Love 6

I heard Blue Bloods is being cancelled, I’ve never missed an episode and while, if this is true, it saddens me, I understand the decision.  The show has never been as good since they cut down the number of episodes in which Donnie Wahlberg starred.  Tom Selleck began being featured in every episode and I think it was a big mistake.  He plays the Police Commissioner as ‘King of New York’.  He runs the city and tells the Mayor and everybody else what to do.  He’s a very pompous, egotistical actor.    When Wahlberg was featured , the show was exciting and true to life.  Now, we just see Tom Selleck walk around, looking like a giant Walrus and acting like a mob boss.   Almost like he thinks people should be genuflecting in his presence. 

Donnie works less days in a week now compared to a few years ago,  but this Tom’s show. Why else would it be the oldest skewing show on broadcast TV?

And no formal announcement has been made on most shows concerning renewal. 

• LOL 1

It was Donnie's show in the beginning, but I'm guessing he got tired and wanted to work fewer hours.  Plus he wanted to do the revival of NKOTB.  So they gave more screen time to other characters.  

On 4/24/2020 at 10:44 AM, GladysCravits said:

He’s a very pompous, egotistical actor.

That would contradict everything all of his co-workers have ever said about him.  So I doubt it.

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

When the show started off, there were three stories every week. There was a Frank story, a Danny story, and a wild card. The wild card usually went to Erin or Jamie, but sometimes it went Henry or one of the youngest generation. Often Erin would be tagged into Danny's story if she wasn't the wild card.

In my opinion, the problem with the show was when it changed to four storylines per week. One or possible multiple storylines would feel rushed or shortchanged.

Also, the overall writing of the show has declined. It feels like there are missing scenes needed to explain why or how something happened.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

When the show started off, there were three stories every week. There was a Frank story, a Danny story, and a wild card. The wild card usually went to Erin or Jamie, but sometimes it went Henry or one of the youngest generation. Often Erin would be tagged into Danny's story if she wasn't the wild card.

In my opinion, the problem with the show was when it changed to four storylines per week. One or possible multiple storylines would feel rushed or shortchanged.

Also, the overall writing of the show has declined. It feels like there are missing scenes needed to explain why or how something happened.

Agreed!  I feel like some of the storylines  seem to have a rushed ending. 

Take last night for example.  Frank's and Erin's storylines were fine, but Danny's and Jamie's were rushed.  It felt like there were missing pieces.

I wonder if the 4 storyline model came to be because of contract negotiations. 

6 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

It was Donnie's show in the beginning, but I'm guessing he got tired and wanted to work fewer hours.  Plus he wanted to do the revival of NKOTB.  So they gave more screen time to other characters.  

That would contradict everything all of his co-workers have ever said about him.  So I doubt it.

The revival of NKOTB happened 2 years before he got Blue Bloods. It wouldn’t surprise if he asked for less hours once he moved to Chicago in 2015 and started flying in and out of New York. 

5 hours ago, mtlchick said:

It wouldn’t surprise if he asked for less hours once he moved to Chicago in 2015 and started flying in and out of New York. 

Ahh..I forgot the Jenny McCarthy factor!  LOL!

10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I wonder if the 4 storyline model came to be because of contract negotiations. 

That's been my assumption.

This concerns an episode called "The Price You Pay”.  In the story a character named David Shapiro, obviously a Jewish name, maintains control over young women through violence and sexual coersion. Some of the women even go missing. 

In another episode “Reckless”, a character named Felix Roth (Jewish name) is murdered. There are multiple suspects because he is a photographer who for years has been sexually assaulting models. Not to say all Jews are saints but I’ve never seen any Jews characterized as decent human beings on the show. Why did the scumbags have to be Jewish? It wasn’t relevant to the plot. Popular culture powerfully shapes perceptions. Wonder if the writers were the same on both scripts. 

I caught an old episode today.  The one where Sean has his bike accident. The ending shows Danny at his moms and brothers graveside.  
Dannys mom was born in 1955, and died in 2005.  Joe was born in 1977, and died in 2009. 
Wiki says Danny got married in 1996 and is 48. 
Reading between the lines, Mary ( Frank’s wife) gave birth to Danny at 18, and he is the oldest child.  Does this fit with what the show keeps telling us?  

• Love 1

I realize this a long shot, but I am hoping someone can help me identify an episode with very little information. I am almost sure the episode is from season 2, and I think it may be late in the season. There is a scene where Jamie gets into a fight with someone outside the house with Henry looking at them. Henry has a line something like "In another era Jamie might have made a good priest."

Thanks to anyone who can help.

3 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I realize this a long shot, but I am hoping someone can help me identify an episode with very little information. I am almost sure the episode is from season 2, and I think it may be late in the season. There is a scene where Jamie gets into a fight with someone outside the house with Henry looking at them. Henry has a line something like "In another era Jamie might have made a good priest."

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I think you’re looking for Season 2’s “Collateral Damage.” This episode wraps up the Noble Sanfino story where Jamie has been working undercover. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jaimesommers said:

I think you’re looking for Season 2’s “Collateral Damage.” This episode wraps up the Noble Sanfino story where Jamie has been working undercover. 

THANK YOU! That is the episode. If I could have marked your response useful and liked I would have used both. This is one of the reasons why I love the internet Primetimer/TV message boards. I can post something vague, and someone will be able to tell me the name of the episode I am looking for.

• Love 2

Just wanted to add, I generally like actor Len Cariou in other roles, and I liked him in this episode.  Although Henry can get on my nerves, I really liked his scene with Jamie.  The 4/8 episode was the first time Henry seemed “old/frail” to me, physically I mean.

I know Grandpa Teeth may not be a nice name but they really are distracting. I’m not sure why people go for chicklet-sized teeth but whatever.  I’m not sure if they are aging him with makeup or 82 just isn’t the new 30 (thanks Sid)  and because I watch reruns it a drastic change in appearance because the show has been on so long.

Is Henry supposed to be sick in anyway besides maybe the memory thing or is it just normal aging with Len Cariou that I’m seeing, which seems drastic because I’m watching season 2 episodes and the current ones and they span almost a decade? I don’t expect an 82 year old to look young, but I’m trying to figure out if they’re aging him more with makeup because he’s supposed to be Frank’s dad and Tom Selleck is 77.

• Love 1

She has to be the most annoying, heavy with double standards character on the show! She demands to be in everyone's business, she skirts the line very often then turns around and slams Jamie for doing the same thing. 
She acts like she's better than everyone,then turns around and pretends to relate to everyone. She emasculates Jamie quite often and he always calls her out on it on the spot, but tends to minimize it later.  One example of her despicable behavior was the way she played precinct bully to the officer who testified against her partner for brutality in Season 5 Episode 2. It's sickening.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She seemed better before she hooked up with Jamie.   Not that it’s his fault. I like him a lot.  

What’s her real name?  

Something like Edit I seem to recall.

I was watching Hill Street Blues marathon, it was fun seeing a young Sid even though he had an awful 80s mustache which I guess is ok since it was the 80s 😂  I saw him on Oz too…it seems like he plays law enforcement all the time lol

EGiU85sXUAE_ldK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but have you all seen the new CBS show East New York?  I wonder if it will overlap onto BB at all.  From the trailer, it appears really promising. Jimmy Smits is in the cast.  It seems to be a police leader different from Frank.  

Maybe with his new job Jamie will get a Reagan whisperer like his siblings and father. He needs one and Edie doesn't count. Erin has Anthony, Danny has Baez, Frank has Baker, Garrett and Sid, but Jamie doesn't have one at work yet. 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I just now realized that the actor who plays Erin has a child with Tom Brady.  

Tom Brady left her when she was pregnant with their son for Giselle. I can't stand him.

I watch the show when my husband has it on the tv. I don't know if there has ever been asked but how does a man, Danny, who was born, raised, and lived his whole life in NYC have a Boston accent?

• LOL 1

Who is Molly Chavez? I don't remember a character with that name.

For a while, it looked like Baez was going to be a love interest for Danny, when she came to family dinner. But that seems to have gone by the wayside. Good choice to not have her be romantic interest for him.

• Like 1

caught my favorite episode of ‘taxi’ last night — cab 804, part 2. elaine drives an art dealer, tom selleck, 140 miles to an auction. so easier to forget how handsome and charming  — and funny — he was years ago. . 

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Like 2

I like Baez and Danny as work partners/friends, as opposed to anything romantic. I'm rooting for Maggie the psychic, but I am not sure if they would have Danny remarry or have him in a serious long term relationship. 

• Like 2