Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05. Melissa M's Story

• Start Topic

I think Melissa only wanted to lose enough to be more mobile, and maybe find a boyfriend (and if I am guessing right, then it's boyfriend, not man friend).     I didn't catch Melissa's age, but I'm guessing she's a lot older than her new friend.      My guess is that Melissa didn't really want the surgery, just to lose some weight, and maybe get skin removal for those fat deposits on her lower abdomen. 

She reminds me of the lady from Oklahoma, with the five kids, and who quit the program after she hit the weight she liked, and told Dr. Now his goal weight for her was a lot lower than what she found acceptable.   She did come back again, but I think she quit then also.   I noticed on this lady's first show, she was making good progress until some of her friends said that since she lost weight, that she could get a social life, and then she quit making progress, and quit Dr. Now's program. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Melissa only wanted to lose enough to be more mobile, and maybe find a boyfriend (and if I am guessing right, then it's boyfriend, not man friend).     I didn't catch Melissa's age, but I'm guessing she's a lot older than her new friend.      My guess is that Melissa didn't really want the surgery, just to lose some weight, and maybe get skin removal for those fat deposits on her lower abdomen. 

She reminds me of the lady from Oklahoma, with the five kids, and who quit the program after she hit the weight she liked, and told Dr. Now his goal weight for her was a lot lower than what she found acceptable.   She did come back again, but I think she quit then also.   I noticed on this lady's first show, she was making good progress until some of her friends said that since she lost weight, that she could get a social life, and then she quit making progress, and quit Dr. Now's program. 

Yes. I think that Melissa got really depressed after her mom died and became a recluse. Once she lost enough weight to get around the way she used to she was done. She certainly wanted a boyfriend (nothing wrong with that), but if she was serious about the program she would’ve waited until she was in a better place before meeting someone new. Based on her childhood photos and the 90s styling shes likely between 35-40yrs old. That guy was in his late 20s to my eye. 

She wasn’t interested in following Dr Now’s program, but losing just enough to be “comfortable”. Now I wouldn’t say she “failed” if she keeps off 100-200lbs (that’s a huge improvement) but I don’t believe she’s going to keep it off.

She really could’ve gone the distance. Now do I think she would’ve gotten down to a BMI of 25? Likely no. But if she had ended up at 200lbs, she would still be morbidly obese at 4’10 but I would’ve called her a success. 

• Love 4

I wanted her to succeed so much at the beginning. She wasn't slovenly like half the poundticipants, kept a clean home, dressed in nice clothes and seemed intelligent. But she knew the rules going in, you move to Houston for at least a few months. Agree she liked having a boyfriend. Am happy for her, but could see the scale creeping up again at the end. Want a follow up.

• Love 9

Is there *any* poundicipant who has not expressed anxiety that her progress would disappoint Dr. Now?  Who did not seem more interested in getting his approval than in her own satisfaction at losing weight?  I wonder if that attitude is part of why so many of them have trouble staying on the diet--are they farting around with it until a few days before the weigh-in because they want his praise, not because they understand that strictly following the diet will make them lose weight? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, nokat said:

I'll prepare you. I've worked so hard. Dr. Now is my last hope. I need fifty pizzas on the way to Houston.

we snicker when they say they've worked hard, but I watched the "Obesity Med" show that followed Melissa's episode last night, and

one of the two doctors kept telling his patient about how hard he would need to work.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Is there *any* poundicipant who has not expressed anxiety that her progress would disappoint Dr. Now?  Who did not seem more interested in getting his approval than in her own satisfaction at losing weight?  I wonder if that attitude is part of why so many of them have trouble staying on the diet--are they farting around with it until a few days before the weigh-in because they want his praise, not because they understand that strictly following the diet will make them lose weight? 

Accountability is a big part of many weight loss programs (look at WW- formerly weight watchers). Knowing that someone else is looking at you helps a lot of people stick to their program. At least in the beginning. 

But I think that they want to impress Dr Now because he holds the key to the surgery- which is what they want. For many of the participants, losing x pounds before surgery is nice, but they’ve likely lost that amount before and it came right back. So they aren’t emotionally invested in that initial weight loss. (Especially for patients this large)

The SURGERY is what they want and Dr Now is the one giving it to them- so impressing him is their #1 goal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think a few of them see him as the father figure they never had, and are looking for any way to impress him too.     Look at how many poundticipants had absent fathers, or fathers that left and they never heard from again.  

With Melissa, both parents are dead, and the father died years ago, so she had no parental figures.   Also, apparently the father and mother broke up a long time before he died.   I think too, that some like Melissa's mother were so authoritarian, according to Melissa, that they're used to a firm tone, and someone telling them what to do. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But I think that they want to impress Dr Now because he holds the key to the surgery- which is what they want. For many of the participants, losing x pounds before surgery is nice, but they’ve likely lost that amount before and it came right back. So they aren’t emotionally invested in that initial weight loss. (Especially for patients this large)

She was such a darling little girl.  I missed some of the show but I don't recall her talking about gaining and losing and gaining and losing and gaining even more unlike many poundcipients.    

I liked her.   I just got the impression that she would be happy enough to get down to 250 or 300 and go back to work and out socially.  She didn't mention COVID as a reason for not moving, but all I could think was I wouldn't want to move to Houston during COVID and have a surgical procedure unless I was at death's door.  

I watched "Obesity Med" last night after Melissa.  One of the doctors offered his patient a 12 week boot camp for weight loss which I think involved a lot more than just "read my 1200 calorie diet every night."   The show reminded me very much of a short version of the first Dr Now episodes.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I missed some of the show but I don't recall her talking about gaining and losing and gaining and losing and gaining even more unlike many poundcipients.    

She mentioned losing a significant amount in high school, she had an abortion and put more on. Several years later her mom died (recently) and she put more on after that. 

3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I liked her.   I just got the impression that she would be happy enough to get down to 250 or 300 and go back to work and out socially.  She didn't mention COVID as a reason for not moving, but all I could think was I wouldn't want to move to Houston during COVID and have a surgical procedure unless I was at death's door.  

I got that impression as well (which is her right). I think she ended at around 100lbs down which still put her at 490 something. The 300s are still 100lbs away. I liked her too, she has a lot of potential we don’t want to see her back slide. 

5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I watched "Obesity Med" last night after Melissa.  One of the doctors offered his patient a 12 week boot camp for weight loss which I think involved a lot more than just "read my 1200 calorie diet every night."   The show reminded me very much of a short version of the first Dr Now episodes.

I watched Obesity Med too- I liked it so far. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

we snicker when they say they've worked hard, but I watched the "Obesity Med" show that followed Melissa's episode last night, and

one of the two doctors kept telling his patient about how hard he would need to work.  

I guess it's just the word worked. It's determination or drive. Work I associate with something else.

49 minutes ago, nokat said:

I guess it's just the word worked. It's determination or drive. Work I associate with something else.

I tend to think they could use the word "focus."  I am okay with their saying they worked hard IF and ONLY IF we see them exercising and planning meals that are on the diet as well as doing the stuff the therapist assigns.   Most of them strike out and do none of it.

And for Pete's  sake,  all of them that are under 700 pounds need to get one of the scales that go up that high.  They are affordable on Amazon.  That way they can see the good progress they are making.  or not.

• Love 3

It was nice to see an articulate person who did not live in a hovel. Her home was niceLy decorated and she dressed nicely. Too bad she couldn’t pull it together to follow Dr. Now’s plan. 
Melissa obviously did not want to be alone in a city far from home. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ShortyMac said:

Melissa definitely has issues from her dad leaving. As soon as she got Elijah's attention, Dr. Now's program went out the window. So disappointing; she was so promising.

anigif_sub-buzz-6483-1513358100-1.gif?ou

I thought of this scene too. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I still can’t believe she sat down and inhaled that huge tub of lasagna, all the while watching herself in the mirror. She must have a fantastic gallbladder.

As someone said in the Live thread, she's literally watching what she eats.

Maybe removing the gallbladder instead of shrinking the stomach? Seriously, I had my gallbladder removed about two decades ago. The surgeon said that I could eat as normal. A total lie.  There is this great local burger place. I gave in and had a quarter of a burger and a handful of onion rings. My innards won't be happy. The gallbladder holds the bile to digest the fat and without it the bile dumps in. I'm in trouble with two slices of pizza. Small pizza.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 1

I think I heard it correctly that Melissa’s mom made her get an abortion because she was only 15? .... abortion is a difficult choice for anyone to make, it becomes even worse when you have no control over your own body. 

Melissa is 37 now & most likely will never get to become a mother.  That sure as hell would mess with my head. 

,Her session with Dr. Paradise was so sweet, she talked to him like he was an old friend, and really got her emotions out. Usually these people add nothing to the therapy sessions except one word replies  I just hope Melissa doesn’t revert back to old ways should this new relationship end. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, nokat said:

Maybe removing the gallbladder instead of shrinking the stomach? Seriously, I had my gallbladder removed about two decades ago. The surgeon said that I could eat as normal. A total lie.  There is this great local burger place. I gave in and had a quarter of a burger and a handful of onion rings. My innards won't be happy. The gallbladder holds the bile to digest the fat and without it the bile dumps in. I'm in trouble with two slices of pizza. Small pizza.

My Mom had her gallbladder removed 30yrs ago- she still eats what’s she wants and just suffers for it (I went on a rampage in a small talk thread about her consumption BBQ following a knee replacement and I had to be nurse maid). 

So I highly doubt removing the gallbladder would help so many of these participants who are suffering from food addictions and have stretched their stomachs out far greater than a typical person. They can also satisfy their binging with lower fat, higher sugar things. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I think I heard it correctly that Melissa’s mom made her get an abortion because she was only 15? .... abortion is a difficult choice for anyone to make, it becomes even worse when you have no control over your own body. 

Melissa is 37 now & most likely will never get to become a mother.  That sure as hell would mess with my head. 

Maybe that’s why she was so focused on the boyfriend. She didn’t mention it but she may have been trying to lose enough weight to get pregnant. 

Not every woman wants children- I’m childfree so I’m not trying to put that desire on Melissa, but it’s possible. Look at Amy from 1000 Sisters, a baby was her biggest motivation. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hellohappylife said:

I'm not sure if she said her mom made her (though it may have been implied) but she definitely said her mom was the only one who knew.

Years ago (like, 20+) my friend's boyfriend's sister got pregnant at 14 and as I understood it, her parents made her have an abortion. At that age it might be the best option for her but I don't know how she actually felt about it. Sometimes I wonder where she's at now.

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I'm not sure if she said her mom made her (though it may have been implied) but she definitely said her mom was the only one who knew.

Years ago (like, 20+) my friend's boyfriend's sister got pregnant at 14 and as I understood it, her parents made her have an abortion. At that age it might be the best option for her but I don't know how she actually felt about it. Sometimes I wonder where she's at now.

My niece went the adoption route and everything was open, so she still has a place in her daughter's life, and my sister gets to be a grandmother.

I couldn't tell if Melissa was made to get the abortion. It's a very personal thing and who knows except her the effect it had.

4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Totally changing the subject . . . when they showed Melissa's living room, we laughed out loud.  We have the exact same entertainment center in our living room, but in brown/black, not white.

Ikea.

I admit to having some Ikea in the house. 😄 I did like her living room.

• Love 5

Oh, I had hopes for Melissa in the first half or so. She is articulate, she is cooperative, she follows the rules.  Dr. Now didn't give her enough credit- at least she DID lose and didn't gain like so many others we have seen.  In addition, she has a very neat apartment, doesn't flash her (blurred out) naked private parts, didn't show us a shower scene, and is actually kind to her friends.  

So I knew how it would end when the timer was running down to less than 20 minutes and she was still futzing around, not wanting to move to Houston and attributing her lack of commitment to needing "support" in Florida.  I get that your BFF is there, but come on. It's a small chunk of your life to get the surgery and really start to improve.

She had the oddest gait I think I've ever seen in a massively obese person. She leaned way, way back as all of her weight seemed front-loaded. And she sort of loped from side to side.  It was hard to appreciate that she was less than 5 feet tall; there didn't seem to be any comparison between her and other average-height people.

Did anyone think that the scenes in Dr. Now's exam room seemed like they were spliced together? They never showed the two of them in the same shot; she had her head turned way to the side like she wasn't really looking at him. When they showed his face but her talking, her lines seemed stilted and scripted. Maybe with Covid they re-enacted them? I'm thinking that it was more entertaining than showing the two of them with masks on.

Her little baby voice with the boyfriend... ick.  He would compliment her and she would answer two octaves above her usual voice: "awwwww!"

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

It was hard to appreciate that she was less than 5 feet tall; there didn't seem to be any comparison between her and other average-height people.

I noticed in the beginning when she was taking something out of the stove. She looked so short next to the hood of the stove.

If you want a good gauge of how tall/short people are, look at them next to appliances, door frames etc- not other people. Most stoves/countertops these days are the same height, other people vary. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

I wish she would get some real therapy.  So sad to hear that her mother constantly called her stupid and then force fed her large meals which she took as “love”.  

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

So I knew how it would end when the timer was running down to less than 20 minutes and she was still futzing around, not wanting to move to Houston and attributing her lack of commitment to needing "support" in Florida.  I get that your BFF is there, but come on. It's a small chunk of your life to get the surgery and really start to improve.

It worried me more that she would probably lose the help from Dr Paradise than that she decided not to move to Houston for the surgery.  I do think she probably had no one to move with her as she never mentioned friends or relatives except Shay and the woman that drove them to the airport.  In their mid 30's most women are too involved with work and/or family life to pack up and move away for up to a year.   I hope Elijah isn't one of those people who like to watch fat people eat. 

16 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I still can’t believe she sat down and inhaled that huge tub of lasagna, all the while watching herself in the mirror. She must have a fantastic gallbladder.

Did she actually eat the whole pan of it?  I was typing and watching at the same time so I always miss something.   Someone on the live chat called her Garfield.  And someone said she was literally watching what she ate.  I haven't laughed that hard since last week when I thought Dr Now was patting Cindy's private parts.

• Love 3

These covid episodes are very strange.  I'm not sure I even believe the timeline.  The show has played with that before where they claim it's been so many months but there are clues that it really wasn't that long.  Many of the scenes did seem spliced together.  We know in reality TV it is not unheard of to have people reenact scenes.  However, this seemed really poorly done. 

When she didn't want to move, I did wonder how much covid played a part in that.  The show might not want them to say, "I don't want to move in a pandemic".  Other than us seeing masks at times, the show is downplaying the impact of the pandemic on what can and cannot be done. Realistically, instead of the exciting she goes to the store scene, she would have likely placed an order to be delivered from the grocery store.  That does not make for interesting TV. 

The whole push to go to Houston to be part of "Dr. Now's program" has always been specious.  He provides surgery. The scene in an earlier episode that some people saw as a support group was more of a sales pitch for the surgery.  Currently any therapy she would do would likely be online, so she does not need to be in Houston to see Dr. Paradise (by the dashboard light). It is less expensive for filming if she comes to Houston.  It makes sense to have surgery and stay a few weeks for recovery, but the requirement to stay for a year is a show requirement, not a normal requirement for people undergoing this surgery.  I understand her getting away from enablers, but, other than her friend bringing her mass quantities of fried food, we did not see anyone enabling her.  She lives alone and cares for herself.  Regardless of where she is, she will make good or bad decisions regarding food on her own. If they had a made a compromise of get surgery and stay a few weeks for recovery, provide a nurse to check in on her during the recovery, and then she can return home, she might have agreed.  Many people cannot move to a new place where they have zero connections for a year.  It increases depression, isolation and loneliness, which are issues many poundticipants struggle with already. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The whole push to go to Houston to be part of "Dr. Now's program" has always been specious.  He provides surgery. The scene in an earlier episode that some people saw as a support group was more of a sales pitch for the surgery.  Currently any therapy she would do would likely be online, so she does not need to be in Houston to see Dr. Paradise (by the dashboard light). It is less expensive for filming if she comes to Houston.  It makes sense to have surgery and stay a few weeks for recovery, but the requirement to stay for a year is a show requirement, not a normal requirement for people undergoing this surgery.  I understand her getting away from enablers, but, other than her friend bringing her mass quantities of fried food, we did not see anyone enabling her.  She lives alone and cares for herself.  Regardless of where she is, she will make good or bad decisions regarding food on her own. If they had a made a compromise of get surgery and stay a few weeks for recovery, provide a nurse to check in on her during the recovery, and then she can return home, she might have agreed.  Many people cannot move to a new place where they have zero connections for a year.  It increases depression, isolation and loneliness, which are issues many poundticipants struggle with already. 

I agree completely...  

• Love 1

There must be a way for someone to move to Houston for the surgery, and then have a personal care assistant or health aide for a couple of weeks, or until they can travel home safely.    I think some others have done that, but there must be some way for Melissa to do that, and have the surgery.   But after the end of the episode, I doubt she will ever lose enough to qualify for surgery. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I liked Melissa. She has one of the nicest homes of any poundticipant I've seen, and she was intelligent and articulate. Even Dr Paradise was impressed with her insight into the reasons for her overeating.

I'm glad she was able to make progress by herself but I think that, unless she's incredibly disciplined, she'll regain. The talk at the end of making mac 'n' cheese for her boyfriend didn't give me hope. I also wondered how on earth she could be comfortable lying on her front on the bed, particularly when she was eating in that position. It must have put an incredible strain on her lungs.

I do have to take issue with Dr Now on one thing though. He said that, as she's under 5ft tall, she should weigh 90lbs. Well, I'm 4ft11in, and just because I'm short, this doesn't mean I have a tiny frame - I have a wide frame, with broad feet, knees, hips and shoulders. I have to buy wide fit shoes and a particular brand of jeans that's cut generously on the hips and thighs.

When I went to slimming groups (I stopped doing that years ago), they'd always tell me I should weigh 7 stones (98lbs), and I knew that could never happen on my skeleton.  Most weight charts say I "should" weigh between 7 and 8 stones. But I came across a chart recently that gave different weights for different frames, and it was far more realistic, saying I should weight between 125 and 135 lbs at my height on a large frame. If I hit 130lbs, my ribs stick out like a xylophone and there are big hollows in my collar bones, but I still have a big butt and chunky legs.  There's just this assumption that if you're short, you must have a tiny frame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There must be a way for someone to move to Houston for the surgery, and then have a personal care assistant or health aide for a couple of weeks, or until they can travel home safely.    I think some others have done that, but there must be some way for Melissa to do that, and have the surgery.   But after the end of the episode, I doubt she will ever lose enough to qualify for surgery. 

I thought she did lose enough, but she wanted to go back to Florida and lose some more on her own instead.  She was supposed to be at 408, but she was 407.3.

• Love 1

She didn't do well the first weigh in or maybe the first two, but then she lost quite a bit, but for the surgery Dr. Now wanted more weight loss (I suspect it was because of the fat distribution on her abdomen, making surgery riskier).   Then she almost met her goal, and that was when the move to Houston for the surgery talk started, and Melissa didn't want to move to Houston.    Then, she pretty much gave up.  I don't know why Dr. Now didn't refer her to someone in Miami (or where ever she lived in Florida, my Florida geography isn't too accurate). 

At least I think that's how it went.   I was really hoping Melissa would do well, and I was so sad at the end.  If anyone really wants to know, they're playing the Supersized episode Saturday the 30th, and the regular rerun on Wednesday before the new episode debuts.   However, I don't think I have the urge to watch her fail again. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When she didn't want to move, I did wonder how much covid played a part in that.  The show might not want them to say, "I don't want to move in a pandemic"

Too, she has a nice place, and might either lose it or it might be expensive to keep it.  She has the nicest home that I can remember recently.

And the "laugh" response was for Dr. Paradise by the dashboard light.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If anyone really wants to know, they're playing the Supersized episode Saturday the 30th, and the regular rerun on Wednesday before the new episode debuts.   However, I don't think I have the urge to watch her fail again. 

Usually you can fast-forward, and "bonus scenes" are labelled.

• Love 1

Hey folks! 

We watched on replay Wednesday night.  Somewhat prophetically we had veggie lasagna and roasted sweet potato pieces marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, yellow curry powder and cardamom, with garlic toast and a green salad. Fruit for dessert. 

I’m hopeful for her and was throughout the episode. I was rooting for her unlike some of the very damaged quitters we’ve seen of late. 

As for her height, I do recall she weighed in at 592 initially and Dr Now said she had a BMI of 115.  Checking online calculators that would be 5’0”. 

Funniest moment? She was eating a big sampler of onion rings, cheese sticks etc and then there was a close up on this Buffalo wing. We both looked at each other and said “Buffalo wings!!” Then laughed. I do love food. 

4A03EA9E-5C1A-4103-AFFB-369E5127C619.jpeg

Edited by Scratches19
  • Useful 2

I liked her so much in the  beginning.  She really seemed to be dedicated to losing. Clearly  intelligent and articulate. I wanted to give her a big hug. 

And then she welched on her agreement to move to  Houston. 😡

• Love 5
On 1/30/2021 at 1:13 AM, Scratches19 said:

Hey folks! 

We watched on replay Wednesday night.  Somewhat prophetically we had veggie lasagna and roasted sweet potato pieces marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper, yellow curry powder and cardamom, with garlic toast and a green salad. Fruit for dessert. 

I’m hopeful for her and was throughout the episode. I was rooting for her unlike some of the very damaged quitters we’ve seen of late. 

As for her height, I do recall she weighed in at 592 initially and Dr Now said she had a BMI of 115.  Checking online calculators that would be 5’0”. 

Funniest moment? She was eating a big sampler of onion rings, cheese sticks etc and then there was a close up on this Buffalo wing. We both looked at each other and said “Buffalo wings!!” Then laughed. I do love food. 

4A03EA9E-5C1A-4103-AFFB-369E5127C619.jpeg

She was socially isolated with a single friend, but when dieting brought her BMI below 100, she had a huge social circle she couldn’t leave to join Dr Now. I wonder who that guy was who looked athletic and in his 20s who lusted after a middle aged woman with a BMI near 100. What magic power drew him to her, or did he just like her smile and personality?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Her social life was going to the mail box once a month. She was told for once "go to the super market yourself". But, she is making a big fuss about moving the Houston because her support is at home. Really??

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

The killing of those FBI agents today, was in Sunrise, FL.  
I wondered if it was her apartment complex, because they looked similar.

She lives about two miles from where the killings occurred.

Edited by AZChristian
Updated info.
  • Love 1

Really sad episode.  So much promise.  Dr. Now requires patients to be in Houston, it was surprising that he was willing to discuss an exception.  She lost a significant amount of weight, got herself out there, met a young chubby chaser and threw away her chance of getting the surgery.  Don't know why she couldn't have gone to a short term leased place or residence inn for a little while, I'm sure Dr Now wouldn't have made her stay the entire year.  But she threw everything away for a dude that was probably in the wind in a few months. Then the depression will come back and boom the weight too.  

Edited by Snarkastikate
  • Love 3

What is with this show lately? In the beginning, they usually showed people who got the surgery and lost weight, with the odd exception. Now, it seems like none of them are getting the surgery. It's getting boring.  I wonder how many viewers they have lost because of it?

• Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 6:54 PM, CanuckFan said:

What is with this show lately? In the beginning, they usually showed people who got the surgery and lost weight, with the odd exception. Now, it seems like none of them are getting the surgery. It's getting boring.  I wonder how many viewers they have lost because of it?

I’m sure the pandemic effected shooting schedules, and they likely had to air what they had for content. I read somewhere that a few people were held over from last season. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I watched this video from Auntie’s Advice where she critiques Melissa. She cracks me up!!

I saw this.  Auntie made a number of good points, but Melissa fired back on instagram causing Auntie to do a second video. which i saw late last night.  After Mass,  I will go look for the link again.

The big take away from Melissa's comments was that she made a remark about filming for another episode.  I would think if she was filming for another episode, there would be something in the contract forbidding her to comment about it.   

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I saw this.  Auntie made a number of good points, but Melissa fired back on instagram causing Auntie to do a second video. which i saw late last night.  After Mass,  I will go look for the link again.

The big take away from Melissa's comments was that she made a remark about filming for another episode.  I would think if she was filming for another episode, there would be something in the contract forbidding her to comment about it.   

I saw a bit of the second video but I fell asleep. I wasn’t as entertained by that one. Melissa was being ridiculous.