Type keyword(s) to search

The Speculation with Spoilers Saturation

On 4/25/2017 at 5:34 PM, TheOtherOne said:

Finale spoiler:

Geez, they really are digging into the past with this one. But why would the gang be concerned when he wasn't even interested in her?

She was a nutjob, as I recall.

On 4/25/2017 at 4:34 PM, TheOtherOne said:

Finale spoiler:

Geez, they really are digging into the past with this one. But why would the gang be concerned when he wasn't even interested in her?

Well, back when she was around the first time, he was still completely oblivious to women and had zero desire for any sexual contact at all. Now, he understands sexual desire (even if his libido doesn't run his life) and Amy is away for several months. I've seen a report from someone who attended the finale taping, and the gang isn't so much worried about Sheldon as they are about Ramona. It's pretty clear from her actions throughout the episode that she's after him, and Sheldon is so oblivious, he's playing right into her hands.

I'm not sure how spoiled you guys like to get in this thread. I can share more if anyone's interested. :)

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm interested! Details please!

Ramona shows up at the University to work on some project or other and immediately attaches herself at the hip with Sheldon. Sheldon, who's at loose ends with Amy away, is perfectly happy to spend time with Ramona and doesn't see anything wrong with it. The gang can tell that Ramona is after him and do everything they can to get between them - literally (some funny physical comedy with them walking in between them, sitting in between them on the couch, etc.).  Amy knows about Ramona because Sheldon, of course, tells her via Skype about all the time he and Ramona are spending together. Amy immediately gets on the phone with the girls: "You had ONE job!"

Penny sits Sheldon down for a heart-to-heart and lays it out for him: Ramona wants him. He doesn't believe her. Ramona knows he's with Amy. Still, when Ramona shows up at his office with lunch for the two of them to share, he confronts her and asks if she's interested in him romantically. In answer, she kisses him. 

The end of the ep is a bigger spoiler, so I'm hiding it just for those who want a little mystery left... 

Spoiler

Sheldon doesn't respond to the kiss. They pull apart, and he leaves the room, gets in a taxi, gets on a plane (watches Sponge Bob on the way). The next scene is Amy at her Princeton apartment and a knock on the door. She opens the door to see Sheldon on one knee. "Will you marry me?" Fade to black on Amy's stunned face.

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sheldon doesn't respond to the kiss. They pull apart, and he leaves the room, gets in a taxi, gets on a plane (watches Sponge Bob on the way). The next scene is Amy at her Princeton apartment and a knock on the door. She opens the door to see Sheldon on one knee. "Will you marry me?" Fade to black on Amy's stunned face.

Yay!!! 

• Love 4

Holy Schnike!  

I think it would have been more amusing though, if Sheldon forgot all about science and turned into a sex crazed, womanizing fiend.  Lol.

• Love 1
On May 8, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Gbb said:

Ramona shows up at the University to work on some project or other and immediately attaches herself at the hip with Sheldon. Sheldon, who's at loose ends with Amy away, is perfectly happy to spend time with Ramona and doesn't see anything wrong with it. The gang can tell that Ramona is after him and do everything they can to get between them - literally (some funny physical comedy with them walking in between them, sitting in between them on the couch, etc.).  Amy knows about Ramona because Sheldon, of course, tells her via Skype about all the time he and Ramona are spending together. Amy immediately gets on the phone with the girls: "You had ONE job!"

Penny sits Sheldon down for a heart-to-heart and lays it out for him: Ramona wants him. He doesn't believe her. Ramona knows he's with Amy. Still, when Ramona shows up at his office with lunch for the two of them to share, he confronts her and asks if she's interested in him romantically. In answer, she kisses him. 

The end of the ep is a bigger spoiler, so I'm hiding it just for those who want a little mystery left... 

Hide contents

*kermit flail*

• Love 3

So Amy says "yes" (of course!) But we never actually see her say it. Leonard calls Sheldon in the middle of the proposal befor she can answer. Sheldon answers but tells him he'll have to call him back. We see him call Leonard (and lots of others) later to tell him/them that Amy said yes. Amy has a father! (Sheldon asked his permission to marry her. And may have asked Stephen Hawking too). Sheldon tells Amy about Ramona and says that her kiss made him realize he never wants another woman kissing him (hence the proposal). Amy runs into Ramona at the end of the ep and gives her a big hug.  Amy's career is really starting to take off. She apparently did some great work at Princeton and it gets her a big new lab when she gets back to Pasadena. Bernadette's career is going great as well. Not so much for the guys. I think they're a bit lost after the loss of their Air Force project. Leonard goes on a radio show/podcast and says physics is dead and gets into some trouble with the university. The other guys decide he's right and get depressed too. Penny comforts them. Amy and Bernadette try to keep their success quiet so as not to upset them further but apparently they get a little competitive with each other over whose career is going better). Oh!! They wrote Melissa Rauch's pregnancy into the show, so Bernadette is pregnant again!!

Edited by Gbb
  • Love 4

I'm actually glad they're doing that, if only because it reflects real life so much better than all these shows that have one token kid.  Or even worse the shows that have the couple adopting or having a baby with a surrogate only to find themselves pregnant - of course that usually only happens in a series finale and since BBT will never end I guess they won't go that route!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

I'm actually glad they're doing that, if only because it reflects real life so much better than all these shows that have one token kid.  Or even worse the shows that have the couple adopting or having a baby with a surrogate only to find themselves pregnant - of course that usually only happens in a series finale and since BBT will never end I guess they won't go that route!

I actually know several couples who have had that or a very similar experience.

Here's my beef with Bernadette being pregnant again:

1 - As far as I can tell, Haley was only a few months old or so at the end of the last season.  If they are trying to work in Rausch's IRL pregnancy, she is *much* farther along than that.  The timeline doesn't really sync up.

2 - This is a show that doesn't really, or should I say really doesn't, need babies.  They have the "Vera" gimmick with Haley, which strangely works (I think because they've given her Howard's mother's voice), but I really don't see how they can keep that going with 2 babies.  Plus, adding babies to the show really changes the dynamics in a way that I don't feel works.

3 - One of my biggest pet peeves is when characters are pregnant only because actresses are pregnant.  It isn't necessary and I can only think of maybe one or two occasions (strangely, from the same show--NOT this one) where it was not detrimental the show as a whole.

Look, it could work...but, I'll be flabbergasted if it does.

• Love 2

I was really happy to not watch a whole season of wedding planning with Leonard and Penny. I'm hoping to not see Amy turn into a bridezilla, worse yet Sheldon! As per usual, he'll be a pain in the rear on every single wedding detail. I'd rather not watch that.

So now all the guys are married/engaged except Raj. Since this has turned into a relationship show, they will need to match him up with someone right?

20 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

This is a show that doesn't really, or should I say really doesn't, need babies

I agree with you here but I think it's also a show that has made a real effort to let the guys grow up and part of being a grown up, especially a mid-thirties grown up is having kids.  It makes more sense to me that Howard and Bernadette would have another child than it does that Penny and Leonard don't seem to even be considering a first child when they've made it clear in the past that they do want kids "some day".  Well when you are in your 30s someday is a lot closer than you might think!  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, msani19 said:

So now all the guys are married/engaged except Raj. Since this has turned into a relationship show, they will need to match him up with someone right?

Probably not,. since he's the "outsider" standing in for the viewer. They could pass that POV to Stuart, but they've got a big enough regular cast as it is.

On September 7, 2017 at 11:54 AM, msani19 said:

I'm hoping to not see Amy turn into a bridezilla, worse yet Sheldon! As per usual, he'll be a pain in the rear on every single wedding detail.

But wouldn't those character developments be in keeping with what has come before? As a bit of a wedding cynic myself (no wonder my three adult daughters are single) I might be more amused by bridezillas Sheldon and Amy than I have been by a lot of the other bits on this show in recent years.

• Love 2
On September 7, 2017 at 0:54 PM, msani19 said:

I'm hoping to not see Amy turn into a bridezilla, worse yet Sheldon!

I actually think that would be fantastic. There's tons of funny stuff involved with wedding planning. The best part about watching them spend a season planning a big, crazy, fancy, wedding is seeing it all go wrong. 

• Love 4
On 9/6/2017 at 9:23 PM, OtterMommy said:

3 - One of my biggest pet peeves is when characters are pregnant only because actresses are pregnant.  It isn't necessary and I can only think of maybe one or two occasions (strangely, from the same show--NOT this one) where it was not detrimental the show as a whole.

It worked for Rhea Perlman on Cheers many years ago, but these aren't the writers for CheersI worked with sisters once who were only 10 months apart in age, so I guess it's possible for Bernadette to be pregnant again.

Just now, NeenerNeener said:

I worked with sisters once who were only 10 months apart in age, so I guess it's possible for Bernadette to be pregnant again.

The baby was at least three months old when the season ended.  Assuming Bernadette has just discovered she's pregnant the babies will be about a year apart.  Same age difference as me and my sister.  I know lots of families with stair step kids - in other words Mommy had a baby every year until they decided the family was complete.  Heh. for that matter my grandson just turned one and he's having  a little brother sometimes in November.  Definitely a surprise for Mom and Dad :).

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, BlossomCulp said:

The baby was at least three months old when the season ended.  Assuming Bernadette has just discovered she's pregnant the babies will be about a year apart.  Same age difference as me and my sister.  I know lots of families with stair step kids - in other words Mommy had a baby every year until they decided the family was complete.  Heh. for that matter my grandson just turned one and he's having  a little brother sometimes in November.  Definitely a surprise for Mom and Dad :).

My beef was not that the babies would be close together, but that if they were tying in Rausch's real life pregnancy, the timing would be off.  

(I'm on the west coast, so I'm still in speculation land here...)
Halley was a few months old at the season finale and the assumption is that the premiere will pick up right where the finale left off.  The problem is that Rausch, at the time of filming, was well into her 3rd trimester...  Now, how they are going to work in that Bernadette is *that* pregnant when her first child is younger than the gestation of her second child is, let's just say, messy.

The end of the Premier is a three-month time skip. So this way they can have Amy returning at the end of her fellowship and explain why Bernadette is showing. Remember they begin filming back in July when Melissa's bump was smaller. With the right clothes the visual will work just fine.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 3

I was looking to see when the next episode airs (11.16) (it doesn’t air until 3/1/18). and found a episode description that says Bernadette picked a name for her new son without Howard’s input.  And the gang is trying to help Bernadette start labor. So I guess she will have her baby on the next episode or soon after. And it’s a boy.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-big-bang-theory/episode-16-season-11/the-neonatal-nomenclature/288041/

Edited by CinAZ

I assume that discussion of previews "next week on BBT" are supposed to go here in the spoiler thread???  I'm super excited to see grown up Tam in next week's BBT episode (episode 4).  And to find out what Tam did to upset Sheldon all those years ago.  Hopefully, some day in Young Sheldon, we'll see the incident from the kids perspective (or even better, a YS scene at the end of BBT, showing what happened).

• Love 8
On 10/5/2018 at 3:10 PM, chabelisaywow said:

With the introduction of Tam in YS, I wondered if Steven Yuen (from TWD) was supposed to be Tam.

I doubt it. Tam is from Vietnam, Steven Yuen’s character was clearly American. Plus, Tam would know what he was getting into before moving in with Sheldon. 

• Love 1

A friend of mine posted on FB that she heard that BBT is planning to have Raj get sent back to India because of some policy of Trump's.  I know Lorre is no fan of the president but I hope if this is something that's really going to happen that they don't make it too heavyhanded and political.  

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

A friend of mine posted on FB that she heard that BBT is planning to have Raj get sent back to India because of some policy of Trump's. 

They already did a  "Raj may get deported story". Why do another one with a political component that'll anger millions of viewers, especially after the network had to axe Murphy Brown?

• Love 1

The storylines this season already feel rushed--like oh crap, it's the last season Raj needs a woman. The other relationships have stagnated. Penny is still stuck as a pharma rep, which she doesn't appear to be truly happy doing (realistic I suppose, lots of people don't love their jobs). 

The magic of this show has kinda fizzled out, it's definitely time to end it so I hope they give us a really good one. I hope it's not a "hurry up", we-couldn't-think-of-anything-else ending nor one of a political nature. The characters deserve better. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

They already did a  "Raj may get deported story". Why do another one with a political component that'll anger millions of viewers, especially after the network had to axe Murphy Brown?

Personally I hope they don't do that, it really makes no sense after all.  Raj is from a wealthy family, is in the US legally and has a high status job.  For them to evoke Trump and tie his policies to Raj negatively would require a lot of tinkering with the established storyline.  Which I wouldn't put past them but I don't think they'll do.  On the other hand if Lorre wants to use BBT to have one last opportunity to vent about the current president tying that in to Raj in some way does make sense.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CherryAmes said:

Personally I hope they don't do that, it really makes no sense after all.  Raj is from a wealthy family, is in the US legally and has a high status job.  For them to evoke Trump and tie his policies to Raj negatively would require a lot of tinkering with the established storyline.  Which I wouldn't put past them but I don't think they'll do.  On the other hand if Lorre wants to use BBT to have one last opportunity to vent about the current president tying that in to Raj in some way does make sense.

Raj's names don't seem to be common, but I recall in the years shortly after 9-11 reading stories of more than one man--perhaps even a U.S. citizen--with common Arabic names (e.g., Muhammad) being stopped and detained at airports due to mistaken identity. So, like you say, if Lorre wanted to go there with one last FU to TPTB in the last season of his top rated show, this might be how it would work.

However: I do not see anywhere online other than this thread any mention of such a plot.

10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Raj's names don't seem to be common, but I recall in the years shortly after 9-11 reading stories of more than one man--perhaps even a U.S. citizen--with common Arabic names (e.g., Muhammad) being stopped and detained at airports due to mistaken identity. So, like you say, if Lorre wanted to go there with one last FU to TPTB in the last season of his top rated show, this might be how it would work.

However: I do not see anywhere online other than this thread any mention of such a plot.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past Lorre if he tried this. Even David E. Kelly did it to the Bush Administration on Boston Public. Including a couple years later even William Shatner saying: "We knew it had nothing to do with the show, we all KNOW why the line was in there." However, very true, they have been there and while they rushing to end story lines, even this wouldn't fit. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yeah I asked where she "heard" this tidbit and she pulled the old friend of a friend chestnut so who knows where it all started.  That said it wouldn't surprise me if they did do something to "break up that old gang of mine" at the end.  Whether that means Raj moving back to India or just moving on somewhere else or one of the others doing that it's certainly a possibility and one I'd prefer over having Penny and Amy get pregnant.  Not that I don't want them to move on with their lives and start adding kids to the mix but I really hate the way shows seem to inevitably default to main female character gets pregnant as part of their finale.  Especially on sitcoms.  I'd like BBT to end with some originality!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

Yeah I asked where she "heard" this tidbit and she pulled the old friend of a friend chestnut so who knows where it all started.  That said it wouldn't surprise me if they did do something to "break up that old gang of mine" at the end.  Whether that means Raj moving back to India or just moving on somewhere else or one of the others doing that it's certainly a possibility and one I'd prefer over having Penny and Amy get pregnant.  Not that I don't want them to move on with their lives and start adding kids to the mix but I really hate the way shows seem to inevitably default to main female character gets pregnant as part of their finale.  Especially on sitcoms.  I'd like BBT to end with some originality!

Penny could secretly audition for something, nail the audition (but thinks she did terrible) then get a big part and has to break the news to Leonard. They wind up moving and Leonard can continue his work in a new location (or they break up, whatever). Or an earthquake or fire could displace them all (plausible). Anything but Penny/Amy winding up preggers. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

especially after the network had to axe Murphy Brown?

Murphy was only scheduled to have 13 episodes this season and NO decision has been made on next season, so MB has NOT been "axed"!

• Love 5
On 12/2/2018 at 1:49 PM, illdoc said:

Murphy was only scheduled to have 13 episodes this season and NO decision has been made on next season, so MB has NOT been "axed"!

That's how it was reported, but you're correct in that no official announcement has been made yet, and it's not impossible for a low-rated show that didn't have its initial order extended to be renewed anyway, proving the initial reports wrong.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, CherryAmes said:

I kind of would like to see an interesting and different ending. Then maybe they go into the future a few years and we find out who is pregnant etc..... I liked how they did it for King of Queens. Happy ending, then a twist. 

Edited by libgirl2

What I make of it is that -- to nobody's surprise -- the Nobel storyline is part of the end game! 

I mostly want it to be funny, but I also wouldn't want to see Sheldon and Amy devastated or shit on in some way. I'm still quite fond of all these characters.

• Love 4

I know there's been speculation that Amy is pregnant....she's acting out of character etc.  But last night's episode had Mrs Davis offering her booze of some sort (which to be fair we did not see Amy drink) so she either isn't pregnant yet, doesn't know she's pregnant, or the pregnancy speculation is incorrect.