Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast and Crew of La Brea: Here Some Come, There They Go

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

On 9/28/2021 at 9:21 PM, Quickbeam said:

I’m very pleased that Zara Gorecki is an actual amputee. As a rehabilitation nurse I am always happy when I see actors with disabilities get work.

Is she? So the scene of her before the accident was a CGI? I am also a pusher for disability representation but thought the CGI was to give her the prosthetic leg

8 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Is she? So the scene of her before the accident was a CGI? I am also a pusher for disability representation but thought the CGI was to give her the prosthetic leg

Yes. She is.
Maybe because I had already read about Gorecki before we saw the pre-accident scene for her character, I thought the CGI'ed leg was no better than the CGI'ed prehistoric wolves (i.e., terrible CGI). 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Yes, I read an interview with her about the challenge of getting work with a disability. 

• Love 1

I laughed when I realized that Eoin Macken, who played the fond-of-mead Gwaine in the British show “Merlin”, here plays a character named Gavin who has some drinking issues… I guess they didn’t want to stray too far from type!

Here’s Gwaine’s first encounter with Arthur and Merlin:

• LOL 2

Hubby and I just started watching the Bosch series on Amazon and spotted Levi in an early episode of Season 2--minor role but it was fun to recognize him. Also worth mentioning though not cast and crew, there were a couple of scenes in Bosch Season 1 at the La Brea archaeological dig site that appeared to be the same site shown in this show and even essentially the same scene, with someone climbing down a ladder into the pit to show a character something.