Type keyword(s) to search

S46.E10: John Krasinski / Machine Gun Kelly

• Start Topic

Bowen as Fran was funny.  Unfortunately, Fran in real life is not funny.  Her shtick has been played out for decades.

Kyle Mooney needs to go away.  He has replaced Fred Armisen as the "Cast Member Who Most Likely Has Compromising Pictures of Lorne."

Beck was excellent as Lindell.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2021 at 12:41 PM, meep.meep said:

That was the worst opening monologue ever.

Chess and drugs and drinking and fashion!

And also fantastic music! and Anna Taylor Joy's FACE! And vicarious female triumphs over mansplaining "experts."  What else do you need?

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited upon further thought
20 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Kyle Mooney needs to go away.  He has replaced Fred Armisen as the "Cast Member Who Most Likely Has Compromising Pictures of Lorne."

Kyle is not funny. It is just awkward him trying to be funny.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2021 at 9:38 AM, ahisma said:

The Twins sketch, Weekend Update, and the cold open were my favorites. It’s great to see Kate doing subtle comedic acting—it really works and it’s a nice change from her having to be more over the top than the real-life administration. 

Weekend Update had the truthiest truth:

• “We can have Rand Paul fight Logan Paul. That way, no matter who loses America wins.”
  • Cathy Anne on how to prevent more insurrections: “Put ‘em in prison.”

I wonder whether Leslie is totally psyched they did a Supermarket Sweep sketch or mad they didn’t do it when she was in the cast.

They Might Have Done That Supermarket Sweep Because Lesley Hosts Supermarket Sweep ! They Would Have NO Reason To Do That And Lesley Wouldn't Care IF She Had Not Done That AT That Time ! IT Would Not Have Meant Any Thing To Her !

On 1/31/2021 at 11:04 AM, Pete Martell said:

There tend to be three types of kisses between men on SNL:

- the '90s version, where men would shove their tongues around and smash their faces together like cartoon characters, usually followed by someone (often Chris Kattan) shouting OH MY GOD WHAT DID I JUST DO???????

- the Bill Hader type of kiss (which was what we got here), where two straight men keep their mouths closed at all times as the audience good-naturedly laughs, but not in a way which is as homophobic as the above. 

- Kyle Mooney kisses, where he and his male screen partner have genuine kisses, getting into the point of the sketch, not treated as a joke or as a reminder that straight men are kissing and to just be satisfied with awkward, chaste material. 

I don't have a strong opinion of John, but I think he was hamstrung by various assets not being there (no Office cameos, no Emily Blunt cameo). He was a likeable, charismatic guy, but I'm not entirely sure what would have worked for him other than what he got. I might have put in another character piece over the straight man roles. 

I Don't Know IF There Were Any Men Kissing Other Men During Bill Hader With their Mouth Closed ! I AM NOT Saying There Wasn't, But I Don't Remeeber Them Doing That ! How Ever, I Think You Forgot The Vogelchecks ! I Think Bill Had his Tongue Practically In Their Mouths Usually Andy !

On 1/31/2021 at 2:41 PM, meep.meep said:

That was the worst opening monologue ever.

Chess and drugs and drinking and fashion!

NO, That Was NOT The Worst Monologue Ever ! I Think The Worst Monologue Ever Was January Jones ! She Wouldn't Hardly Talk About Mad Men And Then She Just  Says DON ! IF You Don't Know What Episode That Was, She Played Betty Grable In A Parody OF Vertigo And All She Did As The Beautiful Betty Grable Was FART! Also, I Think Adam Levine Did Not Have A Good Monologue ! I Wasn't Thrilled With Jeff Bridges Singing Silver Bells With Kermit The Frog ! There Probably Were Many Other Monologues That Were Worse Than This One Was ! AT Least, They Had A Reason For Doing That Since Many People Kept Watching The Office When They Were AT Home Because OF The Corona Virus !