Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 6/8/2021 at 8:16 AM, Lexusprincess said:

Madeline S was not a favorite with the other judges. "Soft in her dancing" one of them said.   I do not believe that was all Kelli in fact I thought Kelli was how she made it to training camp.  Her group leader Amy believed Madeline S should have stayed another year in Oklahoma to mature in her dancing.   If your group leader is not supporting you, it is going to be a rough training camp.   I thought when Madeline S was cut her face slipped and you could tell she thought she had made it due to legacy status.   I believe she is pretty but I did not see her rock star dancing.  

Same - she was like Erin for me.  So pretty, extremely talented, not strong in the DCC style.  Too fluid.  When they refer to floppy bacon or noodley, I've watched this show so long that I know what exactly what they mean.  Hoping she pulled an Erin and busted her tail doing hip hop and power pom and can make the team.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Same - she was like Erin for me.  So pretty, extremely talented, not strong in the DCC style.  Too fluid.  When they refer to floppy bacon or noodley, I've watched this show so long that I know what exactly what they mean.  Hoping she pulled an Erin and busted her tail doing hip hop and power pom and can make the team.

I hope so too, as I like her.  The TCCs coming in are very strong, so she will have to be on their level to succeed, and maybe she is now.

• Love 2
On 6/8/2021 at 10:47 AM, Holly85 said:

Just bc they will be filming for the show there is no guarantee the show will be picked up for another season 

I think it’s a go if they’re already filming, at least this season.  CMT is not going to pay all the $$ to film a show they’re not going to show.  Plus, I think DCC is their most watched show 👍🏽👍🏽 

• Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I hope so too, as I like her.  The TCCs coming in are very strong, so she will have to be on their level to succeed, and maybe she is now.

That's very true. We have alot of strong dancers coming in but Madeline S, Tori, and Ashlinn have the advantage of being in training camp before. And Madeline S actually went through the full rookie TC experience. Frankly, I'm skeptical of any new dancer coming in to the process. Only because of the MANY times we've seen really strong and technical dancers just crumble under the pressure of training camp, the share amount of choreo, dealing with sometimes harsh critiques, the kickline, fieldwork etc. 

If we get another season, my fingers are crossed that it will be semi normal. I actually miss the rookie makeovers and the veteran calendar shoot segments. 

Edited by MeeMee2
My bad English... XD
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Madeline S, Tori, and Ashlinn have the advantage of being in training camp before.

Thats only an advantage if she worked on style and is more powerful. I appreciated that she was well spoken and "mature," but she seemed too stylized and careful in her dance  for pom. If Hannah gets cut for bad "pom technique," I sure don't want to see some blenders make it through just because they were in training camp before.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 12:12 AM, Holly85 said:

Is she following any of the ladies we know that are going 

Yes, Tori, Bre, and Amanda H, plus current DCCs Caroline, Chandi, Daphne, Madeline, Erin, Gina, and McKenzie are all following her . But what @Pau84 said is fair - Marissa is not following her. 🤷🏻‍♀️

EDIT: I read this question backwards oops 😂 she is following Amanda H, KayDianna, Bre, Ashlinn, Madisyn, Tori, as well as basically all the current and lots of former DCCs and some former TCCs. 

Edited by PepperM
Misread question
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Yes, Tori, Bre, and Amanda H, plus current DCCs Caroline, Chandi, Daphne, Madeline, Erin, Gina, and McKenzie. But what @Pau84 said is fair - Marissa is not following her. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She did come down in March and took a Jen class she  could of met them all then 

Edited by Holly85
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Thats only an advantage if she worked on style and is more powerful. I appreciated that she was well spoken and "mature," but she seemed too stylized and careful in her dance  for pom. If Hannah gets cut for bad "pom technique," I sure don't want to see some blenders make it through just because they were in training camp before.

My only worry with Madeline S. is that, if she makes the squad this year and Victoria comes back NEXT year (and the "only one Legacy at a time" rule, unofficial or not comes into play or is a factor in Kelli's decision) Kelli will find some reason to cut Madeline S. so that Victoria can return. 

I'm really hoping that the "Only one Legacy at a time" rule is false and they keep only the best dancers, but we've seen time after time that Kelli plays favorites and will often let an amazing dancer go because of some slight or fault that no one but Kelli sees or Kelli wants another girl on the squad instead.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 7
On 1/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Retirement list

Maddie. 5 years is enough.  Time to go and experience life outside the DCC bubble that has occupied her entire adult life including the year she prepared for her comeback.  If she's holding on for Pro Bowl, my bet is her co-point is going to get that one.  

Tess. a great 5 years, awesome kicks.  Time to move on.

Lexie. years on the Mavs and 4 years on DCC time to move on with her adult life.  She made show group and this year a leader so she's done well.  She's married and time to enjoy some nights with hubby instead of practice all the time.

Savannah- years with the jets and then DCC.  She is probably never going further than she's gone.  Great ambassador especially with the military but time to go forward.

Rachel A. Please do not go.  Personally I hope she stays another year and makes the team with her buddy Tori who I believed got robbed this year.  And they give Rachel A a leadership position which she deserved this year.  She would make a great person for appearances to speak.

Rachel W. Please stay.  Hope she makes point again and group leader.  As Melissa and Scott said, everyone loves her.  

Gina-she's already said she's coming back.

Briana- Time to move on.  Her body is clearly aging and slowing down and although she has style and class 3 years DCC and then her time with the Titans time to go.  I know she was injured in the dance off but that was not her best at all.  I truly think trying to hold on in your 30's is just that trying to hold on.  

Kristin.  read the handwriting on the wall move on.  Her posts now backpedaling after her blasting them for comments that I know I have heard worst was not a good look.  

Alanna.  I'm on the fence but her engagement may cause her to leave and I think she's achieved all she can.

Jalyn- I would say she's gotten as far with them as she is going to go and move on.

Alora Rose. please do not come back.  You are Kelli's project and next year will not be as easy.  Please speak to Morgan and Meredith

Kat- either grow up and lose the ditziness because that is not attractive in an adult woman and dance better or leave.

Personally I hope we see 10 or more retirements so we can see girls move up and new girls make their dreams come true.

Just compared this list with the list of those who retired on Making the Team's wikipedia page and your guesses were pretty much spot on. Of the nine who are retiring, you got six of them right.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, LilyD said:

Personally, I think that the arms over the head is the worst. Especially with those huge puffy sleeves. I must admit I quite like the cheeky over the shoulder look, though perhaps not the most suitable cameo/profile picture.

Right there with you. Even Kelli and Judy said a few seasons ago that they were a little over the arm over the head. I don't know, if it were me, I'd be practicing different poses in my mirror for months and looking for new inspiration.

• Love 8
On 2/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, Lona said:

Loved her comment on how she wouldn’t consider herself a “legacy” until she actually made the team. So classy and mature! 

I liked that about her as well. Madeline S downplayed being the daughter of a former cheerleader whereas Victoria, Kelli and CMT mentioned Tina Kalina & VK being a legacy every chance they got. Madeline wanted it on her own merits which made her far more appealing then Victoria who was basically riding in on her mom's coattails.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm really hoping that the "Only one Legacy at a time" rule is false and they keep only the best dancers

Wasn’t Meredith Odon a legacy?  She overlapped with Cassie. 

ETA: just looked it up, and they overlapped 2008, 2009, 2010.  Both legacies.  

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
Clarification
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I liked that about her as well. Madeline S downplayed being the daughter of a former cheerleader whereas Victoria, Kelli and CMT mentioned Tina Kalina & VK being a legacy every chance they got. Madeline wanted it on her own merits which made her far more appealing then Victoria who was basically riding in on her mom's coattails.

She's very beautiful and I really liked that she downplayed being a legacy... but i find her boringggggg! She didn't stand out in the dances at all, was wayyy too soft for power pom! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Wasn’t Meredith Odon a legacy?  She overlapped with Cassie. 

ETA: just looked it up, and they overlapped 2008, 2009, 2010.  Both legacies.  

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that that was the last time having two legacies on the squad happened.  After that, a new "rule" was instituted (not sure it was written down and thus "official" or unwritten/unspoken and thus "unofficial"), that there would only be one legacy on the squad at a time.  If I'm wrong and there IS no such rule, just rumor and innuendo, I'm willing to be corrected.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that that was the last time having two legacies on the squad happened.  After that, a new "rule" was instituted (not sure it was written down and thus "official" or unwritten/unspoken and thus "unofficial"), that there would only be one legacy on the squad at a time.  If I'm wrong and there IS no such rule, just rumor and innuendo, I'm willing to be corrected.

The first time I can remember it being brought up was when Dayton and VK tried out, but I always read it more as they didn't want to take the attention away from VK, not that they wouldn't want 2 legacy at the same time (just as long as VK wasn't one of them)

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Were there even any legacies on the squad between Cassie and Victoria?  Any other legacies that tried out besides Dayton and Madeline S?  What would be the purpose of this rule?  Well except to justify an unpopular or unjustified decision of course.  

Edited by ClosetDCCFan
(edited)
2 hours ago, dotdot 37 said:

even if VK is not in training camp this year TPTB  will find a way to put her face out there

Watch VK be a guest choreographer on the show or be brought in to give advice to the new training camp candidates or worse... be given color coded stickers to choose her own squad of 36 🤣🤣🤣

I kid I kid...but wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Watch VK be a guest choreographer on the show or be brought in to give advice to the new training camp candidates or worse... be given color coded stickers to choose her own squad of 36 🤣🤣🤣

Being real honest here. Victoria would be a better showmanship coach then Melissa! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a legacy sticker session with Meredith, Cassie and Victoria each picking their 36.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a legacy sticker session with Meredith, Cassie and Victoria each picking their 36.

Oh goodness I can see Kelli's talking head now: Their mothers wore the uniform, they grew up in the DCC world, and they themselves have worn the uniform. They know decades of DCC, they have had a front row seat to the DCC legacy. There is no one else as uniquely qualified to judge the candidates as these ladies. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Being real honest here. Victoria would be a better showmanship coach then Melissa! 

I don't like Melissa as showmanship coach but I wouldn't choose VK as her replacement. Now that I think about it...I don't know who I would choose. Maybe Kashara? Idk

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Were there even any legacies on the squad between Cassie and Victoria?  Any other legacies that tried out besides Dayton and Madeline S?  What would be the purpose of this rule?  Well except to justify an unpopular or unjustified decision of course.  

There is no rule about how many legacies are "allowed" to be on the team at one time. I believe that was a sarcastic comment that took on a life of its own.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

There is no rule about how many legacies are "allowed" to be on the team at one time. I believe that was a sarcastic comment that took on a life of its own.

Thank you for saying that! C’mon y’all remember Cassie and Meredith were on the team at the same time.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This will happen. Stay tuned. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Thank you for correcting me as it's easy, even for me, to get confused.  For some reason, I thought this was a rumor that was then confirmed by someone connected to the organization as true even if it was not written down somewhere (and that it happened after the Meredith/Cassie years).

There's no rule that they can only have one legacy on the team at a time.  It became talk on this forum that Kelli wanted VK to be the only legacy.  Meredith and Cassie cheered together for 3 years.  Meredith making it the second season and Cassie the third.  Sometimes one person says it, another repeats it, and then it becomes a legend or in this case a "rule."

I know Madeline has a lot of supporters but I was not surprised when she was cut.  She's lovely but soft in power pom.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

There was one girl - don’t remember her name or season, but she had dark hair - whose mother was a DCC. They showed her cameo photo.  The daughter didn’t make training camp, and I don’t think she made it to finals 

I have a weird feeling that Melissa Rycroft isn’t doing MTT this year. She said something on her podcast this week about going to the CMT awards because she previously had been on a CMT show, “DCC.” It sounded very past tense to me. 

• Useful 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Donna S said:

There was one girl - don’t remember her name or season, but she had dark hair - whose mother was a DCC. They showed her cameo photo.  The daughter didn’t make training camp, and I don’t think she made it to finals 

Nadia Marcella Lombardo was her name. She auditioned in 2012. Her mother Natasha McCarley was a DCC in 1985. She overlapped with Kelli, whose rookie year was 1984.

410284259_2012DCCAuditions_NadiasmomwasaDCC.jpg.eea318f5fa01ecdd4a12c913ff290409.jpg

Cami Branson was another potential legacy. She auditioned in 2015. Her mom Candy Causey was a DCC in 1983, which was also Judy's last year on the team.

Neither one of them (Natasha or Cami) made it to finals.

ETA: for the sake of completeness, Madeline Salter's mother was Shannon Hall. She was on the team 1987, 88, and 89. She overlapped with Kelli, whose last year on the team was 1988, and with Tina Kalina's whose last year on the team was 1989.

39511188_AmyCami.jpg.d6885c0dea5498003291d9cf59ffb2e5.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Katmcc said:

I have a weird feeling that Melissa Rycroft isn’t doing MTT this year. She said something on her podcast this week about going to the CMT awards because she previously had been on a CMT show, “DCC.” It sounded very past tense to me. 

Is there even going to be a show this year?  I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't.

The show is very Niche, but I wonder if there is the possibility it could be on Paramount+ like how Rupauls Drag Race Allstars is specifically on that Network too?  Just a thought. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I don't like Melissa as showmanship coach but I wouldn't choose VK as her replacement. Now that I think about it...I don't know who I would choose. Maybe Kashara? Idk

It's a no brainer people! Nicole Hamilton!!!  Ba-BAM!!! But Kashara would be my #2...

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Trulyadorkable said:

It's a no brainer people! Nicole Hamilton!!!  Ba-BAM!!! But Kashara would be my #2...

Or Sasha Agent.  She was ridiculously amazing when she was on the squad and could bring it!  I remember when they had her show her audition solo during Training Camp and Kelli said something along the lines of "They should show that in the locker room to get players fired up."  I know what she meant, but really, Kelli?  That phrase could be taken all SORTS of wrong ways and very few of them are mentionable or probably even legal.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I don't like Melissa as showmanship coach

her as a showmanship coach makes me laugh because...she was a passable cheerleader who barely made the team and is only famous/notable because she signed up to do tacky reality tv? also she won a ballroom dancing contest against a bunch of old has-beens who have never danced in their lives...? very solid

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

I think there might be another TCC? Molly Mehle (@molly_mehle) just moved to Dallas per Caroline’s story and she’s followed by lots of current and a few former/retired DCCs. No TCCs though, so maybe not? Just someone to watch. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Nadia Marcella Lombardo was her name. She auditioned in 2012. Her mother Natasha McCarley was a DCC in 1985. She overlapped with Kelli, whose rookie year was 1984.

410284259_2012DCCAuditions_NadiasmomwasaDCC.jpg.eea318f5fa01ecdd4a12c913ff290409.jpg

Cami Branson was another potential legacy. She auditioned in 2015. Her mom Candy Causey was a DCC in 1983, which was also Judy's last year on the team.

Neither one of them (Natasha or Cami) made it to finals.

ETA: for the sake of completeness, Madeline Salter's mother was Shannon Hall. She was on the team 1987, 88, and 89. She overlapped with Kelli, whose last year on the team was 1988, and with Tina Kalina's whose last year on the team was 1989.

39511188_AmyCami.jpg.d6885c0dea5498003291d9cf59ffb2e5.jpg

Thank yoooooouuuuu :) 

• Love 1

Showmanship is tricky IMO. I think there’s a big element that just an innate part of personality, tho it can be coached. I do think Melissa and others have coached people with potential, and they’ve had at least temporary success. Melissa was much more engaging on DWTS than she was as a DCC, so maybe someone helped  her with that along the way and she’s passing along to others.

Kashara, Nicole, Sasha A, Jenna, etc. just have that extra bit of sparkle when they dance that just comes naturally. I’m sure they work hard at it, but some things just can’t be trained. 

I think about how many technically talented singers we might see on Idol or The Voice, but they’ll never be a star because they’re missing that It factor. Or how many famous singers have just average voices but something about them just clicks. 

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Kashara, Nicole, Sasha A, Jenna, etc. just have that extra bit of sparkle when they dance that just comes naturally. I’m sure they work hard at it, but some things just can’t be trained. 

Agreed! That’s showmanship!
What Melissa does has more to do with building confidence and giving general tips&tricks and some advice. I can see how she’d be perfect for those tasks. She was a wall flower herself; nothing special as a cheerleader at all, but she’s learned a lot and achieved much since then. I’m still not a fan of her though!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCland said:

So will Victoria have to start the audition process all over again or will she just go straight into training camp?

If she is treated like every other veteran who "took a break" from the team (for whatever reason), she would have to start at pre-lims like all the other girls did.  If Kelli decides to continue the nepotism/favoritism, she'll start at finals with the "rest" of the veterans.  I don't know of ANY veteran (save Kelli herself) who went straight to Training Camp and even then Kelli was the only person who didn't have to audition at all and was already a lock for the squad.  She's likely not ready to give that title up, even for Victoria.

• Love 6
On 6/11/2021 at 3:10 PM, Weeklydcc said:

Or VK could be on the judges panel in the future...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, DCCland said:

So will Victoria have to start the audition process all over again or will she just go straight into training camp?

My understanding is that she would have to go through the audition process as though she were a new candidate, and if she made it into TC she would be considered a third year veteran rather than a TCC.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4